[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>KKKKCHHHHHHOOOOOOOWWWWW >VVRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM >KKKAAACCCCCCWHHOOOOOOOO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: hahalol.jpg (200 KB, 1295x799) Image search: [Google]
hahalol.jpg
200 KB, 1295x799
>KKKKCHHHHHHOOOOOOOWWWWW

>VVRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM

>KKKAAACCCCCCWHHOOOOOOOO

>KKSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>KKKRCHHRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>"I done the math. It checks out."
>>
File: 1450623220359.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1450623220359.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
>>64426590
>JPL: GONNA TAKE US MONTHS TO MAKE A NEW SHIP
why couldnt they just reuse old assets?
why engineer something completely new?
you could literally send a missile with a warhead of food.
>>
WE
>>
>>64426590
Kek
>>
WUZ
>>
I'm not into BBC but fuck Dong Lover is hot.
>>
>>64426590
This scene was just insulting. fucking reddit..
>>
>>64426666
Mars is really really far away. You don't just have parts capable of doing that lying around.
Especially not when they have built their starship thing, which eliminates the need for a rocket to do the trip.

They weren't engineering something completely new. They were building something old, but that it's going to fucking Mars. That's complicated and takes time.

Come on, man.
>>
LE SCIENCE xDDDD
>>
File: tfw.png (6 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
6 KB, 206x244
>movies going great
>suddenly mr meme shows up
>WE WUZ SCIENTISTS NIGGA

Why was this character even in the movie?

There wasnt any tension around whether his equation would work. Just cut this guy out. I know, I know, we lose the "hilarious" coffee scene - but the movie was long enough and had enough token minority scientists already.
>>
>>64426590
This nigger is such pleb at acting.
>>
File: 1450191433302.jpg (50 KB, 478x315) Image search: [Google]
1450191433302.jpg
50 KB, 478x315
>>64427039
do you have any idea how space travel works?
it does not matter how far away the target is as long as it can escape orbit.
the voyager is still operational going on forever.
did you just want to post something?
>>
File: 1440545395487.jpg (77 KB, 640x965) Image search: [Google]
1440545395487.jpg
77 KB, 640x965
>>64427056
>im going to science the shit out of this
>>
Big Bang Theory: The Movie
>>
They tried a lot harder than most of what I've seen as far as sci fi goes. I can't hate too hard
>>
>>64426590
Checked out the minute his character showed up.

I'm not all REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES but I hate this kind of character.

Yes, these kinds of people exist, but they don't talk to the head of fucking NASA. He's an unreliable borderline manic autist, there's no way he'd be working on that shit.

He existed solely to satisfy quota and draw in the (and I hate this phrase) reddit crowd.
>>
>>64427529
>Checked out the minute his character showed up.
this
>>
>>64427529
This. irl this nigga would be a code monkey working in some NASA farm filled with autists
>>
lmao and he didn't know the head nasa guys name xD

THE HEAD NASA GUY!!! XD

i let out a real guffaw when i heard that line, much laughs :)
>>
>>64427208
the point is it would take hella fucking delta V do you really not get this

nasa has a budget, they do not just have heavy lifters getting cobwebby in some warehouse 'just in case'
>>
>>64427700
LOLLL US NERDS AMIRITE
>>
>>64427137
must suck being so bitter.
>>
>>64427821
must suck being a huge faggot, like yourself.
>>
File: SqdzxzF.png (116 KB, 1464x2060) Image search: [Google]
SqdzxzF.png
116 KB, 1464x2060
>>64427745
Most delta-V is in ascent.

After that its chump change.

The fuel expenditure between reaching the Moon and reaching Mars is not actually that different. It almost takes as much dV to escape earth orbit than it does to go to Mars, land, and come all the way back.
>>
>>64427745
Theres a difference between sending a manned flight or a robot with sending a single rocket packed with supplies thats designed to fucking fall apart.
>>
>what if I cut a hole in my suit and fly to you like Iron Man?
>there is no way that will work, you're going to push yourself into space
>I'm gonna do it anyway
>it worked :-)
>>
>>64427966
Worst part of the film, by far

It was seemingly believable up until that point, which shattered any suspension of disbelief that you may have had. I really don't know why they included it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.