[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Everyone was hype as fuck for it for like a year >Now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: stephen-colbert-late-show.jpg (150 KB, 1140x700) Image search: [Google]
stephen-colbert-late-show.jpg
150 KB, 1140x700
>Everyone was hype as fuck for it for like a year
>Now nobody gives a shit anymore

What the fuck went wrong?
>>
>>64414077
I like it a lot.
>>
>>64414077
colbert went wrong
he never should have gotten the job in the first place. Dude just isnt funny outside of comedy central
>>
it's the colbert report but longer and safer
>>
Gored by the horns of a dilemma.
He tried to make a show that pleases everybody all the time, which is literally impossible in comedy.
>>
>>64414077
the format was off. he tried to re-create too much of the political stuff from the report and was resting on his laurels. yet to have any worthwhile sketches or try anything that hasnt been beaten to death over the years. mostly boring guests.
>>
>>64414261
I really, really like his guests. Authors and CEOs are great guests and really interesting to hear from. No other late night does that.
>>
>>64414147
This. His whole thing was harping on politicians on both sides and the persona he created. He is a pussy to any liberal guests He hasn't transitioned to a one hour long show, either.
>>
File: 1433758947327.jpg (46 KB, 272x414) Image search: [Google]
1433758947327.jpg
46 KB, 272x414
Millennials don't watch late night network /tv/.
>>
>>64414077
You cannot be in the center and hope to gain an audience. There is no room for moderates and 'fence-sitters' anymore.

Your only hope to stay relevant is to go hard left or hard right and claim that anyone who doesn't agree with everything you say is a vile monster standing between you and The Truth.
>>
>>64414370
IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>64414369
they watch Fallon
>>
>>64414077
Colbert was funny in his neocon persona

Turns out, surprise surprise, the real colbert is an unfunny asshole.
>>
>>64414420
You're right, forgot my gf fucking loves Fallon. Why can't he stop giggling all the time? He's like 40 fucking years old.
>>
>>64414077
He's a faggot.
>>
>>64414370
You can be in the center as long as you aren't favoring either side at all. Colbert's problem is that he clearly favors the left so all the political material he does comes off as partisan rather than purely satirical on a social/cultural level.
>>
>>64414424
>asshole
Will cuckservatives ever be able to handle the banter?
>>
>>64414340
Charlie Rose does. He's on PBS -- because nobody watches him.
>>
>le religious democrat shill
>>
His act doesn't work as a late show
>>
>>64414441
idk man

I hate his forced laugh whenever his guests say anything mildly funny
>>
>>64414077
The only people who watch the show are olds and they were never going to stick with it after Leno left. No one could have ever saved this show because it's an obsolete format and its only fans can't stay up past 9pm anymore
>>
File: john oliver refugees.jpg (426 KB, 784x1584) Image search: [Google]
john oliver refugees.jpg
426 KB, 784x1584
>>64414370
I can't believe people actually get their news from this piece of shit.

Comedy news is such a disgrace. It allows them to get away with saying whatever untrue bullshit they want while being able to fall back on "lel, it's just a joke, bro!" even though they know full well that people take it seriously.

And the same people who laugh about faux news are the same people that get their news from the john oliver
>>
>>64414077
>Now nobody gives a shit anymore

And you know this how?
>>
File: 1451665983521.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451665983521.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>64414077
>treat half of the political spectrum as autistic manchildren
>surprised he doesn't have mass appeal
>>
>>64414077

leftist extremist propaganda. pushes for open borders + refugees every episode. literally has on someone from the obama admin for a guest interview every week.

Dropped as fuck .
>>
>>64414588

His falling ratings????

I like your innocence though, can I come live with you? I'll give you sex everyday
>>
>>64414545
That's a lot of generalizations, mate
>>
>>64414545
mad af
Disingenuous as the "it's just a joke, bro" defence is, it's still far more honest than the shifting of goalposts, strawmanning, and other forms of damage control cable """"""news"""""" organizations engage in when they're called out on their bullshit.
>>
There are like 8 shows at this point where a smug, rich Liberal mouth-piece sits behind a desk, belches at you about what you should and should not believe, interviews a guest, and then gets played out by music.

Why the fuck do we need this many?
If you ask me these shows aren't failing fast ENOUGH, despite several of them tanking simultaneously.
>>
>>64414424
This, the on,y show I can watch is Conan because he's funny in a vacuum
>>
people love characters like Don Draper, Ron Swanson, Jack Donaghy and "Stephen Colbert"

take the god damn hint. republicans are awesome.
>>
>>64414631
source
>>
>>64414370
CURRENT YEAR
U E
R A
R R
E
N
T
>>
>>64414545

This. It's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>64414477
I can handle banter. That's why I liked the colbert show.
>>
File: fix-norm-ray.jpg (156 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
fix-norm-ray.jpg
156 KB, 620x375
Shoulda went with Norm Macdonald.

If Dave would have had much influence over the decision, it probably could have happened
>>
File: colbert-report_0[1].jpg (147 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
colbert-report_0[1].jpg
147 KB, 612x380
>>
>>64414077
The fuck you taking about... it's still currently the best late night talkshow out there
>>
File: 1444185188902.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1444185188902.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>64414894
>>
Nothing went wrong. He provides intelligent guests, interesting topics, artful musicians, and the shows with famous people get better ratings. Colbert doesn't need to change. America is just full of morons. I'm glad he doesn't pander to them and water down his weird side. Fuck those 45yo overweight burger munchers.
>>
>>64414924
>>64415071
thank you for existing, friends
>>
Late night shows are only as good as they guests they have on them. Shitty guests = shitty ratings.
>>
>>64414805
Nah he's too finger licking good.
>>
He's still funny most of the time when he isn't sucking bernie sanders' dick or having boring interviews with boring movie stars.

I like the bit with the furry hat.
>>
Because his interviews with democrats appear to be "just how far can Stephen stick his head up their ass this time" and his interviews with republicans range from boring to him trying to derail a campaign and failing miserably (Trump). The rest of his guests are relatively boring.

But that's not the biggest issue - the biggest issue is that aside from the interviews, he's not funny at all. Which is too bad, I liked the Colbert Report. But his monologues on the late show are fucking awful.
>>
>>64414077
He's #4 in late night for a reason.
>>
>>64416377
>#4
Fucking Meyers is beating him too?
>>
>>64414261
The skit where he "fought" bruce willis was pretty funny.
>>
he is like a less interesting and illuminating version of that defense lawyer in making a murderer
>>
>>64415644
He doesn't even have political guests on very often. Posts like this which focus on them make it obvious that the poster is regurgitating opinions from some nazi echo chamber.

Stephen is a delightful talk show host and his explorations of bleeding-edge technology, literature, and philosophy are literally wonderful.
>>
>>64414654
Google it. It's well reported on.
>>
>>64416394
Yes. This faggot is losing to a guy who comes on a hour after him.
>>
>>64415644
plus you burn out on a fucking nightly show
can't bring your A game ever night
>>
>>64416496
4chan is less popular than reddit
>>
>>64414369
dumb frogposter
>>
>>64416820
As it should be.
>>
>>64414077
>wildly popular satirist
>drops the satire

What could go wrong?
>>
>>64416929
>muh secret image board xD
>>
>>64416984
The show is still packed, wall-to-wall, with incredibly innovative satire. Do you even watch it?
>>
his best sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrRGTEwNS2M
>>
>>64417060
Fuck off Stephen. And judging by the ratings, nobody is watching it.
>>
>>64417224
Since popularity determines quality, why are you here? Reddit is a LOT more popular!
>>
1. Left-wing shill
2. Left-wing Catholic. Neither side could stand him
3. Americans prefer Jimmy Fallon's brand of humor
4. Overtly political. Same shtick he relied upon on his old show
5. Cringe-worthy skits
6. Trash interviewer. Always makes himself the focal point of any conversation
7. God awful side-kick
>>
He was funny when he was roleplaying as a conservative and poking fun at both sides of the spectrum, now he's just another lefty reddit-tier talk show host and there are probably better ones out there than him in that field.
>>
[insert post indiscernible from algorithmically-generated content here]
>>
>>64414653
Seriously this
no matter how much they try to make the characters look like hypocrites or unsympathetic, you can't help but respect their gumption.
>>
File: pic4.jpg (36 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
pic4.jpg
36 KB, 600x387
>>64416403
Based lawyer.

In regard to the thread, his interview with Trump was painful to watch. I felt he conducted fair interviews on The Colbert Report but this one felt like he was trying way too hard to be snarky. Trump was not stumped though and handled it well.
>>
>>64414077
Republicans don't watch his show, they looked at data and it's as simple as that.
>>
>>64414370
Letterman came off as pretty dead center and he did just fine

Its more than just political, while at the same time entirely because of politics that Colbert is slacking
>>
>>64414077

His joke persona is not for the big boys. Letterman was likable and acted like an adult, being on his show was respectable.

These annoying "I'm just pretending lol" half-comedian half-political pundits are so played out. Wish they would just die so morons stop giving them shows.

I still can't believe they have that faggot John Oliver a show. Is he literally that unlikably English? I always thought his stupid accent was a fake joke like everything else about him.
>>
>>64415644
>derail a campaign and failing miserably (Trump
Colbert went easy on Trump in his interview, and you are crazy if you think otherwise. Main reason why he went easy on him is because he made jokes about him on the show.
>>
>>64419559
He went easy on him because he's a pussy. He's insulting him constantly every other night.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.