[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "the academy fell for another oscarbait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1435966751879.jpg (211 KB, 1200x806) Image search: [Google]
1435966751879.jpg
211 KB, 1200x806
>it's a "the academy fell for another oscarbait movie" episode
>>
should have gone to mad max
>>
>>66521789
It was an interesting piece. Revenant and Mad Max were clever made, but they were fucking empty. Spotlight really touches your humanity.
>>
>>66522378
Like how you touch your underage disciples, rabbi.
>>
>>66521789

>oscarbait

It has none of the Oscarbait hallmarks really, the reason it worked is because McCarthy threw all that shit out and just focused on the investigation.
>>
>jews get to shit on a goy religion

it was a lock

pol was right

pol is always right
>>
>>66521789
>fell for
>>
Seriously nobody will remember this movie in a month
>>
>>66521789
>It's a "I hope this move distracts the attention from hollywood pedo rings" episode
>>
>>66522481
>Topic is about pedophile priests

It's fucking oscarb8 with a dated as fuck topic.
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=spotlight.htm

>Worldwide: $61,823,444

Literally The Artist 2.0

No one will remember it in 2 weeks
>>
>>66522590

>dated as fuck topic

The fuck does that mean? By that argument any historical movie is Oscar-bait.
>>
Well it convinced me to watch it at least to see if it lives up to the hype. I'd never even heard of it til tonight.
>>
>>66522590
It's a film about journalism and truth seeking not about the catholic preists or victims of sexual abuse.
>>
File: 1398806525595.jpg (15 KB, 275x249) Image search: [Google]
1398806525595.jpg
15 KB, 275x249
>>66521789
idc, ima watch it tonight & give my opinion on it within the next 2 hours. this thread will probably be 404'd. idc, ill make another post!!!
>>
>>66522680
Dated as in it's too old to be relevant and not old enough to be a period/historical piece. It's in the limbo of topical irrelevancy.
>>
>>66521789
http://iamthewitness.com/listeners/Jewish.child.molesters.that.are.never.on.the.NEWS-WHY.htm
>>
>>66522680
Are you fucking retarded? That shitty transgender flick is an example of contemporary oscarb8. Pedo priests isn't topical, it isn't 2007 anymore.
>>
>>66522378
>another outdated Le Catholic pedophilia propaganda
interesting my ass
I bet you think 12 years a dindu muffin was good
>>
Why are the names not matching the faces?
>>
Not my first pick, but at least it wasn't that steaming pile of shit they call "Room"
>>
>>66522737

>topical irrelevancy

That's not how movies work. It's still an important story that not a lot of people knew the particulars of.
>>
>>66522688
>not about the catholic preists or victims of sexual abuse
>Movie has a list with of countries and states where priest raped children at the end
>>
>>66522764
We jews get a free pass because of the holocaust anon we suffered too much
>>
>>66522481
>It has none of the Oscarbait hallmarks really

>not set in the present day
>serious topic about social issues and fighting an old established institution
>filled with actors who have a recent history of being desperate for critical recognition
>well made but average realization that doesn't take any risks in its narrative or thematic presentation
Even 12 Years a Slave was somewhat unconventional in its approach to the subject matter
>>
>>66522378
>Spotlight really touches your humanity
confirmed for not seeing spotlight
>>
I really don't like it when the names aren't in the same order as the pictures
>>
>>66522378
revenant was pretty but unremarkable.

mad max was entertaining and nice to look at, but a shite plot and no stakes.

spotlight was entertaining and effective storytelling. felt ruffalo over-acted at times, but overall it was the best film of the nominees. by sticking to the investigative process they downplayed the sentimentality, making for a few powerful moments.

usually shit on the oscars, but was happy with their choice here. shame mccarthy didn't win for direction. inarritu's oscar is basically just underlining the cinematography; those shots did all the heavy lifting. not sure what he did to deserve an award.
>>
>>66521789
Not to mention this is like the 15th time this same movie has been made
>>
>>66522688
>journalism in the same sentence as truth

Adorable
>>
>>66523235
>I'M A FREE THINKER

what's your opinion of jet fuel, anon?
>>
>>66522796
But it was senpai
>>
>>66523094
it was the 8th time a mad max movie was made
it was the 30th time a western/revenge movie was made
>>
>>66522608
Nah it's Crash 2.0
>>
>>66521789
Michael Keaton looks so much like Rachel McAdams in that poster
>>
>>66523623
It's not no matter how many topics you post it in, dumbfuck
>>
>>66524410
>DUDE RASCISM
>DUDE PEDOS
Yeah it is
>>
File: hobo-with-a-shotgun-2.jpg (47 KB, 550x379) Image search: [Google]
hobo-with-a-shotgun-2.jpg
47 KB, 550x379
>>66522812
>Why are the names not matching the faces?

>>66522936
>I really don't like it when the names aren't in the same order as the pictures

THIS! SO MUCH THIS!!!
Goddammit i cant stand that shit!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.