[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clone Wars show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: anakin clone wars.jpg (685 KB, 3600x2025) Image search: [Google]
anakin clone wars.jpg
685 KB, 3600x2025
So i've been watching TCW lately, just near the end of season 3.

And it's been pretty good on the whole, but does anybody else find it strange how likable Anakin comes across in it? Yes he can be a bit reckless, but I don't really see the cold blooded child murderer side to him at all so far.

Does he get darker as this stuff goes on? Or is it just a flip of a switch and he goes full psycho?
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>64663035
Are you paying any attention? There are so many shades of Vader. He force chokes out some dude and interrogates him and outright kills people.
>>
It's just the result of better writing than Attack of the Clones.

Anakin is a skilled pilot, a cunning warrior and a good friend.
>>
He gets even darker as the show goes on.

Like this anon said though >>64663167 , episode II makes Anakin way too dark, way too early in his life. It sets up too many expectations for clone wars Anakin.
>>
>>64663035
Lucas not being in charge / having people look over his stuff.
>>
>>64663057
I dunno, it's one of those wierd overlaps.
>>
>>64663100
thistbhfam
>>
>>64663035
the books also provide better explanations. he kills the kids because the dark side speaks to him and says they are better off dead, they are already orphans and have no future.
He turns on the jedi because he saw that the jedi would not understand him turning on mace windu and would most likely try to kill him and ultimately end up taking his kids away as they would be insanely force sensitive.
At the end of it all he loses his shit because he thinks everyone betrayed him both his wife and and his former mentor wanted to kill him without listening to his side of the story.

Essentially Anakin was a ticking time bomb who was going to fuck some people up due to his relationship with Padme conflicting with the jedi order. The whole War and Palpatine manipulating events just compacted and made shit a whole lot worse.
>>
>>64664119
>the books also provide better explanations. he kills the kids because the dark side speaks to him and says they are better off dead, they are already orphans and have no future.

That's some pretty crazy reasoning. Did he go around killing homeless people too?
>>
I just finished s5

There are very very dark shades of Vader towards the end. He is controlled by his emotions.
>>
>>64663035
It's how Anakin was supposed to be. You see how good of a person and jedi he is, only for him to inevitably fall to the dark side. It's like poetry.
>>
>>64664870
Yeah but this is a guy who already committed genocide
>>
>>64663035
TCW Anakin is the best thing to come out of the series, he's how Anakin should have been in the movies. Charismatic, brave, strong, reckless, and a good friend but with an anger streak and a few misgivings about the Jedi Order which get manipulated by Sheev
>>
>>64663035
I can't connect him to Hayden's portrayal. It's not just the performance, he looks properly chiseled and buff like you would imagine before the prequels happened.
>>
File: 1447673036539.png (2 MB, 800x4912) Image search: [Google]
1447673036539.png
2 MB, 800x4912
anyone knows if they've updated this yet?
>>
>>64665187
Yeah, on a dirty tribe of tusken raiders that took his mother as a rape slave and would take many others if left alive. Literal filth.
>>
>>64665773
Updated with what
>>
>>64665187
>genocide
>killing a few rapist murderers
>>
>>64666035
>implying that excuses killing innocent women and children in cold blood
>>
>>64663035
>Does he get darker as this stuff goes on?
There are plenty of good character moments where he crosses the line peppered through the series.

Like when Obi Wan and his mandalorian waifu are in a standoff with some guy. The only way out of the situation is for one of the two to kill him, but they both have batman complexes, so to win one of them is required to wipe their ass with their ideals.

Then anakin shows up out of nowhere and just stabs the guy in the chest with a light saber and shrugs it off when both of them look at him.
>>
>>64666051
season 6
>>
>>64663035

Lux Bonteri trying to cuck him was one thing that made him edgier.
>>
>>64666296
>>64663035

I mean not Lux, Clovis.
>>
>>64666218
>Like when Obi Wan and his mandalorian waifu are in a standoff with some guy. The only way out of the situation is for one of the two to kill him, but they both have batman complexes, so to win one of them is required to wipe their ass with their ideals.

Obi-Wan killed loads of people. What made this one special?
>>
>>64666104
>leaving the women and children to slowly starve rather than putting them out of their misery

Anyway, the argument isn't about whether Anakin has ever done anything bad. He's still a good man who has his slips with the dark side before his full turn.
>>
>>64663771
No, it isn't. It's a cartoon.

-> /co/
>>
>>64666336

top tier scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6F-Yf0dzo
>>
>>64666453

K...keep me posted.
>>
>>64666398
Because it was a thing between him and the Dutchess. She was a pacifist, and called him out for being a Jedi that kills people. It's a point of tension between them. He can't just murder the guy in front of her, and he can't let her die. So it's a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't scenario. They spend 3 episodes building up to it.
>>
>>64664119
that's the problem. george cuckas should have made these things evident in the film. instead some random lucasarts employee had to come up with it while writing a screen to page adaptation to make it look less retarded
>>
>>64666294
Season 6 premiered on Netflix and is a only like 13 episodes including "lost missions". Basically the show was canceled when Disney bought Lucasfilm so season 6 wasn't complete. There are some good episodes in it though
>>
File: decloak.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
decloak.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>
I like some of the small bits in it

>Clone troopers mind controlled by weird worm things
>As they talk to each other one says they know how to kill Jedi

I like how it was just subtly in the back of their minds, the knowledge to effectively beat jedi
>>
>>64663581
>episode 2
>too dark
>only 'dark' thing he did was murder a tribe of subhumans
>implying it wasn't 110% justified
yeah you would watch babbys first star wars cartoon
>>
>>64664119
>be a slave till you're 9
>be separated from your mother and indoctrinated by emotionless, celibate monks
>jedi treat you like shit because you're different (joined too long) and masters don't trust you (as seen in episode 1 where they judge him like a piece of meat)
>be told to suppress all your emotions
>be groomed by the greatest manipulator in the galaxy, and he's your only non-jedi friend and the only one that's not stupidly hard on you all the time for your humanly mistakes
>be given a god complex because you're told you're literally the chosen one and soon to be most powerful person of all time
>have nightmares about your mother suffering and dying, but be told by jedi to ignore it
>finally get the chance to see your mom
>she was tortured to death (and possibly raped) and dies in your arms
>have to fight on the front lines of a galactic war for 3 years
>have premonitions about your wife dying the same way the ones about your mom came true
>freak out
>jedi still don't trust you, ask you to spy on your best non-jedi friend
>put you on council but don't promote you to master, even though you're top 5 strongest jedi in the galaxy, making you seem like a joke
>still turn in sith lord who promised to save your wife because of your loyalty to the jedi
>jedi don't trust you again and don't take you to arrest the most powerful villain in the galaxy
>go to help anyway and see jedi, who was a dick to you your whole life, about to break his own rules and murder a prisoner, fucking hypocrites
>see last chance to save your beloved wife, freak out in a split second decision and cut douchebag jedi's hand off
>now feel like you've fucked up so hard you have no choice but join the dark side, hey at least you can save your wife
>>
>>64667026

Obi-wan confirmed Romulan
>>
>>64664119
Did sheev want him and Padme together to begin with, or did that just happen?
>>
File: 5516072345_2eb7889dd1_o.jpg (971 KB, 3600x2025) Image search: [Google]
5516072345_2eb7889dd1_o.jpg
971 KB, 3600x2025
>its a Tarkin and Anakin share a love of facism episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl3Q1wkP06o
>>
Keep watching, seasons 4, 5, and 6 really beat him down.

You get small hints of it in the early seasons like his impaling of that asshole on the Mandalorian ship, but it's the later seasons that not only tempt him but almost justify him in being tempted. What the Jedi do to Ahsoka is practically unforgiveable.
>>
>>64666294

It would just all be highlighted. Season 6 is all good. Even the Jar Jar two-parter; the worst it would be is an honorable mention.
>>
File: 1394302988029.png (83 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1394302988029.png
83 KB, 342x245
>>64669767
>Jar Jar two-parter;
>>
>>64668258
>Those two notes of the Imperial March when Anakin and Tarkin shake hands
Made me smile
>>
>>64665773

Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt deserve to be honorable mentions.

So does The Hidden Enemy and Corruption/The Academy.
>>
>>64663035
i'm on the first season, watching an episode a night or every other night. like everything else, some of it is enjoyable, some of it not in the least. i actually enjoyed Jar Jar more here. lots of fodder and fill-in stuff, good for kids, i guess. but, yeah, the fact that Anakin eventually becomes a murderer is kind of jarring for a show primarily aimed at kids.
>>
>>64668258

Tarkin was such a great villain. Dude was cold, ruthless & even had Vader follow him through respect.

Fucking Hux was the worst part of TFA...makes me mad that he could have been a cool non-force using villian, but instead we got a shit acting ginger
>>
File: the_disappeared_pt_1_.jpg (18 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
the_disappeared_pt_1_.jpg
18 KB, 620x349
>>64669851

He's paired up with Mace Windu for the arc, the first episode echoes Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the second episode echoes Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's actually really cool.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.