[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Extreme Ghostbusters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: 2211937.jpg (90 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
2211937.jpg
90 KB, 665x375
>word "extreme" used right in the title
>grunge cover of original theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Q8zqiNxxs
>muh diversity cast of teenagers with "attitude" (black, hispanic, girl, cripple)

It's such a cynical, corporate focus group calculated 90s cash in, I don't know why so many people here defend this show whenever it comes up. My best guess is that they're IRL newfags who just watched it on TV while their moms were out shopping for more orbitz and dunkaroos because the vastly superior The Real Ghostbusters cartoon wasn't on the air anymore.
>>
BUSTIN MAKES ME FEEL GOOD
>>
File: ghost_art2.gif (28 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
ghost_art2.gif
28 KB, 200x291
That haunted house better have ramps
>>
File: EduardoRivera12.jpg (67 KB, 603x451) Image search: [Google]
EduardoRivera12.jpg
67 KB, 603x451
look how baddass this vato is with his piercing and knowledge of the street
>>
>>64457096
soooo goooood
>>
>>64457011
Well yeah you're right. RGB was off air by the late 90's so they wanted to bring into 1997. By then, kids were well away from GB. I remember it being on UPN as a kid but I never watched it. My cousin had Eduardo action figure. I watched it on youtube when I was 18 back in 08 because I went through a GB phase. I thought it was okay but they really tried making it spookey and surreal than the 80's predecessor. I defended it then, I'll defend it to an extent that they tried to bring it to us in the 90's even though it dind't last long and they new it. Everything was EXTREME back then so I forgive it. But if they did think it was totally shit, they would never had brought Kylie into the canon of the comics thats still on going. It's not like TMNT live action show in that time where they had that fucking female ninja turtle.
>>
>>64457011

>a fucking cripple

90's diversity and inclusion really went to far. The Burger King kids meals had a cripple too, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. Thank god this trend died and we went back to shunning cripples.
>>
>>64457011
Lol there was a guy in a wheel chair. They couldn't even make him a hover chair like professor x
>>
File: lucy_01.jpg (216 KB, 600x924) Image search: [Google]
lucy_01.jpg
216 KB, 600x924
>>64458619
You think that's bad, check this out...
>>
i liked it when garfield was the voice of bil murray
>>
File: JanineMelnitzAnimated11.jpg (41 KB, 596x459) Image search: [Google]
JanineMelnitzAnimated11.jpg
41 KB, 596x459
>>64458551
Who's "they"? The same masterminds at Sony who are bringing us the new all female Ghostbusters reboot? Because uh that's not a great endorsement of her character's continued existence. RGB has some really spooky and surreal episodes mostly written by the creator of Babylon 5 and ghost designs by the creator of Duckman and if you just want eye candy, you can do better than an angsty 90s goth chick.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.