[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /tv/ so anti-art? Why is this board filled with capeshitters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: bresson.jpg (156 KB, 981x1000) Image search: [Google]
bresson.jpg
156 KB, 981x1000
Why is /tv/ so anti-art?
Why is this board filled with capeshitters and celebrity worshippers?
Why is board filled with faux intellectuals that praise directors like Paul Thomas Anderson and David Fincher?
Why doesn't this board discuss proper cinema?
>>
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
>>
>>64684221
is that CIA in the OP pic??
>>
>Why is /tv/ so anti-art?

It isn't, you're just another idiot who's mistaken art with good.
>>
We used to be a lot more "pretentious" and then everyone started making fun of each other for being pretentious for some reason. I think it might have just been because we became "popular" after the Game of Thrones tv show came out and were just overtaken if that makes sense.
>>
>>64684317
Do quote where I said that.
Ad hominem right off the bat isn't making you look like the smartest poster, I have to say.
>>
>>64684321
Makes sense, I guess. The chink should really make a /film/ board, everyone would be happier.
>>
File: beavis550.jpg (66 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
beavis550.jpg
66 KB, 550x362
>>6468
Howdy, Slop-jockey! Now that you've introduced yourself, Tell us how you became the retarded shitposter OP just described.
Waiting.....
>>
>>64684221
>Why is board filled with faux intellectuals that praise directors like Paul Thomas Anderson and David Fincher?
You forgot Inarritu.
>>
>>64684486
It is too late for such a board now. We've been given a huge injection of actual 'cancer' since the star wars release that would just follow
>>
>Denis Villeneuve is now a respected and beloved filmmaker on this board
just when I thought tv couldn't stoop any lower
>>
lel le irony man
@64684486
no one would be better off
">implying that's film" "why no kino board?" "itt post patrish films"
/film/ is a meme.
>>
>>64684221
if art were funny I'd shove it up my ass
>>
>>64684221
> praising PTA
> anti-art

Oh fuck you almost got me there.

Anyway what classic art films do you like? The Passion of Joan of Arc is one of my favorites.
>>
>>64684221
We we were pro-art then this would be /lit/. On second thought that's not true either.
>>
>>64684752
>Oh fuck you almost got me there.
How so?

>>64684805
What are you even trying to say? Literature isn't the only art form.
>>
Most 4chan boards are elitist enough to develop some underground sensibilities and recommend a catalog of things that most people have never heard of. This is a good thing, because it means it is beneficial to browse here instead of just keeping up with ads and conversations and finding out what everybody is watching. /tv/ is perhaps the worst board at doing this because of the retards who whine about pretentious hipsters and fail to understand that 4chan is all about feeling superior to other people.
>>
I don't know my man. It's pretty depressing though, being the same species as these people.
>>
>if more than 500 people watch a movie it stops being art

this is what hipsters actually believe

drown yourself in your fagochino coffee you fucking faggots
>>
>>64684674
takes one to know one

heehee
>>
>>64684907
PTA is this generations Orson Welles. Teenagers brush him off as "pretentious" because they don't like anything that they have to think about while watching.
>>
>>64684930
this guy gets it
>>
>>64684752
PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level pleb cinema. he not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like tarantino

i am personally fine with it though. because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. they will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros

through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!" really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

you might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. PTA merely 'mimics'. this is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film
>>
>>64684930
I wouldn't say it's about feeling superior, but I do enjoy going to a board and discuss something that isn't capeshit number #1321312 or see all the new memes spammed every day.

>>64685027
Literally no one said. Good job making yourself look retarded.

>>64685070
He's not pretentious at all and he is certainly no Orson Welles. PTA's intentions are good but there's one thing he's missing and it's what all artists should strive for, originality and identity. He just apes better directors and calls it a day, when he should be aiming to do his own thing.
>>
>>64685165
PTA doesn't mimic, he lets his influences show in his work, like every other director you mentioned. If anything he likely one-ups much of them by writing all his own stuff.

Besides, most freshmen discover Scorsese, Kubrick and the Coens before PTA. I was only fifteen in 2007 when the man hit his peak and earned his place among the all time greats.

>>64685187
Just because you don't get PTA doesn't mean he doesn't have an identity.
>>
>>64685342
Sure thing. Are you going to argument or just say I don't get him?
I can't even tell if this is bait or not.
>>
>>64685342
You seriously aren't implying that pretend classic TWBB is good are you?
>>
Honestly, whenever I see a picture of Robert Bresson I remember that there is something worth aspiring to be.
>>
>>64684221
I really like your PTA is inauthentic meme. Not the quality of it, more the persistence of you. Nobody cared in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 etc but every now and then you still feel the need to force it again.

Here's my advice: Nobidy gives a shit. People will still watch PTA, same as Scorsese, Michael Bay or Capeshit. You are not enlightening anyone because nobody cares about how far you can stick your head up your ass.

Maybe you should start making your own movies - be productive instead of cynical.
>>
>>64685727
>Nobody cared in 2012, 2013
thats probably because you were busy in your game of thrones generals and spamming big bang theory comics kiddo
>>
>>64685727
Oh nice, ad hominens and strawmen.
Why bother even posting?
>>
>>64685911
Nice Fallacy Fallacy fggt
>>
>>64685997
Would be, if you had any argument at all that didn't consist of attacking me or misrepresenting mine.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.