[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched this and didn't really understand. Am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I just watched this and didn't really understand. Am I just a turbopleb or do I need to see it again?
>>
>>64551417
its a pretty straighforward plot
>>
>>64551728
It's not though.
>>
>>64551417
>>64552066
What exactly did you not understand?
>>
>>64551417
Did you like it?
>>
>>64552103
>claiming Lynch is able to make straightforward plot

why do you feel the need to go online and act like a cunt?
>>
>>64552939
Blue Velvet is pretty goddamn straight-forward for a Lynch film.

The plot is summed up right at the start of the movie with the cockroaches being underneath the grass of an idyllic lawn.
>>
>>64552939
Blue Velvet is the most straightforward Lynch film that isn't called "The Straight Story"

if you didn't understand it you're literally too pleb to be alive and don't have a functioning frontal lobe
>>
>>64553003
it's not straightforward dude. How would you explain Dennis hopper screaming "mommy" and "baby wants to fuck" into a pussy, as straightforward? Btw i'm not OP, i'm just genuinly interested in how you could possibly call this movie straightforward.
>>
>>64553160
He's clearly a character with mommy-issues.

I'm confused why you think it's so esoteric. Aside from Elephant Man, it's insanely-simple to follow.
>>
>>64553218
It's so long since i've seen it I can't even recall the plot, but I remember small details. Though he probably has mommy-issues that doesn't necessarily explain why he's yelling mommy into a pussy and make people recognize it. Yes i see the symbolism, and yes one can presume. But you're trying to put forward that it's straightforward. It's not, unless you've seen it at least one time before or have put thought into it before watching it. This is the whole problem that's ruining /tv/, really. You guys aren't even interested in putting things into perspective, you're just trying to oneup each other.

>>64553218
> most straightforward Lynch film
I'm confident that by simply quoting that, you fully understand my point here.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.