[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NETFLIX BLOCKS VPN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8
File: 1453522144952.jpg (16 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
1453522144952.jpg
16 KB, 233x216
So my VPN just got blocked, and i'm stuck watching the shitty local selection.

Goodbye NETFLIX

How do we blame this on moot?
>>
why blame on moot?
>>
Vice President Negroid?
>>
>>66630377
why not?
>>
>Paying to pirate
>paying for VPN
>For Netflix
>paying for netlix
Why not just use your vpn to pirate idiot
>>
>>66630445
why would i pay to pirate in the first place? do you live in some police state?
>>
>>66630679
>literally this
So how is North Korea these days?
>>
>>66630445

netflix is a lot less hassle than pirating desu
>>
>>66631323
Thats why i used it, also to help tech illiterate macfag family get their tv fix. However if the selection isn't interesting, it doesn't matter how hassle free it is, if no one wants it.

>>66631142
Greater than ever, news lady wore floral dress today. Summer comes early in Best Korea. Death to american dogs.
>>
>>66631323

not anymore
>>
>>66630349
Get hola instead of paying for a VPN faggot
>>
>>66631521
>>66631569

well thats the joke

you try and do it legally and they treat you like some kind of criminal because you live in canada

any sense of obligation to pay for my movies I had died that day..
>>
>>66631606
Try living in Europe, our selection is ridiculous. I wouldn't say they treat us like criminals, just idiots. We're expected to pay the same as americlaps for a greatly reduced service.
>>
>>66631766

probably the same

canadian library is only about 30% of the american content
>>
>>66630349
What VPN?
>>
>>66631813

proxy faggot
>>
>>66630679

If you havn't been paying attention TTP makes ISPs liable for piracy if they fail to block you

if you are in a TPP country and still don't use a VPN you're an idiot..
>>
>>66631869
Are you illiterate? The op said his VPN was blocked.
>>
>>66632115
Thankfully i'm not yet a member, however i look forward to becoming part of the globalist oligarchy soon!
>>
>>66630349
Same thing happened to me. Was using VyprVPN, but most of the servers seem to have been blocked about a week ago.

Someone on here suggested downloading Smartflix. It's working flawlessly atm, but we'll see what happens.
>>
>>
>>66632115
I pirate constantly and all I get is the occasional email. The law at this point has no teeth. Interested parties do not have the resources to go after every small fish. ISPs do not have an incentive to lose business.

Once upon a time I had to call in to my ISP after getting caught. It was a wristslap. I told them they could not prove I had downloaded anything and to restore my service. They did. That was it.
>>
>>66630349

>moot

Who?
>>
>>66632332

TTP changes all that bro

now the ISPs are on the hook for legal damages..
>>
>>66632332
>The law at this point has no teeth. Interested parties do not have the resources to go after every small fish. ISPs do not have an incentive to lose business.
1 in 1000 isn't enough to influence 1 in a 100000. Think harder senpai.
>>
File: moot.jpg (27 KB, 480x519) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
27 KB, 480x519
>>66632348
>>
>>66632245
>Someone on here suggested downloading Smartflix. It's working flawlessly atm, but we'll see what happens.
looks neat, thanks for the hot tip famalam
>>
>>66632380
What the fuck is this TTP you speak of, and why should I give a shit.
>>
>>66632380
What is TTP and why should I give a shit
>>
>>66632399
>>66632423

TPP sorry I always type that wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership
>>
All I want is to be able to pay for anything I want. I want to pay one price for some subscription and get anything I want of one thing whether it be music, films, television or whatever in some easy to browse system with a working search function.

I can't get that. Netflix is a disorganized pile of insanity and companies are dropping their contracts with them to start their own services. So we're just going back to the world where I have to fucking pay a subscription here for this chunk of content and pay another subscription there for another chunk of content. On iTunes I can't access some international music because it isn't licensed for my country. I don't want to buy physical media because physical media is plain and simple retarded to carry around and keep when you can keep everything digitally.

That is why piracy is great. Because even with the inconvenience of having to find what you're looking for, it's still more convenient than the fucking legit services we have today. I am willing to make the moral choice and pay for my content but not when it's significantly less practical than piracy.

Do you know why Good Old Games is fucking great? You buy it, you get a digital copy with no strings attached. Fucking fantastic; makes my dick rock hard.
>>
can i have multiple free trial months on netflix, if i provide different credit card numbers and email? I don't mind pirating, but i had Netflix for a month and it was really convenient
>>
>>66631766

Thank Christ the EU is actively planning on killing region restrictions so everybody could enjoy the same shit and not be cockblocked by inane restrictions on movies distribution on a cloud service.
>>
>>66632431
Well I've pirated some shit in the last month and I got the same letter as before. Pretty sure I'll get one tomorrow for Better Call Saul. I suppose I will invest in a VPN.
>>
>>66632499
They're killing it only between EU member countries.

US-Europe-Japan region restrictions will still remain in place.
>>
>>66632484

commit credit card fraud for convenience

u wot?
>>
>>66632471
This
>>
>>66632499
Too bad they're trying to take nations borders down too, we're not gonna care so much about netflix after we get blacked.
>>
>>66631869
What's kino?
>>
What would you guys recommend for a VPN? This one looks pretty good and is dirt cheap

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/#
>>
>>66632531
>
used mine CC, now I'd try gf's.Can I activate it again on the same device(s)?
>>
>>66632564

preferably one based where they don't give a fuck or aren't even bound by american treaty law.. like russia
>>
>>66632564
PIA is based in the U.S.

They are legally obligated to rat you out to authorities.
>>
>>66632588
Can you recommend something? I just used http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp for referrals
>>
>>66632583

Oh thats fine, I'm pretty sure you can

but your gonna run out of valid ids and cards pretty quick
>>
>>66630377
Because he obviously did some sort of Hebrew sheckel shuffle to this poor anon over
Probably got the idea from someone at kotaku
>>
>>66632564
Its one of the better ones. I used it years ago but gave it up for one with a better mobile app.
>>
>>66632599

not really, mine tops out at 700 k and is fucking blocked on 4chan..
>>
>>66632605
it's ok, I'd just like to watch Daredevil season 2 when it comes, don't care after that 2bh. Thanks for help
>>
Third parties must be putting pressure on Netflix then?

It doesn't make sense for Netflix to want to crack down on VPNs - they're the reason a lot of people have Netflix.

If I can't watch Canadian and American versions then there's no point in having it.
>>
>>66632651
Seems like angry kikes insist that something must be done now. Netflix support gave me a copy paste about how they're trying to convince the kikes to let everyone get the same content.

No saying if or when that could happen though.
>>
>>66632651

yes its the fucking studios

distribution rights are sold on a per country basis

netflix really doesn't get a choice
>>
>>66632649
Just wait for 4chan passes to go on sale and then you can post behind a vpn
>>
>>66632471
>I want is to be able to pay for anything I want

millennial?
>>
>>66632651
Netflix quietly launched in like 50 new countries at the same time they announced they'd be cracking down on vpn users.
>>
>>66632734

you're probably the shitposter who got it blocked
>>
>>66632753
>launched in like 50 new countries

its the internet
they should be in every fucking country

they sure as shit charge the same 9.99 USD

I can't believe the net neutrality people don't get concerned with this shit..
>>
>>66632748
kek my thoughts exactly
>>
>>66632777
>9.99 USD
anon I only pay 7.99 USD, get on my level
>>
>>66632332
TPP hasnt been signed into law yet, but when it is people will get sued massively to make examples out of them.

good luck, dumb ass autist.
>>
>>66632564
cryptostorm is the best afaik
>>
>>66632777
>I can't believe the net neutrality people don't get concerned with this shit.
When you deal with the foundation problems, which is what any advocacy group worth its salt should focus on, the minor shit like this resolves itself

People are crying about a douchebag like Donald Trump for his success. The problem isn't Trump himself, he's just a douchebag with money. The real problem is him being able to do what he is doing through the sheer power of his money, and the ridiculous media that is giving him free advertising, and most importantly the fact that a significant chunk of the people are so fucking stupid to support him.

I would say that I hope the fucker wins the primary and subsequently the election so it would hold a disgusting ugly mirror in front of America to show how badly it went wrong but nobody is going to learn that lesson.
>>
>>66632812

thats for no HD..
>>
>>66632850
why is this site filled with bizarre characters. To bypass filters? it looks shifty as fuck
>>
>>66632884

woah way to project there bernie fag

the last time I checked Trump is the ONLY candidate who criticizes jew written trade agreements..
>>
>>66632920
>1337 h4x0r
>zer0 kewl
>>
File: mylevel.png (32 KB, 1093x470) Image search: [Google]
mylevel.png
32 KB, 1093x470
>>66632885
>>
>>66632884
>I would say that I hope the fucker wins the primary and subsequently the election so it would hold a disgusting ugly mirror in front of America to show how badly it went wrong but nobody is going to learn that lesson.
Americans think Reagan was the best president, don't hold your breath thinking Trump destroying the country would send any message to Americans about the political system. It would likely get blamed on poor blacks somehow.
>>
>>66632947

u wot?

they charge me more USD for being canadian, for less shows?

fuck dat after House of cards im cancelling..
>>
>>66632947
Is this what netflix charges? Holy shit, that's expensive for such a worthless service.
>>
>>66632947
>>66632972
i think its actually 8.99 for 2screens+hd if you make a new sub. the price was grandfathered for older accounts.
>>
Still working for me. Got in Canada and US just now.
>>
I was only using the old Chrome media hint plugin, but that stopped working recently. I've still got plenty of shit on my own country's Netflix so I haven't cancelled my subscription yet, but the US content was so much better that it makes me want to get a VPN but I don't know if it's worth the extra money and hassle now that they're actively cracking on VPNs.
>>
>>66632471
Who else pirate, then buy DVD or CD if VERY good?
>>
File: 1334608198608.jpg (176 KB, 389x518) Image search: [Google]
1334608198608.jpg
176 KB, 389x518
>>66630349
Irritating. I was saving a lot of HD space by being able to access their entire catalog. It makes more sense to just pony up the money for a better home server anyway but I'll probably have to keep my Netflix sub despite that just for my family.
>>
If I have to pay for a VPN i'd rather pay for usenet. Is usenet still a thing?
>>
>>66630349
>So my VPN just got blocked
Sucked in dumb cunt

Streaming is for giant faggots that take cock up arse.
>>
why is this so hard to process?

netflix buys the right to content based on country. for US that's one contract, for UK that's another and so on. if they allow their users to bypass this with a vpn, they would be breaking their own contracts and would lose the right to buy content.
>>
File: 1456586229499.jpg (9 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
1456586229499.jpg
9 KB, 208x243
I'm now on a VPN, bitches :)
>>
>>66631583
Enjoy your backdoor assraping.
>>
>>66631583
>hola

yeah good luck with that
>>
File: jew.jpg (113 KB, 615x357) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
113 KB, 615x357
How is this even possible?
>>
>>66634001
that must be faked, no way moot is that rich
>>
File: moot_net_worth.png (158 KB, 861x431) Image search: [Google]
moot_net_worth.png
158 KB, 861x431
>>66634001
FAKE
>>
>>66634067
still an assload of money
>>
>>66634067
5 million seems a bit high but not unbelievable, if he ever found a way to monetize this site even1/10th as much as facebook the 350 million wouldhave been believeable
>>
>>66632607
Your post made me laugh, but it was bittersweet thinking about how jibing moot is mostly a thing of the past.
>>
>>66631323
Satan speaks
>>
>>66634041
Mootxico is a very expensive country to live in, he must be that rich.
>>
>>66632833

What is this fear mongering bullshit jesus.
>>
>>66634187
Towards the end you could tell it really started bothering him
we literally cyber bullied him till he ran away crying
>>
>>66633787
Yeah, but it's getting harder and harder to find complete files, even with a fill-provider. I'm using blocknews+astraweb and 70% of what I download isn't complete.

On a sidenote, there's no material from kink.com available anymore. I'm happy to pay for it one way or another as long as I keep my anonymity, but kink only accepts stuff I can be tracked with. Bummer.
>>
Use smartflix OP.
>>
fuck sake now I can't watch the US office because the UK took it off their libary months ago.

cancelling subscription now and joining amazon prime
>>
>>66630349
>paying for netflix
I don't understand this. You can't watch new movie releases until they've milked dvd sales. You can only watch from material from specific publishers,which means limited selection at all times, and you've gotta pay money for it. How can anyone who browses this site think that's a better experience than clicking one button and having any movie or tv show in full for free?

I will pirate until they make it completely impossible to, and at that point I will just stop watching tv / movies. Before I started pirating I never had cable and rarely went to the theatre. Hollywood jews will never get a dime from me.
>>
>>66633977
What's wrong with it
>>
>>66635129
>Hollywood jews will never get a dime from me.

this
although I think piracy will never be completely defeated
>>
>>66630349
>I got it, let's make less money
- some guy at Netflix
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.