[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPACE COP FINAL TRAILER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: space cop.png (272 KB, 621x375) Image search: [Google]
space cop.png
272 KB, 621x375
RedLetterMedia SPACE COP FINAL TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjjiE0OD4K0

It's here you frauds.
>>
>>64433397
>IT"S MEANT TO BE BAD
fucking hacks
>>
ironic bad movies are still bad
>>
>>64433397
Hi, Jay.
>>
I chuckled a few times

Might watch just for Rich Evans
>>
Looks like something Adam Sandler would make.
>>
>>64433397
>dat ironman mask scene
topkek
can't wait to torrent this
>>
File: 1946603.jpg (73 KB, 1075x633) Image search: [Google]
1946603.jpg
73 KB, 1075x633
>>64433397
Hi, Jay :3
>>
>>64433397

this trailer kinda sucks tbhf. i was excited before this

also
>tfw jay has exclusive editor credit
>>
>We're doing it IRONICALLY! We could make a good movie if we really wanted to, honest.
>>
>That Nadine return
>That Nadine titty cleavage

Highlight of the trailer.
>>
>>64433518
mike was too busy jerk off to pictures of kylo with rich to edit
>>
>>64433397
I chuckled a little. Dat Nadine.
>>
>those thick milwaukee girls
>>
File: 1447646447835.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447646447835.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>64433518

lol all that work jack did editing and he didn't even get a credit the absolute cuckman
>>
File: 1328891235284.jpg (73 KB, 281x334) Image search: [Google]
1328891235284.jpg
73 KB, 281x334
>>64433397
Rich sounds like Charlie Sheen

>implying Garth Marenghi's Darkplace didn't do intentionally bad spoof 80's kitsch already
>>
I know that Mike acts bad on purpose, but there is a small part of that bad acting that feels genuine.
>>
What is with RLM and that slow fake walk in place thing they do?
They seem to use that gag as much as possible. Do they really think it's that funny?
>>
Rich actually looks pretty good in this. Reminds me of a Troma movie but way better. Will watch tbqh.
>>
>that freddie williams II cameo

nice i'm legitimately excited for this film
>>
>>64433397
Shouldn't these people know how to make a trailer by now? They put enough of them into their reviews.

Fucking awful and boring and makes me want to not see it.
>>
Omg this looks hilarious I can't wait
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x200
>tfw Max Landis is indisputably the most talented filmmaker on RLM
>>
Looks shitty tbqhwy famadamdingdong.
>>
>>64433397
I'm a diehard, watch their videos the minute they come out, post in every RLM thread, /tv/ autist.

Even I think this looks dumb.
>>
>another "our online popularity have peaked so lets do a good bye to our fans film by bring in our fan favourites" film
jesus chirst
>>
>tfw I'd be more interested in an earnest attempt by RLM to make an indie film just to see how good or bad it'd actually be
>>
File: African_Shoebill.jpg (68 KB, 532x799) Image search: [Google]
African_Shoebill.jpg
68 KB, 532x799
>>64433397
The sound quality is awful, do they not know how to mic up properly?

For a bunch of tryhard internet film critics they know fuck all about audio
>>
>>64433526
Has RLM ever said this? Ever?

No? Okay.
>>
>>64433397
Unrelated but RLM came out with a video about ADS and how many new capeshit and other films were coming out.
I can't find that video anymore, it was like three months ago maybe.
Can anyone help me?
>>
>1:03

That chick literally has no ass.
>>
>>64433649
Jack didn't edit the movie
>>
>>64433804
>I"M RETARDED!!!
good job!
If you think mike is actually trying and acting you are retarded!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx-2EDIzS-g
>>
>>64433801
And they've been doing this for such a long time too..
>>
So why is Sharknado unfunny and bad for being "so bad it's good" on purpose, but this isn't?

Hot Fuzz is a parody of specific genres but it's still good. It doesn't rely on the "so bad it's good" factor. The film is well-made and hilarious.

Mike even said in one of the Plinkett behind-the-scenes videos about a special effect: "the worse it looks, the funnier it will be".

These guys are hack frauds.
>>
>>64433840
jack doesn't even have a part
>>
will linkara and douge kill themselves after they see this
>>
File: AVGNposter.jpg (103 KB, 600x921) Image search: [Google]
AVGNposter.jpg
103 KB, 600x921
>Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>64433862
>Mike even said in one of the Plinkett behind-the-scenes videos about a special effect: "the worse it looks, the funnier it will be".
Yeah that was a dreadful look into the mind of Mike. It clearly shows he's little more than a poopoo joke tard.

Feeding Frenzy wasn't so bad, hopefully this SC movie won't go to far in the "so bad it's gud" area. FF had little of that, it was mostly a straight forward movie with odd characters.
>>
>>64433862
Sharknado was a fun and stupid movie for the sake of people who made it and the audience understood that.

Here they are making a bad movie for the fans and "bad movie" consists of different things for a large range of people. Plus they're doing it cause they know they couldn't actually make a decent movie if they were even given Tim and Eric's movie budget.
>>
>>64433691
Yeah doing it three of four times in the last 10 years is WAY TOO MUCH!
>>
>>64433801
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJuz70OHrxE&t=3m13s

Just watch for a minute, a minute and a half, until the dialogue starts. It's so jarring and awful that the build-up is worth it, and will give you a newfound appreciation for anyone who knows how to record audio even semi-competently.
>>
>>64433939
dude this looks 100 times better than anything James did
>>
>>64433970
Oh they could make it. It would just be boring. They did wedding filming for years. They get the gist of lighting, camera angles, all that jazz.
They're main problem is script writing. I doubt they could come up with an interesting script if it wasn't one of these "so bad it's good" comedies.

Maybe they could do a sci-fi action movie or something.
>>
>>64434009
>various HitB episodes
>those SW click bait videos
>space cop
Nah, they really do use that gag a lot. It wouldn't be that noticeable if it was a funny gag.
>>
>>64434046
3 Point lighting isn't hard one bit. It's pacing, script writing and direction given to the actors that makes or breaks your movie.
>>
>>64433801
Sounded fine to me. What specifically are you referring to?
>>
File: 1440244883913.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1440244883913.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>64433397
wait they'll sell this?
>>
File: hair pull.webm (2 MB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
hair pull.webm
2 MB, 500x344
Being ironically bad is still being bad.
>>
>>64434114
For patreon fans
>>
>>64434100
Yup, they're camera monkeys who have some decent ideas on directing. That's it.

They'd do well if they teamed up with a script monkey. Like Max Landis
>>
DUDE ITS BAD ON PURPOSE SO NO ONE CAN CRITICIZE IT AND OUR FEELINGS WON'T GET HURT LMAO
>>
Rich Evans is the comedy powerhouse of this trio. It's really shocking how schlubby and inept a guy can be AND CAN THEN ACT. It's like, pouring sugar on top of cake.

When is he going to be recognized for what he is, by someone other than Mike?
>>
>b movie
>ironically bad

niggas this looks good

you guys probably think Bad Taste is "ironically bad" too
>>
>>64433801
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>64433691

It's been a trademark gag since their early days and is specifically the final gag in the original, ten year old Space Cop trailer they made for fun. This one's meant to be a callback but I actually laughed because of the real cops trying to get past them.

>>64433794

They already made one, it was their first feature length film and it's dull and self indulgent.
>>
>>64434169
DUDE IVE NEVER SEEN ONE OF THEIR MOVIES AND DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT
>>
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
>>64434166
>They'd do well if they teamed up with a script monkey. Like Max Landis

I want this to happen so much.
>>
File: 1419485792039.jpg (26 KB, 371x280) Image search: [Google]
1419485792039.jpg
26 KB, 371x280
>>64434166
>Max Landis

The dude wrote one good script (Chronicle) and bitched the whole time when studios actually picked up his shitty scripts.
>>
File: 1419402163486.gif (1 MB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
1419402163486.gif
1 MB, 200x195
>>64434217
>He has this saved in a word document
>>
>>64434229
That's because the EVIL STUDIO SYSTEM completely BUTCHERS his scripts, which always have more depth to them.

It's like you don't even read his YouTube comments.
>>
>>64433794
Did you not see their horror movie?
>>
File: Ugluk.jpg (49 KB, 265x193) Image search: [Google]
Ugluk.jpg
49 KB, 265x193
>>64434155
Totally forgot about patreon, where people pay nerds to do stupid shit liked this. And there are people out there who think internet isn't easy money.
>>64434217
can i save this rare pasta senpai?
>>
>>64433811
>64433811
BUMP
>>
>>64434306
>Internet isn't easy money

With friends it's easy

Without it's more time consuming to attract subs
>>
Seriously what's so bad about the sound in that trailer? Everything is clear and mixed properly.

The acoustics when Mike is yelling in the rain are fucked up a little bit but other than that?
>>
>we hate movies that are intentionally bad
>here's an intentionally bad movie anyway
>>
>>64433794
so why aren't Feeding Frenzy and Space Cop "indie films"

because they're not serious?
>>
>>64434335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0C_Dnt7k_0
>>
>>64434269
>I wanna be like daddy and write movies

He was born this way
>>
>>64434186
Fucking THIS!

At this point, saying RLM is "ironically bad" has become a meme spewed by retards that haven't even seen their movies
>>
>>64434148
Is this webm from Blue is the Warmest Colour?
>>
>>64433794
What was it called?
>>
Why is Mike's acting in HitB better than in their feature movie?
>>
The Recovered was legitimately good, seriously.
This is just meh. At least feeding frenzy was funny.
>>
>>64433397
>LITERAL RECORD SCRATCH
And there goes all my hope for this
>>
>itt: people who don't know anything about anything

mike and jay love schlocky b-movies, why the fuck are you expecting them making serious dramas?
>>
>>64433397

Oh wow.

That TOTALLY looks like it took years and lots of money and time to produce. Not something done in a month and not something used as an cheap excuse for where the Plinkett videos and Patreon cash went.
>>
File: halfinthebag.jpg (88 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
halfinthebag.jpg
88 KB, 600x337
>So Jay, what did you think of "Based Cop"?
>Well Mike, I liked it. It did what it set out to do, you know, which is a fun little throwback to 80s schlock sci-fi. What did you think?
>I hated it. Uh, it sucked.
>Yeah me too.
>>
>>64434406
>that haven't even seen their movies

This is a meme also.

I've only seen Feeding Frenzy and I enjoyed it, but you can't doubt these guys are doing the same thing as Sharknado.

I'm sure there'll be good jokes and some charm to the lo-fi effects, but that's also true of Sharknado. They're setting out to do the same thing: appear like a genre B-movie that's funny because it's bad, except this time the bad parts are intentional. Samurai Cop and The Room weren't aiming to have those bad parts, that's just how they turned out (and it's why they're funny).
>>
>>64434544
Because only dramas are considered "real" movies when it's convenient for anons to use that argument.
>>
>>64434586
If you can't tell the difference between Feeding Frenzy and Sharknado, then you are literally retarded.
>>
>>64434186
This.

It looks like a light-hearted comedy movie, not a bad movie. Yes, if you say the characters are dumb or make bad choices, you're missing the point. If you say the dialogue or the directing fall flat, that's a valid complaint because they did care about those things. People pretend they can't see the difference just because it's RLM.
>>
>>64434597
and the people posting that don't even watch indie dramas lmao

/tv/ sucks
>>
>>64434544

I don't care what their reason is for making it, I'm just wondering why they would think anyone wants to watch this shit. The "schlocky B-movies" they love weren't made by self-aware hipsters trying to emulate a style. They were made by untalented people with low budgets, often as some kind of money-laundering or tax fraud scheme.

These guys are literally just making a bad movie on purpose, it doesn't look funny, it just looks like they're copping out on the fact that they don't actually have the talent or ideas to make anything good. Not a "serious drama," just anything good. They don't have it in them.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (25 KB, 572x530) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
25 KB, 572x530
I'd rather rewatch Timecop or I Come in Peace than this shitty homage shit. Looks terrible, except for Nadine's big jugs
>>
>>64434571

Every time.
>>
>>64433397
I thought it'd be named Cuck and Cucker
>>
>>64434471
Ugh, it's bad ON PURPOSE, dumbass. It's what makes it funny.
>>
>>64434663
> I'm just wondering why they would think anyone wants to watch this shit.

the style of comedy is same as in their show and that has an audience. why wouldn't the same people watch this?

space cop probably won't get them any new fans since it looks very niche but that the same time it looks totally Mike and Jay while not being pandering to fans like the AVGN movie
>>
This got into Telluride
>>
>>64434402
thanks so muchc pal
>>
Truly the Clerks of our generation. This is Mike's break into the big time.
>>
>>64434544
>we're doing a bad movie on purpose!

oh ok, why not try making a good one for once?
>>
File: 1432937830229.png (213 KB, 676x473) Image search: [Google]
1432937830229.png
213 KB, 676x473
I've been going through 4plebs for a while now, and after several months of sifting through everything I can conclude that this is approximately the 1,338th thread /tv/ has had about anything related to RedLetterMedia.

That's thirteen-hundred threads of pretending to care about these people and sarcastically getting excited over anything they do.

1,300+ hours you all have spent keeping this one-off joke alive.

I'm not going to try and insult you or anything, I just wanted you all to know the extent of your lives you are dedicating to this staged play of a following.
Good day.
>>
They're clearly just using the in-built microphone on the video camera in most of it
>>
they shot this over a period of like 7 years right? is that why some scenes look good and others look like they were shot in 4:0:2 with an HD camera from 2006 and its zoom kit lens?
>>
>>64434753

Because they can't.
>>
It looks like fun. Will probably be almost as good as Linkara's movie.
>>
>>64434663
>Why would these guys that have a large audience think anyone wants to watch something they made?
Literal autism.
>>
>>64434789
Am I being memed on with this shit? It sounds perfect to me, what am I not hearing?
>>
>>64434544
yes
>>
>why are some people doing something they like and have fun doing instead of phoning it in and doing something to that maybe plays at sundance and will be forgotten in a month
>>
>>64434753
They like capeshit, star wars, the new jurassic park, etc. You really think they have the ability or even desire to make a good movie?
>>
>>64434753
They have literally never made a "bad on purpose" movie.
>>
>>64434544
I think the problem is in the way that's done.

Feeding Frenzy was a actually good because it was just a schlocky b-movie, barely if any self-awareness in it, it didn't felt like it's ''bad stuff'' was on purpose, you couldn't, ''ironically like it''.

This feels a little too wink-wink, and that's maybe just because of the trailer, but still. It just leaves a bad taste on my mouth.

Well, I'll still buy it (by that I mean I'll torrent it because I give them 5 bucks a month) and watch it, because it still has solid ideas, like the buddy-cop being one from the 50's, there's some good jokes like that iron man visor and Nadine is always a good reason to watch anything.
>>
>>64434017
The opening narration is bad enough desu
>>
Do they honestly expect anyone to pay for this shit? It looks like Nostalgia Critic's To Boldly Flee which at least had the benefit of being free to watch.
>>
Movie critics making a movie is the dumbest thing you can do. It almost killed Ebert's career but I suppose going the purposely bad route is the way to go because they will just feign disinterest when called out on their shit and say it was supposed to be bad. Kinda like when Jon Stewart would go OY VEY I'M JUST A COMEDIAN when he goes too far with his ranting.
>>
>>64434830
nah you being memed the audio is fine

I study sound design and it sounds fine to me
>>
>>64434789
But...they're not. They're clearly not.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
It's gonna be great
>>
>>64434850

>instead of phoning it in

judging by the trailer this looks pretty phoned in t b h
>>
remember when ebert wrote an ironically bad movie
>>
ITT a bunch of autists with no friends and no ambition complaining about a group of friends that actually accomplish something
>>
I laughed at the Iron Man gag.

This movie is going to be awesome.
>>
I like how they knock b-movies/bad movies but their lighting is still atrocious than most of those movies.
It just feels like college kids shooting on HD handicams.
>>
>>64434806
>inb4 IT'S GOOD, IT TOOK 7 YEARS TO MAKE
>>
>There's a 90% chance this will work!
>I don't like those odds

Come on, that's actually funny.
>>
>>64434806
So it's a little more than half as good as Boyhood? It's gonna be great!
>>
>>64433691
it's the running gag
>>
>>64434943
I remember him having journalistic integrity and not reviewing his own movies that he co-wrote.

And yeah, he was part of bad movies. But he got to work with his friend russ so it's all good. Plus I'm sure his bud got him some decent lays.
>>
looks better than Avengers 3 and Batman vs Superman
>>
>>64433446
/thread
>>
>>64434952
this

this place is retarded

imagine peter jackson releasing Bad Taste in 2016

>lmao this is just bad on purpose!!
>effects look like shit
>why don't you make serious films
>>
>>64435119
Hi Jay!
>>
Jay is barely in this trailer. Why isn't he contributing anything to Space Cop?
>>
>knock Boyhood for it's shooting length and how "boring" it was to them
>their movie took much too long and it looks awful
>"it's suppose to be bad"

Fuck off RLM.

If you want a real movie that took forever to do (2 years of editing by one dude) and is influenced by b-movies and is actually GOOD, check out Manborg.
>>
>>64435156
You mean besides directing and editing it?
>>
So Mike, Rich, and Jay circle-jerked onto a blu-ray and expect people to buy it.
>>
Rich Evans is going to carry the movie.

He's the only one who sounds like he's actually acting. Mike is doing that same impression he does on Half in the Bag when he's talking about a big producer or a Hollywood fat cat. I can see that getting old really fast.
>>
>>64435119

But he didn't release it in 2016, and his premise was actually original in 1987.
>>
RLM feature films, or "they can't say we failed if we make it clear that we didn't try!"
>>
File: 2550464.jpg (26 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
2550464.jpg
26 KB, 299x300
>>64435119
Bad Taste is a billion times better than anything RLM's done though...
>>
You would think that plinkett is more profitable by now.

They've had to pay colin and that other canada faggot for vfx, they've had to spend all this time and money on sets. the overhead has to be huge compared to people who will actually buy space cop

with plinkett you put your head down for a couple months to release a review, and it gets a shit ton of views since everyone been waiting.

they could have released 2 new ones by now.
>>
Did they show off a bit of Hitomi Tanaka at 1:47?

As for the movie itself, if it weren't for the fact that it was RLM making it, or if it were free, I dont think I'd watch it. Looks kind of boring.
>>
>>64435212

>I can see that getting old really fast

I could barely make it through the trailer
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 444x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 444x618
>>64434952
Ugh, so much this *sigh*
>>
>>64433473
Except that RLM didn't spend $30 million on it.
>>
>>64435119
But Bad Taste was shot with a lot of effort. Jackson pretty much made everything him self. The crane, the steadicam rig, the masks, the guns; all him.
>>
the ultimate irony is if they review their own movie in Half in the Bag.

>Jay: you know...I see what they were trying to do. They obviously wanted to create an homage to those cheesy movies from the 80s and it's all very tongue in cheek. But that's all the movie has going for it. "You see? Remember this funny thing? Haha. Remember THIS thing? Oh look he isn't really a space-cop, just an actor in a suit. Now laugh!". So....nice try...better luck next time?
>Mike: I liked it
>Jay: You liked it?
>Mike: Yeah, it was endearing in some way. You could see they really poured their heart and soul into this movie.
>Jay: well yeah. That's true but it didn't really connect with me. But I guess you have a point there.
>>
>>64434148
and ignoring intent seems pretty short sighted.
>>
>>64435267
>you can make money on youtube using copyright footage

Lol fag... Fair use allows you to have it online, but you can't make money out of it.
>>
>>64435298
Neither does Sandler, unless you really count money laundering as spending money on a movie
>>
>>
>>64435183
Yes.
>>
>>64435289
Better than the AVGN movie tbqh pham
>>
>>64435289
I feel like this is a sarcastic post.

I don't know, maybe it's my autism
>>
>>64435323
And how is that different from RLM? They do everything themselves too.
>>
>>64435343
Wouldn't stop their Patreon from going up.
>>
>>64435343
oh didn't know that
>>
>>64435157
>knock Boyhood for it's shooting length
They didn't do this though. They actually said that they respected Linklater for taking an experimental and risky approach to shooting, but that they found the script flat and uninspired.
>>
>>64435323
so did Mike and Jay
>>
Don't they have digital video that looks like film now?
>>
haha dude its supposed to be bad

you guys heard of irony haha

we shit on all these AAA films in our reviews but ours is only ironically bad :^)
>>
>>64435343

That's where Patreon scamming comes in.
>>
Good B-movies: We know this is cheap and shitty, but we did the best we could with what we had. Just try to run with it and have fun.

Bad B-movies: We know this is cheap and shitty. Isn't that hilarious? Let's milk that for all we can.
>>
>>64434029
You're literally insane if you think this looks better than the AVGN movie. At least the AVGN move looked like a movie, a bad one, sure, but it looked like a movie. This looks like some parody trailer made for youtube.
>>
>>64435382
Don't bother being reasonable or realistic in RLM threads. The autism is too strong.
>>
>>64435367
It's post ironic. It's a sincere post but displayed with irony.
>>
>>64435377

Because Peter Jackson did it thirty years ago, when a movie like that was actually a fresh idea.
>>
>>64435333
Yep, they shit on Kung Fury which is Space Cop but with good visuals.
>>
>>64435377
It felt like more care in Bad Taste then RLM did with this.
This seems like they went to make a bad movie, where Peter went and made an goofy movie with earnest.

Plus they didn't make everything. The Canadians made a few things for them and edited some bits, and the masks were done by some other guy.
>>
>>64435407
James, please
>>
>>64435427
how come it isn't a fresh idea now?

I actually wish there was more movies like Bad Taste coming out
>>
They have the resources to do better than this. I get it, it's not meant to be taken seriously, but intentionally taking shortcuts to make it look cheap like with that star on his shirt just bugs me.

Just weirds me out they would do this when they brought up on best of the worst that a movie genuinely trying and failing is always better than a movie intentionally failing and trying to make that failing funny.
>>
>>64435407
yeah. The production value behind every single Freddie Wong video must be higher and he pretty much worked out of the garage when he started out on youtube.
>>
>>64435440
Have you seen any of RLM's movies? You have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>64435440
Peter Jackson's friends also helped him in Bad Taste, it's not like he literally did everything by himself. he did the special effects, built props etc but for example when they blow up the house he had lots of people helping him building that.
>>
>>64435495
Feeding Frenzy is garbage. It's got their humour were it always does something stupid for no reason because it's funny when Mike does that or Rich is overacting.
Gorilla Interrupted is just a bunch of friends making a shit movie. It is what it is: shit.
>>
>>64435472

Exactly. That's the best they can hope for with this one. A movie "like" Bad Taste. An imitation. Whereas when Peter Jackson made Bad Taste, he was making some shit he hadn't seen before.
>>
just glad to see the Roundy's BOSS sandwich make its film debut
>>
File: 37402717-mjs_phaedra25p3.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1375) Image search: [Google]
37402717-mjs_phaedra25p3.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1375
hnnngh
>>
>>64435581
hello midwest friend
>>
>>64434663
>These guys are literally just making a bad movie on purpose, it doesn't look funny,
Congratulations on having an opinion, but it might surprise you that others find RLM to be funny.
>>
laughed at the porn ads
>>
>>64435567
Why the fuck is everyone talking about Bad Taste when Space Cop has nothing in common with Bad Taste? Other than the fact that they're both movies?
>>
>>64435641
you mean flicks
>>
>>64435452
aidsmoby, plz
>>
>>64435478
yes, it's not like b-movies try to make their costumes look intentionally trashy. It's just that the budget limitations don't allow for more than they have so they have to improvise and make due with what they have. It would have been cool if the costume design looked amazing in a "cheap" kind of way where you could see that they were on a low budget but tried their hardest to make it look cool.
>>
>>64435212

Jay will be the highlight regardless of his role. He was the best part of Feeding Frenzy.
>>
>>64435605

They can be funny in small doses, usually in a snarky way, when they're shitting all over the works of other (much more talented) filmmakers. But I suspect even you will get bored and exasperated before this movie is over
>>
>>64433397
See, this is one of the many reasons why I say comedy and parody genres are total shit. Well 99.9999% shit.
>>
>>64435676
>that ''what are you watching'' scene
Actually bretty good
>>
>>64433671
He literally has the same tone as Steve Rambo
>>
This movie would be 1000x better if Mike wasn't doing that horrible fucking accent. Why can't he just talk like normal person
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4958164/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1

This is what you guys should get excited for
>>
>>64435427
>Because Peter Jackson did it thirty years ago, when a movie like that was actually a fresh idea.

>digital cameras are a thing, no longer have to shoot on film
>digital editing is a thing
>with pc's you can do thing like wire removal giving you more freedom with special effects
>there's more information about special effects etc out there since people have been doing it for so long, you can literally walk in to a library and get a book by Tom Savini which teaches you everthing you need to know

"guys I don't think people should make indie genre movies anymore"

you're literally a retard
>>
>>64435743
I think it's supposed to be a 30's or 50's accent or some shit, 'cuz hes a cop from the past and all.

It does get old fast, tho
>>
>>64435743
he wants us to know that his performance is bad ON PURPOSE.
>>
File: 1421192827613.jpg (66 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
1421192827613.jpg
66 KB, 500x584
>>64435764
Oh fuck, they're actually doing this???
>>
>>64435649
You mean joint.
>>
File: 1449200970889.jpg (27 KB, 436x462) Image search: [Google]
1449200970889.jpg
27 KB, 436x462
>>64435764
AW SHIT, SON
>>
>>64435405
Sometimes the best B-material is even when the people behind it don't think of it as cheap or shitty, yet tried their hardest.
>>
>ITT maybe if I keep saying "intentionally bad" over and over it'll actually be true!!
>>
Nadine is hot af
>>
Just because you have a small budget and fantastical elements doesn't mean you have to use paper mache alien masks and cardboard sets. Nor do you have to use deliberately wooden acting.
>>
>>64435935
But if they didn't do these things they would have to accept criticism. In it's current state they can deflect it by saying they weren't trying.
>>
>>64435927
A lot of the costumes, sets, and acting appear to be genuinely bad.

Is that better?
>>
I'm a little ashamed at myself for chuckling at this trailer. The joke with the helmet cam full of porn got me.

On a more serious note, it seems like they need to work more on their ADR.
>>
>>64436044
Have they ever done this though? Why do RLM threads always project this?
>>
RedLetterMedia are too deeply immersed in a culture of cynicism and fear to take a bold risk on creating something that they could be proud of. Whether they're making sarcastic B movies or billion dollar blockbusters, any artist who realizes that they've lost the will to discover their potential should consider retirement.
>>
>>64436119
>durr it only counts as a "real" movie if it's a super serious drama
They make comedies because they enjoy making comedies. Get the fuck over it. Also, they have made a serious movie. It's called The Recovered and it's not bad.
>>
If it's not bad on purpose then it's just bad. Neither is a positive outcome for RLM.
>>
>>64436167
Who are you quoting?
>>
Well, it's much better than the last trailer.
>>
File: a42.png (280 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
a42.png
280 KB, 600x437
ITT
>>
>>64433397
still better lighting, camera work, and humor than fucking star wars.
>>
>Turbo Kid Fury 2 : The Reddit.
>>
RLM are fucking hacks, I could totally do a better movie if I had money and friends and skill.
>>
>>64435764
I just hope Len still tries in an earnest way instead of being all jokey now that he's friends with RLM.

Len buddy, if you're somehow lurking here, don't give up.
>>
>>64436119

>Their favorite franchises are expensive and elaborately-scoped films with multi-million dollar budgets
>They each clear a few grand a month to do what they do

Or it's because sarcastic B movies are actually a realistic goal. No one in /tv/ is actually in the trenches of any creative medium but for some reason you guys assume that every independent artist has the same means as people who pour millions into shows and movies you guys will ultimately be indifferent towards.

The reason why there's even a culture of cynicism is because the vast majority of consumers are idiots who like corporately-driven properties. It'd be a terrible investment for RLM to make a big-budgeted movie for a massively normie audience.

>"JEEEEWS WHO JUST WANT TO MAKE MONEY"

Or they're avoiding life-crushing debt. But again, this point can't be made to a board of people who've never felt the sting of financial responsibility. You can't argue budget and finance and entrepreneurship to people who can at best land a McJob and are living with their parents.
>>
>>64434017
>using hand held shots on a 30FPS camcorder for what needs to be 24p on a damn stand or track.

it stands out.
>>
>>64435764
Film of the year incoming
>>
Honestly I'd rather watch JAV
>>
>>64435357
I actually laughed at this
Sauce on Cum Slut Fuck Video
>>
>>64436358
You're just regurgitating pre-prepared rebuttals to points you've encountered before that the post you're replying to never actually made, you fucking retard.
>>
>>64435764
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4958164/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1
this is gonna be fun.
len is cool guy.
>>
>>64436333
This.

Guy has skills. I hope they're put to good use, instead of the whole thing being a self-aware parody of him.
>>
>>64436358
Bronson had a budget of $200,000, it's a good movie.
Paranormal activity had a budget of $15,000

RLM make $135,000 a year from patreon alone, and they don't have to pay for most of their cast and crew.

If they want to make deliberatly bad movies for the rest of their lives that's fine, I just wish, purely for my sake they would try to make something worthy of being in a theatre, and not just some Nostalgia Critic esque shit.
>>
>>64433420
its not meant to be bad, its just a low budget comedy.
>>
>>64433526
>>64433446
Its not ironic though.
>>
>>64436761
>they don't have to pay for most of their cast and crew
What are you basing this on?
>>
>>64436358
>you guys assume that every independent artist has the same means as people who pour millions into shows and movies you guys will ultimately be indifferent towards.

They already have most of the equipment.

With that alone, you can make a low-budget drama or comedy that's really good. It just takes some solid acting and/or a decent script. Clerks managed.

Making a science-fiction film with special effects and elaborate sets and fancy costumes is certainly ambitious, but they don't earn a free pass on the scripting and acting just because it's a sarcastic B-movie.
>>
>>64435764
>Looking at Mikes IMDB page
>Played Chet in that clown movie
>He just walks around aimlessly
>best work

Looks like Mike could be the next "Hey I remember that extra"
>>
>>64436761
>Paranormal activity had a budget of $15,000
You know what else had a budget of $15,000? Thousands of movies you've never heard of. When people bring up something like PA or Primer as examples of low budget movies that were successful, you know those are the exceptions to the rule, right?
>>
>>64436761
>$135,000 a year

I want calculations on this pronto.
>>
>>64436761
>RLM make $135,000 a year from patreon alone
And do you just assume that's "free" money that doesn't get dumped back into their day to day business operations? Do you have any clue how running a business even works?
>>
>>64436929
Maybe some of those are good though.

This has already had word of mouth, for at least two years before it was even finished.
>>
>>64437029
>This has already had word of mouth, for at least two years before it was even finished.
Okay. What's your point?
>>
>>64433397
Chuckled at I thought I smelled something fishy and the popup ads. Everything else was unfunny.
>>
>>64436901
link to the movie?
>>
>>64433691
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT'S RIGHT, JAY
>>
can't believe they ripped off the "flying CGI thing bumps into shit on takeoff" gag from TFA
>>
>>64434402
I fucking love these guys
>>
>>64435063
kek
>>
i cannot stand these guys
>>
>>64437260
Congratulations!
>>
>>64437084
There's a webm around with Mike seen in the background just walking. I'm sure someone here can provide the link to the movie for you
>>
>>64436961
they make $11k a month on patreon alone. Not to mention ad revenue.

I presume Mike, Jay and Rich at least get paid a salary out of it. Then they have a warehouse rented where they shoot most of their stuff.
>>
>>64437010
They also have a wedding video business that financed their earlier movie, Feeding Frenzy. They're using cheap sets, volunteers and an amateur actress. They're not strapped for cash.

They're not forced to make deliberately bad movies, it's their love of schlock and fear of criticism. And probably they want to spend some money on themselves.

And sure, they can do this. But they made careers out of criticising bad movies, can we not do the same to them?
>>
>>64437303
How much does merch go for on their site? I was considering buying their bottle opener but then thought better
>>
>>64437301
>just walking
He's JUGGLING, man.
>>
>>64437356
oh yeah... merch, they make money from that too. And bandcamp.

No idea how much their merch costs.
>>
>>64437304
>it's their love of schlock and fear of criticism
Well you got the first part right. People that try to claim they're making "intentionally bad" movies to "deflect criticism" are projecting hard. RLM know their limitations and just enjoy making weird comedy stuff. They've been more critical of their own work than most of their audience ever has been. It's a lot easier to criticize a movie than make one and they understand this.
>>
>>64434571
Wow, Mike only has one chin in this photo.
>>
>>64437408
That juggling gif? People don't actually think that's Mike for real, right? Because it clearly isn't.
>>
>>64437475
He's credited for it on IMDB

>>64437408
Oh yeah
>>
HaHa, this looks great : D. I love RLM!!

[note: Jay, make sure you don't post this twice in the same thread. It will look suspicious. - Mike]
>>
>>64437441
>RLM know their limitations
that's a nice way of saying that they're unambitious
>>
>>64437586
Nope, you're just retarded.
>>
>>64437586
If they were unambitious, they wouldn't have spent years making a feature film at all. They'd just coast by on easy web videos.
>>
>>64437586
I like how they try to branch out with Previously Recorded (which sucks) but at least they try
>>
>>64437586
This. "We know this car effect looks horrible but, you know, we had only $1000 for FX. When we saw the final product, we realized it was 'funnier' that way and kept it in."
>>
wonder how much money the mods take to allow the reddit leddit memedia shilling on here
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.