[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
in what order should i watch star wars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
in what order should i watch star wars?
>>
in the order it was released

this is the order you watch films
>>
>>66475184

like a normal person >>66475208
>>
3, 4, 1, 7, 5, 2, 6

Patrician order
>>
>Star Wars
>Empire
>Jedi
>Phantom
>Clones
>Sith
>TFA
>>
machete order

IV, V, II, III, VI

EP1 gets skipped outright because its irrelevant
>>
>>66475233
this desu senpai
>>
>>66475222
lol
>>
>>66475233
Still makes more coherent sense than 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
>>
>>66475233
explain please
>>
4,5,6 then whatever the fuck ever.
>>
>>66475184
A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

There are no other Star Wars films.
>>
>>66475184

Do not watch, Star Wars is gay and faggot
>>
>>66475233
>>66475233
>>66475233

this make literally no sense
>>
>>66475353
>A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

The only right choice.
>>
>>66475184

Eps 2 and 3 give a nice backstory to Obi Wan and set him up nicely for what happens in 4.

Skip 1 because it isn't necessary.
Skip 7 because it ruins 4-6.
>>
>>66475659
Episode 2 is the worst of all of them and watching any of the prequels before the originals destroys the latter's dramatic arc completely.
>>
IV, V VI
done.
>>
4 5 1 2 3 6 7
>>
>>66475248
>EP1 gets skipped outright because its irrelevant

>skipping a movie with Sheev in it
>>
File: 1429705239931.gif (652 KB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1429705239931.gif
652 KB, 392x400
>>66475943
this
>>
>>66475184
4, 5, 6, 7
>>
>>66475248
Fuck off with this retarted machete order
What a fucking stupid idea
>>
File: Labria.jpg (103 KB, 360x452) Image search: [Google]
Labria.jpg
103 KB, 360x452
Watch Episode 6 three times in a row and see what happens.
>>
Star Wars > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi > (Prequels if you absolutely MUST, they suck) > The Force Awakens

Torrent the despecialized editions of the original trilogy. Anyone who says otherwise is a memer, Machete Order is retarded, Return of the Jedi wasn't made with the intention that people would watch films released 20 years later
>>
Watch the OT in release order; then watch the prequels in release order; then watch the new one.

That's it.
>>
Just watch Ep II

By far the best
>>
>>66475222
This. I love the prequels and I still think release order is the way to go. Spoilers in the later series are in the prequels. Doc Smith did a similar thing with his Lensman novels putting 2 prequels ahead of Galactic Patrol. Doesn't work right if you start with the inserted stories.
>>
>>66475208
this
>>
File: 1436052087329.jpg (104 KB, 827x755) Image search: [Google]
1436052087329.jpg
104 KB, 827x755
>>66475184
>Read the Novelization of Revenge of the Sith
>Watch a New Hope
>Watch Empire
>Watch Jedi
>Watch TFA
>Forget Phantom and Clones exist
>>
>>66475184
Just watch ep 7 TFA. The rest of the series contradicts it so they're not worth watching.
>>
>>66481141
>Watch TFA
>Forget Phantom and Clones exist
Why not forget TFA exists because it fucks up Jedi?
>>
>>66475184
4, 5, Spaceballs, Ice Pirates, Guardians of the Galaxy, Battle Beyond the Stars.
>>
>>66475184

Watch episodes 10, 11, 12

Skip the rest
>>
>>66475184
1,2,3,4,5,6............................................................................................................................................................expanded universe.

watchability,

6>5>4>3>1>2>............................................................................................................................................................................................................................expanded universe.
>>
>>66475184
Just 1977 release of Star Wars. The others are just retconning, tampering and rehash.
>>
>Phanatom Menace
>Revenge of the Sith
>The Empire Strikes Back
>The Clone Wars

and just stop there tbqhwymf
>>
>>66475184

Episode 1-3 are the only good ones,so just watch those
>>
>>66475208
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The original Clone Wars animated movie,
(attack of the clones optional)
Revenge of the sith.
>>
>>66475248
>EP1 gets skipped outright because its irrelevant
You could say the same exact thing about episode 7
>>
4, 3, 5 6

Only correct order
Any other order is for hipsters or Oldfag fanboys
>>
>>66475184
forget watching 1,2,3
>>
>>66483124
>forget watching 1,2,3
>watch 7
Ho boi
>>
>>66475248
This. Or IV, V, I, II, III, VI for anyone who thinks episode I is worth it.
>>
>>66483124

>watching 7

Non cannon in my book and fan fiction garbage
>>
>>66475184

Disregard prequels. Disney is going to de-canonize and redo them anyway.
>>
>>66483124
>unironically likes 7

paid disney shills are in full effect i see.
>>
>>66485914

When it comes to the force, she instantly learns a new skill every time one is needed. She's stronger willed than Kylo Ren, turning the tables and reading his mind when he tries to read hers. She mind tricks a stormtrooper after just a couple tries. She force pulls Luke's lightsaber to her, overcoming Kylo Ren's grip on it. She closes her eyes and learns how to fight with a lightsaber better than Kylo Ren can. Every single situation that it looks like she's going to be in trouble she just manifests a power to get out of it on the spot, or she fails briefly but it only leads to her having a chance to succeed even more spectacularly than before. Even when she messes up it turns out to be the right thing to do, like accidentally unleashing the tentacle monsters on the space pirates and allowing all the good guys to escape unharmed because of it. She also can't allow herself to be rescued by anyone. Anytime someone tries to rescue her, she ends up rescuing herself first, and then rescues them instead.

When it comes to Rey's relationships, it becomes even clearer why she's a Mary Sue. Everyone falls in love with her the moment they meet, BB-8 imprints on her like a hatchling, Finn wants to be her boyfriend, Han Solo offers her a job, Luke's lightsaber wants to be her special friend, Kylo Ren and Snoke want to convert her to their cause, and Leia snubs her life long friend Chewbacca to hug Rey when Han dies (for some unknown reason) and then entrusts her with the most important mission the resistance has of going to meet Luke. The only people she meets that don't like her, or try to cheat her, or beat her, and up getting humiliated and losing more than they could have gained such as when Unkar Plutt wants her droid, so he sends his thugs after her... they get beaten up and he ends up losing his ship. To cross the Mary Sue is to be humiliated by the Mary Sue.
>>
>>66487315
What's wrong with Rey doing mind tricks or pulling the lightsaber of the snow ?
Luke couldn't do it in episode 4 because he was still a boy, he didn't believe in the Force until Obi-wan show him he could predict the droid shot in the Falcon, it took him 1 fail before he managed to do it. Then in 5 when he's in danger he manage to pull out the lightsaber. It's only when he tries to control the force ( and not use it ) that he fails with Yoda. Rey is the same, they just made it quicker
>>
A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

(4, 5, 6)
>>
>>66475184
watch the VHS ones
don't watch the 2005 remake
>>
>>66487080
Hi /co/mbler
>>
>>66487315
this is some dank fuckin copypasta right here
>>
File: 1456689476581.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1456689476581.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>66480662
>>
>Star Wars

Never heard of it 2bh
>>
IV, V, VI, III, VII
>>
Haven't you idiots even heard of the ring theory? It means the movies kinda form a circle

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 6, 5, 4 ,3 ,2 ,1

Is really the only answer, also most people don't realize this but if you watch episode 1 backwards all the way through you've
wasted a lot of time of jew bullshit
>>
>>66490361
I'm pretty sure you need to do reverse relase order to get full ring effect.

7, 3, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2 ,3, 7
>>
>>66487939

Are you high?

So uh, I can play Respect for the wind because I heard it a few times?

That's how silly you sound.

>Just about anyone could play anything and in fact, the reason Eddie Van Halen couldn't play Respect for the wind when he was 17 was because he was a kid.

How do you get to Carnegie hall?

With Practice, that's how.

How do you force control some one's mind, WITH PRACTICE!

Rey's a blatant Mary Sue, anonymous user 664871939.
>>
>>66489184
I just don't like that all of these abilities come to Rey for free, effortlessly, whenever she needs one of them to move the plot along. I don't like that she's better than everyone else at everything, and that Disney even seemed to have diminished other characters just to prop her up more. Luke had to work at these things. He wasn't instantly loved by the other characters, he doesn't just walk around winning every fight he gets into, Luke never even won a fight against another force user in the movies, either through use of the force or with the lightsaber, and he was given training by two Jedi masters to achieve the level of skill with the force that is just granted to Rey for plot convenience. Another example of this is the scene where Rey is replacing a filter in the Falcon and has to berate Finn again and again because he doesn't pick up the right piece. It's a parody of Han and Chewie repairing the Falcon in the asteroid but again, if you can't match the skill of the Mary Sue, you will be humiliated by the Mary Sue. Whens he gets knocked down, she just gets right back up stronger than ever, without a scratch on her.

Moving on to Finn. Finn would be an okay character, but he's really just the Chewbacca to Rey's Han Solo. He's the loyal hound, he follows her around, tries to protect her, he's just her sidekick. They gave him a weak backstory... made him a janitor, and a coward, and traitor. Not much to be said about him really, he's not exactly a character I have problems with, but once again he's another victim of being diminished to prop up the Disney princess. He wears the wrong jacket, she beats him up. He tries to rescue her and she gets pissed off and instead rescues him over and over.
>>
4-5-6-7
>>
>>66491041
wrong, the only right answer is, 6>5>4>3>1>2........................................................................................................................................................expanded universe.
>>
A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens

Only watch the others if you really, really enjoy the rest of the movies to the point that anything with Star Wars related material in it would please you. Otherwise you'll waste your time with shitty films.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 320x180
>>66482733
Which is why he didn't list it in the first place, George Lucas. Now quit lurking every single fucking starwars thread so you can randomly spread tfa hate you fucking retarded hack.
>>
>>66475248

This.
>>
>>66487080
>>66482445

Autism, the post.
>>
All I want is a TFA stream that isn't just a credit card scam
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.