[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did she get Luke's lightsaber?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 504x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 504x348
How did she get Luke's lightsaber?
>>
wait for Episode VIII :^)
>>
That's a story for another time :^)
>>
>>64463907
He probably gave it to her, what the fuck is so complicated about it?
>>
>>64463944
He lost it after vader cut his hand off I thought
>>
This rasin wa fucking gross to watch what was the point of this turd?
>>
>>64463944
that lightsaber fell into the clouds at cloud city along with lukes hand
>>
>>64463955
Yeah it fell into the gas giant cloud city is floating on
>>
>>64463955
>>64463975
>>64463976

don't waste your time responding to the millenial who didn't even watch the OT
>>
Remember that EU crap where a dark side of the force user grabbed the Sun Crusher (a Millennium Falcon sized superweapon) from the inside of the atmosphere of Yavin (a gas giant planet) by just using the Force's telekinesis abilities?

Same deal.
>>
I've read that the earlier script involved showing the lightsaber floating through space after the intro crawl.
>>
>>64463988
Wait was Luke in the clone wars movie? I dont remember that part.
>>
>>64463907

Willrow Hood gave it to her
>>
>>64464011
Did you come from /pol/? Someone there mentioned a Sun Crusher in Star Wars thread
>>
>>64464011
But she isn't even a Jedi. And only Rey is Mary Sue enough to use the force just right after she was told that it exists.
>>
>>64463907
Anyone else pop a stiffy when she started crawling on the table?
>>
>>64464044
No, but I have seen the Sun Crusher mentioned multiple times on any discussion about the terribleness of the EU.

I myself have spent some time reading Wookiepedia or reading Thrawn Trilogy (albeit in comic form, and an edited version fron OT.com) Never again, the EU is just plain terrible.
>>
I'll bet it's a really boring story. Like she just went to cloud city and bought it off the random guy who found it.
The flashback will just be her haggling for it.
>>
>>64464011
Do you mean that dude from the Force Unleashed?
>>
>>64464053
Look, I was just trying to make a joke about how nonsensical that part of the movie was. I'm not one of these anons defending TFA, in fact that mivie has almost as many plotholes as any of the prequels. And even if TFA's story didn't have plotholes, it was completely lazy and lacking imagination.

Compare the visuals of Cloud City, Hoth or Mos Eisley with Maz Kanata's planet or the Resistance base. The former cases are great, the latter ones are plain boring.
>>
>>64464113
No, it was another one, I think it was one of the sons of one of the protagonists of the OT, but I'm not sure.

But that character you mentioned could crash entire Star Destroyers by using the Force. Or that's what I saw in one of the trailers (enough bullshit to make me realize in wasn't worth playing it).
>>
File: 1354842221997.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1354842221997.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>64463907
>I like that wookie

do you think she has ever done anything inappropriate to Chewie? Like lean over and whisper into his ear "I want you to take a dump on my chest and smother it all over me". Or maybe when no one was looking she tried to stick her finger up his bumhole?
>>
>>64463928
This line pulled me right out of the movie.

The character could have just said something about scavengers or something who realize something of value and know who collects that kind of shit.

Instead we get that bullshit, she may as well have said " Well, if we get enough interest you've got yourself another spinoff movie" and then winked at the camera.
>>
>>64464023

The scene was shot but scrapped at the last minute
>>
>>64463907
That's a story for a tie-in book :^)
>>
>>64463975
maybe she lived in cloud city and it fell into her window or something oh shit.
>>
Why was it in a dusty old box?
This movie had heaps of flaws, but the treatment of Luke's lightsaber bugs me the most for some reason.
I'm just trying to imagine the writers going over early drafts of the script and they're like "yeah, it's just in a box under some bar and now suddenly lightsabers have minds of their own like Harry Potter's wand". How did no one bring up any issues with that?
Am I being too autistic??
>>
>>64464640
Think she has the hand as well?
>>
>>64463907
It probably fell down a shaft in Cloud City where one of those hairy midgets found it who probably traded it with someone who then traded it to someone else and so on until it ended up in Maz's hands. Jesus do you need everything spelled out to you?
>>
>>64463907
Lando's worker found it, Lando gave it to Leia as a gift, then she wanted to give it to Ben when he comes of age. After Ben went bad, Leia took the lightsaber to Maz for her to secure it. That's the whole story, that's how it is in the novelization.

It's good they edited it out from the movie, because it's uninteresting as fuck.
>>
>>64463975
No it fucking didn't. The duel was indoors. Ugnaughts found it. Stormtroopers took it, and Vader got it back. Then he fucking died, and pirates looted his toy collection.
>>
>Anakin's lightsaber fell into the lava
Or at least I'm pretty sure it did
>Luke's lightsaber falls down when Vader cuts off his hand

And somehow it's the same lightsaber that ends up in the basement of a female yellow Yoda
>>
>>64464770
>after being together for centuries Han suddenly takes an interest in Chewie's weapon
This is what gets me. The way he acts is that he's never held it before. Not once during their time together did he even think about that weapon?
>>
>>64464905
No.
>>
>>64464905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xP3fI7yn5s

8:24
>>
>>64464931
Chewie never got shot in the arm before, apparently.
>>
>>64464954
Cool. So at least that part isn't retarded.
>>
>>64463907

PROBABLY BY THE SAME WAY BB8 JUST HAPPENED TO RUN ACROSS REY, AND FINN JUST HAPPENED TO RUN ACROSS REY, AND HAN SOLO JUST HAPPENED TO RUN ACROSS REY...

YOU KNOW, IN TFA THINGS JUST HAPPEN TO MAGICALLY RUN ACROSS EACH OTHER.

THAT'S WHY THE MOVIE'S SO GREAT.
>>
>>64465079
LIKE HOW C3PO AND R2D2 JUST MAGICALLY END UP ON LUKE'S FARM

OR HOW LUKE JUST COINCIDENTLY MANAGES TO CRASH LAND WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF YODA'S HOUSE
>>
File: 1394075680406s.jpg (11 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1394075680406s.jpg
11 KB, 250x247
>>64464954
>That whole opening exchange
>That part on the tables where they're just tripping each other and shit
>That spin
>That part where they jump on a pipe for no reason and awkwardly fence
>That part on the ropes
>That 20 meter backflip by Anakin onto a lava droid
>That whole middle exchange
>That solid 15 seconds where they just stare at each other and do nothing
>That declaration of victory from nowhere when Obi-wan jumps to the high ground
>That part where Anakin does a frontflip to demonstrate his power
>That whole end exchange

This is the greatest fight in movie history and I will stand by this statement until the end of my days. It is pure gold.
>>
>>64465403

ironically entertaining != objectively great
>>
>>64464228
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was actually a pretty good game. At least, the story was. Gameplay was okay.

Sadly I do not believe it is considered canon anymore. And they basically throw a middle finger to fans of it by naming the deathstar planet after Starkiller.
>>
>>64465484
Yes, hello Reddit
>>
>>64463976
Luke fell through the ventilation shafts before getting to the exterior of Cloud City. The saber may well have just landed somewhere inside the structure and was later found.
>>
>>64465506

You do understand that Starkiller was lucas's original name for Luke and not something made up for that video game right?

It's only a middle finger if you're a self entitled autist
>>
>>64465680
I self identify as someone who calls you a faggot for bringing that up when there was no real reason for it, not an autist.
>>
>>64463956
I know. she looked like an aborted fetus, + she was basically the same as yoda yet with less charisma, no force powers, and a whole fucking town dedicated to her ugly-ass raisin lookin ass self
>>
>>64463907
She didn't, it's an asian knockoff.
>>
>>64465863

The reason is it's not a fuck you to people who liked starkiller in TFU because it has nothing to do with TFU

Are you just dense?
>>
>>64465935
>The name of the protagonist has nothing to do with the game.

I think where they used it is more important to this conversation than where they had planned to use it.
>>
>>64466067

Who is 'they'? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if nobody in charge of TFA had ever even heard of TFU let alone the fact that it used george's old starkiller name for something

What point are you trying to make here?
>>
>>64466186
I see we've returned to where we began, only with a role reversal.

Anyway, it's just more likely that they took the name Starkiller from the game that was released and was quite successful rather than because it was a possible name for Luke, or so I believe. And because the game, which had a really good story, is no longer canon, some fans, myself included, are quite upset about it and didn't appreciate the reference.
>>
>>64466393
>it's just more likely that they took the name Starkiller from the game that was released and was quite successful rather than because it was a possible name for Luke, or so I believe.

You have to be literally autistic to believe this. You may be a fan of the game but you have delusions of grandeur if you think it left an impact on anyone in charge of the star wars franchise besides earning enough to justify one sequel.
>>
>>64463907
That's a story for another time ;-)
>>
>>64464236
kill urself, my man

>Select all images with pasta or noodles.
>>
>>64463907
She was cleaning toilets in the ass end of Cloud City and it bonked her on the head.
>>
File: ...what.png (616 KB, 747x599) Image search: [Google]
...what.png
616 KB, 747x599
>>64466453
>You have delusions of grandeur if you think it left an impact on anyone in charge of the star wars franchise

Do you even see what you type or do you have autism yourself? I wouldn't be surprised, considering how fond you seem of the word.
>>
she's a womens, womins know this sort of thing

like rey, she knows how to jedi

it is like it is
>>
How did the lightsaber end up in the same casket that Obi-Wan held the lightsaber in?
>>
File: image.png (48 KB, 189x188) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 189x188
>>64463907
>Luke's
>>
>>64464031
Top kek my good man!
>>
>>64463907
she's a Sith operator who hunts Jedi artifacts for Snoke and pretends to be a Rebel sympathiser

why do you think she has a First Order spy in her cantina?
>>
>>64464840
Doesnt explain the shot they filmed of it just floating through space.
I wanna believe your story because even though its boring it makes sense, but whats probably gonna happen is some the one ring bullshit where the lightsaber has his own mind and is trying to find its way back to his owner.
>>
Was it ever established how Luke ended up with the green lightsaber?
>>
She's a Jedi and she saved Rey from Kylo Ren.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.