[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: great gatsby.jpg (248 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
great gatsby.jpg
248 KB, 800x1200
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
>>64459706
meme movie.
>>
More like The Mediocre Gatsby tbf (to be frank)
>>
Robert Redford's one is better
>>
>>64459706
Why the hell did Tobey Maguire decide to take a role in this rather than Spiderman 4?
>>
Excellent adaptation other than the soundtrack.

Also 10/10 casting choices.
>>
File: mas.gif (915 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
mas.gif
915 KB, 500x200
It's the modern Hollywood blockbuster version of a story which has already been told better many times. Disappointingly forgettable, but exactly what I was expecting going in.
>>
I just watched this. is it any good?
>>
>>64460047
>I just watched this. is it any good?
well if you don't know I'm not gonna tell you
>>
I can't watch this because I can't bear how annoyed I'll feel when they play hip hop instead of big band jazz during an art deco swinging 20's party scene
>>
>>64459706
Joel Edgarton is absolutely hilarious. His confrontation with Gatsby is comedic gold.
>>
Wasted opportunity. Baz just can't resist shitting up his movies with modern pop music.
>>
File: fan.gif (838 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
fan.gif
838 KB, 500x209
>>64459706
I liked when she was on screen. other than that I didn't really see what was supposed to be so great about Gatsby. was it that he threw large parties?
>>
>>64460021
Seriously, the music completely takes you out of the film. It's not at all appropriate to be playing fucking jayz when you're trying to make the audience believe it's the 1920s
>>
>>64459706
shit
>>
Fucking awesome and underrated film. Beautiful cinematography, great cast, everything flows well and it's just great to watch if only for the scenery. The music is a love or hate thing but I feel it works and makes the whole thing feel "bigger" than if they used standard jazz from the era.
>>
Shitload better than the Redford one. Biggest issue I had was that Myrtle was hot and skinny instead of homely and thick.
>>
>>64459706
The hip-hop just completely ruins it.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>64460420
>than if they used standard jazz from the era.

I didn't love the music but I would give it a pass because at least it was different and they didn't use some standard overused cilche music like the Charleston or some similar shit.

could have use more 'It ain't me' tho
>>
>>64459706
Literally "Not a single likable character and that's the whole point": the book: the movie
>>
>>64460737
Muh dick liked Jordan
>>
File: headache_zpsc18b652d.gif (957 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
headache_zpsc18b652d.gif
957 KB, 500x209
>>64460021
>>64460287
>>64460317
>>64460362
>>64460645

> Historically accurate sets
> Historically accurate costumes
> Historically accurate dialogue
> Fucking JayZ soundtrack

If Luhrmann wanted to be artistic about things, why make such a concerted effort to make everything else accurate to the time? Seriously...has anyone released a re-scored version of this movie? Like a version with the soundtrack replaced with music contemporary to this time?
>>
>>64459706

Patrician taste
>>
>>64460892
>i don't understand intentional anachronisms
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.