[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of all oscar contenders, why is this one the least talked about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: bigshort.jpg (195 KB, 384x600) Image search: [Google]
bigshort.jpg
195 KB, 384x600
Of all oscar contenders, why is this one the least talked about on here? It's fantastic
>>
>>66596278
it's fucking trash, redditor
>>
File: nope.gif (988 KB, 294x224) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
988 KB, 294x224
Jesus christ I never saw that poster until now

that's an official one? It's like one of those fucking Love movies
>>
/tv/ retards average age 16, and mental age 7

Makes sense that TBS is too much for them
>>
it's entertaining but not a great film/movie

but then again spotlight wasn't a good film either
>>
it's clearly a work of poorly made fiction

do not watch it goys, the banks are your friends
>>
I remember seeing it posted before the oscars and a lot of people saying it was overly complicated. Saw it and was confused, they "comically" dumb down the terminology and concepts so what's so hard to understand about it?

Are most people on /tv/ retarded or something?
>>
>>66596564
this.
the movie literally panders to the lowest common denominator. you're not special for 'getting' it, it's just a shit movie.
>>
>>66596622
It's not a 'shit movie'
>>
>>66596703
it sure is
>>
The fourth wall breaks, the narration, and cameos explaining the terminology and fiiance concepts were stupid as fuck, hence the "reddit" critique it's probably going to get here.

If you want to see a financial movie about the 2007/8 crisis than Margin Call is done better.
>>
>>66596278

>"Picture this. . . .Margin Call, but for Reddit!"

>"Sold!"
>>
>>66596783
>>66596824
rabbit is not a valid criticism nor does make sense outside of this shit board. And while Margin Call is good, The Big Short is better and a lot more entertaining.
>>
>>66596839
kys
>>
>>66596839
>Big Short better than Margin Call

I refuse to accept that you actually hold this belief
>>
File: deadpool.jpg (91 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
91 KB, 900x506
>>66596839

>sophomoric humor and 4th wall breaks
>not catering to the reddit audience

Hate to break it to you, but you don't get upvotes here.
>>
I'll say why I liked it.

The editing was really reminiscent of Oliver Stone movies, like JFK, in that it had the documentary feeling of editing that ultimately sought to convey various bits of information about the the Recession. Also, the performances I thought were pretty well-rounded and indicative of character development.I especially saw this in Steve Carell's character.
>>
>>66596839
Get Out.
>>
>>66596972
I thought it to be no wonder (in my personal opinion) that this and Spotlight won the Screenplay Oscars - they were tightly written, had a place to go with their plots, and got there.
>>
>>66596858
>>66596872
>>66596926
>>66597015
>if you don't agree with the meme opinion, you're from the bad site
I didn't expect more
>>
>>66597064
>meme opinion

literally go back to fucking 'reddit', holy shit
>>
>>66596564
What do you think?
>>
>>66596972
>The editing was really reminiscent of Oliver Stone movies, like JFK,
It had the same editor. I think the editing style was a mess compared to what the guy did under Stone's vision. It just felt sloppy
>>
>>66596278
>why is this one the least talked about on here

Real answer, most of the cucks here subscribe to the theory that the financial crisis was caused by the Community Reinvestment Act, this movie blasts them out of the water which is why they won't discuss it
>>
>>66596839
Oh my, stepped into the fire with this post...
>>
>>66596456
>being this smug for liking a movie that uses trash celebrities to explain economics like you're 12 years old
Nah, you're the kid here.
>>
>>66596278

I didn't watch it but I know it's shit
>>
File: 1451661916698.jpg (16 KB, 384x349) Image search: [Google]
1451661916698.jpg
16 KB, 384x349
>>66596839
>rabbit is not a valid criticism
Yeah, I too wish that /tv/ would understand that there's nothing wrong with liking rabbit
>>
>>66596278
>Only Jew was a good guy
>>
>>66597103
Interesting thought. This might be where our opinions divide then. I can see though how it can be viewed as sloppy, with all of the random celebrity cameos and whatnot (Margot Robbie, etc.).
>>
>>66596456

Lel, because you're supposedly a high intellect by having selena gomez explain CDOs to you.
>>
>>66597325
This dates the film as well - taking in the assumption that people watching the movie ten years from now will recognize Margot Robbie and Selena Gomez.
>>
>>66597155
most of the people here support anyone who produces memes, they'll cheer from the misery caused by any financial crisis instigated by incompetence
>>
>>66597221
>>66597339
>teens sperg
>>
>>66597397
>fuck capitalism, amirite berniebros?
>>
File: 1443118652502s.jpg (6 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
1443118652502s.jpg
6 KB, 250x150
>>66597397

>projecting this hard
>thinks he's smart for understanding a film that explain concepts to you "comically" and like you're a grade-schooler
>>
>>66597325
Actually I found the scripted stuff (4th wall breaks and celeb asides) to be mostly fine if condescending. It was the random cutins of pop culture tidbits and Ludacris videos that did not add anything to the film. 2005 is not that different from 2015. I didn't need to be drowned in images from the media of that time to "get" whatever they were going for
>>
>>66597409
>if someone likes the film, he's suddenly a communist

>>66597477
>The projector talks of projecting

ITT: Retards even with huge exposition fail to understand film and proceed to berate said film and anyone who claims knowledge
>>
>>66597544
>fail to understand film
There's only one person here who failed to understand anything and that's you for thinking people who are complaining about it didn't get it. It's not impossible to understand it when it's literally spelled out for you like a Discovery channel show. I bet you feel smart and consider yourself an expert after watching a Nova special.
>>
File: 4chan sign.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4chan sign.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>66597544

>The projector talks of projecting

>Can only use ad hominem and cool kid finishers is having an argument
>Thinks he's smart for understanding a movie that literally explains itself in eternity to you
>Thinks calling people retarded somehow validates his "intelligence"

Seek medical attention immediately.
>>
>>66597312
actually everyone who was the "good guys", main characters, were jews except for michael burry

while the "evil" bankers were portrayed by women, an asian dude, an indian dude, and one old white guy who didn't seem jewish
>>
>>66596278
probably my favorite of the year, it got me to read the book. Might have still voted Mad Max because of technical acheivement but The Big Short is great real world drama.
>>
>>66596824
I remember Margin Call being as nebulous as TBS but I'll watch it again cus I like the subject matter.
>>
>>66596295
youre trash

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>66596278
Because /pol/ makes fun of me when I say bad things about bankers:(
>>
>>66596465
Spotlight was fantastic the way it played with villainous tropes with lawyers and the new editor. Exposing the flaws in Mark Ruffalos character without it undermining the point and the personal trials of the moustache guy having a pedo down his street...
Damn that was a fantastic movie
>>
>>66597672
And the two meathead white jocks who werent jewish.
>>
>>66600839
>Spotlight was fantastic
>Damn what a fantastic movie

:>|
>>
>>66597409
What happened with the Banks wasnt capitalism.
It was fraud and then government bailouts not free market capitalism.
>>
>>66600998
I...dont...know what that means.
>>
>>66601003
>implying fraud is not intrinsic to capitalism
>>
>>66601068
Ah yes and every other economic system has totally avoided fraud and corruption..
Its not intrinsic to capitalism its intrinsic to living with other humans.
>>
>>66601105
Yes it is. Now think about that in relation to >>66601003
>>
>>66601149
>yes it is what?
Yes is it intrinsic to capitalism?
Yes it is intrinsic to living with humans?
Yes every other economic system has totally avoided fraud and corruption?
>>
>>66597047
a place that was both uninteresting, uninspired and completely predictable
not to mention so irrelevant South Park has beaten them both to the punch

both movies are "style" over substance
in this case style meaning Oscarbait repackaging of a subject for "adults"
>>
>>66601335
Yknow what fuck you. Spotlight especially wasnt predictable.
The obviously evil lawyer having tried and failed to help in the past?
The seemingly biased older dude who refused to believe in anything...until strong evidence was provide and he was as passionate as any of them?
The Stanley Tucci lawyer being just a fucking hero? Stanley Tucci?!
The new boss coming in and creating amazing positive change, rather than the old trope of new boss=evil?
The central fucking message not being
RELIGION IS EVIL
but rather insular communities can become super judgmental and new blood is needed? and that organizations are inherently self preserving rather than whatever they claim to be?
>>
>>66601335
>Spotlight
>style over substance
>style at all

You drunk, mate?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.