[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ironic how this scene has all of the things the OT Elitists pretend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: onlyamasterofevildarth.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
onlyamasterofevildarth.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
Ironic how this scene has all of the things the OT Elitists pretend the fights in the prequels had. Awful dialogue? (And yes, the dialogue in the prequels was pretty bad too, but no worse than this) "Only a Master of Evil, Darth!" Check. Horrible choreography with overly flashy and impractical moves? Spin move, check. Bad acting? Check, Alec Guiness even admitted he phoned in his wooden performance. Lack of emotion? You bet your ass.

Looking at this scene makes me feel good for loving the prequels. If the majority of people think THIS fight is better than the exciting and emotionally heartbreaking Anakin v.s Obi Wan, I'm glad to be in the minority.
>>
>>64442968
How is the spin move cinematography? You clearly are baiting/no idea what you are talking about. It's choreography you dense memester
>>
File: 1399598390005.jpg (149 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1399598390005.jpg
149 KB, 5000x5000
>the exciting and emotionally heartbreaking Anakin v.s Obi Wan
>>
File: Does it look like a give a frog.jpg (115 KB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
Does it look like a give a frog.jpg
115 KB, 388x388
>>64443045

>It's choreography you dense memester

That's what the post says you fucking turkey
>>
>>64442968

Oh cool it's the stale new meme

Yaaaaaaaawn

Wow. Did you have a smirk on your stupid greasy face when you typed out all that garbage? Are you getting a dopamine rush just by reading this reply? Well you have fun however you can, I guess.
>>
>>64442968
>watching choreographed fights

Do you play with dolls too?
>>
>>64443114
>I'm a Plinkett fanboy enjoy a smug anime face
>>
>>64442968
>implying this is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZD-6B1S3qA
>>
>>64443167
It's whinne the pooh
>>
File: shrwtz.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
shrwtz.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>64442968
It's amazing. The light saber of Obi Wan losing power as a cock metaphor was next level that all cinema should strive for.
>>
Old men poking sticks at each other
>>
>>64443195

I've never understood what people expected for them to say in that moment

they're both overcome by emotion and confusion and are probably nearly at a loss for words, Anakin is on full Dark Side intoxication

to me the brevity and straightforward nature of their exchange is more impactful, and I remember it a lot better

Did you want some Disney quips?

>Hehe, so who talks first, do I talk first? You talk first?
>>
>>64442968
Hello reddit!
We don't care about your shit taste
We don't care about your weird attraction to trash
Bye!
>>
>>64443167
The ANH lightsaber duel wasn't very good.

But that doesn't make the RotS duel good, ESB and RotJ both have better duels.
>>
>>64443217
It's western animé.
>>
>>64443281
So in his anger and rage he comes out with this well put together argumenative statement?
>from my point of view the Jedi are evil!
Doesn't sound filled with rage at all. It's just bad dialog
>>
>>64443404
It's more organic and more fitting then what some old aging fart would say after having 10 years to think about
>>
>>64442968
this fight is a joke

every fight in the OT is a joke
>>
>>64443289
>we
hello reddit
>>
>>64443404

He understands that Obi Wan hasn't gone through his experience and that's all he can leave it at

he's not going to sit here and make an extended appeal to him
>>
>>64443160
>hey reddit i HATE the prequels, OT is way better
>im such an old fag XD
>please accept me
>>
>>64443504
It's not at all organic
I don't even hate the prequels but you must be legitimately fucking autistic to think this dialog is even mediocre
It's irredeemable horrendous shit
>>
>>64442968
The ROTS battle is horrible, I don't understand how anyone can like it.
>>
>>64443404
Write a better one right now.
>>
>>64443758
I'm not him, but even just
>the Jedi are evil!
would have been better though still awful.
>>
>>64443616
Episode III has the best writing of all of the Star Wars movies. It may not be the best, but the other movies are train wrecks in comparison.
>>
>>64442968
something all of the OT elitists fail to understand is this

this series is not an epic, it's an opera
it's got shitty dialogue & more cheese the the entirety of france
>>
>>64443909

And that goes for every single fucking episode

the OT is chock full of trite one-liners and odd exchanges, it's not meant to be the pinnacle of cinema, it's a soap
>>
>>64443851
>of all the stars wars movies
Too obvious bait
>>
>>64443979
>Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace...a larger view of the Force. Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin. They fear you. In time, they will destroy you. Let me show you the true nature of the Force. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi! Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.
-Sheev
Tell me how that's not better than anything in the OT? OT elitists need to stfu, no one cares if you're some old fart wannabe that wants to watch crusty, overrated 70's film and nothing else because reddit gives you your opinions
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.