[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>whomever you're waiting for on Jakku; they're never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 22
File: annoyingorange.png (268 KB, 593x587) Image search: [Google]
annoyingorange.png
268 KB, 593x587
>whomever you're waiting for on Jakku; they're never coming back

How do you know that? Hey! I asked you a question, how do you know that? Did you read the script too? What's that on the ground, is that the script?
>>
Oh, I guess the force told her so that she would eventually fight Kylo Ren and become Darth Vader
>>
>>64522543
That's a story for another time.
>>
>>64522543
It's almost like he's trying to be Plinkett
>>
>>64522543
>>64522574
why watch flicks if you get so triggered by them?
>>
>>64522543
Orange lady can read your thoughts by looking at your eyes. She's not predicting the future, she's reading Rey's true feelings.
>>
>>64522543
This whole section of the film was strange tbqh senpai
>>
>>64522670
To feel superior without having worked for it.
>>
RLM BTFO
>>
>>64522670
I was just playing along, I have very few problems with the film and watched it twice because I wanted to put more money in the jew's pockets obviously.
>>
What's her name again? I kinda liked her character, she reminded me of one of my High School art teachers, personality wise. She was chill and gave me a lot of advice...
>>
this character is terrible and the scene is horrendous.

would have been better if they just used the hot black chick instead cgi
>>
why was Rey scratching lines in her wall? When did she start and why? She doesn't even remember her family, why is she waiting for them.
>>
>>64523340
Maz Kanata
>>
>>64523340
fez kortana
>>
File: adam-driver.jpg (56 KB, 325x463) Image search: [Google]
adam-driver.jpg
56 KB, 325x463
OH MY GAHD WHAT'S WRAWNG WITH YAWR FAAAACE???
>>
>>64523340

Farts Toolouda
>>
>>64523398
Bitch doesn't even know how to tally numbers. How's she gonna know how many lines there are? Count them individually?
>>
Guinan of Star Wars?
>>
>>64522543
Finn knows about the superweapon, but tells nobody until it's already fired. He's responsible for the death of billions. Finn of murder.
>>
>>64523340
Magic Negro.
>>
>>64523390
toys, dude
>>
She sees her mother's eyes, knows she's dead and her father, Luke, is not coming to jerkku
>>
>>64522670
I don't enjoy flicks. I enjoy movies
>>
I truly hope there is a Plinkett review once Mike gets his hands on the Blu-Ray. I know he liked it but he also liked Star Trek '09, so I'm still holding out hope for King of the Nitpickers.
>>
>>64523496
I had no idea he was Lena's boyfriend in Girls. He looks 10 years younger without that moustache.
>>
>>64523765

Not many of Plinkett's prequel complaints are nitpicks.
>>
>>64526183
Plenty of them apply just as well to awakens. There was infinitely more poetry shoehorned in than with the prequels. It was just less boring and artificial so people forgive it.
>>
>>64526316
like what
>>
>>64526316

Which ones apply? The big issues brought to the prequels was a messy script, needlessly convoluted story, poor performances due to cgi and flat characters
>>
>>64522543
Sad RLM's reviews are now null and void since they shilled hard for Force Awakens.
>>
>>64523340
Fez Whatley
>>
>>64526382
>>64526500
Poetry. Stupid convenient plot that doesn't explain all the shit it needs to make sense (why the fuck is there a resistance against the first order if the republic is back, etc). Everyone turns into captain exposition and tell not shows. (One) boring character verging on mary sue (though if she's being set up to turn to the dark side it'll be kinda forgivable).
>>
>>64522670
Dude I loved this movie, that doesn't make the stupid shit any less stupid. Making fun of Star Wars is part of loving Star Wars
>>
>>64523340
Fast Mandingo
>>
Because she can read your fucking mind you retard, did you watch the movie?
>>
>>64522543
She knows that Luke is her father and he's not going back for her
>>
>>64526730
that has nothing to do with lucas' prequel poetry
>>
>>64526500
While we are on the topic of Maz

Why didn't she not give a fuck if Finn was going to leave?
Why didn't Sheev or the Empire attempt to stop her? She's pretty knowledgable of the Force and has no troubles training Jedi....she offers to train Rey...wouldn't she be a threat to a Sith emperor...like another green friend of ours?
Speaking of which, if she is over 1000 years old and knows the Force and has her own castle, surely she must have come into contact with Yoda or the Jedi. Why didn't Yoda tell Luke about her?

Why is she harboring First Order fugitives in her castle?

How did Poe escape from Jakku just in time to save Maz and friends?

How did BB8 get up the stairs?

Why was the lightsabre out in the open?

Why did she even have the lightsabre?

How did she know Rey's parents were never coming back, despite just meeting Rey for the first time

Where did all her customers park their space ships? Seriously, there was like no space and Han parked his in the woods somewhere. Watch the scene again
>>
>>64527026
The fuck are you talking about? The only thing they didn't do was make her find luke in a swamp.
>>
File: laughing leia.jpg (27 KB, 318x469) Image search: [Google]
laughing leia.jpg
27 KB, 318x469
>>64527030
>posts from phone
>expects to be taken seriously
>>
>>64526730
Republic is the government but they're so wrapped up in politics and beurocracy that they won't do anything to fight the First Order on the outer rim. The Resistance is a paramilitary group to fight the FO with secret backing from the Republic.

Think
Republic = USA
Resistance = Free Syrian Army
First Order = ISIS

roughly
>>
>>64527081
the poetry lucas describes in the behind the scenes where he's talking about stuff like anakin getting his arm chopped off and all the imagery like palpatines thrown room that they put in ROTS, you know where the whole meme comes from
>>
>>64527139
And you somehow didn't notice any of that in awakens?
>>
>>64527198
things from the old movies being in the new movie =/= hamfisted theme shit
>>
>>64527198
no that's why I was asking
>>
>>64527232
>WEVE GOT TO GET TO DAT QUAD JUMPA
>WE NEED A PILOT...
>WEVE GOT ONE...ME!
>ship blows up
>THERE, INTO THE MILLENNIUM FALCON!

If Lucas had done this, you would call it horrible. Since its new and in TFA, you say it's okay

Take off your hype goggles and realize that it's just a bad movie
>>
>>64522543
I think she was telling that to the Kanjiklub
>>
>>64527232
How the fuck can you think a similar throne room is less 'hamfisted theme shit' than Luke 2.0 fighting Vader 2.0 (who talks about feeling the pull of the *light* side) aboard the Death Star 3.0?
>>
>>64527314
That got a laugh out of everyone, including me.

Here's how George would have done it:

>the Millenium Falcon is actually a mass-produced ship that is only found in Jakku and Rey runs into a junkyard filled with hundreds of millenium falcons
>accidentally turns them all on and some of them crash into the marketplace
>Unkar Plutt runs out and trips on some poop
>cut to them already in space
>>
>>64522543
>annoyingorange.png

Exposition: The Character
>>
File: jjisafuckinghack.jpg (68 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
jjisafuckinghack.jpg
68 KB, 320x306
where have I seen a short bespectacled engineer alien comic relief in sci-fi before

oh wait
>>
File: 1451957002266.png (333 KB, 640x268) Image search: [Google]
1451957002266.png
333 KB, 640x268
>>64522543

EVERYONE WANTS ALL THE ANSWERS IN ONE MOVIE WHEN YOU KNOW STAR WARS IS ALWAYS A TRILOGY

STOP IT
>>
>>64527030

>Why didn't she not give a fuck if Finn was going to leave?

Why should she? Like at all?

>Why didn't Sheev or the Empire attempt to stop her? She's pretty knowledgable of the Force and has no troubles training Jedi....she offers to train Rey...wouldn't she be a threat to a Sith emperor...like another green friend of ours?

Why do you thunk she trains jedi? What makes you think that at all. She's a pirate.

>Speaking of which, if she is over 1000 years old and knows the Force and has her own castle, surely she must have come into contact with Yoda or the Jedi. Why didn't Yoda tell Luke about her?

Literally why would he? Its stated by JJ that they in fact have met at least once in the past but why would that matter. Yoda not cluing Luke in on Chewie and R2D2 is much weirder than not mentioning a random wise pirate.

>Why is she harboring First Order fugitives in her castle?

Why not? She runs what appears to be an illegal sort of base of operations.

>How did Poe escape from Jakku just in time to save Maz and friends?

He contacted the resistance when he woke up hours later, presumably during the time Finn and Rey were dealing with TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB

>How did BB8 get up the stairs?

How does R2D2 get up the stairs? Why does it literally matter?

>Why was the lightsabre out in the open?
It wasn't in fact it was locked away fairly deep within the compound and Rey only found it because it called out to her.

>Why did she even have the lightsabre?

She came across it over time? What kind of complaint is this its been decades

cont.
>>
>>64527410
I just gave you a really "hamfisted" scene....and you call it funny as if that doesn't make it any less lazily written and cheesy

All right

Here's how JJ does it

>Falcon randomly shows up
>Han Solo randomly shows up
Remember, he had been tracking the Falcon for a very long time

thankfully, Han Solo was already above the planet and just the write time (yay for
Lazy writing!!)

>Han Solo hates the guy who owns it

Why didn't Han Solo visit the guy earlier then...?

Okay...we can ignore that

>Han Solo tells the kids who he is
>The Smuggler? The general?

How would a homeless person named Rey have heard of Solo?

Finn apparently knows him as the General....but then again, Finn also doesn't know about Luke apparently or The Force?
>"it's Le real...all of it"

What are they teaching at Stormtrooper academy?
>>
>>64527030

Cont.

>How did she know Rey's parents were never coming back, despite just meeting Rey for the first time

I dont know, what are the chances of people adandoning their children and coming back decades later? She was also reading Rey's emotions, and Rey herself believed deep down they would never come back.

>Where did all her customers park their space ships? Seriously, there was like no space and Han parked his in the woods somewhere. Watch the scene again

Its a fucking planet. Do you think the small piece of land we saw is the only piece of land available on the planet. Further more does it even fucking matter
>>
>>64527465
maz is not comic relief though but the movie is still utter garbage
>>
File: 1405383185983.gif (442 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1405383185983.gif
442 KB, 500x375
>>64527578
>How would a homeless person named Rey have heard of Solo?

legendary across space

>but then again, Finn also doesn't know about Luke apparently or The Force?

because he is a famous enemy general, and they focus on the military shit and not the force stuff

>Falcon randomly shows up
movie

>Han Solo randomly shows up
movie

>Why didn't Han Solo visit the guy earlier then...?
movie, also you have autism
>>
File: homer.jpg (18 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
18 KB, 639x475
>you could actually make an fair plinket review for episode 7 by just using old sound bites from all his other reviews and yet they still recommended it.

well I guess star war mania struck them once again. I wonder how long it´s going to take this time before people realize once again that they have been tricked by their nostalgia
>>
File: 1447643324538.png (174 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1447643324538.png
174 KB, 499x499
I guess it was the will of the force
>>
>>64527662
>movie
Oh so all you have to do to excuse the prequels' plot is point out they're a movie. I get it.
>>
File: 1405336609162.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1405336609162.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
>>64527752
btfo kid
>>
>>64522543
She's wise. Go back to repeatedly washing your hands
>>
>>64522543
>that's a story for another time :^)
>>
>>64527787
>prequels
>introduce some stupid fucking plot element that makes things happen (see: Anakin being accepted into the Jedi order because of a LOLPROPHECY and a high midiclorian count to prove that??)

>TFA
>they just show up

TFA > Prequels
>>
>>64527752
It was a legitimately better, fun movie. Retards just interpret that to mean it doesn't have similar flaws for some reason.
>>
I'm no longer suprised by /tv/'s difficulty understanding extremely simple and straight forward movies. I will also laugh to myself when I see someone on /tv/ arguing about spoonfeeding sauce to people
>>
>>64527534
1. Because she is wise. More than wise, to the point of having deep powers of perception. Finn is a good fighter with a lightsabre. Maz couldn't perceive that? Lol. So she's just going to let an ex-stormtrooper walk away?

2. She's offers to train Rey. Rey refuses, doesn't take the lightsabre, and leaves.

3. >Why would Yoda give Luke extra help?
Because Luke is attempting to stop a Sith empire that first hand destroyed the entire Jedi order.

4. she says she hates the First Order.

5. >He contacted the resistance when he woke up hours later, presumably during the time Finn and Rey were dealing with TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB
Fan theory. The movie doesn't tell us this.
Even so, why would Poe leave Jakku without BB8?
How did Poe come into contact with the First Order, if he was presumably MIA?

6. >Why does it literally matter?
You're running out of excuses.

7. >She was also reading Rey's emotion
But she couldn't read Finn's emotion enough to tell him to stay and fight, huh? Lol.

8. >Further more does it even fucking matter
Yeah. It's called bad writing

>>64527662

>legendary across space
when did they tell us this in the movie? It seems in the movie he is reduced to being a meager smuggler who no one seems to like

>they focus on the military shit and not the force stuff
When did Finn say this? Is Luke not important to the military anymore lol?
If he's heard about Han,he has surely heard about Luke....no? Okay then.

Why would the First Order even teach brainwashed soldiers about an uprising that happened 30 years ago?

>movie
????
>>
>>64527841
Not him, but you're saying that having actual reasons is worse than pure happenstance? I mean there's also Qui Gonn wanting to train Anakin and then Qui Gonn dying which puts pressure on Obi Wan who feels obligated to honor his master's wishes.
>>
>>64527876
>when did they tell us this in the movie? It seems in the movie he is reduced to being a meager smuggler who no one seems to like

because a hobo and an enemy soldier both knew his name, you fucking idiot

>If he's heard about Han,he has surely heard about Luke....no? Okay then.
>I thought Luke was a myth- quote from Rey

Han is dated as a factual person in universe, Luke and the Jedi are seen as myth. explained in one sentence

>Why would the First Order even teach brainwashed soldiers about an uprising that happened 30 years ago?

because they show them who the bad guys are (the Republic)
>>
>>64527841
those things aren't even related. one is universe building and the other is just 'the script needed this major plot point ok shut up'
>>
>>64527925
>Qui Gonn wanting to train Anakin and dying

a character whose only point in the entire film was to explain how vader became a jedi

>>64527929
one is universe building in the same way "building" that the clones were all boba fett because BOBA FETT IS HELLA FUCKING EPIC

its lazy, shitty and awful
>>
>>64527984
ok. that still doesn't make it related to the thing you were trying to justify.
>>
>>64528009
warping the entire star wars universe to move the plot is more offensive than simply moving the plot
>>
>>64522543
>Turns out... little monkey fella.
>>
>>64527984
Are you Kant here? Does every single character have to be an ends and can't be treated merely as a means?

Actually explain to me why Qui Gonn is bad.

>>64528036
warping the realm of what is remotely plausible is worse.
>in a vast galaxy Han might just be floating around conveniently near a backwater planet instead of delivering his deadly shipment.
Okay bud.
>>
>>64528070
>head like a fookin orange
>>
>>64527928
>because a hobo and an enemy soldier both knew his name, you fucking idiot
How would a girl who has been homeless on a desolate planet, where everyone spends all their time selling scrap, find the time to study history?

You aren't answering to me how they knew about Han Solo, but didn't know about Luke.
>Luke and the Jedi are seen as myth.
Can he really be a myth at this point? That's just taking ideas from the Old Testmanent

Even people have trouble believing Jedi were a myth during a New Hope lol. Literally there were thousands of them not long ago. How are they a myth?

>because they show them who the bad guys are (the Republic)
Why not just not teach them at all? Just teach them to be killing machines like brainwashed soldiers? Why give them any ideas?
>>
>>64527984
>a character whose only point in the entire film was to explain how vader became a jedi
Qui-Gon's point was that he was the main character.
>>
>>64528102
Original trilogy..not Old Testament. Autocorrect

This movie is ripe for Plinkett Reviews
>>
>>64528036
it isn't 'to move the plot'. they didn't need to add all the shit about anakin being too old, they just decided to. it is pure worldbuilding.

the millennium falcon being randomly stuck somewhere but somehow being functional despite never being used her whole life does need justification but instead they just decide 'it's ok fanboys don't care about believable narrative'.
>>
>>64528070
>Karl... have you seen that new star wars movie
>there's this thing in it... looks just like ya
Might be over 10 years later but Steve could finally get his revenge.
>>
File: 1442598772560.png (29 KB, 103x119) Image search: [Google]
1442598772560.png
29 KB, 103x119
>>64528070
>>64528094
>>
>>64528086
>>64528119
he exists to deliver anakin to the temple, then die so obi-wan trains him

he has little to no character, has no growth or arc, he literally transports anakin to the temple and then dies

everything in the prequel universe is built around darth vader
>>
>>64527876
>1. Because she is wise. More than wise, to the point of having deep powers of perception. Finn is a good fighter with a lightsabre. Maz couldn't perceive that? Lol. So she's just going to let an ex-stormtrooper walk away?

> but finn isn't a good fighter with the lightsaber. Since he gets beaten by both TRAITOR and Kylo Ren much later. He sucks

>2. She's offers to train Rey. Rey refuses, doesn't take the lightsabre, and leaves.

Train Rey how exactly? She refuses the lightsabre but she doesn't at all offer to train her to fight with it.

>3. >Why would Yoda give Luke extra help?
>Because Luke is attempting to stop a Sith empire that first hand destroyed the entire Jedi order.

So seeking out Maz would accomplish what since Luke already is with yoda, what exactly would Maz tell him that obi Wan and Yoda already haven't?

>4. she says she hates the First Order.

Oh you meant the people who alerted the first order to their location. You can assume she probably didn't know she had members of either the first order or the resistance with her.

(Cont)
>>
>>64528162
darth vader is just a plot device to kill all the jedi and later palpy, desu
>>
>take this girl from work out to the movies to see TFA
>afterwards comments on how Kylo was a little punk bitch, then asks how Rey suddenly knows how to use the force without any training, claims that's bullshit

I think I found the one lads
>>
>>64528162
adding to this, lucas makes vader and boba fett two of the biggest influences in galactic history simply because they are popular

the WORST fanservice of all

>>64528202
you know thats bullshit and that he's an actual character who changes over the course of the 3 movies (ESPECIALLY through ANH --> ESB)
>>
>>64528205
>muh powerlevels

>dating pleb girls
>>
>>64528162
You didn't answer me. Do characters have to be more than means?

He has character. He is a jedi with a streak of independence/grayer morality: he is willing to cheat watto using the force TWICE!, and he is willing to train Anakin in defiance of the jedi.

Furthermore, we see that he isn't that competent. In the initial scene he doesn't detect the threat.

How are those not character traits?

Tell me why it's bad to have a multi-movie arc focused on one character? Are you actively protesting Iron Man movies? Or Batman Movies? Dirty Harry? Etc.
>>
File: 1441757704580.jpg (15 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1441757704580.jpg
15 KB, 323x323
>>64528257
>implying she's wrong
>>
Anybody got the image with the EP IV "script" being changed to the EP VII ?

With the names being crossed out for the names of the EP VII characters... you know which one im talking about.
>>
>>64522543
She asked Han about her before this scene. As Rey walks off to talk Finn you hear Maz say now tell me about this girl to Han.
Mystery solved, Maybe you should pay attention rather than playing on your phone.
>>
>>64528257
>muh magic plot armor
>>
>>64528327
>>64528300
>why didnt rey train in the hyperbolic time chamber like anakin?

maybe you can watch DBZ with her
>>
File: 1449921377099.jpg (89 KB, 433x404) Image search: [Google]
1449921377099.jpg
89 KB, 433x404
>>64528360
>taking pot shots at DBZ now
>>
>>64528162
>>64528139
You forget that Rey apparently also knows how to fly and operate and even preform maintenance on this very unique and old ship

She even tells Finn where the gunner's seat is

>>64528186
>> but finn isn't a good fighter with the lightsaber. Since he gets beaten by both TRAITOR and Kylo Ren much later. He sucks
You're lying to yourself. He holds his own against a Sith. Most people just die in 5 seconds.

>Train Rey how exactly?
No one knows, since Rey refused. She tells Rey to take it and stay with her. Rey leaves though.

>So seeking out Maz would accomplish what since Luke already is with yoda, what exactly would Maz tell him that obi Wan and Yoda already haven't?
In the real world, if you want to get wise, it's important to listen to other wise people. Give Luke some new insight?

Why did Obi- Wan tell Luke to find Yoda lol? What could Yoda teach Luke that Obi hasn't? Exactly....

>Oh you meant the people who alerted the first order to their location. You can assume she probably didn't know she had members of either the first order or the resistance with her.
No. She literally says "Damn, it's the first order!" Or something when they show up
>>
>>64528278
>Are you actively protesting Iron Man movies? Or Batman Movies? Dirty Harry? Etc.

>Iron Man
mostly bad movies

>Batman
mostly bad movies

>Dirty Harry
mostly bad movies

are you trying to prove your point right?
>>
>>64528360
i know she should have just depended on the heart of the cards to win no matter what
>>
>>64527532
the other movies were a lot more self-contained than this. sure there were overarching plot points, but never bits that would seem like plot holes if you didnt watch the later movies
>>
>>64528404
thats what the force is
>>
>>64527876

(Cont)

>5. >Fan theory. The movie doesn't tell us this.
>Even so, why would Poe leave Jakku without BB8?
> How did Poe come into contact with the First Order, if he was presumably MIA?

Except he literally tells Finn just that after they meet again. Why would Poe stick around on the Planet when he could contact the resistance and have actual help searching for BB8, and was probably told about the droid after meeting vack up.

Mind you you're literally asking a movie to flat out tell us things we should be able to draw from the movie by what happens on screen, which we certainly can, you're literally nitpicking inconsequential things.

>6. >Why does it literally matter?
>You're running out of excuses.
You didn't answer the question, youre throwing up all these issues as if those things are either immediately obvious or completely pointless or both.

>7. >She was also reading Rey's emotion
>But she couldn't read Finn's emotion enough to tell him to stay and fight, huh? Lol.

Why would she care at all about Finn, they have an unpleasant interaction and he isn't forcs sensitive like Rey, and she knows he's lying about his identity.
>>
>>64528389
>You forget that Rey apparently also knows how to fly and operate and even preform maintenance on this very unique and old ship
That isn't an explanation of why this specific ship was sitting around functional and easily stolen but was apparently never fucking used.
>>
>>64523340
Spaz Ebola
>>
File: 1389609882471.gif (494 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1389609882471.gif
494 KB, 500x259
>>64528389
>very unique ship
>running gag of everyone calling it garbage, meaning they know the kind of ship and that its trash
>>
>Kanjiklub is the key to all this
>because it's a funnier name than we've ever had before
>>
>>64528438
You should not have gone through the effort.

Anon is obviously the kind of pleb fan that needs to be told instead of shown.

There was someone a few days ago who said "The movie did not tell me explicitly what Jedi were. I've never seen any installment of a series that markets itself as Episode 7 of a franchise, but every movie should be standalone!"
>>
>>64528546
>Anon is obviously the kind of pleb fan that needs to be told

obviously not, considering there are plebs ITT that would've preferred Finn opening a book to a gold-leafed sketch of Han Solo to emphasize that HE IS IMPORTANT IN THE WORLD
>>
>>64528421
Oh, that explains why immediately after someone said 'force' she magically wins. It all makes sense!
>>
>>64528394
>the patrician
Character driven movie arcs aren't prima facie bad unless you explain why. Yes, I didn't proffer better examples as bait because apparently you're better than those movies but not above wasting your time on star wars. And I noticed that there weren't responses on the Qui Gonn from you or whomever the original was.
>>
>>64528389

>>> but finn isn't a good fighter with the lightsaber. Since he gets beaten by both TRAITOR and Kylo Ren much later. He sucks
>You're lying to yourself. He holds his own against a Sith. Most people just die in 5 seconds.

You mean he managed to not die immediately fighting another JEDI IN TRAINING as in not a sith, who was horriblely injured earlier.

And he still gets his shit rocked and is in a coma by the end.

>>Train Rey how exactly?
>No one knows, since Rey refused. She tells Rey to take it and stay with her. Rey leaves though.

So you're basing your complaint on baseless speculation?

>>So seeking out Maz would accomplish what since Luke already is with yoda, what exactly would Maz tell him that obi Wan and Yoda already haven't?
>In the real world, if you want to get wise, it's important to listen to other wise people. Give Luke some new insight?
>Why did Obi- Wan tell Luke to find Yoda lol? What could Yoda teach Luke that Obi hasn't? Exactly....

Well Obi was trained by Yoda, so by common sense and logic Yoda could teach things to Luke that Obi Wan was taught by the mentor himself.

Why Maz again? There are probably others who are wise and old and.know about the first, none of them are jedi, and would be teaching Luke nothing new that he wouldn't learn from his JEDI MASTER

>>Oh you meant the people who alerted the first order to their location. You can assume she probably didn't know she had members of either the first order or the resistance with her.
>No. She literally says "Damn, it's the first order!" Or something when they show up

Exactly, she probably didn't lnow she had first order people in her castle. Which is why she is surprised when they show up
>>
File: 1450663054447.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1450663054447.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
>>64528536
>thick Scottish accent
>tell dat tuuu GANJA KLUB!

>these nips ain't token
>>
>>64528438
>Except he literally tells Finn just that after they meet again.
Go re-watch the script. He literally doesn't explain how he got off,just that he woke up and saw that he had crashed.

This is one of the biggest plot holes of the movie...how did Poe get off of Jakku?

>when he could contact the resistance
How?

>was probably told about the droid after meeting vack up.
>probably

So once again, you're writing a fan theory for a massive plot hole

>tell us things we should be able to draw from
Excuse me for wanting a script that actually isn't just hastily written with no thought, right? Fuck even trying! We should just assume!

>You didn't answer the question
Why should I answer a lazy question that provided zero thought. You put zero effort into thinking of that question, so why should I answer it? How am I even supposed to answer a question like that?

>Why would she care at all about Finn?
Probably because he just showed up with Han Solo and rey, two people she already holds in high regard. In the real world, that's how things work.

>>64528489
>I don't know what the word unique means

>>64528546
>needs to be told instead of shown.
We weren't told, nor even shown lol.

Most of TFA's fan boy's arguments are pure fantasy that weren't shown or told in the movie
>>
>>64528389
>You forget that Rey apparently also knows how to fly and operate and even preform maintenance on this very unique and old ship

IT's a YT Corellian Freighter, they are the Toyota pickups of the galaxy. The Falcon was not some one off one of a kind ship. The only thing that made it "Unique" was it's hyper drive modifications.
>>
>>64528631
I actually like Tony Stark in the very bad IM sequels so I will explain

When Tony Stark tells the Ten Rings where his house is, it exposes his hubris and has him suffer for it, something that is explored throughout the movie without his protective armor

when Quigon cheats Watto twice, it just reveals a character trait and gets Anakin. almost every scene with him is "lets get Anakin to the temple". there is no reason to care about him
>>
>>64528716
You have no idea about the narrative aspect of show vs. tell, I take it?
>>
>>64522543
I'll explain to you OP. You see when a movie is good, its flaws are far less perceptible. This is why almost nobody talks about the plot holes of the OT. And it's the same reason why everybody hates the prequels, if they would've had a good story or writing nobody would talk about the other flaws. But since you are a contrarian this doesn't make any sense to you.
>>
>>64522728
Yeah. When Rey picked up the lightsaber and started having flashbacks or whatever they were, I was really hoping the whole thing was a dream. But no, she actually wandered to a magical chest that contained Luke's lightsaber.

Couldn't they have come up with a better way for her to get it?
>>
>>64528660
>JEDI IN TRAINING
Is it often that Jedi in training like Kylo Ren can read minds, stop blasters in mid air, paralyze people, etc etc?

Lol.

>So you're basing your complaint on baseless speculation?
That's your whole arguments. You asked "what would happen if the movie was written this way.." What am I supposed to say?

>Why Maz again?
Why not?

>probably
You keep using that word

>would be teaching Luke nothing new
How do you know this?

>probably didn't lnow she had first order people in her castle
Probably again...or maybe she probably knew?
The point is that she had the First Order in her castle lol. Why?

>>64528740
>EU
>wookiepedia

>>64528794

This movie didn't show nor tell us anything. That's the problem my friend
>>
>>64522543

>Maz Kanata's race isn't even listed

Not sure if they were trying to draw more Yoda similarities; or just lazy shits.

They also don't explain much about Kylo Ren's shuttle on Wookipedia.
>>
File: 1373142682025.jpg (718 KB, 1584x1540) Image search: [Google]
1373142682025.jpg
718 KB, 1584x1540
>>64528852
>she actually wandered to a magical chest

THE FORCE IS FUCKING MAGIC

IT IS LITERAL MAGIC

THE BIG BAD OF THE ENTIRE SERIES PRE TFA WAS A FUCKING WIZARD
>>
>>64528716
Why does he have to explain how he got off Jakku?

>Has Resistance connections
There is your answer

>Tell us things we should be able to draw from
Because that is good writing, according to people beyond a certain level of intelligence? Why do you like being told "He hates John" vs "He clenched his jaw every time John spoke"
>>
>>64522543
WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAACE?
>>
>>64528889
>Didn't show or tell us anything.

Except it did show us lots of things. Sorry you cannot catch it, or fail to make a conjecture.
>>
>>64522728

It was JJ's fucking dumbshit idea too.
>>
>>64528893
Ok I get it, Jedi are space wizards, but still, couldn't there have been a more believable way for her to get the lightsaber other than by breaking the pacing of the movie for her to wander to a chest?
>>
>>64528769
Why do we only care about a character because they have development? Jesus is a fairly static character (he's lecturing rabbis at 12 and still doing it 20 years later) and he caught on well (not meant to imply he's not real)
Obi Wan doesn't develop in ANH.
Gatsby is a character that doesn't develop (he's put in a different environment, but Nick Carraway's final pronouncements show that Gatsby was always out of place there in NYC)

Fiction is rife with examples of good characters that we care about and don't develop.

And if you enjoyed Iron Man the character, then how does it show that character driven movie arcs are bound to fail? That's the original contention. Unless you're saying IM2+3 sucked cause of Tony, but that'd be weird.
>>
File: 1373931625619.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
1373931625619.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>64528947
>more believable way
>in a movie about space wizards who shoot lightning bolts and throw around spaceships

to answer your fucking question: no
>>
>>64528947
Tell us what brilliant idea you have instead?
>>
>>64527662
>legendary across space
>yet goes back to smuggling

I'm sorry I thought the whole point of smuggling was getting illegal goods across borders, kind of hard if you're a household name.
>>
>>64528889
"The droid escaped on an old stolen yt model Corellian freighter" Not "The Droid escaped on THE MELLENIUM FUCKING FALCON"
>>
>>64528968
>And if you enjoyed Iron Man the character, then how does it show that character driven movie arcs are bound to fail?

i dont believe that

what the fuck does any of your post have to do with qui-gon? hes a shittily written one-off just deal with it you cunt

also tony was the only good thing about im 2 + 3 i just fucking said that
>>
>>64523340
Lupita Assigana Ivijaya Bakambu Kachuwegapube Obakwebale Mutombo Awualombakebuletangalelemba Nyong'oó
>>
>>64528900
>Why does he have to explain how he got off Jakku?

Yeah, never mind. I'll just accept the gaping plot hole in the middle of the movie. You're right, this movie is a 10/10, Disney told me

>There is your answer
Are there any Resistance connections on Jakku?
Unfortunately, JJ didn't tell us nor show us any.

>the audience has to make up their own theories>
>Because that is good writing
No, it's not.

>>64528931
How did Poe get off of Jakku?
>>
>>64522766

I watched RLM's review, they literally sucked off the entire movie. The skinny guy mentioned "hey, it had some plot holes" towards the end of the video, but he never explained what they were.

I guess after building so many pageviews on anti-Prequel memes, they just naturally thought an OT re-skin would be fucking epic.
>>
>>64529019
>we both went back to doing what we were good at
>quote by Han Solo in The Force Awakens, (2015)
>>
>>64522543
Remember those shitty fly aliens in the background? Literal flies.
>>
>>64528968
To be fair, Jesus did develop well.

At one point in the early stages of Matthew, he came upon a fig tree that was baring no fruit because it was malnourished. He went apeshit and destroyed the tree.

He also tried to tell his father and mother he knew more of the world than he did when he was 12, even though he'd only experienced the world as God through an off-hands approach. Joseph put him in his place, he never tried to pull that shit again.
>>
>>64529025
What other Correlian fighters whatever do you see flying around?
>>
File: 1347766766924.jpg (76 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
1347766766924.jpg
76 KB, 345x383
>>64529059
he took a ship
>>
>>64528979
>>64528986
fuck i don't know, anything but finding it in a chest in the basement of a random fucking cantina, all on her own. it's called suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>64529019
Because it took him back to his comfort zone?

Seriously did you faggots browse your phones the whole time or some shit? Half the criticisms I see are easily disputed from direct movie quotes, meaning that people didn't pay the fuck attention.
>>
>>64529019
>I'm sorry I thought the whole point of smuggling was getting illegal goods across borders, kind of hard if you're a household name.

When Questioned by Authorities Smugglers use fake names and aliases. But when advertising as a smuggler don't you want to be known as the most famous smuggler in the galaxy? If you got some seriously important "illegal" goods you need delivered somewhere are you going to trust some shmuck with no reputation as a smuggler?
>>
>>64529104
When did it tell us this? Show us this?

???

??

?

In my theory, he took a maical donkey and teleported away
>>
>>64529135
99% of the audience used their fucking brains

you are the 1%
>>
>>64529120
So you can't formulate a better scenario?
>>
>>64529071
>household name is smuggling goods everywhere

>HE CAN USE A FAKE NAME
>A universe that has planet to planet holograms can't use facial recognition
>>
>>64523340
Le-a
>>
File: 1376327462297.jpg (29 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1376327462297.jpg
29 KB, 570x533
>>64529204
>household name is smuggling goods everywhere

yes, you're right, we watched the same film, good job
>>
>>64529093

The "Blockade-Runners" are made on Corellia.
>>
>>64529135
> I NEED EVERYTHING SPELLED OUT FOR ME!!!!

Good God, ever read a decent novel? I guess not, you'd be confounded and confused.
>>
>>64527651
>frustrated cranky alien comic relief
>literally paired with Simon Pegg
>not comic relief
>>
>>64529241
>Many people use sarcasm everyday, some more than others. According to the Center for Autism Blog, sarcasm or irony is used in conversation an average of once every 2 minutes. For those with autism, that means that once every 2 minutes of conversation they are confused. Imagine not being able to follow a conversation because you don’t understand what someone is talking about.
>>
>>64529163
How did they use their brain?

If you're saying that I'm the 1% that actually questions how he escape, you're right.

I thought you were the master as "show vs tell"? When did JJ show us or tell us how Poe escape from Jakku?
>>
>>64528824
>thinking you can't criticize movies you love
>>
>>64529093
There was a yt-1300 flying in the background of Gourscant in episode III. There is also the Ghost in Star Wars Rebels, of which according to Disney is canon.
>>
>>64529261
>plot hole in your favorite novel/movie

>LE DO YOU NEED EVERYTHING TOLD? JUST ACCEPT THE FLAWS

????

Your idea of a decent novle is one that leaves the reader asking questions and creating his own theories as to how something happened?

Okay.
>>
>>64529034
see what I was responding to
>>64528162
Either that poster is implying that everything being built around Anakin is bad, or he needs to respond to my claims about Qui Gonn having character
here: >>64528278
Or you can respond to my original question: does a character have to serve as an end? if so, why?

See the post you were responding to, >>64528968
Gatsby literally just exists to have Nick Carraway reflect on Gilded Age Society
Obi Wan just exists to explain plot and help Luke become a jedi. Are people complaining about them being bad characters?

>>64529073
Fair point, I thought about that a little which is why I included other points, although saying Jesus developed may be slightly heretical haha
>>
>>64528716
>>64528889

Do you understand what a plot hole is? And that as adults we should be able to make logical conclusions without the films explicitly telling us, as in the entire fucking point behind cinematic story telling?

But fuck it I'm off tonight so I can keep going.

>>Except he literally tells Finn just that after they meet again.
>Go re-watch the script. He literally doesn't explain how he got off,just that he woke up and saw that he had crashed.
>This is one of the biggest plot holes of the movie...how did Poe get off of Jakku?

Its not a plot hole, and the hows don't exactly matter especially for a vetted star pilot for the resistance. Hes off and safe. You don't know what a plot hole is.

>>when he could contact the resistance
>How?

Via his connections on Jakku, ie the same connections that located the map.

>>was probably told about the droid after meeting vack up.
>>probably

Because I'm an adult making educated conclusions based on the material provided by the childrens movie and not the writer of it. So yes, probably, as in very very likely.

>So once again, you're writing a fan theory for a massive plot hole

You still don't know what a plot hole is. For you a plot hole is "something the movie doesn't explicitly tell me" which is incorrect

>>tell us things we should be able to draw from
>Excuse me for wanting a script that actually isn't just hastily written with no thought, right? Fuck even trying! We should just assume!

It seems like everyone else had a fairly easy time understanding what is a very simple movie.
>>
>>64529242
Fav ship desu senpai
>>
>>64522543
haha i see what you're doing and whatever but the part of movie plinkett's review is talking about is a much more egregious example of this
>>
>>64529201
Not him, but her walking away literally in the middle of pining over Finn was jarring. At the very least have her in bed that night and she gets woken up by it or something. Would have been a bit more smooth.
>>
>>64529410
>And that as adults we should be able to make logical conclusions without the films explicitly telling us

In other words: just accept the flaw and pretend it's not there

No thanks. I'm not that big of a fan boy.

>hows don't exactly matter
Uh... What? No where in history has this been said....only in Star Wars fan boy land I guess.

>Via his connections on Jakku ie the same connections that located the map.
i guess Kylo Ren and the First Order forgot about those...

Nice "connections" that we never see...

>educated conclusions
Did you just replace "educated guesses" with "educated conclusions" lol?

Because that's all you're doing...."guessing"

>It seems like everyone else had a fairly easy time understanding what is a very simple movie.
It feels good being one of the few who actually used a bit of brain power to dissect this media frenzy, then.
>>
>>64528889

>>You didn't answer the question
>Why should I answer a lazy question that provided zero thought. You put zero effort into thinking of that question, so why should I answer it? How am I even supposed to answer a question like that?

So you're not going to answer the question since you haven't an answer. Got it. Basically if these things matter so.much to you you should be able to argue them instead of dismissing it altogether.

>>Why would she care at all about Finn?
>Probably because he just showed up with Han Solo and rey, two people she already holds in high regard. In the real world, that's how things work.

Why do you think she holds Han Solo or Rey in high regard? She just met Rey and Solo and her treat each ither as nothing more than acquaintances at best

>>JEDI IN TRAINING
>Is it often that Jedi in training like Kylo Ren can read minds, stop blasters in mid air, paralyze people, etc etc?
>Lol.

The movie literally ends with Snoke outright saying its time to complete his training. Jesus Christ

>>So you're basing your complaint on baseless speculation?
>That's your whole arguments. You asked "what would happen if the movie was written this way.." What am I supposed to say?

No, my arguments are based on the fucking movoe, yours are based on how hard a time you had basic elements of the plot.

>>Why Maz again?
>Why not?
>>
>>64528889
>>64529093
"YT-1300 light freighters were a type of light freighter that operated in the galaxy during the final days of the Galactic Republic[2] and the reign of the Galactic Empire.[3] Its side-mounted cockpit and front-facing prongs allowed it to push containers in orbital freight yards.[1]

The Millennium Falcon, a smuggling vessel that became part of the Rebel Alliance fleet,[4] was a YT-1300[5] of the YT-1300f variety.[1]"

Wookieepedia
>>
File: b wing.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
b wing.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1200
>>64529438
Not the Based Benis-Wing?
>>
>>64529596

>>probably
>You keep using that word

I didn't write the script, I much like every human being ever are basing our judgements and conclusions by the movie provided.

>>would be teaching Luke nothing new
>How do you know this?

Because she isn't a jedi, and has no experience with the force just some cursory knowledge of it. I guess Luke could see her if he needed a vague second hand account history lesson. But he probably doesn't.

>>probably didn't lnow she had first order people in her castle
>Probably again...or maybe she probably knew?
>The point is that she had the First Order in her castle lol. Why?

I have fucking no clue the argument you're making here. Its explicitly clear she didn't know. Did you want her outright to say "i didnt know we had first order here?" Fucking wat
>>
>>64529610
>So you're not going to answer the question since you haven't an answer
Yes, thank you for understanding my post.

>Basically if these things matter so.much to you you should be able to argue them instead of dismissing it altogether
Try providing one next time

>Why do you think she holds Han Solo or Rey in high regard?
She's known Solo. She clearly has respect for Rey. Did you watch this movie?

>The movie literally ends with Snoke outright saying its time to complete his training.

That doesn't change the fact that Kylo Ren had already been trained to do pretty powerful things

However, when the time is right...I guess he just can't hold his own against Le Janitor though?

I mean....he stopped Poe's blaster in mid air? But he can't stop Chewie's..?

both were sneak attacks, so don't tell me he saw Poe's coming
>>
>>64529808
>Can't hold his own against le janitor
Dude what he disarms like it's no ones business, knocks his teeth out and fucks his spine up. Also maybe him not seeing the bowcaster bolt coming was because he just killed his fucking dad and it turns it out it didn't make him feel stronger at all
>>
This movie really was awful. I feel bad that people think this is a good Star Wars movie.
>>
>>64529596

>>And that as adults we should be able to make logical conclusions without the films explicitly telling us
>In other words: just accept the flaw and pretend it's not there
>No thanks. I'm not that big of a fan boy.

Its not about pretending flaws are or aren't there, its focusing on nonexistent problems when there are others that actually exist.

I love how you assume I'm a star wars fan boy even though I wasn't crazy about it, but also not a babbling retard who could follow basic film and character structure

>>hows don't exactly matter
>Uh... What? No where in history has this been said....only in Star Wars fan boy land I guess.

Nice deflection, it doesnt matter because the story isn't abiut him, its about Rey and Finn. We follow them, and we know he got off the planet because he's at the base.

This is embarrassing brah

>>Via his connections on Jakku ie the same connections that located the map.
>i guess Kylo Ren and the First Order forgot about those...
>Nice "connections" that we never see...

Except we do see them, Max Von Sydow even has the first line in the movie.

>>educated conclusions
>Did you just replace "educated guesses" with "educated conclusions" lol?
>Because that's all you're doing...."guessing"

No, I'm making conclusions based on the information offered in the film. Something every human being should be able to do.

>>It seems like everyone else had a fairly easy time understanding what is a very simple movie.
>It feels good being one of the few who actually used a bit of brain power to dissect this media frenzy, then.

Lucky you then
>>
>>64528890
>They also don't explain much about Kylo Ren's shuttle on Wookipedia.
What's there to explain?

It's a shuttle. Kylo Ren owns it. Nobody talks about it in the movie and it doesn't do anything of note.
>>
>>64529808

>>Basically if these things matter so.much to you you should be able to argue them instead of dismissing it altogether
>Try providing one next time

I most certainly did, you just chose to ignore it.

>>Why do you think she holds Han Solo or Rey in high regard?
>She's known Solo. She clearly has respect for Rey. Did you watch this movie?

I did, she knowns Han Solo for a while so what? Solo knew Jabba for years and they hated each other. Rewatch the movie, you're picking up on things that aren't true, any respect she has for Rey come from her calling out Finn's cowardice and devotion to delivering BB8. Thats only.expabded when she finds the saber.

>>The movie literally ends with Snoke outright saying its time to complete his training.
>That doesn't change the fact that Kylo Ren had already been trained to do pretty powerful things

It doesnt change the fact that the film explicitly states he's in training, regardless of how you feel about his power.

>However, when the time is right...I guess he just can't hold his own against Le Janitor though?
>I mean....he stopped Poe's blaster in mid air? But he can't stop Chewie's..?
>both were sneak attacks, so don't tell me he saw Poe's coming

> le

Jesus christ, ignoring the fact that Kylo kicks the fucking shit out of Finn, Kylo is obviously going through alot more at the end of the film than he is in the beginning. Couple that with obvoous issues he has controlling his emotions and literally just having killed his father, its fairly fucking easy how someone could get the drop on him.
>>
>>64522543
>How do you know that? Hey! I asked you a question, how do you know that?
When a girl is abandonned for like 20 years on a horrible desert planet in the middle of nowhere, it stands to reason that nobody is coming back for her. Because you wouldn't do that to a kid unless you wanted her to be gone forever.
>>
>>64523340
>she reminded me of one of my High School art teachers, personality wise.

She was based on one of JJ Abrams' favorite teachers from high school.
>>
>>64529951
Misplaced pity. I feel bad that your autism gets in the way of your fun, anon.
>>
>>64529951
Agreed. Almost every scene can have a Plinkett style review.

The biggest ones are obivously Poe escaping Jakku, and the Falcon.

My third favorite is the ridiculous Kanjiclub scene which served no purpose

Fourth would be when Finn tells the Resiatace where they should attack. I was half expecting Ackbar to give his famous line....but no, everyone agrees with this guy who they just met a few minutes ago...and who they know nothing about. What if Finn was one of the many First Order's dangerous spies that we always see? Hell, everywhere Finn goes, the First Order shows up. No one questions him though

Fifth would be a homeless teenager speaking 5 languages and being a karate master

Sixth is how Finn was so okay with killing people who earlier that day were just like him, wearing the stormtrooper armour...

>>64530057
>it doesnt matter because the story isn't abiut him
All right, so then why are you making up fan theories? Just leave it then and let people dissect the movie for its flaws

>Except we do see them, Max Von Sydow even has the first line in the movie.
The whole village was burnt.
Was Le Portions Man was actually a secret connection?

>>64530104

>Kylo kicks the fucking shit out of Finn
He doesn't. Watch it again. Why are you people saying this?

>Kylo Ren kills everyone else in one nanosecond
>he can't even beat Finn in a 10 minute
Lightsabre duel

LOL WUT?? Why did it take him so long?
>>
>>64527662
>defending a shitty nostalgic flick
>claims others to have autism

JJIDF is real
>>
>>64522543
go back to reddit
>>
>>64530251

>>it doesnt matter because the story isn't abiut him
>All right, so then why are you making up fan theories? Just leave it then and let people dissect the movie for its flaws

Because its an incredibly simple logical jump to make. Something that most people can understand fairly simply. Its only you in this thread talking about this stupid bullshit.

>>Except we do see them, Max Von Sydow even has the first line in the movie.
>The whole village was burnt.
> Was Le Portions Man was actually a secret connection?

> using "le" unironically twice

Also are you implying that one village on the entire planet housed ALL of the resistance connections? You cannot be that daft.

>>>64530104 (You)
>>Kylo kicks the fucking shit out of Finn
>He doesn't. Watch it again. Why are you people saying this?

because he does? How the fuck does Finn end up in a ficking coma at the end???

>>Kylo Ren kills everyone else in one nanosecond
>>he can't even beat Finn in a 10 minute
>Lightsabre duel
>LOL WUT?? Why did it take him so long?

Because its the climax of the movie, and the logic in the movie is that Kylo is bleeding out, as it is visually told to us by the bleed dripping
>>
>>64530251
>10 minute Lightsabre duel
Why are you telling others to watch the movie?
>>
>>64530477
>How the fuck does Finn end up in a ficking coma at the end???
Because he loses a long drawn out fight that would have been over in literally one second for any other non force-sensitive fighting a sith/jedi.
>he only put him in a coma instead of killing him so now it's more impressive
>>
>>64530728

Vadar didn't kill Luke after their encounter in Empire. Whats your point.

Also the fight is hardly long at all but I'm getting the feeling you didn't actually either watch the movie or watched some shit cam with the intention of shitposting
>>
>>64530728
Are you retarded? Kylo comes off as extremely proud. He literally toys around with Finn, even in his conditions. He wants to humiliate Finn or something. Then Finn gets that lucky shot, and he finishes him off in literally two moves.
>>
>>64523340
Unsheathes Katana
>>
>>64530823
Thats the impression I got, he saw Finn with what he believed was his rightful lightsaber and was playing with Finn to work out his anger
>>
>>64530477
Who is this "everyone else" you speak of? Literally the only two people we see him kill are his dad and some old village elder on Jakku.
>>
>>64530997

I didn't say that, the guy I was replying to did
>>
>>64530803
>Whats your point.
That the fact he ended up in a coma is no evidence of anything because the relevant part is the fight before the finishing blow? What's yours?

Fight is a lot longer than the one second it would take any other jedi/sith to kill any other stormtrooper.

>>64530918
I didn't see that at all and thought it was kind of dumb that they let finn get in some random damage in when he doesn't even have the dues ex force shit. What makes you say he was playing with him?
>>
>>64531109

Be he's not a sith, he's in training.
>>
>>64531161
Luke could have killed a stormtrooper in a second after obi-wan lectured him for one spaceship ride
>>
>>64531109

Just how the fight goes, Kylo dominates the fight. A big part of his character is control, and that is shown particularly in that fight as he dictates the fights rhythm. In fact its only after Finn gets lucky and knicks his arm that he immediately finishes it.
>>
>>64531235

Probably, I'm under the impression that Kylo is deliberately taking his time.
>>
>>64529700
Oh shit son, I guess I would have one of those in the hangar bay.
>>
File: 1425347624211.gif (470 KB, 207x154) Image search: [Google]
1425347624211.gif
470 KB, 207x154
>>64522543
>The shield works at intervals
>They destroyed the republic
>>
>>64531235
Luke was a Gary Stu.
>>
>>64522543

Seriously man? You had ONE fucking opportunity to go

>How do you know that? Hey! I asked you a question, how do you know that? Answer me thing in the eye face. What is that anyway? What's wrong with your faaace?
>>
>>64523673
What an uppity faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>64522543
Plinkett made the script joke when we saw establsihed characters saying things that we KNOW they couldn't have known. We don't know shit about Maz Whatever, and it's heavily implied that she knows considerably more than she is letting on. She IS holding on to Luke's lightsaber for fuck's sake, so if Rey is Luke's kid, it's not exactly some inexplicable bit of knowledge causing her to encourage Rey to move forward, instead of being stuck in the past hoping for something to happen.

You fucking highschoolers are really getting desperate with this circlejerk. We get it, the extent of your understanding of film criticism comes from the Plinkett reviews.
>>
File: kylo_rekt.jpg (58 KB, 960x382) Image search: [Google]
kylo_rekt.jpg
58 KB, 960x382
>>64532072
FUCK goddammit shit
>>
>>64532854
I was making a joke friendo :^)
I loved force awakens
>>
>>64522543
she knew the nigger would run. it in their genes to run loll
>>
Factually worse than Jar Jar Binks

Try to argue against this.
>>
>>64533383
Jar Jar has a more annoying voice and his comic relief comes from him smelling a fart and saying "pee-yousa" and stepping in poopy and saying "icky icky goo"
>>
>>64527586
>>64527534
headcanon apologist
>>64527116
and where do you get that from

star wars 7 was shit, i dont get the fags defending it, surely a crap ton of /sp/ /v/ and Facebook kiddies migrated here even more after this last month

officially neo /tv/ when its still 5 pages of spam of memes, shitposting and flavor of the month for 2.5 years since banepostinmg
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.