[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he need to be a horse? Did this show need the animal-humanoids?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Did he need to be a horse?

Did this show need the animal-humanoids?

Other than the occasional pun what did it add?
>>
>>64425216
The premise is the irony of the viewer connecting the most with a horse that's as human as you could possibly be.

Premises shouldn't add anything: they're premises.
>>
BACK IN THE 90s
>>
There's little jokes sprinkled through out the series. BoJack for example uses ketamine in some episode which is a horse tranquilizer. There is some shit like that.
>>
>>64425216

Good show. Glad /tv/ hates it
>>
>>64425707

It's a dissociative if you do anything but inject it.
>>
>>64425766
It is used for horses to tranquilize them.
>>
>>64425712
It's alright.
>>
>>64425712

It does? It's hugely entertaining, a tad silly in some areas but good
>>
>>64425971

They hate it because it's what contrarians do
>>
>>64425216
Animal puns and depression are the core of the show
>>
>>64425216

you cant have a serious cartoon set in our world, just doesnt work

ironically you need to suspend disbelief with a wacky 'cartoony' setting to get people emotionally invested, hence bojack and rick and morty
>>
The animal puns are the best part.
Vanessa Gekko turning out to just be a human was great.
>>
>>64425216
the puns actually make me laugh, which is something I would usually not admit to
>>
>>64425694
I was in a very famous T(eeeeee) V show !!
>>
if they were humans it would be just too depressing
>>
>>64425216
Bojak Manman would be a stupid name.
>>
>>64426160
This. I don't really understand why but it works.
>>
>>64426160

I loved BoJack so I decided to watch Rick and Morty after everyone wouldn't shut up about how great it was. Just finished the first season and it's... ok I guess?
Does it better in the second or is there something I'm missing because so far I'm pretty unimpressed desu.
>>
>Well, you see, this guy is living with depression after his acting career fails
>Eh
>The guy's a horse
>Sold! Howard, you've done it again.
>>
Basically, the animals are all jews.
It's meant to dehumanize them or something like that.
That's why there's so many more animal people in hollywood than other towns.
>>
I think he is based off joey from friends and that other guy from full house. So they couldn't really draw someone like them.
It would be too obvious
>>
>>64425766
its also one when u inject it m8
>>
>>64425694
>>64426856
>still no full version of this song
>>
DUDE BESTIALITY RIGHTS WHEN LMAO
>>
something something humans are animals something something animal nature of man something something
>>
File: peanut butter tongue.png (628 KB, 625x349) Image search: [Google]
peanut butter tongue.png
628 KB, 625x349
them all being animals is the best part of the show. so many puns, visual gags, characterizations and behaviours based on what animal they are and also just the weirdness of interspecies romance. Amazing that this show doesn't have an enormous furry following, in fact the fact that furries would rather beat off to MLP or Zootopia or something is a testament to how human and mature the characters of Bojack Horseman are. The underdeveloped manchild is mildly sexually intrigued by the zoophilic tendencies depicted in the show, but finds the characters too dark or "real" to be able to really maintain interest over his childlike sensibilities.

Basically it's a brilliant decision, I'd have it no other way.
>>
>>64427267
>implying Ron Howard has something to do with this show
>>
it differentiates the show just look at "F is for Family" it looks generic as fuck another show about a family but is the 70s man!
>>
>>64427853

>>Amazing that this show doesn't have an enormous furry following
I have no idea it doesn't or does, how do you know it doesn't? Do you frequent furry places online? Monitor thread activity, fan art, etc.?

>>in fact the fact that furries would rather beat off to MLP or Zootopia or something is a testament to how human and mature the characters of Bojack Horseman are.
How does the assumption itself prove the following supposition you give? Might the rough quality of the artwork have something to do with it? That's just another assumption, but it "sounds as truthful" as yours. If I can easily think up an alternate without any proof, that's as good as yours, yours is probably pretty weak.

>>The underdeveloped manchild is mildly sexually intrigued by the zoophilic tendencies depicted in the show, but finds the characters too dark or "real" to be able to really maintain interest over his childlike sensibilities.
Again back to the first assertion ("furries don't like this") without proof. Nice summation of the topic in that generalization, but that also doesn't really emerge from the "evidence" not provided.

Not a bad work of theory here I guess, but it has no real legs. You sound like a bullshit artist who probably believes what you post on 4chan.

I'm not standing up for furries, just pointing out how dumb comments like this are. And having a laugh in the process.
>>
File: bat for lashes shrug.gif (983 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
bat for lashes shrug.gif
983 KB, 250x300
>>64428744
furries don't like bojack
>>
>>64425216
It works in the same way that Shane Black Christmas movies do, because of the colorful setting it can deal with some dark shit without being really depressing.
>>
>>64425216
It obfuscates things a lot. Bojack's excessive drinking can be argued as simply because he's a horse, Mr Peanutbutter's self harm tendency as a dog tearing at his stitches, etc
>>
>>64428744
>I'm not standing up for furries, just pointing out how dumb comments like this are. And having a laugh in the process.
>Haha just having a laugh. Totally not a furry. Haha j-just having a joke.
>>
>>64425216
If it was regular people why even use animation?
>>
Does he crap all the time like a real horse? Those things are like a shit factory.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.