[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: Brother Mouzwhy.jpg (53 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Brother Mouzwhy.jpg
53 KB, 480x360
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
I didn't mind him that much, the guy's a good actor.
>>
>>66468100
What the fuck were YOU thinking, faggot?
>>
>>66468100
what, this wasn't an accurate depiction of a muslim brotherhood elite drug enforcer?
>>
File: nation of islam.png (286 KB, 597x357) Image search: [Google]
nation of islam.png
286 KB, 597x357
Hmm probably the hordes of people who are exactly like that.
>>
>>66468133
Meme acting is not good acting.
>>
>>66468242
wtf
>>
>>66468100
>Sopranosfags shit on the Wire because ofnone bad character
>Sopranos had counless shit characters
>>
>>66468315
dude what is season 4 and the kids

sopranos has some shit actors but at least the whole storyline doesn't go to shit
>>
>>66468315
Name five.
>>
>>66468250
nice meme
>>
>>66468100

they weren't
>>
File: 1455506029176.jpg (38 KB, 500x543) Image search: [Google]
1455506029176.jpg
38 KB, 500x543
>>66468242
you trying to tell me that jay electronica is a hitman for hire. pls you can't fool me. that nigga is tapping that masonic bloodline ass ya dig?
>>
He has about five scenes in the whole series

Don't get the upset over it. Its not like Sopranos people get that upset by the Episode Christopher.
>>
they were thinking "muh nation of islam". them niggas wear bow ties so they must be steve urkel terminators who read books and have custom bullets and shit
>>
>>66468855
>islam
>ridiculous clothing
>dangerous niggas
Yeah, can't imagine why anyone would think that. It's not like 9/11 happened or anything.
>>
>>66468242
Yeah because we see these guys all the time right?
>>
>>66468360
Literally the best season
>>66468364
AJ
Jackie Junior
Richie
Furio
Father Phil
>>
>>66468946
>AJ
Literal meme response
>>
>>66468946
Don't forget Finn, Meadow and Carmine
>>
>>66468946
>AJ
>Richie
>Furio
>Father Phil
>shit

I like how you made that implication that only Sopranos fans would shit on the Wire though. Ever Wire thread some fag has to sperg about Sopranos and it's fans, totally unprovoked.
>>
>>66468946
Not sure if bait or retard.
>>
>>66469002
>Carmine

Which one? Both were based.
>>
>>66468920
Do you live in Baltimore? Because I see them all the time.
>>
>>66468920
>we

Speak for yourself. It's pretty hard to see anything when you never set foot out of your mothers basement, or set foot inside of a major American city in the last two decades.
>>
>>66468855
Do you not know who killed Malcom X? Not to say that all Nation of Islam members are cold blooded professional drug hitmen and enforcers. But Jesus Christ you are dense as a fuck.

>a coon who fancies himself intellectual reading books
>a drug hitman making his own bullets

what strikes you as ridiculously out of the ballpark here?
>>
>>66468242
It's not the outfit the problem. The problem is Mouzon was acting like a fucking supernatural villain in the league of Chigurh. Still not as bad as the axe burrito brothers in Breaking Bad.
>>
>>66469187
the kids obviously underage and isn't as knowledgeable about anything unless its on his touch phone screen or other people tweet about it.
>>
>>66469337
>Still not as bad as the axe burrito brothers in Breaking Bad.
Every single villain in Breaking Bad was ridiculous comic book tier shit. My biggest gripe with the show.
>>
>>66469524
It isn't such a bad thing if you view Breaking Bad as a live action comic book, and not as the greatest thing to ever happen to television.
>>
>>66469076
The old one, shitties actor i've ever seen.
>>
>>66469622
It is though since all the villains feel out of place in the show.
>>
>>66469896
>when Gus got btfo and he walked out the room with exactly half his face / body scorched

wew

that had to be the peak comic book moment of the series
>>
NIGGA WITH A LIBRARY CARD
>>
Even if Brother Mouzone's outfit and personality already has some basis in reality, that doesn't change the fact that he feels like he's from a completely different show. The scene where he shoots Cheese with his special bullet formula and faces no consequences is one of the weirdest scenes in the whole show

not to mention that scene where he's talking to Omar in the alleyway and it looks and sounds like a shitty generic action movie
>>
>>66469524
Tuco was alright
>>
>>66469896
Idk. Tuco and Gus were fine IMO. Same with the chalupa cousins, seemed like nothing out of the ordinary for Cartel hitmen, I've read books with more outlandish Cartel characters. Only villain who didn't convince me where Jack and his gang. Didn't buy that they were as OG as they were implied to be.
>>
>>66468946
>AJ
Brilliantly written.
>Jackie Junior
Also very good.
>Richie
Nothing wrong with him whatsoever
>Furio
They make him look like a badass for like 1 episode and spend the rest of his arc deflating him.
>Father Phil
The Carm-and-Phil plotline was stupid, but they wrapped it up pretty quickly. He's a minuscule background character.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1080
>>66469337
>The problem is Mouzon was acting like a fucking supernatural villain in the league of Chigurh.
>>
>>66469337
What? He didn't even kill anyone except for string
>>
>>66470309
>AJ
>Brilliantly written
You're going to have to explain this one.
>>
>>66471167
>explain

What where you to young to grow up during the 90s? Him and Maedo are amongst the best written characters on the show and some of the best teenage-child characters ever.
>>
>>66471244
What the fuck is that? That doesn't explain anything on how his character is written brilliantly.
>>
>>66471282
If you can't see why he is so well written there is nothing I can do to explain it for you. His character is masterful. Care to explain why you don't think he's a brilliantly written character?
>>
>>66471605
No, that's not how this works, you made the assertion you have to prove it.
>>
>>66471605
He really isn't well written at all. You just relate to him being a fuckup
>>
>>66471655
I did not make the assertion. Though you (or whoever claimed he was the worst character) are making the assertion that he isn't, when the popular consensus is that he was, so the burden of proof is on you. He's the quintessential 90's turn of the century 00s kid-teenager. Literally how old are you? Are you not self aware? Do you see AJ and cringe at what he does, not realizing you probably do the same shit?
>>
>>66470217
>Gus were fine
Gus was some sort of omnipotent asshole who inexplicably cared more about two corner dealers than the guys actually cooking his supply.
>>
>>66471775
Ok so you just relate to him being a fuckup. We're not all losers though.
>>
>>66471655
>>66471772
Just because you hate him as a character, doesn't necessarily mean he isn't well written. In fact, like Janice, you are suppose to hate him. And those two actors in particular do an exceptional job of getting you to hate them. Again, this does not mean they are shit characters. You feel what Tony feels towards them. AJ may be a whiny edgy little bitch, and Janice a massive cunt, but they are both very well written.
>>
File: reddit's favorite character.gif (485 KB, 475x237) Image search: [Google]
reddit's favorite character.gif
485 KB, 475x237
>>66468100
>>
>>66471902
>browsing the shittiest board on an anonymous chinese forum
>on a beautiful sunday afternoon
>we're not all losers though

kek, whatever you gotta tell yourself bud. I'll say it again, just because you hate the character, doesn't mean they are poorly written. But you probably cheered for Tony, Walt and Don the entire runs of their shows, so who am I kidding.
>>
File: sydnor.jpg (142 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
sydnor.jpg
142 KB, 1024x576
Can we all agree that Sydnor was the worst character on the Wire?

Nigger had the personality of a brick, and he really didn't do anything plot-relevant.

The first time I rewatched the series, I had honestly forgotten who he was.
>>
>>66471772
Do you have any criteria for what makes a well-written character?

And realistic and relatable character is a well-written one.
>>
>>66472047
Was he in season 1 or something? I waited a year after season 1 before watching the rest of the show and seeing him suddenly be an established part of the crew in season 3 was weird as fuck. Had no recollection of him whatsoever.
>>
>>66471920
>Janice
Yes
>AJ
No
>>
>>66471801
>omnipotent
thats what happens when you spend decades operating in organized crime. All that nose for danger stuff either becomes a quasi sixth sense, or you die. Like how Michael Corleone knew that because his blinds were open, there was about to be a hit on him, and then knew exactly who it was.

And he reprimanded the two street dealers and Jesse equally. Jesse violated the peace, Walter ran the dudes down and killed them. Both Walt and Jesse and basically thumbed their noses at Gus after he'd already mediated the situation. Big no no's. It's not that he cared about the street dealers more than his cooks, its that he was disrespected and Walt thinks he can just connive his way out of everything.
>>
>>66472202
>Was he in season 1 or something?
He was, he did a lot of undercover shit.

>Had no recollection of him whatsoever.
That's how effective he is at going undercover: the viewers didn't notice him at all.
>>
>>66472235
>AJ
>no

thats a nice opinion you have there, would be a shame if you had to, EXPLAIN IT
>>
>>66471167
He's very true to life for the time period and socioeconomic setting, and his relationships with Tony and Carmela have a lot of interesting nuance, especially in the later seasons.
>>
>>66468100
When I was 19 and got into the wire, I thought brother mouzone and omar were the baddest, coolest motherfuckers on TV.
>>
>>66472273
Kek
>>
>>66472348
Omar was cool in the first season though. But he should have been killed by Slim or someone before Bird's trial
>>
>>66472336
Not to mention his relationships with his sister and his "friends". And most people who dislike AJ, in my experience, are teenagers who haven't yet realized how edgy they are, or are fedora tier.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.