[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that the Britain shown in American shows, whilst being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 24
File: Austin Powers.jpg (93 KB, 1056x641) Image search: [Google]
Austin Powers.jpg
93 KB, 1056x641
Why is it that the Britain shown in American shows, whilst being wildly off the mark always has the air of the Britain (or more specifically London) of the 1960's? And why is it we're often show to say nonsense words like "fimbly" I get the whole "Brit slang is weird" thing, but nobody actually talks anything like that.

I'm not being a butthurt Brit, it really doesn't bother me but I legit want to know peoples thoughts on it
>>
>>64908128
Why do all Brits who try to act like Americans sound like John Wayne with autism?
>>
Why do yank directors keep casting brits as yanks?
>>
File: 1380325061071.jpg (88 KB, 497x943) Image search: [Google]
1380325061071.jpg
88 KB, 497x943
>>64908200
Why do Brits keep getting cast in big American roles then?
>>
>>64908256
Because there is more concentrated talent on this tiny island than what there is in the whole continent of America.

But nah seriously, its probably because it's easier to get noticed in Britain, and American films tend to be set in or have American roles so when you look for talent for your role, sometimes it lands on a Brit.
>>
>>64908128
would you really rather a realistic depiction?
>>
Name one show or movie that does this.
>>
>>64908653
Like I said, it doesn't bother me I was just curious as to why
>>
>>64908128
Because that was when Bond movies were most popular
>>
>>64908684
Austin Powers.

It's literally in the post, you underaged autist.
>>
>>64908980
Nah Austin Powers is supposed to be a pastiche of 60's Britain because the entire film is a pisstake of 60's Bond films.

It was literally the first Brit related image I could find Senpai
>>
>>64908933

This. No really, when Hollywood thinks of "Britian", it thinks of 007.
>>
>>64909298
>it thinks of 007.
Which one?
>>
Because the modern UK looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjL4BEVX5xk
>>
>>64909354
Sean Connery.
>>
> 2016

When most people think of britain today, it's an image of all those Mudslimes freely parading in the streets while the whites cower in their homes.
>>
>>64909517
nice try but 'most people' still think of cups of tea and the queen
>>
>>64909575
>cups of tea and the queen

A little dated there. Your parent's might think that.

Turn on the BBC today.

Every fucking show is some white cuck appologizing and cowering to shitskins.
>>
File: Royal reptile.jpg (57 KB, 600x376) Image search: [Google]
Royal reptile.jpg
57 KB, 600x376
>>64909575
Very few people in Britain give a shit about the royal family.
>>
File: Lenny-Karl.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Lenny-Karl.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>64909729
>Very few people in Britain give a shit about the royal family.
>>
File: Royal cuck.jpg (47 KB, 462x421) Image search: [Google]
Royal cuck.jpg
47 KB, 462x421
>>64909740
I've lived here all my life, in various places around England and Wales and the only people I know who legit give a fuck about the royals are old people.

I mean give a shit in the way Americans seem to think we do. That whole "Cor blimey they insulted 'er Maj the Queen! I'll fight you for that you wanker!" Thing

Most people aren't THAT fussed about them
>>
>>64910028
Henry is the true king of england
>>
>>64910028
Most people I know here are either indifferent towards them or actively hate them. Personally I don't much care for them.
>>
File: Monarchy%20-%20Combined[1].png (32 KB, 978x544) Image search: [Google]
Monarchy%20-%20Combined[1].png
32 KB, 978x544
>>64910028
>I mean give a shit in the way Americans seem to think we do

In that respect you're right. I, like most, don't think about them on a day to day basis but if someone asked me I'd have an opinion.

>>64910124
Maybe you should stop hanging around labour voters :^)
>>
Pixels even has the "British teeth" and "strange language" scene we've seen 1000x since the 1950s
Lazy lazy American cunts
>>
File: Britain.png (211 KB, 323x810) Image search: [Google]
Britain.png
211 KB, 323x810
>>64910141
I'm a Labour voter, and I think the monarchy is good for Britain, but only because to give her her dues, the Queen is fucking good at her job as ambassador to Britain, let alone all the money made from tourism.

I mean she's only had one real scandal and that was because she apparently didn't show the correct level of grief at the death of Diana.

Charles on the other hand I don't trust in the slightest.
>>
>>64910347
>Charles on the other hand I don't trust in the slightest.

I don't think anyone does. Will and Kate are the safe choice to keep the "brand" bland and safe; Charlie's a loose cannon with about as much likeability as bowel cancer.
>>
I think it's because the 60's were when Britain was strongest economically. The 50's were too close to the war so people were still recovering, and in the 70's things started to go downhill, so it's the only time until I guess the 90's when you saw people there being more confident and optimistic.
>>
>>64908128
i want you to actually give examples of this, because im pretty sure you'll only actually be able to say Austin powers which is a spoof of 60's bond
>>
File: 8 legged brits.jpg (141 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
8 legged brits.jpg
141 KB, 840x1200
>>64910445
60's Britain was after the Suez crisis though, which was a marked turn for Britains standing on the world stage in that we weren't seen as the strong nation we once were at the height of empire. That coupled with the wind of change speech and the letting go of India made Britain look incredibly weak to the world.

We didn't really seem like a properly strong nation again until the Falklands, but then we still had mass strikes and Thatcher to deal with.
>>
>>64910141
I'm a libertarian, Labour voters and I don't really get along.
>>
>>64910538
The Simpsons, Family Guy, as someone pointed out earlier, Pixels.

The way Alfred Pennyworth is portrayed in both Gotham and the Dark Knight films
>>
>>64910538
Off the top of my head

Fraiser
The Simpsons
Arrested Development (The British town)
Rey from Star Wars (her accent is exaggerated af)
>>
>>64910728
>comedies using exaggerated stereotypes
>Star Wars is supposed to accurately represent Britain

really?
>>
>>64910562

That's true but I think the phenomenon we're talking about has more to do with the mood on the street at the time. Quality of life was going up for most regular people so the nation was feeling more energetic. On top of that (or maybe because of it) British pop culture was starting to become a real force internationally. I think this caused in places like the US a kind of snapshot of the culture at the time to be embedded in people's minds as part of their image of Britain.
>>
>>64910028

Harry definitely looks way more like Charles and Diana than he does that fuckin' pedo on the left.
>>
During the 60s Britain was very prominent pop culture wise, shit like the Beatles and James Bond kicked off and was part of the "British Invasion" as it was known in America.
>>
>>64910766
>implying Star Wars isnt a comedy film

It's aimed predominantly at American audiences, so the British accent is exaggerated to give it a fantasy feel. I'm not OP though, I was just giving examples of where the British accent is exaggerated to convey American stereotypes.
>>
>>64909644

Those are Belgians! We haven't stooped that low...

Yet.
>>
>>64910728

The Arrested Development one is a parody of this though. It's subtle, but it's made clear when they go into the American restaurant there and it's ridiculously stereotyped.
>>
>>64910347
>the Queen is fucking good at her job

Oh I'm sure she can shake hands like a pro. She's a parasite m8
>>
>>64910841
Mate Harry and Hewett have the same fucking smile
>>
>>64910956
If you legit can't see the benefits royal visits to foreign nations have politically and in the public consciousness of the nations she visits then your beyond hope
>>
>>64911047
>the benefits royal visits to foreign nations have politically

>nationalism
>not realising that nationalist sentiment is a lie made up by rich normans to cuck you while they take the cream.
>supporting giving a family free money because of pseudo religious and divine right nonsense.
>>
>>64910181
Says the country that still thinks men in Drag is the apex of comedy.
>>
>>64910977

Not at all. He's definitely Charles and Diana's kid. It's a stupid meme.
>>
>>64908582
>>64908347
>>64908256

It's because most british actors are staged trained, not disney trained. They're simply better, by and large.
>>
>>64910956
>parasite

I'm not fan but she actually makes money for the country, when all is said and done.
>>
File: Pepe plays DOOM.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Pepe plays DOOM.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
>>64911305
We really don't mate. most of our iconic comedy doesn't feature men in drag at all

>coming from a nation that requires a laugh track so you know when to laugh when the autsitic bloke makes a general observation like "Mario jumps on turtles, he doesn't like reptiles very much"
>>
>>64911453
No, fancy palaces make money. Naturally, if the queen was removed from her figurehead position, her lands would be seized and turned into world heritage sites, and they'd make just as much money from tourism.
>>
>>64911453
no, she takes money from the country.

>MUH TOURISM
It's the principle of the thing. people would still visit buckingham palace if no one was there. It's not as if she comes out and meets everyone. let the tourist companies pay for her if they want.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (7 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
7 KB, 198x255
>>64911221
>pseudo religious and divine right nonsense
>>
>>64911548
To be fair, I don't think tourists go to Buckingham palace because its a fancy place. They go there because its where the Queen lives.

If you asked them, I guarantee if most non brits were to be asked "Name something British" it would be a very close run call between Tea and the Queen
>>
>>64910347
Labour voter and member here, I agree entirely with this.

I can't imagine Charles being king, if he ever does take the throne it won't be for very long. I wouldn't be surprised if he just passed it on to Kate and Will
>>
>>64911548
>>64911585

You don't think the culture of celebrity surrounding the royal family boosts the relevance of these places of interest substantially? In a world in which a British prince being born is worldwide news?
>>
>>64911585

It's not like you can just get rid of them just like that. They are so heavily ingrained into the countries structure literally everything would need changing from taxes to laws and so on. This would not be easy, would take a lot of time and money. Then you would have to be able to convince the public to accept it, which there would definitely be a massive section of the population heavily opposed to it, and could easily lead to riots and such.

Basically, the cost of changing the system would be much, much higher than just keeping it going as it is, even if you don't like the royals.
>>
File: le_fat_man_with_hat_meme.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
le_fat_man_with_hat_meme.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>the benefits royal visits to foreign nations have politically
>nationalism
>not realising that nationalist sentiment is a lie made up by rich normans to cuck you while they take the cream.
>supporting giving a family free money because of pseudo religious and divine right nonsense.
>>
>>64911779
>the culture of celebrity

like I said, get the tourist companies to fund the queen, maybe even make a VIP package where you can meet her if you pay a shitload of cash.

It's about time she started getting stuck in and working for her money and I'm sure businesses would jump at the chance to sponsor her. problem solved
>>
>>64911548
>her lands would be seized

Commie please.
>>
>>64911966
Mate she works fucking constantly as an ambassador for Britain, what the fuck are you on about? I'm far from a royalist but even I can see that.
>>
File: guy2.jpg (31 KB, 228x236) Image search: [Google]
guy2.jpg
31 KB, 228x236
>>64911897
>could easily lead to riots and such.

"So, why are you guys rioting?"

"well you see there's this incredibly rich family and they live in luxury, and we all pay them money to afford this lifestyle"

"I see, so you want an end to this?"

"no we're rioting because we want this family to keep taking our money"
>>
File: 693.gif (941 KB, 280x206) Image search: [Google]
693.gif
941 KB, 280x206
>>64912067
>we all pay them money to afford this lifestyle"
>>
>>64912002
> she works fucking constantly as an ambassador for Britain,

that poor poor queen. I'm sure after those tireless days shaking hands in luxury surroundings with a army of servants attending to your every need, she can wipe her tears with some personalised napkins the rest of us call banknotes.
>>
>>64912067

Do you honestly think everyone views them the same way as you do? I wouldn't be rioting but there would be a shit load of people extremely against removing them who would no matter what you think about them.
>>
File: 1384019445926.jpg (36 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
1384019445926.jpg
36 KB, 576x416
>>64912067
Mate, don't underestimate the stupidity of the kind of people who support the EDL and Britain First.

The royals and England especially are one and the same to those fucks
>>
File: Tom-Ellis-in-Lucifer.jpg (78 KB, 786x543) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Ellis-in-Lucifer.jpg
78 KB, 786x543
I think we're usually portrayed in a positive light, Out new role as the Devil in the show Lucifer that all the women want to fuck.
>>
>>64908128
I'm guessing because the popular cultural image we project around the world revolves heavily around London, and to an extent, the Monarchy
>>
>>64912429
I think that has a lot to do with the fact that economically, Britain is so London-centric its unreal
>>
>>64912067
Yes, why don't we just replace them with a "President" as head of state like other European countries and spend the exact same amount of money on somebody who is just as much of an expensive, old, powerless figurehead, but without the political impartiality and ties to our traditions, fellow commonwealth nations, and culture. Why does it fucking matter if a useless figurehead is elected or not?
>>
>>64912319
We're portrayed as being desirable to American women, but only in a "look at the weird gangly awkward British bloke, why does he get all the women and not me, the handsome American"
>>
>>64912521
And yet London is about as British as Jupiter. Seriously though London is the arse end of the world.
>>
>>64913111
I'm rather fond of London, but like FUCK would I live there
>>
File: white british.jpg (211 KB, 1354x721) Image search: [Google]
white british.jpg
211 KB, 1354x721
>>64909401
>modern UK looks like this
fuck off london
>>
>>64913111
Then what's a better city to represent Britain? it deffo isn't Manchester
>>
>>64909401
london isn't british
>>
>>64912624
it doesn't but Americans will never see it this way.
They literally vote for two nearly identical cunts and then worship them like a god-king.
The family is then worshipped for no fucking reason beyond being related to their god-king.
Two terms later they worship some other cunts.
>>
>>64913417
One city can't represent the whole of Britain; we're way too tribal for that.
>>
>>64913417
Nottingham is alright.
>>
>>64913388
>london
I imagine churchill thinking "I wish I hadn't beaten the nazis"
>>
London is a non-British city state full of people not from Britain
A tax haven for international gangsters
>>
>>64913484
you mean shit? then yes britain is shit.
>>
>>64913469
Which is why London IS the city to represent Britain, it contains all the tribes within
>>
>>64913546
But it doesn't represent shite, it literally is full of chinks and arabs which britain is not
>>
People tend to stereotype people from other places based on things they know.
>>
>>64913484
Cheltenham is alright provided you stay the fuck away from Hesters Way
>>
>>64913546
No, London just thinks it does. Loads of different factions but they're all distinctly "London".
>>
>>64913579
It's also filled with Scots, Welsh, Irish, and English you nonce, hence why London is the quintessential modern day representation of Britain
>>
>>64913660
70% of babies born in London in 2015 were non-white
>>
>>64913484
nottingham was ruined when they built the maid marian way straight through the centre of the town
>>
>>64913718
That still doesn't mean anything when the cities population is more diverse than any other in Britain
>>
>>64908128
The 60s British Invasion was the last time anyone really gave much of a shit about Britain, so until Britain finds a way to be interesting again, that's going to be the iconic image.
>>
>>64913111
London is great to visit and waste some time, but I agree; I wouldn't want to live there. Maybe because I'm a country bumpkin.
>>
>>64913546
Do you think people outside of London can identify with it?
>>
Because in the 1960s Britain was culturally relevant in the US, and that was the time when America was trying really hard to be like Britain. You had The Beatles and The Rolling Stones in music, Monty Python on TV, James Bond in the theaters, etc.

Therefore that just happens to be the mental image most Americans have of England.

I'm sure in the UK there's a similar phenomenon where everyone thinks America is New York in the 70s because of Annie Hall or something.
>>
File: Bongland.jpg (464 KB, 1591x1030) Image search: [Google]
Bongland.jpg
464 KB, 1591x1030
>>
>>64914276
>I'm sure in the UK there's a similar phenomenon where everyone thinks America is New York in the 70s because of Annie Hall or something.
No, it's nothing like that. American pop-culture had infiltrated every fabric of our society. The view Brits have of the US is incredibly wide and varied and not exclusive to some "cwaffee" New Yorkers.
>>
Because britain today is either london with its rampant pakis and indians and brown people in general or a backwater shithole where people speak in an impossible to decipher accent
>>
>>64914496
Hello Nigel Farage!
That time machine you ordered will be ready last week.
It's preset to Nazi Germany as you requested.
>>
>>64914276
there is no thing like that in the UK
we see US media from all over the USA and we can differentiate between different states in nearly all cases.
>>
>>64914574
scouser detected
>>
File: kes.jpg (16 KB, 208x300) Image search: [Google]
kes.jpg
16 KB, 208x300
Show this film to an American. See if they understand a single line of it.

I love regional accents, but Received Pronunciation and reducing slang make dialogue easier to understand, both to a national audience and an international audience.
>>
>>64908347
>>64911367
That's a real load there, anon 2. Brits are cast as Americans in American films because casting someone else from the anglosphere, specifically Europe, gives the film international appeal. In reality, Bongs are just as bad at American accents as Americans are at Bong. However, American audiences are stupid and forgiving, or just never think about the actors being a different nationality, which is where this stigma of Brits being good at accents comes from.

Shit man, I saw that Batman v Superman clip that aired on Conan the other night, and Cavil is trying so fucking hard, but still failing.
>>
>>64914748
>Americans in American films because casting someone else from the anglosphere, specifically Europe, gives the film international appeal.

Bollocks! This isn't fucking China, mate. American actors, particularly your big-named A-list Hollywood stars, are more popular over here than our own, with the possible exception of a few of the old timers, but once that generation is gone, there's a huge void in popularity terms.
>>
>>64914651
No, I evidently have too wide a vocabulary to be a Scouser.
>>
>>64914748
Oh Christ, Cavil's American accent sound like an infomercial voice over.
>>
>>64908128
1960 was the last time Britain was relevant,
>>
>>64914995
Cavill's a shit actor though. Like most of the film industry; he gets by on his looks. If he was 10 stone and had a face like a melted welly, he'd be laying bricks or teaching science.
>>
>>64915118
>10 stone

this shit right here is the reason why """great""" britain is a joke nowadays
>>
>>64915606
Sorry, I meant 20 stone.
>>
>>64910141
Labour being fedoras as usual
>>
>>64914666
IS THAT A BIT OF CHICKEN TIKKA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTIQ0ySej4
>>
>>64909105
and our man flynn, and man from uncle, and the avengers, and every oter 60's spy genre movie.

too bad the american remake of Get Carter was fucking terrible.
>>
>>64915877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZzaYz80QDA
>>
>>64911548
>her lands would be seized

The family owns that shit, legally. You can't just take what someone legally owns from them for no good reason.
>>
>>64912158
Do you want her to go work in the fucking mines? Most people her age are retired, she does a lot of work everyday for Britain. But I guess a commie does not understand any work thats not mining coal and making bread.
>>
>>64916467
i think we should shoot the whole tribe of royal leeches in the head
>>
>>64915877
>>64916073
Long live Vic and Bob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttb1gjs8s1g
>>
>>64916402
>The family owns that shit, legally.
Did they acquire it "legally"?
>>
>>64916581
They bring more to the economy in tourism than they waste in taxes
If we could make council estates attractive to tourists (danger holidays?) then we'd be doing more good.
>>
>>64916467
Let's not pretend what she does is "work". It's travelling/meeting and greeting, etc.
>>
lol who cares if american girls like to think we're smart and sophisticated and all wear ties im not gonna argue with them
>>
>>64916630
>They
Kek.
>>
Literally every anti-royal speech is based on 'muh ideology' and no actual benefits than their opinon.

Come to us with a actual argument than 'its not nice i think its mean :((((((('

>muh tax payers money
debunked time and time again to be outweighed by the money they bring in
>>
File: scotlandperth.jpg (32 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
scotlandperth.jpg
32 KB, 700x460
I've found the US TV view that Britain = England = London quite wierd too.

Like pic related is Britain but I'd made a good guess that most Americans would call it Scottish first. Yet if I showed a picture of a red telephone box, or some other London thing from the 60s then they'd say Britain rather than England.

It's kind of like a British person being shown the Empire State Building and saying "that's NYC, not America!" or a cowboy "that's Texas, not America!"
>>
>>64916759
And your argument revolves entirely around le dorism pound meme
>>
>>64910910
Hey, fuck you too you wanker.
>>
>>64916840
But le dorism pound meme is an actual thing. People come here and spend money, some guy sells mugs or union flag bunting and gets money.

What would you gain if the royals went? What are you losing right now from them being around?
>>
>>64916920
Yes, all that tourism moolah would completely vanish if the Royals were booted out.

For the record, I'm entirely ambivalent to them. I really don't care enough to form a solid opinion either way, but don't pretend the argument of the pro-monarchist is any more compelling or objective than those wanting to give them the boot.
>>
>>64916630
>They bring more to the economy in tourism than they waste in taxes
No, their houses do. No tourist has ever met the Royal's for more than 5 seconds if they happen to be at the front row of an event they're opening.

This argument is one of the stupidest you hear in regards to the royals. I mean, France's high levels of tourism has completely disappeared since they beheaded their royals hasn't it?
>>
>>64917053
A good amount would tho, think of the amount of businesses in London that are selling to Yanks that go to see the palace. If they got the boot and it was turned into some office blocks it would fall massively.
>>
>>64916625
Yes you thick cunt. It was given to them legally, ergo its theirs.
>>
>>64917156
What would stop Yanks from seeing the palace if the Royals were removed? You think they'd cover it in a giant tarpaulin.
>>
>>64916810
"British accent" is a weird one.

I don't expect Americans to know "Scouse", "Geordie", etc. even if the accents and dialects are familiar to them, but it's odd that a Scottish accent is a "Scottish accent", yet an English accent (any English accent) is usually a "British accent" first and foremost.

Not that I'd know the difference between various Southern American accents, I'm sure there's a lot of variation beyond the typical hillbilly accent.
>>
>>64917211
>i can't into history
>>
>>64917314
The Queen is always referred to as the Queen of England as well.
>>
>>64917102
France got rid of their royals long long long befire toursim was even a thing mate, so that's a fucking shit comparison
>>
File: 1414365546711.png (137 KB, 811x480) Image search: [Google]
1414365546711.png
137 KB, 811x480
>And why is it we're often show to say nonsense words like "fimbly" I get the whole "Brit slang is weird" thing, but nobody actually talks anything like that.
>>
>>64916759
>>64916840
>>64916920
>>64917053
>>64917256

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2IO5ifWKdw

I'd read the comments on that second video though. The author makes some good points, but gets a few things wrong.
>>
>>64917398
People still go to see the relics of the French monarchy though.
>>
>>64917412
Way to prove his point, only half of those are in common use.
>>
The answer is that most American accents are really easy to do.

Listening to most American actors do an English accent is just painful.
>>
>>64917412
See that's what I mean.

That's hilarious but nothing like anything any British person would ever say.

Like its not even a playful ribbing of our slang, its literally nothing like it. Why do yanks think we speak even remotely like that?
>>
>>64917314
real hillbillies sound like old drunk scots highlanders. not even joking, i went with my buddies family as a kid to the old hillbilly home place up in the hills of kentucky, and it was like going to a fucking scroodge mcduck festival.
>>
>>64910028
I have also lived in England all my life and the vast majority of people I know really like the Queen and William and so on, although most hate Charles and Camilla.
>>
File: image.jpg (377 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377 KB, 842x1191
>>
>>64917547
>The answer is that most American accents are really easy to do.

Are they?

I can do one because of exposure to American films and television (I can do an RP accent in the same way), but I doubt it would sound authentic to an actual American.

However, I couldn't do Brummie or Cockney to save my life.
>>
>>64917547
Listening to most British accents is just painful t.b.h
>>
>>64917102
They wouldn't go see buckingham palace if the royals didn't live there. Or at least pretend to.
We should just scuttle big ben and the london eye too because they eat tax money in maintenance.
>>
>>64917694
The idea that folk wouldn't go to visit a building because people they will never see anyway, are not in it, is frankly absurd.
>>
>>64917694
Don't forget St Pauls and Westminster Abbey. The Globe can go as well.
>>
File: buckingham-palace.jpg (21 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
buckingham-palace.jpg
21 KB, 300x196
>>64917694
>Buckingham Palace is flying the Union Jack instead of the Royal Standard
>immediately leave and go home disappointed
>>
The same way American shows portray Sweden as all blonde white people and France as all mustached white people with baguettes

in reality all of Europe is black/muslim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eQZi4GGMA
>>
>>64917999
you havent even been to europe fuck off.
>>
>>64918067

i live in europe pham
>>
>>64917858
Forgot about The Globe. Might as well tear the whole of Stratford upon Avon down as well.

Shakespeare has been dead for 400 years this year, so there is no chance of him being in any of the buildings still up from his day.
>>
i have this vision in my head of THE ENGLISH as a weird family made up of vinnie jones, hyacinth from keeping up appearances, the uncle from harry potter, david bowie, judy dench, Mr. Belvidere, Mr. Sheffield from the nanny, and micheal caine, and then at teh kids table johnny rotten, and adele, and the people from shaun of the dead.
>>
>>64918107
in marseille? brussels?

otherwise i don't see how you could believe that.
>>
>>64918256
>mostly london people

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?
>>
>>64908128
Because a modern interpretation of London would require fluency in Arabic
>>
>>64918256

That's pretty much the southern third of the country. But I don't blame you for thinking that's representative of England as a whole.
>>
>>64910347
>I'm a Labour voter

Rasheed
>>
>>64918332
because we never see anything but that on american tv, even though that rustled my great grandfathers jimmies to no end, because his folks came from Liverpool, and to him LIVERPOOL STRONK!! SCOUSE IS STRONGEST CITY, I SWER ON ME NAN U CUNT IL BASH U M8.

>>64918396
i wish we had more more exposure to english stuff here, but its mostly just a few shows on PBS or BBC America if we're lucky.
>>
>>64911221
Literally 50p per year goes to the royal family you muslim.
>>
>>64910347
>>64910420
Charles is actually a hilarious guy, whose sarcasm is unmatched
>>
>>64918624
No he is a guy who has been told he's hilarious since birth by brown nosing royalist cunts
>>
File: britbong mong2.png (390 KB, 660x405) Image search: [Google]
britbong mong2.png
390 KB, 660x405
>>64918624
>>
like many people that are my age, I always have this 90's The Real World: London in my head, when now its full of muslims.

i will never experience white 1995 london.
>>
>>64911305
Topkeke
>>
>>64913748
Nottingham has a cat café, it's a fantastic city.
>>
>>64920200
It's a shithole riddled with guns and violence.
>>
File: york.jpg (189 KB, 925x617) Image search: [Google]
york.jpg
189 KB, 925x617
>>64913417
York.
>>
>>64920440
>not under water

Nice shoop, negguh
>>
>>64913417
Gloucester
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.