[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the most disappointing film of 2015 for you lads? Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: anomalisa-poster.jpg (110 KB, 517x755) Image search: [Google]
anomalisa-poster.jpg
110 KB, 517x755
What was the most disappointing film of 2015 for you lads? Pic related for me.
>>
>>64427970
Why did it disappoint you? I thought it was fantastic.

Anyway, Inside Out was the biggest disappointment for me. I suppose I just expected more from what people were saying was Pixar's best film
>>
>>64428426
I feel like the (admittedly impressive) stop motion work was used to make up for the weak script and boring characters really. Couldn't relate to any of the love themes either, as I'm a sperglord autist who has no experience there.
>>
File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (693 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
693 KB, 1280x1810
When I saw the trailer I thought Malick was back, it was just another "actor looks worried over pretty landscapes" bullshit
>>
File: themartianfeatured[1].jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
themartianfeatured[1].jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
Went into this almost blind and still was extremely disappointed.

Expected

>Somewhat serious examination of what being alone for long periods of time can do to a person i.e. Cast Away in space

In reality was

>Let me cut holes in my suit and fly around like iron man
>>
>>64428545
>as I'm a sperglord autist who has no experience there
not even just that, the age demo this was aimed at was what critic are: middle-aged men who can't get it up. I completely understand the 95 metacritic score. Shit movie for anyone under 40
>>
File: carol-poster.jpg (370 KB, 650x898) Image search: [Google]
carol-poster.jpg
370 KB, 650x898
most boring movie about lesbians I've ever seen.
>>
>>64427970
How the fuck could you have been disappointed by a Kaufman flick? You should have known it was pleb trash.
>>
>>64428644
>still going into Ridley Scott films with high expectations after the shitfest known as Prometheus
>>
The Tribe.

I get the whole gimmick, but not even having subtitles for the sign language was so fucking pretentious for no reason. I finished it, but it was a challenge, and I'm usually a fan of arthouse/indie film
>>
>>64428734

I honestly thought this was much worse that Prometheus.

All of the retarded plot holes aside, at least it had themes I could respect, it also was much better visually.
>>
>>64427970
What's up with posters being so fucking terrible nowadays.
>>
>>64428800
That's just Kaufman jerking himself off. It comes off as really desperate when a director staples review scores all over their poster.
>>
>>64428752
>even trying to watch this hipster bullshit
>>
>>64428782
I don't know how you can think that Prometheus was less mentally insulting to the audience's intelligence than The Martian.

I get why people didn't like Donald Glover's role as the LE BLACK SCIENCE MAN FROM REDDIT XDXDXD but it was nowhere nearly as obnoxious as when the characters were running away from a giant donut rolling towards them in Prometheus.

I can handle plotholes (especially in science-fiction films) but when supposedly intelligent characters start behaving like retards, I mentally check out.
>>
>>64428989
>how you can think that Prometheus was less mentally insulting to the audience's intelligence than The Martian

At least Promethues poses some questions of substance

i.e.

>How would an entity which created us perceive us?
>How would it react to A.I.

The Martian is literally empty.
>>
>>64427970
I was hyped to see this movie and ended up really let down. Just boring, boring, boring. The stop motion work was cool but the story around it was nothing special. Some asshole puppet with a mid-life crisis. Whoopee.

I wanted to like The Martian but that ended up being a hollow feel good snoozefest. I never once felt like Matt Damon's character was in any real danger or felt any connection to him. They should of just left his ass there. Wilson had more personality in Cast Away.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.