[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Highlander? Not the sequels nor the television
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: Highlander_Remake.jpg (88 KB, 544x800) Image search: [Google]
Highlander_Remake.jpg
88 KB, 544x800
What does /tv/ think of Highlander?
Not the sequels nor the television show. Just the first film.
>>
File: tumblr_mxurriYEPr1sn2vmto1_500.jpg (208 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxurriYEPr1sn2vmto1_500.jpg
208 KB, 500x750
Seriously, what the hell happened to this series?
>>
No one wants to talk about highlander?

Fuck, does anyone even REMEMBER Highlander?
>>
I can watch the last fight over and over

>that sweeping camera
>that glorious score
>>
>>66604484

Honestly it's edited like crap, Clancy Brown is the one saving grace.
>>
>>66604749
>Clancy Brown is the one saving grace.
Not even Sean Connery?
>>
>>66604501

Lambert and Connery's real life friendship and desire to work with one another again started a chain reaction of shit and greed taken advantage of by even the original director.
>>
>>66604804

He's really not that interesting other than being some kind of egyptian spaniard.
>>
>>66604484
My favorite movie when I was a little kid.
I even wrote some RPG quests with thei theme. It was fucking awesome.
Last year I Downloaded the movies for nostalgia. It was so bad. I must have been a pretty stupid kid. The films did not age well.
>>
File: JamieR-BAM__Highlander21.jpg (321 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
JamieR-BAM__Highlander21.jpg
321 KB, 700x525
>>66604817
But how could they even look at the script for the quickening and not put their foot down?

Seriously.
This fucking movie is the turd to end all turds.

Love the poster though.
>>
>>66604845
>The films did not age well.
Only the first one is worth watching.
Everything else is ridiculously bad.
>>
>>66604893
How are the tv series?
>>
>>66604913
I never watched the whole series but i remember it being good to just simply okay.
>>
>>66604484
GOAT soundtrack, awesome concept and one of the best cult movies out there. First movie is literally womencantunderstand core, the TV show was exactly the opposite.
>>
>>66604484
i thought the first one was just ok. i dig the idea but Connery was just fucking ridiculous.

great potential for a reboot though.
>>
Never seen a series so long with only one great entry. Love the first one, hate the second, third isn't great though it's better than 2, and Source is so removed from the first it legitimately feels like a different series
>>
File: 1405964738052.png (639 KB, 815x810) Image search: [Google]
1405964738052.png
639 KB, 815x810
>Every movie that had a soundtrack by Queen was a fucking awesome movie

TRUTH
>>
So what do you guys think is canon? are immortals alien or not?
>>
I watched this recently, and its almostso bad that its good. To be honest the flashbacks are much more interesting that what is going on in the present, I wish it was just that story we got with more scenes and details.
>>
>>66605059
Unless it's a cover, then it's usually shit.
>>
>>66605075
Aliens were just ridiculous.
It doesn't make any sense when you think about it.
Also, the name is pure shit
>Zeist.
>>
>>66605059
Shows that the band actually cared about the movies their music was on.
>>
File: rickybobby.jpg (17 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
rickybobby.jpg
17 KB, 350x300
>>66604484
It won the Academy Award
>>
>>66605059

>Knight's Tale
>>
>>66604484
I love it. The eighties just ooze from it. From the stupid BING sound their swords make when they clash to the finale with visible wires.
>>
>>66604868

The Quickening isn't that bad if you watch the Renegade Cut with an open mind. The opening scene at the opera is actually one of my favorites in the series.

I'd definitely rather watch it again over Highlander 3, where they just remake the first movie with a different villain.
>>
>>66604630
Nothing much to talk about, it's good. I also liked the tv show and the anime movie. The other movies are garbage. Season 1 of the audiobooks ia ok and season 2 is amazing. The novels range from really good to fanfiction tier. The cartoon show is ok I guess, I liked it as a kid. The comics are shit. The franchise is dead as fuck at this point and the remake will just be the final nail in its coffin because modern screenwriters are unable to write interesting characters that are fun to watch
>>
>>66605690
I prefer the zeist cut to be honest. The renegade cut feels way too cobbled together, the "ancient past" plot makes even less sense than aliens. It does have some good cinematography, but I'd rather have the stupid alien plot that I can laugh at than a plot that makes even less sense.
>>
>>66605059
Flash Gordon is a terrible, awful movie.
>>
>>66604484
That poster is cancer. Connor looks black and Kurgan may as well be a different actor entirely.
>>
So Sean Connery is a Scottsman playing an Egyptian who at first pretended to be a Spaniard.

Won't ever get tired of that.
>>
>>66604484
How come Chris Lambert was able to have a career when he can't even talk right.
>>
>>66607516

His voice is sexy though.
>>
>>66604484

>Not the sequels nor the television show. Just the first film.

There can be only one.
>>
>>66606107
>he hates fun
>>
>>66607436

Also, Lambert is a Frenchman born in America playing a Scottish person pretending to be an American.
>>
>>66604484

HEY HEY HEY

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY

IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT

THAN FADE AWAY
>>
>>66604484
>the first film
Fantastic. One of the better films of the 80's.
>>
>>66605690
>>66606091

The Quickening is garbage but I admit as a huge cyberpunk faggot I can rewatch it, if just for the blatantly stolen Blade Runner aesthetic. Even Russell Mulcahey's worst theatrically released films are gorgeous and The Quickening is no exception. And there is a kind of weird value in watching a franchise torch itself in such a fascinatingly insane way, just seeing everyone light themselves on fire with this script that people actually approved and thought would be a good idea.

Hell, The Quickening isn't even the worst film in the series anymore. The Source is basically the 9/11 of filmmaking.
>>
>>66608279
Sadly the source is easily the second best movie in the franchise at this point. HL3 was just a shittier remake of HL1, HL4 relied too much on you being invested in the tv show while somehow also shitting on it at the same time, and HL5 is one of the worst movies ever made.
All three are also somehow more poorly made than HL2. HL2 is an extremely well made film with an extremely bad script.
>>
>>66608433
>Sadly the source is easily the second best movie in the franchise at this point. HL3 was just a shittier remake of HL1

What a terrible fucking opinion.
>>
>>66608433
>>66608453
Fuck, I meant the quickening was the second best. I just had a brainfart.
>>
>>66606107
i hope you have to take a giant messy shit, and the bathroom has no toilet paper, and your buttchecks get covered with turds, and the toilet overflows and your balls and pants get covered with wet diarrhea
>>
>>66608465

I got u sempai, it's fine. 2 is a turd, but it's a nice-looking turd and is at least the most experimental and cinematic of the sequels.

>>66608453

I mean 3 is basically a remake of the first with more Bonnie Potmore and Deborah Kara Unger's breasts.

It's not great, but I've seen worse. 4 is barely a movie, it's a TV special that someone decided needed to be released in theatres so you could see a 300 year old Lambert swing his sword like an old man with a walking stick.

The Source is a good contestant for the worst film ever made. It's at least in the running.
>>
>>66608571
In the extended cut of the source, the guardian shoots small taz-like tornadoes at duncan during the last fight. I literally cannot believe someone made that movie.
>>
>>66605059
>Suicide Squad
>>
>>66608650

>extended cut
>of The Source

What the fuck, really?
>>
>>66608688
The russian cut is longer. The german blu-ray has it. I own both versions because I have an autistic highlander collection.
>>
>>66608862

Godspeed my man, do you also own the 37 different cuts of Highlander 2?
>>
>>66609031
I only have the zeist cut on dvd and the renegade version on blu ray unfortunately. I wish the zeist cut had a better release because I actually enjoy that one more, the stupid alien plot is more entertaining to me.
I do, however, own two vhs, one laserdisc, three dvd and one blu ray edition of highlander 1
>>
File: 1453430274720.jpg (40 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
1453430274720.jpg
40 KB, 500x527
>>66604913
The first two seasons of Highlander are pretty much 90's action schlock with supernatural elements. There are some really good episodes scattered about though. From the third season on they start to explore the myths and backstory of immortals and had some fascinating insights into what being immortal might actually be like. 3rd is good. 4th season is very good. Watch the wrap up of the Armageddon storyline in season 5 and don't go near any of the other episodes except the finale, Not to Be. Kill yourself if you're ever in danger of being forced to watch any of The Raven.
>>
>>66604484
THE MOST AWESOME FUCKING MOVIE EVER
>>
Here we are
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.