[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/nic kelodeon-legends-of-the-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: 1456847219902.jpg (101 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
1456847219902.jpg
101 KB, 670x377
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/nickelodeon-legends-of-the-hidden-temple-hey-arnold-2016-tv-upfront-1201719422/

>As part of a presentation to promote its coming slate of programs, the kids-media empire (comprising several cable networks and more) will unveil a live-action TV movie inspired by its mid-1990s game show “Legends of the Hidden Temple,” as well as a two-part TV movie based on “Hey Arnold!” one of its best known animated series that ran between 1996 and 2004.

>In “Hidden Temple,” three siblings must conquer a series of obstacles to remain alive, mirroring the theme of the original game show. The TV movie, slated to appear in the fourth quarter of 2016, will nod to other elements from the original show, including Olmec, a talking head who knows the secrets behind the temple; The Steps of Knowledge, the entrance to the temple and launching pad for the mission; and cameos from a green monkey, red jaguar, and silver snakes, among others. Isabela Monae, known from her role on Nick’s “100 Things To Do Before High School,” will star. The “Arnold” movies are slated to appear in 2017.
>>
Double Dare > Legends of the Hidden Temple > Guts > Nick Arcade > Wild & Crazy Kids
>>
>>66575106
FUCKING WHY
>>
>>66575215

Flip Arcade with Wild and Crazy, and I'd agree with you.
>>
>>66575287
Who gives a shit? They were both terrible.

Both shows seemed to get the bottom of the barrel in terms of contestants. I don't know how it happened but the contestants seemed to be generally stupider than the ones you would find in Hidden Temple or Guts.

At least in Double Dare, you had entire families competing so even if the kids are retarded, they have their parents with them.
>>
>>66575106
>to stay alive
Fucking ruined and it's going to be try hard edgy cringe shit
>>
>>66575419

It's made by Nickelodeon. If anything, it'll be a kid-friendly Indiana Jones kind of film.
>>
I wish they'd focus on making actually good shows again instead of killing their good shows.
>>
>>66575458
>it will be kid friendly
They have a wealth of kid friendly shows that are exactly like a described. Virtually every cartoon aimed at 12 and under is like I've described
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (4 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
4 KB, 170x170
who /silversnek/ here?
>>
>>66575522

>kid-friendly shows
>edgy

Unless Nick is putting a shitload of gore into their shows these days, I don't see how those two descriptors go hand-in-hand with each other.
>>
ywn see a "Legends of the Hidden Temple" x "Wild Thornberries" crossover.
>>
File: Red_Jaguars.png (21 KB, 361x360) Image search: [Google]
Red_Jaguars.png
21 KB, 361x360
>>66575575

Red Jaguars for life, motherfucker.
>>
>>66575575
Blue Barracudas are the best
>>
>>66575576
>edgy implies gore
>what is shadow the hedgehog
>>
>>66575798

So you're expecting guns and cussing? From Nickelodeon?
>>
>>66575215
Where's my Think Fast?
>>
>>66575588
I want to see a crossover cartoon where all the 90's Nickelodeon cartoon characters compete on the LotHT.
>>
the temple guardians used to scare those little kids shitless
>>
>>66575839
You don't seem to understand, but I don't care anymore
>>
Why not just make a game show?
>>
>>66575215
Shockingly accurate
>>
>>66576068

Those were filmed in the abandoned (sort of) Universal Studios lot. And odds are they lost most of the sets, props, uniforms, and even Olmec (same fate as the original Jabba The Hut: poorly storage = death).

Either that or the film is a backdoor pilot -a very poorly planned at that- to see if anybody is interested on the franchise to begin with.
>>
>>66576039
>ywn have a job as a temple guardian, grabbing tight-bodied little girls and feeling them tremble in your hands

Seriously, why even live?
>>
>>66576192
I want to say I remember an article from a few years ago saying that they sold Olmec in an auction.
>>
File: 7619282.jpg (20 KB, 280x275) Image search: [Google]
7619282.jpg
20 KB, 280x275
>ywn be Dee Bradley Baker getting to make puns and moan under the guise of a giant talking stone head
>>
Whatever happened to the Imdeathinsidestare host anyway?
>>
>>66576068
Good question. Why are there no game shows geared towards children these days? You see, the modern millennial parent does not want their child to know he or she can fail. By pitting them against other children, the modem millennial parent believes that it forces a hunger games situation, making their child a wild animal and potential killing machine. So we coddle them in hopes of raising good, well-mannered children who will grow up to work in the insurance industry and not make waves.
>>
>>66576335
Not sure but let's go to Mo!
>>
>>66576347
I think you're making too many assumptions about society based on something as trivial as Nickelodeon game shows.

Parents still sign their kids up for sports and that's not even close to being phased out.
>>
>>66576347

While I agree with your point senpai, you could've condenced half of that to "They have that "everybody is a winner" mentality." You know, participation trophies and all that bullshit.

Mind you, now that I think about it, LotHT was never known for its prices. Most of them were absolute shit. Specially them WB games which I did play and were horrible.
>>
>>66576435
Then yes, what you said
>>
>>66576271
>I want to say I remember an article from a few years ago saying that they sold Olmec in an auction.

Why would they sell it instead putting into a museum.
>>
Between this and the Hey Arnold movie, it feels like Nickelodeon is trying to remind people when it used to be good, like a high school football star clinging to his glory days.
>>
Can't wait for the scene where they have to put a monkey together and they winknudge at the screen saying how hard it is before the "badass" girl does it effortlessly.
>>
Will the shrine of the silver monkey contain an actual monkey?
>>
Purple Parrots>Orange Iguanas>Silver Snakes>Green Monkeys>Red Jaguars>Blue Barracudas
>>
>>66575106
I guess all those Nickelodeon game show "nostalgia threads" last month make sense now. gotta viral that pre-awareness.
>>
>>66577978
That's certainly what they're doing, but I'll still be interested in a Hey Arnold movie, just because I always felt like that show had plenty of room to grow. Right at the series finale, they were starting to grab my interest again with details about Arnold's parents.
>>
>>66578954
No pairs of purple parrots ever won.
>>
>>66576192
>the abandoned (sort of) Universal Studios lot

I'd watch a movie where nostalgic millenials sneak in there to urban explore, accidentally unleash the vengeful spirit Olmec was based upon, and then have to fight for their lives in deadly versions of the games. Same basic premise as the Nickelodeon pitch but meant for an audience who actually watched and enjoyed the source material.
>>
>>66579273
>meant for an audience who actually watched and enjoyed the source material
man children?
>>
>>66579363
Basically. Jem and the Holograms proved you can't market that stuff to normies, might as well pander to the people who still consume children's media into their 30s.
>>
>>66579273

Well, they could always just film exterior shots there... the only issue is that most of the original structures and even the time capsule were moved to the Nickelodeon resort THING that apparently is not that good.

And I do think the GAK fountain was auctioned off.

In hindsight, while I like the idea (specially since the interior shots could be filmed in any backlot and no one would be able to tell the difference), I have absolutely no clue how they could get the exterior shots. But banking a project in nothing but nostalgia wouldn't be the greatest crime of all... if done right.

This is looking at you, PG-13 Robocop. See what Deadpool is with its R rating? THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU!
>>
>>66575106
I'm starting to feel bad for kids having to deal with neckbeards who refuse to grow up pushing their childhood onto them so hard.
>>
>>66579919

I'm a neckbeard that refuses to grow up and I don't have any desire to watch a movie about an old game show I liked as a kid. I'd rather just look up old episodes online and watch that shit.
>>
>>66579838

Well, it also happens that Jem was a terrible film overall. If it had been an original franchise, it would've been a straight-to-DVD deal.

>>66579919
Not our fault we can actually pay for shit and kids can't.
>>
>>66575611
Where are the all the Purple Faggot posters at?
>>
>>66579919
I don't think it's that anyone's pushing it it's that people want to share it and see that stuff could once again have some damn sense of quality to it compared to a lot of it now. Or hell just having more content at all instead of marathons of spongebob 24/7
>>
Why not just bring back the actual game show
>>
>>66580017
right here, nigger
best team of all time
purple fucking parrots
>>
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

is this that animated move the creator wanted to do?

this isnt live action right
>>
>>66580969
Did it ever occur to you that the reason modern children's shows seem so shitty is because you're an adult?

Kids like stuff like Adventure Time, Gumball, Uncle Grandpa, Gravity Falls, Star Wars: Rebels, etc. It's made for them. Not for you.

Honestly, I have a big problem with manchildren getting in groups and demanding that childrens' networks bring back old cartoons. You know all those old shows you're nostalgic over like Dexter's Lab, Batman: The Animated Series, Hey Arnold!, Megas XLR, etc.? If there were a bunch of manchildren demanding cartoons that they nostalgia'd over during your childhood, then you might not have any of those shows.

You would have had to watch remakes of all the shows your parents watched when they were kids. Maybe you would have enjoyed them, but just think about all the shows that might not exist if those networks were influenced by nostalgic manchildren when you were a kid. Right now, you're trying to mess with the current generation's shows in the same way, and with entertainment falling deeper and deeper into this trap of wanting to appeal to as many audiences simultaneously as possible, you could potentially succeed.
>>
File: 1389728465595.jpg (111 KB, 1109x684) Image search: [Google]
1389728465595.jpg
111 KB, 1109x684
>>66575106
WHO YA GOT? http://strawpoll.me/6968125
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.