[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did you like it /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: 624.jpg (81 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
81 KB, 720x1080
did you like it /tv/?
>>
ya
>>
na
>>
Ya, digged that the line delivery was appropriately researched and coherent with the time period, compared to The Hateful Eight which is for the most part overexaggerated and ultimately distracting in a negative way.
>>
>>64441435
>appropriately researched
How do you know this?
>coherent with the time period
How do you know this?
>The Hateful Eight which is for the most part overexaggerated and ultimately distracting in a negative way
This is true.
>>
>>64441475
Ha ha, nevermind, I thought I had read somewhere that Hardy's accent was Appalachian but now that I've checked he practically said that he just half assed it.
>>
>>64441651
At least it isn't as annoying as the Mexican in H8, I speak spanish and boy, it blows my mind how bad Demian Bichir's line delivery was, surprised because he's a native speaker.

Maybe it's Tarantula's direction fault.
>>
Bears cant move that fast but other than that it was ok
>>
watched it on acid during a bad trip, it was very cathartic.
>>
>>64441838
bears are fuckin fast
>>
>>64441734
Mexicans do sound like morons.
>>
>>64441838
I haven't seen the movie, but bears are fast as hell.
>>
>>64441081
first half was 9/10
second half was 5/10
7/10 result
>>
>>64441918
yeah but like I said, it was overexaggerated to the point that it was distracting and unrealistic, I say that as a Spanish speaker
>>
File: c'mon...jpg (324 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
c'mon...jpg
324 KB, 1200x1200
>>64441435
>>64442162
>overexaggerated

Few things bother me as much as linguistic redundancy, to be honest.
>>
>>64442162
although maybe that's his point, can't think of any character in a Tarantula film that speaks like a normal person would
>>
japanese version was superior
>>
>>64442279
>few things bother me as much as linguistic redundancy, to be honest
>to be honest
wow
>>
>>64442147
the bear scene was very believable, it worked well to show how a bear toying with someone would look like.
>>
>>64441838
Well..they can so..
>>
>>64442279
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/overexaggerate

still a valid expression though, implies not only exaggerating, but exaggerating in a way that is excessive for the given context
>>
>>64441081
I think I've just about decided it was my second favourite film of 2015
After Beasts of No Nation
Haven't fully decided how I feel about the Big Short yet

so yes
>>
>>64442445
All are American productions.
How does it feel to be uncultured?
>>
>>64442445
All of these are shit.
>>
>>64441081
The only redeeming part to this movie are the shots they took. They were well done.

Outside of that, it was pure shit. Was I supposed to be against Tom and rooting for Leo? Tom was the only sane one in the forgettable cast and said what should have been done.

Like seriously, who the fuck was the person that died at the end when they were looking for Tom? I can't even remember any of their names.
>>
>>64442630
I 90% watch english-language films.
There are too many films released each year to attempt to go beyond that and enough decent english-language films to satisfy my tastes. You have to literally be a pretentious elitist fuck for more than 30% of all films you watch not to be english-language

I don't give a shit what your mum said, it doesn't make you cultured to be able to talk about Japan's best films of 2015 when you haven't seen the majority of oscar-nominated films

>implying the oscars are worth shit
No, course not. But they are very culturally relevant. And I pay more attention the culture I actually live in than one that will impress some fat internet weeb autist
>>
>he survives a bear attack, doesn't break any limbs or his spine after repeatedly getting pummeled to the ground, get's his throat slashed and doesn't bleed out
>bear doesn't even get angry after being shot
>too weak to resist being burried alive, in a few hours he's strong enough to dig himself out and survive on his own
>kid get's stabbed in the gut, starts spitting out blood
>glass swims in ice cold water for hours and doesn't freeze to death or pass out from the cold, get's out of water and doesn't even shiver, a small fire dries all his wet clothes and keeps him warm enough to survive
i guess his determination for revenge to catch bane shifts reality in his favour
>>
>>64441081
This is the most meme stereotypical indians are deep an enlightened movie i've ever seen. Why do whites love being cucks.
>>
>>64442753
>pleb alert
>>
>>64442964
forgot to mention how a tree was enough to soften his fall off a cliff and how the indians didn't bother to check if he's alive afterwards
>>
>>64442780
kek, maybe you have ADD, the plot isn't that hard to follow anon
>>
>>64443352
i know the plot isn't, it's just that everyone is so forgettable that after a day i have already forgotten the characters.
>>
>>64443412
I watched it two weeks ago and I can remember Glass, Fitzgerald, the Indian chief and his kidnapped daughter, Glass' kid, that other kid that stayed behind to take care of Glass, the hunting party leader (the guy who is scalped at the end), that Indian who is also looking for revenge that helps him, the French party, and of course tha burr, etc.

That's the basic outline of the characters, maybe you just don't pay attention anon.
>>
>>64443648
and you're just naming them as "the guys"

I know that there are characters in that movie besides tom, leo and the bear. It's just evident that even for you, they're forgettable by the fact that you refer to them as "the guy, glass' kid" etc

I'm not asking for an hour long in depth background information session on each and every character but, I mean fuck, I should at least be able to remember their names.
>>
>>64441081
The final fight has ruined everything for me.
Nearly Every other fight scene I watch now looks awful.
>>
>>64441435
>overexaggerated
The things this guy survives are more unrealistic than anything in hateful 8
>>
>>64443759
I was referring to the line delivery
>>
I liked everything except him falling off a cliff. Completely unnecessary
>>
>>64443719
maybe I don't remember their names, but their motives and the part they play in the plot is clear to me
>>
File: 1450667145928.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1450667145928.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
Post leo's face when Hardy gets the oscar for best supporting.

Leo was good, but Hardy was so much better it wasn't even funny. He literally made the movie into an 8 or 9/10.

>leo's face when
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1401x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1401x722
>>64443937
Like a crappier old boy
>>
8/10
It would've been 9/10 if Bale was the lead
>>
>>64443971
>tfw your supporting actor and the bad guy of the movie is more likeable than your character
>>
>>64444278
>racist
>stabs children
>only thinks of himself
>coward
Ofcourse you'd like him.
>>
>>64444278

I mean, he was right- everything bad that happened was leo's fault, and he got everyone killed. He deserved to die. /pol/ is always right.
>>
>>64444326
>friends killed by indians
>reasonably questions glass and his kid about how they survived being captured/killing an officer
>thinks of the group over the life of one person
>kills glass' son because he's being a fucking retard yelling in indian lands

Literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>64443719
their names really aren't important at all though, and that's okay.
>>
I read that the bear attack was super realistic. Thats what the bear experts said .
>>
>>64444326
Survival of the fittest, motherfucker. Glass was dead weight, it was only a matter of time before the natives caught up to them if they didn't abandon him.
>>
>>64444390
>reasonably questions glass
Fitzgerald wanted to stay on the boat and the people who stayed on the boat got fucking massacred.
>thinks of the group over the life of one person
He thought of his own life, that's literally his character.
>kills glass' son because he's being a fucking retard yelling in indian lands
After trying to murder his father, you would cry like a bitch too.
>>
>>64444390
he stayed behind to protect glass for extra cash and killed him anyway, that's dindu territory
>>
>>64444499
>Thats what the bear experts said .
>the bear experts

Who, that Timothy Treadwell guy?
>>
>>64444390
>>64444508
this desu

>>64444326 this is your brain on liberalism.

Glass should've stayed in his cabin writing letters to the archaic version of reddit like a good little cuck.
>>
File: 1446505910405.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1446505910405.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>64444598
>le cuck meme
>le reddit meme
>le sjw meme
>>
so why were people shitting on the bear scene?
>>
fucking tree niggers
>>
>>64444727

It's a pretty fucking good scene, I think everyone said "The bear rapes leo" and I can see where that comes from but the scene is actually really good (no the bear doesn't actually rape him)

>>64444863
Kek.
>>
>>64444996
yeah i thought the bear scene was great too, was confused why people thought it was bad
>>
>>64442361
It was super beliefable except for the fact that bears cant move that fast, other than that I had no problem with the bear or the movie
>>
>>64445072
>fast
he runned like a normal bear dude he wasnt fucking sonic
>>
>>64441838
You're an idiot...you know that right?
>>
>>64445072
he wasnt even moving fast though, pretty normal bear mph
>>
I like how people shit on Fitzgerald without realizing it's all about survival

>b-but what he did was mean!

suck a dick, faggots. He wanted to live.
>>
>>64445072
>bears cant move that fast
are you fucking kidding me, bears are fast as fuck.

>beliefable
fuck you.
>>
>>64445703
>He wanted to live.
He wanted to get paid, he chose to stay behind with Glass.
>>
>>64445703
>volunteer to stay behind
>try to kill a guy who can't even speak
>fail
>kill his son
yeah, great survival skills
>>
File: mom.jpg (19 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
mom.jpg
19 KB, 360x480
the blink your eyes scene was godo
>>
>>64441081
Great cinematography and some gorgeous shots, and the themes and setting really reminded me of a Cormac McCarthy novel. Leo's character wasn't too interesting, but Tom played it out well. His voice is still muffled though like he was wearing the Bane mask. Good movie and worth watching if you're a fan of McCarthy and want an adaptation as close to Blood Meridian without being BM as you can get.
>>
>>64442825
>You have to literally be a pretentious elitist fuck for more than 30% of all films you watch not to be english-language

No, you just have to not be American you dim, narrow-minded twat
>>
>>64446766
>speak retarded first-language
>on an english language board anyway
>assume only americans speak english (hint is in the name really)
>accuses me of being narrow-minded

kek, the irony, it's too much
go fuck yourself back to whatever shithole you came from kiddo ;)
>>
>>64445703
>He wanted to live
HE WAS A GOOD BOY
HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>64444727
It moved way too fast, but other than that small detail it was a pretty good movie
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.