[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcg JRQWxKnw >Jungle Book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: khan-gallery-03.jpg (76 KB, 720x522) Image search: [Google]
khan-gallery-03.jpg
76 KB, 720x522
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgJRQWxKnw
>Jungle Book live action adaption
>Changing Kaa's gender from male to female because the original film was a little male-heavy according to the director
>Ignoring the fact that Kaa was always male and not only in the old, animated adaption from Disney

What's next: a Lion King live action adaption with Simba as a lesbian lioness?
>>
>Kaa's chief characteristic is being seductive
>change to a woman to be more seductive
Scarjo's voice is all wrong but I have no problem with that change, it ultimately doesn't matter.

A good adaptation should strive to change things from the source material anyway. If you want the original story read the book
>>
>>64517544
jesus christ who gives a shit? you dumb fucks will get mad at anything
>>
>people getting triggered left and right when someone changes the script to anything

Ffs guys
>>
>>64517617
Change them, not alienate them.
>>
>>64517735
>alienate them.
What?
>>
nobody cares you dumb shit
>>
>>64517729
changing it because the change would make it better or put your own touch on it is ok. Putting women and black people in for the sole purpose of putting women and black people and then saying that's why you did it in is annoying
>>
>>64517819
>Putting women and black people in for the sole purpose of putting women and black people and then saying that's why you did it in is annoying
Why?
>>
>>64517819
If you get upset that women and brown people are in a movie that's your problem, not theirs
>Your artisitic license end where my feelings begin
>>
>>64517868
Not him but for starters that makes you both Sexist and Racist while they usually call others Sexist and Racist.
>>
>>64517544
>>
>>64517928

I think it has less to do with art, and more to do with feminist bullshit.
>>
>>64518030
How exactly is it sexist to change the sex of a character just for the sake of it?
>>
>>64518052
THAT'S NOT HOW LIONS WORK
>>
>>64518079
Means you perceive women as objects
>>
>>64518115
I really don't follow. How is that?
>>
>>64517760
He doesn't actually know what he's talking about or even why he's upset by this. Same old same old.
>>
>>64518052
That's the most attractive Whoopie Goldberg's ever been.
>>
>>64518066
It has less to do with feminists and more star power. Kaa is the only one you really could change to a girl. Baloo and Baghera are the dual father figures, Shere Khan is meant to be naturally intimidating, the Elephant is an old patriarch, and making Mowgli a girl is way too radical. So they change Kaa, a role whose gender doesn't matter in the slightest, and they can add a star actress to the bill
>>
>>64517544
They obviously want kids to want to fuck that snake. Female snakes are usually bigger anyway which is more menacing, but I don't think they care as much about that as the kids fucking snakes thing.
>>
>>64517544
Kaa was a good guy in the book too, so it's not like the original Disney movie didn't get things wrong. In fact, why is Disney making another live action Jungle Book movie when they had already made one? Why not do one that's a real faithful adaption of the book?
>>
>>64517544
Are they going to sing, too?
>>
Disney's jungle book is about a boy who looks up to strange men (that happen to be animals) and how it's dangerous for him to be among them. Kinda messes it up if Khan is a woman.

But I don't give a fuck, I'll watch the Disney animated version instead.
>>
>>64518474
That snippet of "Bare Necessities" is probably only for the trailer, purely to get the audience that watched the cartoon version.
>>
>>64518451
Even book Kaa probably would work as a female though. he's sort of a Yoda figure; a wise but eccentric hermit, which isn't a gender-specific role
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.