[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are other cases of unfortunate names in tv/movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: archer.jpg (28 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
28 KB, 378x378
What are other cases of unfortunate names in tv/movies?
>>
It ain't me
>>
Isis is by no means new nor specific to the terrorist group.
>>
>>64733319
No, but try wearing an Isis band shirt out in public
>>
>>64733375
I would. It would be seen as edgy and counterculture, which I'm a big fan of.
>>
File: Secrets of Isis 51hf2mZzb6L.jpg (55 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
Secrets of Isis 51hf2mZzb6L.jpg
55 KB, 356x500
The stupid thing is that western news media and the US government has accepted this Islamic State In Syria name even though:
a) We shouldn't recognize these murderous monsters are a legitimate state
b) They're not even just in Syria so the second S is stupid just like ISIL for Lebanon.
c) Isis has long been a name for women and places for a long time as it was the name for a relatively well known Egyptian goddess.

There was even this TV show back in the day spinning off of Captain Marvel / Shazam comics.

Anyone simply calling these brutes ISIS or ISIL is a fucking idiot.
>>
That wasn't unfortunate, that was an easy way for comedy gold. Imagine instead of Archer Vice a season of Archer where they all had to go to the middle east to do business because ISIS ruined their name.

EASY Archer quote: "Alright fine I'll go to the fucking middle east but I AM NOT WEARING A DRESS"
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2779096/Businesses-Isis-fight-bad-brand-image.html
>>
>>64734401
I'm assuming your baiting based on

>Islamic State In Syria
It's Islamic State in Iraq and Sham

>ISIL for Lebanon
No, it's Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
>>
>>64734497
Ah yes, I am forgetting that.
Of course that just shows that calling it ISIS and ISIL makes even less fucking sense.

Still, my point about even recognizing them as a state in English is a bad idea.

Of course the French and even Britbongs are trying to get people to call them "Daesh". It's a name that, while in Arabic still refers to a state, they also hate it being called as it sounds more like their words for thugs and traitors.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/what-daesh-mean-isis-threatens-6841468
>>
>>64732893
i have that shirt. i get weird looks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.