[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krampus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (398 KB, 1024x1582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
398 KB, 1024x1582
What does /tv/ think of Krampus? It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was definitely an enjoyable movie. The comedy was good, and the theater was laughing a lot during the first scene on Black Friday. It wasn't too scary, but there were some good suspensful moments. Personally, i think it could have been better, but overall I enjoyed it. Also Stefania LaVie Owen is a qt.
>>
I liked it until we got to the COMIC MISCHIEF parts.
Must have been fun to work as a designer for this movie though.
Lots of really pretty costumes, props, and sets.
>>
Also I took my sister to this and she found out there was no Santa.
>>
So about the ending, was he in his own hell with his family or were the family members in there own separate hells?
>>
>>64418876
How old is she? How well did she take it?
>>
>>64418791
it was cute, not amazing, but i definitely enjoyed it. and it made me want to go buy trick r treat instantly, so thats a bonus
>>
File: 4.png (8 KB, 274x295) Image search: [Google]
4.png
8 KB, 274x295
>>64418936
They were all in the same hell.

Also

>"See you all in hell"
>Next they meet is in hell

kek
>>
>>64418936
Together. Its bitter sweet. They finally respect each other and enjoy each others company, but stuck there forever.
>>
>>64418949
I think she was OK with it.
>>
>>64418936
Idk if that matters, but I think what people are arguing is, are they all stuck in hell, or did Krampus reverse everything and the ending was to show that he was keeping an eye on them? I think the hell ending, because, come on, two kids are dropped into fire, another kid is eaten, and a few people are suffocated in the snow.
>>
>>64418997
It's hell.

If it wasn't hell he would have woken up on the 23rd/24th, not the 25th. They specifically made a good shot of him opening up the advent calendar for the 25th, meaning the 23rd and 24th happened and they are all in hell.
>>
>>64418997
>>64418936
i think with addition of the comic, alot of people on /co/ think the "he is keeping an eye on them" ending, since its 2015 and entire neighborhoods cant just fucking disappear from "war" anymore. they all had those terrible three days, and scraped by barely getting off of his list at the end. their punishment is having to remember the nightmare. he's magic, them dying doesn't need to have actually happen

imo, it doesn't matter, i prefer them being in hell
>>
Did the grandma and the baby deserve to die? I mean the grandma learned her lesson when she was a young girl, didn't she? And come on, the baby is a baby.
>>
The ending with the bell reminds me of The Polar Express.
>>
>>64419106
>mfw they sell statues of the monsters, and the bell
the statues are overpriced as fuck, but the bell is cute
>>
>>64419173
Do you have any links?
>>
>>64419238
im not sure, but i think they had more stock. all thats there now really is the cherub krampus and the bell
https://www.wetanz.com/krampus/
the sculpts are nice, but that fucking price tho
>>
>>64419306
Damn, those are expensive! Thanks for the link.
>>
>>64419368
yeah, they're pretty terrible. but the bell is alright, and honestly thats the only one i would want, just to use as an actual tree decoration
>>
GOAT practical effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tmVF4xvWg
>>
>>64419911
>That girl playing the jack in the box at 5:38

My dick is diamonds
>>
>>64419911
One thing I hated about this movie was the contrast between all the amazing practical effects and the shitty cg gingerbread men
>>
File: kramp_043af_0030_v108.1248.jpg (81 KB, 1200x503) Image search: [Google]
kramp_043af_0030_v108.1248.jpg
81 KB, 1200x503
The animated backstory segment was a great surprise.
>>
File: 1450481104736.gif (284 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1450481104736.gif
284 KB, 500x277
The ending was SHIIIIIT

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

WHY BOTHER SACRIFICING HIMSELF

WHY BOTHER GOING BACK WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT GARBAGE JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>64420491
Maybe Krampus had a change of heart at the end and set all the things right, and dropping the kid in the hole was just a joke.
>>
>>64420558
yeah but he didnt have a change of heart

it was such a terrible ending
>>
That "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Forever" song would have been perfect for the ending scene and I feel that not including it was a drop of the ball
>>
>>64420576
>yeah but he didnt have a change of heart
But he decided to not kill the family and instead just keep an eye on them.
>>
>>64420692

they're dead and in hell
>>
Red Letter Media said it was a good movie (just like The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar, and Star Wars the Force Awakens).
Therefore it is a good movie and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
*mic drop*
>>
>>64420358
the first one wasnt bad to me, it had the bonus of being in an unlit room
but the three in the kitchen were kinda piss
>>
>>64420470
I kind of wish the whole movie was animated like this
>>
>>64420491
>man I fucked my entire family over and got them sent to hell
>maybe I can set things right
>naw, fuck 'em

It would have been worse if he just left them without trying to help. Would have ended with no real resolution.
>>
File: snowmen.png (258 KB, 815x345) Image search: [Google]
snowmen.png
258 KB, 815x345
I thought the snowmen were frozen corpses of their neighbours. Where were the neighbours anyway? Did Krampus punish the entire neighbourhood?
>>
anyone who supported this piece of shit doesn't care about film as an artform
>>
>>64418949
She's 36 years old and not well, we had to make an emergency meeting with her psychiatrist.
>>
>>64418791
People should have just left their fireplace on and Grampus or whatever wouldn't have been able to get in.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/suspected-burglar-dies-in-chimney-after-resident-lights-fire/1104995/
>>
File: sweating_man_1.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
sweating_man_1.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
>That score
>>
>>64418791
It's the epitome of average. It's a film you take some bitch to go on a date too. It's slightly scary, kinda comedic, and fun. Who knows dude maybe it'll be one of those Christmas movies that gets cycled around every year.
>>
>>64418791
I adored it. It's the type of movie with a specific taste, and it hit all the right notes for me. It's not profound, but it's ridiculously fun to watch. My only complaint is the gingerbread men get too much screen time.
>>
>>64420470
Is there a torrent out already?
>>
It would be so funny if VHS rentals were still a thing and someone taped over half of a Miracle on 31st Street with Krampus to give a family a nice Christmas surprise.
>>
distributor for it didn't release in cinemas in australia so i have to wait for a blu ray or something
>>
File: cristiano_ronaldo.jpg (46 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
cristiano_ronaldo.jpg
46 KB, 620x388
>>64423615
>That score
I think you're in the wrong thread and on the wrong board buddy. I think you're looking for your /sp/ tab.
>>
>>64423875
That's because Santa Clause doesn't visit Australia.
>>
>>64418791
What does Krampus do to children in the lore?
>>
>>64425215
Throws them in a bag and tortures them to death for being bad.
>>
>>64425643
What does he do with the bodies?
>>
>no torrent
>comes out in my country in MARCH

FUCK
>>
>>64420470
Yo is there a torrent out or something
>>
>>64418997
I think you can pick whichever interpretation you want, depending on how cynical you are. I like the "keeping an eye on them" ending, because I'm a big softie at heart, and it keeps in line with the Christmas spirit and strengthens the similarities to A Christmas Carol.
>>
>>64420711
thats one interpretation
>>
>>64425690
It's extremely painful
>>
>>64418791
I interpreted this movie as one gigantic metaphor for repressed homosexuality, and that Krampus was symbolic of the mental anguish that follows from repressing your sexuality.
>>
>>64425643
Doesn't he also make them slaves and have them create toys for the good children?
>>
>>64426067
For you
>>
>>64426386
I thought Krampus feeds them to Santa Claus?
>>
Torrent when?
>>
>>64426557
Idk maybe there are different versions.
>>
The moral of Krampus. If you have a shitty, dysfunctional family then you need to suck it up.
>>
I havent seen this yet, and I heard Krampus himself is one scary motherfucker.
>>
>>64427795
Is the creature Krampus the same thing as the Babadook?
>>
>>64425690
>>64426386
There are different legends for the Krampus, the ones I heard he drags sinful (naughty) children to hell where they're tormented. He's one of those older legends that's become obscured. There are German towns that throw a festival for "krampusnacht" where people dress up as the Krampus or his minions and parade through the streets.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 236x314
>>64418791
Feel pretty similar about this flick, i.e.,
It fell short within both of it's angles "horror" (mostly poorly done jump scares shite) and comedy.
It just wasn't scary and it's comedy aspect was really off, it was nice, but didn't do the job.
Overall, I wish they would've just focused more on the comedy or horror aspect. Tried to be funny, fell short. Tried to be scary, just cheap tricks. But it's still entertaining and fun.
6/10
>>
>>64427824
I have no idea, at least within the context of this movie.
>>
>>64418791
Has anyone watched this movie high? How was the experience?
>>
I loved it, lots of cool practical effects, and it was a non R rated horror.

Felt really unique in the current cinema climate
>>
>>64418791
I agree with OP. I want to see Stefania naked.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.