[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
James Gunn goes "ugh" to"quips"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: james gunn.png (549 KB, 750x488) Image search: [Google]
james gunn.png
549 KB, 750x488
James Gunn:
>"After every movie smashes records people here in Hollywood love to throw out the definitive reasons why the movie was a hit. I saw it happen with Guardians. It "wasn't afraid to be fun" or it "was colorful and funny" etc etc etc. And next thing I know I hear of a hundred film projects being set up "like Guardians," and I start seeing dozens of trailers exactly like the Guardians trailer with a big pop song and a bunch of quips. Ugh.
>Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
>Deadpool wasn't that. Deadpool was its own thing. THAT'S what people are reacting to. It's original, it's damn good, it was made with love by the filmmakers, and it wasn't afraid to take risks."

What did he mean by this, /tv/?
>>
>>66567773
fuck soosaa skwaa. that's what he meant
>>
>>66567773
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm
>>
>>66567773
Deadpool and GOTG were both quippy shit. They just weren't Whedonquips but that doesn't mean they weren't atrociously written trash
>>
>>66567773

"I'm a pleb who got lucky", that's what he meant...
>>
>>66567773
source:

google "james gunn quips" and it's the first result that's a post by James Gunn on his own Facebook

4chan won't let me post the link
>>
Remember when James Gunn made Tromeo & Juliet, and it was okay for a Troma production, and he wrote the screenplay for Dawn of the Dead (2004) and that was okay for a remake, and he made Slither and that was pretty damn good, and then he put his head up his fucking ass and became a walking shit?

Pepperidge remembers. What a quip!
>>
File: 864852465.jpg (127 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
864852465.jpg
127 KB, 640x640
>>66567773
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>66567773
>What did he mean by this

Man, this old chestnut never gets stale! A classic standby to last the ages. Why, just the other day I finished reading The Brothers Karamazov only to close the back cover and muse aloud to no one in particular, "What did Dostoyevsky mean by this?" It was a great jape, a gilded lark!

Thanks again for the post! Can't wait for more!
>>
>>66567937
>Thanks again for the post! Can't wait for more!
Apologies; this board is so full of shit meme threads that I thought nobody would click on mine unless I followed "board culture" and made my thread in the form of a meme
>>
>>66567773

>literally made a movie exactly the same as all the other Marvel movies in tone and feel

>anything that even resembles that that came afterward is ripping him off personally
>>
>>66568465
Guardians of the Galaxy feels nothing like the other Marvel movies.
>>
>>66568465
DCuck pls.
>>
>>66567773
>Subtly stating that Guardians was original
>Not a shitty whedon quip meme fest

yea no
>>
So is that a dig against Whedon as well?
>>
>>66567773
BLUE/PURPLED
>>
Apparently had Gunn not been offered to direct Guardians, he would of left the film industry since Slither and Super were bombs
>>
File: super1_6509(2).jpg (51 KB, 280x436) Image search: [Google]
super1_6509(2).jpg
51 KB, 280x436
Was this better than Guardians?
>>
CHECK OUT MY PdEuCbKsS LITTLE GUY
>>
>>66567794
This.
>>
Talk shit all you want James. I'm still flustered that you got to rail Jenna Fischer asshole.
>>
>>66569632
It's about a cuck who learns that it's okay to be a cuck.
>>
>>66567794
This. And he's fucking right about Suicide Squad trying to cash in on Guardians' success.
/thread
>>
>>66569824
So was it better than Guardians?
>>
>>66569854
Only if you liked the autistic ginger in The Office.
>>
>>66567773
Why is he acting as if he was the first person to use old pop songs in movies? That whole soundtrack reminded me of a mix between Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs , and American Graffiti.
>>
>>66569875
He's not. He's just noticing a trend of cash-in trailers.
It's really no different from the BWOOOM that shows up so often.
Marketers will latch onto what sells.
>>
ONE OF US GOOBLE GOBBLE ONE OF US
>>
>>66569875
Because capeshit fans are ignorant and have goldfish memories.
>>
>>66567773
It sounds more like he is saying ugh to the whole situation and not just the quips thing.
Movies are only ever both financially and critically successful because they have a lot of talent and intelligent people working behind the scenes.
You don't just get lucky with this kinda thing.
>>
>hates quips such as "it wasn't afraid to be fun"
>immediately says Deadpool "wasn't afraid to take risks"
>>
>>66569875
He said in the trailer not the movie, and is then saying how afterwards other films trailers were the same trying to cash in on the success
>>
>>66569875
You know that the capeshit audience wasn't even alive back when those movies came out right?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.