[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love this movie to death and I feel like I'm the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
I love this movie to death and I feel like I'm the only person on this board that does.
>>
Go back to reddit
>>
>>64458387
>I love this movie to death
prove it via stream
>>
the death planet killing all those republic planets was just so deep and sad, but the payoff at the end when it was destroyed...that was the most amazing ending ever.
>>
>>64458387
best movie of the sw universe desu familia

i love how everyone is losing their shit over it trying to shill the hate for this movie to the 1% of the population who are too broke to watch it like it's going to change the minds of the majority who see it's greatness for the masterpeice it is
>>
>>64458387
go post it one of the other 5 billion star wars threads then you dumb piece of shit, wake the fuck up mods this is ridiculous, worse than all the blacked threads desu
>>
>>64458404
this, someone stream it.
>>
>>64458493
>this buttblasted
r/starwars owns this place now, bitch.
>>
>>64458517
stream what?
>>
>>64458517
>>64458569
I meant OP's suicide.
>>
>>64458387
kill yourself
>>
>>64458387

I liked it a lot, gonna see it again for sure

pulled it off, a delicate balancing act
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbFKuEY5jk
>>
people on this board have only seen a camrip
>>
Sorry about your lack of taste
>>
>>64458387
its a good movie /tv/ is just butthurt
>>
>>64458387
Prove it by offing yourself while watching it. Make the world better. We don't need fans of shitty movies in the world.
>>
>>64458703
i hope he got the viewcounts he was accounting for desu

going to check to see if plinkett reviewed this shit yet
>>
>>64458764
who?
>>
File: 1266997418540.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1266997418540.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>64458387
>I love this movie to death

top kek
>>
>>64458749
But it's not GOAT 10/10 so progressive like everyone else is saying either. I must admit I hate its fans, especially Reyfags, more so than the movie. I just hope Ep. 8 takes some fucking initiative and that Luke doesn't die so Rey can be the special snowflake that brings the Jedi back.
>>
everyone liked it here for the first week until /tv/ went into full shitpost / troll mode. don't worry about it
>>
>>64458832
>I must admit I hate its fans

tips fedora sir
>>
>>64458832
none of the sw films were 10/10 they all had plot holes and shit that makes no sense esb and force awakens came close both 8/10s
>>
you probably just have shit taste

>>64458549
hello reddit
>>
>>64458387
Because this board thrives on complaints. unless everyone complains about it nobody discusses it and if nobody discusses it then they lose the ability to hypnotize you.
>>
File: 1451001850696.jpg (25 KB, 420x102) Image search: [Google]
1451001850696.jpg
25 KB, 420x102
>>64458878
Bullshit, /tv/'s been making threads for years predicting the complete raping of the franchise by JJ. /tv/ hates JJ and for good reasons.
>>
>manchildren literally pay $12 to waste two hours of their lives seeing a dumb generic kid's space movie with light swords, and unironically enjoy doing this
>>
>>64458878
Well this is just completely false
>>
>>64459028
>not paying 22 dollars to watch it in dolby vision with atmos sound

hi brokefag how's ebt working for you ?
>>
>>64458387
>I feel like I'm the only person on this board that does.
Yeah yeah because the other hundred star wars threads aren't enough to appreciate the movie.
No fuck that, we need EVEN MORE shilling. Delete all non-Star Wars threads immediately, only THEN, and maybe THEN we could certainly say that /tv/ loves this movie.
Fuck you faggots I wish Hitler was still alive so he could gas you all.
>>
>>64458387
I love it too OP, you're not alone
>>
>>64458878
sorry cuck, /tv/ was shitting on the second it came out. you'll have to parrot this stupid narrative during the premiere of the next video game movie
>>
>>64459103
>HURR DURR MUH BOARD MUH SEKRET CLUB YOU GUYS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!
>>
>>64459327
Yeah well, you can make any argument sound bad that way, shill.
>HURR DURR WE NEED EVEN MORE STAR WARS THREADS NO MODERATION IS ALLOWED MAKE MORE AND MORE, TALK ABOUT DIFFERENT TOPICS ON THE SAME THREAD? NAH, BRUH WE JUST NEED TO SHIT ON THIS BOARD
>>
>>64458387
/tv/ is just tsundere.
>>
I liked it. I'll like it even more if they explain why Rey is so powerful so fast. I think 8 and 9 will really make or break this film in the long run.
>>
>>64458387
Its just capeshit in space. Grow up loser
>>
>>64459327
HURR DURR MUH STARWARS FANDOM. DONT SAY BAD STUFF ABOUT STARWARS YOU GUYS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!
>>
It has flaws but i liked it
It feels too much like a trailer exposing the characters for the next movies so the story is really barebones but this allow the movie to be very fast paced and packed with action.
I never saw the old star wars so i dont know how much the copied the first movie (my friend told me)

Positives:
-Great characters
-Awesome picture quality

Negatives:
-Weak story
-Unimaginative is you saw the old movies

Overall:
7/10
>>
>>64458387
If by "love it to death" you mean that you gave it 10/10, then I fucking hope you're the only one.
7/10 is more than fair. It is not a fucking perfect movie.
>>
>>64458387
It's better than RotJ.
>>64458878
/tv/ shit on it before it was even released.
>>
>>64458878

/tv/ was hating on TFA for a good year before it released, once it first came out it was almost universally praised but now the honeymoon period's over /tv/ is back to shitposting about it
>>
>>64458387
I too love this movie OP
>>
File: a glib fascimile.png (25 KB, 1146x499) Image search: [Google]
a glib fascimile.png
25 KB, 1146x499
that's because other people have already seen The New Hope
>>
>>64463650
yeah but at least be fair to /tv/

A year before it came out they were all hating on Finn and Boyega. After it came out they all hate on Rey for being a supreme Mary Sue. Many have actually said they like Finn, after seeing the film.

I kind of agree with them. I would be happy if the film revolved around Finn trying to figure out his way, rather than around Super Rey who figures out years worth of Force Knowledge in a matter of minutes, and beats the tar out of Ren.
>>
This movie was absolutely terrible in so many ways. I even went in with an open mind hoping to get some enjoyment out of it but fuck...it was terrible on almost every level.

The only interesting character of Kylo Ren was ruined half way through the film when i realized he was just an angsty edgelorg. Then the Rey pulling jedi powers out of her ass in the last 10 seconds to kick his ass sealed the deal. There is no where else for these characters to go, in development sense; they might as well have just killed ren off. Like whats the point? Rey is already competent, and Ren just sucks.

This would be like if Luke rekt Vader in Ep. 4. The whole character arch of the original trilogy was that Vader was powerful and Luke had to study/train to become powerful enough to defeat him without succumbing to dark side like his father
>>
>>64463896
>There is no where else for these characters to go, in development sense; they might as well have just killed ren off. Like whats the point? Rey is already competent, and Ren just sucks.

The entire point of Ren's character is he's a rookie just like Rey. Both of them will develop their skills over the course of the trilogy (as opposed to vader who was already at his peak) and undoubtedly kylo will win in a fight between them in 8 in order to establish his character as having developed and improved, reinstating him as a valid threat for 9 where he'll ultimately lose and/or maybe reform
>>
>>64464033
Ren is ~30 years old
he was in luke's jedi school since being born
>>
>>64464033

That would be good if it works out that way. But honestly, Rey winning that last battle was really a massive disappointment.

It would be like if you put me in the roman Colosseum and tell me to duel an experienced gladiator. Im pretty certain i would be killed after my first swing. The climax was just way to unbelievable. It would have been much better if Rey wounds Ren just enough for her to make a desperate escape.

Furthermore, Ren taking off his mask really ruined it. Like...well there goes all sense of mystery
>>
File: 1446337826236.jpg (11 KB, 205x189) Image search: [Google]
1446337826236.jpg
11 KB, 205x189
No I loved it too. I saw it in a chill theater where they serve beer and food with my 68 year old father. He saw the OT in theaters back when it came out, took me to see Phantom Menace when I was like 11, and now we finally got to drink and watch a new trilogy start. It was fucking great.

The irony of "son kills father" was not lost on us. I promised the old man I would never get a bane voice mask and murder him.
>>
>>64464104
>since being born

Where did you get that nasty piece of headcanon?
>>
>>64464192
weirdos
>>
>>64464185
>It would have been much better if Rey wounds Ren just enough for her to make a desperate escape.

But that's exactly what happened. Rey didn't kill Kylo, just wounded him enough for him to no longer be able to fight. Then she just walked away

>Furthermore, Ren taking off his mask really ruined it. Like...well there goes all sense of mystery
Congratulations on entirely missing the point of his character. He's not meant to be a mystery, he's not meant to be darth vader, he's a different type of villain. You're meant to see his vulnerabilities and weaknesses, and that was exactly the reason he took his mask off - if you were paying attention, the point in the movie where he took off the mask was the confrontation with rey where he learns she is a strong force user like him and has bonded with his own father in a way he never did. His emotions are starting to come out, he's no longer hiding behind a 'mask' of false confidence and intimidation so to speak
>>
>>64458387
Right here familia.
>>
>>64458396
>>64458823
>>64459327
>>64459744
>>64459798

>NOOO! Why does he like something I don't!

This are either /pol/, EU Fags, #BoycottStarWars or CameronFags. You guys should fuck and team up to create a real rebellion against SW.
>>
>>64464255
The fact that so many people completely misunderstand Kylo Ren has convinced me that people who hate the movie are just dumb prequel babbies who think a good star wars movie has a generic forgettable villain with zero character and the plot has to be told through boring exposition dumps
>>
>>64458387
Same, it was fun as fuck.
>>
>>64464192
Qt
>>
>>64464342
>prequel babbies
Are prequel babbies a thing, though? I thought liking them was a meme to be honest.
>>
>>64464703

I would have thought the same until people started trying to legitimately use TFA as an argument for how the prequels were better because according to them originality is the most important thing about a movie regardless of the quality of the narrative
>>
>>64458387
Absolutely the definitive Star Wars movie of 2015
>>
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.