[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like the way JJ shot TFA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Did you like the way JJ shot TFA?
>>
I mostly did but what bothered me was that as much TFA was a rehash he had to change the xwing pilot shots so they arent frontal like in the OT but a bit angular (is this a word?)
>>
Yes, I think it is very well made on a technical level.

It's the plot and characters that bring it down
>>
>>64498018
Mostly. Hated the lightsaber fight camera work though.

Fucking keep the camera still you hack and make the shot last longer that 1 second.
>>
I guess. Nothing stood out as looking particularly good
>>
>>64500191
That lightsaber fight felt so unsatisfying. The choreography felt goofy and I hate those cheesy saber lunges Rey kept doing with the saber.
>>
>>64500217
I found the opening scene on Jakku and Hux's speech to be vivid af 2bh. Also the one where Luke puts his mechanical hand on Artoo, which was sadly too short.
>>
>>64498018

The change in styles between Abrams and Lucas made it almost not even feel like a Star Wars film. Sure elements of the universe are used and old characters make appearances, but overall it felt like an insincere exploitation of a successful franchise. This can be seen in his Star Trek rip offs as well. JJ is a hack
>>
>>64500295
Don't ever reply to me again
>>
>>64500417
Have a free (You) f@m
>>
>>64500296
I'd rather have the new directors do their own thing rather than try and emulate what's already been done.
>>
The camera moved around too much, there was too much zooming in and out really fast, twirling around, the average length of shot was much too short, and the ending was way too drawn out and could have done without the rotating helicopter shot.

Some of the sets felt too much like sets, the CGI stuck out like a sore thumb and anything in space felt wrong
>>
File: 1336079196942.jpg (20 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1336079196942.jpg
20 KB, 450x338
No, then again I've always disliked JJ's directing. I really despise his style of pseudo next gen pop art camera work and editing. And I hate his colorgrading as well, fucking blue teal everywhere. I knew that I would hate TFA just because of him. He raped the star wars cinematography as far as I am concerned.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.