[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Originals >Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
Originals
>Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Prequels
>Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

Sequels
>That's not how the force works!

They keep getting dumber and dumber.
>>
>>64415358
Because you're cherrypicking specific quotes and because regurgitating monologues like that is incredibly unoriginal.
>>
>>64415686
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
Why did yoda speak backwards so much in epi. II and III? Was Lucas really that annoyed at nerds doing it that he decided to try to kill the MEME by sacrificing the character?
>>
>>64415737
Did Lucas invent Yoda? If he didn't I can see why he would try to undermine the character
>>
>>64415737
Because he has more dialog in the prequels you silly boy.
>>
>>64415959
Nah, he went noticeably overboard with the backward talk in epi. II
>>
>>64415686
>Because you're cherrypicking specific quotes
That's exactly what I did, you're not suggesting that I should dump the entire script of all the movies? Do you?
>>
>>64415358
Prequels
>midichlorians
>>
But anon!
Neither of the other quotes are from the first in the trilogy!!
You're being ridiculous!!
>>
if you want a legit comparison:
Originals
>Great, kid! Don't get cocky!
Prequels
>So uncivilized.
Sequels
>That's not how the force works!
>>
>>64416019
They actually fit pretty well with the context of the prequels, the jedis and the sith were in a time where they had a lot of funding, they had time to research the force, Darth Plagueis went so deep he was able to create life.

After the Jedi were exterminate all that knowledge was lost and the force became more mythical.

But then Red Meme Media made a video....
>>
yoda was a pretty small guy
>>
>>64415358

The belonging you seek is not behind
you. It is ahead. I am no Jedi, but I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing. Close your eyes. Feel it.The light. It's always been there.
It will guide you. The saber. Take it.
>>
>>64416153
lel that's pretty much what yoda said in ESB but worded differently. They couldn't even came out with something original.
>>
Episode 4: Use the force, Luke.

Episode 1: Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

Episode 7: There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? The Dark side, and the Light.
>>
>>64416183
Bizarre complaint. There's no reason to describe the force differently if it's indeed a constant feature of that universe.
>>
>>64416120
Over explaining shit is always terrible, it was stupid.
As for the RLM reviews, I can't stand the humour and that stupid voice so I haven't watched them. The prequels are just genuinely stupid
>>
>>64416153
>The light.
Fuck this pisses me off.
>>
>>64416247
At least the prequels explain the dark side a bit better.
>>
Someone call me reddit, I double down dare you!!
>>
>>64415992
No, instead you should find quotes of equal importance and quality. If you wanted to compare Maz Kanata's talk about the Force to Yoda's, that's fine. But comparing a one-liner from Han to a speech by Yoda is beyond retarded.
>>
>>64416153
>Feel it.The light
I don't even. It's like saying
>Go on Vader feel the dark.

They can't be this stupid.
>>
>>64416310
Nothing in TFA has importance or quality for that matter.
>>
>>64416273
Interestingly one of the biggest complaints people have is that TFA didn't add anything to the lore. I think admitting that there's two sides to the force instead of just one side, and an aberration, is a big improvement.
>>
>>64416292
Nobody has the guts to do this br0seph.
>>
>>64416369
Kill yourself.
>>
>>64416120
>Red Meme Media
I thought it was Reddit Letter Memia?
>>
>>64416433
Don't panic Lucas your heritage won't be forgotten but some of your ideas are pretty unintuitive, and don't add much the the world.
>>
>>64416019
The only thing they did wrong with midichlorians is make them a determining factor in force power. Remove that aspect and they add depth to Plagueis' understanding of the force with no downside.
>>
>>64415358
Star Wars was never deep or philosophical. Please stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Dragon Ball Z has more depth than Star Wars. Your nostalgia is fooling you
>>
>>64416659
It wasn't deep or philosophical, but it was mystical in the OT. Ofc with the PT we got shit like "my power has doubled since we last fought" and midchlorians.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.