[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Shameless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Shameless-Season-5-Poster.jpg (151 KB, 800x1088) Image search: [Google]
Shameless-Season-5-Poster.jpg
151 KB, 800x1088
Do you like Shameless?
>>
I like Emmy Rossum.
>>
>>66605589
UK Version>US Version>Zimbabwe Version
>>
I fapped to the dove cameron episode.
>>
>>66605628
I've never said this about any show before, but he US version is infinitely better.
>>
I haven't watched it since they broke up Ian and Mickey. So season 5?
>>
>>66605656
"estate culture" just isn't as strong as proper ghetto trash, also the uk show has to make a joke out of everything. it's not always appropriate
>>
>>66605656
/thread

Pretty GOAT show. William H Macy is brilliant and Emmy Rossum is hot. Also very good writing overall.
>>
>>66605669
Is this bait? Off to tumblr with you.
>>66605589
First four seasons are the GOAT. Makes you laugh, cry and cum all in one episode.
S5 was dogshit, S6 is looking to be kinda good so far.
>>
>>66605724
>Also very good writing overall
Agreed. There isn't one character I don't like in the show and writing plays a huge part in that.
>>
>>66605628
No one thinks this not even Brits
>>
>>66605735
>Is this bait?
Nah, not bait. They were the reason I kept going when I wasn't a huge fan of the show and then they broke them up. So no reason to watch anymore.
>>
>>66605735
Mickey is a based character and is utterly untumblr. Just because he's a faggot doesn't make him a faggot.
>>
>>66605765
Too bad we won't see him anymore.
>>
Lip is a weak jawed, droopy faced manlet

>that scene where the girls are like OMG hes so hot where hes visible in a profile shot where you can see his untermenschen facial features

why is this allowed
>>
>>66605765
Ian and Mickey are literally tumblr: the OTP though. Just look at Shameless tumlbr and reddit, everything is full with these disgusting teenagers who fetishize gay men.

Glad Mickey is gone, the pandering of turning him into some helpless, sensitive puppy completely dependant on his husbando in S5 became too much.
>>
>>66605810
I used to think he was attractive but not anymore. I guess that's what confidence and attitude can do for you but now he's become a whiney pussy bitch. Serves him right for abandoning that QT Amanda and not stopping Mandy.
>>
>>66605828
They all hate Ian currently though (I'm a shameless (lol pun) tumblr user, don't ship them though). Tumblr HATES Ian because of what he's doing with Caleb.
It's funny how fast they turn on a character once their otp breaks up
>>
>>66605589
This show will always get a A+ in my book for having Sasha Alexander show her breasts in detail.

God bless this show.
>>
File: B4QGoWMCYAAPIAi.png (246 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
B4QGoWMCYAAPIAi.png
246 KB, 600x306
>>66605881
>>66605828
I don't try to fetishize them but they had a cute thing going for a while and the build up had no pay off. There's still so much they could have did.
>>
>>66605937
I just googled to see who that was, and she's 1.7m

She looks like a giant on screen, how fucking small is everyone else.
>>
>>66605881
Idiots. What was he supposed to do, wait around forever while Mickey fucks ass in prison?

Don't like that Caleb guy either though, seems like a spoiled cunt.
> my family doesn't accept me for being gay!
> I still get invited to weddings and shit though lol, no worries

>>66605972
They were nice in the beginning but it became pretty stale after a while to me.
Writers are wasting a lot of potential in general imo, why can't Ian and Frank who really fucking hate each other have a storyline and development together? Stop introducing new characters and work with those that are already there. So glad Frank isn't off on his own doing random comedy-Emmy-bait shit anymore but actually interacting with Debbie. At least he was before Chuckie's grandma showed up.
>>
>>66606012
Is she Lip's professor? Well she wears heels a lot I guess. And Lip is a manlet.
>>
>>66606036
Well they say the only reason Mickey ended up in jail was because his actor didn't want to be on the show anymore. Aka he should be out with Ian still. But I think this was a good, legit write off.
>>
>>66606080
Same with Mandy, Sheila and Karen. Why are all the based characters leaving ;_;
>>
hope they go full blown alcoholism with lip
>>
>>66606146
That would be great. It happening solely because of that bitch Helene is pathetic though.
And the guy truly has the luck of the Irish, he has his based professor he's assisting to who has wisdom to offer and immediately got a job at a sorority house full of qts. I think he'll be fine because he's just always lucky with stuff like that.

Anybody else think it was bullshit that they threw him out of his dorm room? Couldn't he have played "I'm already under emotional distress, my professor raped me ;_;" card, even though housing is probably seperate from other administrative shit?
>>
>>66606108
Mandy got so shafted. She was a legitimately cool character who was only used for the sole purpose of either forwarding lips storyline or helping Ian and Mickey fuck.
>>
>>66605656
>>66605676
But the entire premise of the show is Manchester estate culture. Maybe I just relate to the British version of the show more (having actually lived in a shitty estate), but if you take that away then it's not really Shameless, it's just an American show that happens to be called Shameless.

It's kind of like if they remade King Of The Hill with all of the same character tropes and similar plot points, only it was set in a small town in France or something. You take away the location and the culture that comes with it, and you take away what the show is supposed to be about in the first place.
>>
>>66606280
the helene thing is pathetic but his attitude toward it all - being borderline manic about it - kinda makes sense when you take into consideration the only girl he ever really fell for completely fucked his shit up. lip was attracted to the fucked up probably bc of his own shit then went on using mandy and that asian chick but never really cared. then comes the first relationship he's really into and it doesn't just end, it completely explodes. i mean it's not even a real break up but a legal arbitration. taking into consideration his parents were junkies also leads to the perfect storm for lip to JUST himself, which desu is sorely needed. he is way too goddamn lucky. if he didn't come from such a shit family his character would be a complete mary sue. not since karen has his shit been fucked with so i really hope this gives him an obstacle to overcome
>>
>>66605589
I watched a few seasons of the US version, and liked it at first. Eventually I stopped caring about any of the characters and stopped following it.
>>
I really fucking hate Debbie

How fucking retarded do you have to be to lie and cheat your way INTO (not out, INTO) a pregnancy at fucking fifteen and then have the nerve to back your retarded decision up when EVERYONE around you tells you you're being retarded?

I mean shit, the fact that the only one on her side is fucking FRANK should be a giant red alarm, but no. MUH BABEEEE

And she was supposed to be the "smart one" in the earlier seasons.

I actually can't stand her character anymore.
>>
>It's a Lip fucks up but keeps drowning in pussy anyway episode
>>
It really hit me hard to find out that Charlie's grandma is Sherilyn fucking Fenn.

I mean, the last things I saw her in was Twin Peaks where she was argubly the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, and now this? Looking seventy years old at 55? I didn't even recognize her desu.
>>
>>66607164
She's mentally ill. Remember how she stole a baby back in season 1? This was bound to happen. She has nothing in her life, might aswell get a baby and make that the center of her existance.
>>
>>66605589
Are you guys a little tired of this show?

> Frank gets his liver fucked
> "Shit, yes fucking finally proper Drama on this series"
> Rest of the season Frank being Frank with fucking "comedy ala shameless" like always
> Frank gets in-love
> "Shit, yes fucking finally Frank gonna get character development really hoping for a good season for him"
> 2 episodes in the season and its all wash up

When I say Frank I can also say other characters....

At least Shameless gave me pegging fantasy with a Mommy, not bad.
>>
>>66608599
I watch it for the humor, not the character development. Or I guess you could say both because I'm fully aware that any development the Gallagher's get is just going to be further spiraling out of control.
>Lip went into higher education but became buddies with a drunkard, got a taste of his own medicine with the milf professor and still gets bogged down in hood hijinks
>Ian is now certified Monica 2.0, dropped his job because of a hissy fit
>Fiona managed to show yet again that even though she likes to think that she's keeping the family together, she'd kick them to the curb at the drop of a hat and is after her self interest (threatening to kick Debbie out if she keeps her baby)
>Carl's negro buddy repeated what landed him in juvy in the first place so Carl decided to put the drug dealer gig into overdrive
>Debbie becoming Frank 2.0

If you think that any of the characters are ever going to change their ways at all you are seriously deluded. I still love the show desu.
>>
>There's people on tumblr who ship Lip/Ian
>>
File: 1410011807201.jpg (43 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1410011807201.jpg
43 KB, 312x312
>>66609217
Jesus Christ.
Is nothing sacred to them?

>>66608599
Last season was shit, I agree. Random hijinks instead of an overarching story.
This season is doing a little better, at least it was until that grandma character was introduced.
Any chance of a Monica return this season?
>>
>>66609408
Fuck Monica! All I want is Sheila and her big ass and strap-ons back.
>>
>>66605589
Debbie UK > Debbie US
Lip US > Lip UK
Ian UK = Ian US
Fiona US >>>>>> Fiona UK
Steve UK >>>>>> Steve US
Carl UK => Carl US
Kev and Veronica US >>>>>> UK
Frank is Frank...
>>
>>66609663
I like American Ian more then UK but I agree with everything else
>>
Is this just as bad as US Inbetweeners?
>>
>>66610321
Not at all. It's a solid 8/10 show
>>
File: 1454927751206.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454927751206.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>66607164
She's pregnant? Haven't watched it in a while but wow
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.