[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider the prequels or sequels to be canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: star-wars-posters.jpg (166 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-posters.jpg
166 KB, 1024x768
Assuming the OT is the base:

A. Prequels and sequels are canon
B. Prequels are canon, sequels are not
C. Neither prequels or sequels are canon
D. Sequels are canon, prequels are not

(not literally canon, only how you comprehend it in your mind)
>>
>>64415179
All six are canon.
As for part 7...I guess it is, but Lucas didn't have much to do with it.
>>
>>64415179
Anything outside the OT is non canon for me including EU.
>>
>>64415213
Also to add to that, I personally don't consider anything outside of the films to be canon, except maybe, just maybe the two KOTOR games.
>>
>>64415179
Episode VII felt like fanfiction to me, but I accept it as canon because it is canon, sadly.

The OT is canon, the prequels are canon, the Clone Wars CGI series is canon, the new books and comics and short stories are canon, and, sadly, Episode VII is canon.
>>
KOTOR + Clone Wars Cartoon + OT + Ep7
>>
C. Nothing but Star Wars (1977) is canon.
>>
They're all canon
>>
>>64415179
What the fuck are you talking about? All are canon except episode 7 which may be partial canon
>>
>>64415179

Neither the PT nor the NT are Canon.

OT is the only canon, with harmless details from the EU being OK (ie. General Veers is Maximillian Veers).
>>
>>64415179
If Disney says it's canon, it's canon. There is, by definition, only one canon.
>>
A
>>
>>64415179
Only 1-6 are canon. Any cartoons, comic books, novels, or sequels they make only detract from the original story.
>>
>>64415213
7 is not canon, neither are any of the new movies.

Lucas is the creator, it was his idea. It is simply now a franchise.

EU was never canon.
>>
>>64415179
The only thing not canon is all that expanded universe shit that the queers jerk off to
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.