[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to enjoy this show considering the cesspit following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: images (8).jpg (14 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
14 KB, 512x288
Is it possible to enjoy this show considering the cesspit following its picked up
>>
>>64420315
Yes. Just avoid dumblr

That said the special had some cringeworthy historical moralising
>>
>>64420315
>I don't know if I should like this thing because some people that like it are gross

You are a literal retarded sheep
>>
>>64420388
So would you say it's any good?
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 1529x777) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 1529x777
Well?
>>
I watched it and enjoyed it because a friend told me to. I had no idea the level of cancer the fan base was until probably a year later. Who the fuck cares? I enjoyed earlier supernatural too and it's fan base is garbage.
>>
>>64420543
[Spoiler] interesting.. [/spoiler]
>>
>>64420543
Shit graph, pleb taste and dislike
>>
>>64420827
sorry I don't dislike everything like you do
>>
>>64420315
i thought it was pretty good at first and had potential, but over time has become completely unwatchable
>>
>>64420887
No you dumb ape, your taste is all fucked up. Reichenbach, Many Happy Returns and Abominable bride deserve way more. Meanwhile any graph that doesn't pretty much flatline S3 goes into the trash
>>
>>64420937
I agree.
I thought the very last episode was a massive copout and went right off the rails.
>>
how did the old case of the woman do anything for explaining moriarty?

because sherlock said it was the same thing, with her coming back to life.

but it seems like they're totally different, since she was supposed to be replaced with a fake corpse and kill herself for real later.. or something

Anyways it's supposed to be that moriarty is dead all along anyways, right? So how does the episode do anything to advance the plot? It should have been obvious that moriarty was dead for sure from the start.
>>
At this point I feel it's impossible to enjoy it regardless of its following.
>>
>>64421141
Would have been a better episode without constant shifts back and forward in time. Only in the end if it had to be. And yeah, the Moriarty thing is dumb.
>>
>>64421296
I really didn't like it.
Like you said the jumping back and forth was super irritating, they pulled the "it was all just a dream like 3 times in a row, the crime wasn't really "resolved" and Moriarty was just annoying.

Would've been so much better if it was just set in the past and finished with the "dream twist"
>>
Nah, it's shit regardless of the following. Well, at least most of it is shit.
>>
>>64421141
It led Sherlock to the conclusion that Moriarty is definitely dead, but Moriarty is also sort of still alive, because Moriarty was never only just Moriarty.

So basically he had to have a drug trip vacation into his mind palace (that shit always tickles me) to figure out what we've known for like two years now.
>>
>>64422092
yeah don't you hate how john has changed? He is so pushy now, and his wife is a bitchy superspy now
seems like everybody is a caricature of their past roles
>>
>>64422629
Victorian Watson was based. In fact the Victorian versions seemed better than their modern counterparts in every way. Pls no more modern bullshit
>>
>>64420315
No because the fanbase now dictates the direction of the show.

See: The Abominable Bride
>>
>>64422801
meant present day watson, over the past few episodes
>>
>>64422629
Agreed, especially Mycroft. I saw the behind the scenes special thing at the movies mum wanted to go with someone no judgement pls and Gatiss was talking about how Mycroft was the crueller brother but in The Abominable Bride, Mycroft was practically on his knees begging Sherlock not to get high.
>>
>>64422959

This. It's hard to ignore a fanbase after a while when the head-writer is willing to let them undermine him to the point where an almost two hour long episode becomes something made for them.

And it still backfires.
>>
>>64420543
Where;s the hounds of baskerville one?
>>
>>64422986
What are you on about? That's not what I meant in my post at all you cretin
>>
>>64423225
I forgot to put it in. I think it was just ok, it wasn't bad or anything but the standard was set very high by the episodes before and after

>>64423235
dunno what you're talking about, but I was going off the mind palace being more in the forefront for sherlock's character, which he wasn't really originally

I didn't really make that connection in my post though, I know. doesn't really matter either way though really
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.