[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video explaining everything wrong with Star Wars 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: w54b4vt58a2srxjwqre4.jpg (27 KB, 636x275) Image search: [Google]
w54b4vt58a2srxjwqre4.jpg
27 KB, 636x275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNAy7yCMyBw

19:11 minutes long but pretty much explains why its the worst of the series.
>>
Fucking finally
Marvel Wars the Reddit Awakens is basically a capeshit flick with the name Star Wars on it made for the facebook/tumblr generation of self proclaimed "movie nerds"
>>
>>64406565
>why its the worst of the series

I may have watched it if you didn't say this contrarian
>>
>>64406565
Kill yourself.
>>
Is there anywhere I can stream the movie please already seen it but want to watch again
>>
>wasting 20 minutes of your life about why Pleb Wars is bad

Get a life.
>>
>>64406565
Hello, Reddit!
>>
Put out the video quick, Let's be the next redlettermedia!
>>
File: friendly-happy-merchant.gif (3 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
friendly-happy-merchant.gif
3 MB, 359x346
>>64406565
>"Nothing could have prepared me though for how bad the film really was, especially given how much praise it was receiving"
>>
>Worst of the series
> Not AotC, the movie centered around an idea that was preemptively retconned by the OT.
>>
>complaining that there are basic similarities to a New Hope while ignoring that what's going on with the characters is entirely different
>complaining that there isn't endless exposition and boring politics like the prequels

What a fucking faggot. Also I love how he says

>don't take my opinions personally but if you like TFA you're not a real Star Wars fan

what a fucking faggot
>>
>>64406565
reviews like this always operate under the idea that the original 3 star wars are good
>>
Sorry, you'll never get me to watch a long-ass video picking apart a star wars movie
>>
It's not the worst SW movie but it's definitely the dullest and least imaginative.
>>
File: star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>64406565
http://whatculture.com/film/12-reasons-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-a-disappointment.php

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/40-unforgivable-plot-holes-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens_b_8850324.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hQVlRgFlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDjXJqdXD-I&feature=youtu.be&t=39m26s
>>
>>64406821
>>64406837
Fans have never been satisfied with the individual films themselves.

That's why we have the people who saw the 2D Clones cartoon show and said "I want more of this!" - then became upset that the film didn't serve as live-action extension of it. To these fans, neither the film nor the cartoon are satisfactory. The cartoon isnt good enough to stand alone, and the film doesn't match the 'badass' cartoon. (Grievous is deliberately characterized as a wannabe Jedi and patsy, who mistreats his fellow droids. The desire to see him as 'badass' is divorced from any sense of morality or ethics.)
>>
>>64406565

TFA apologists BTFO
>>
>>64406565
Please whine more about how a shitty, fake scifi, glorified soap opera is being ruined. Pathetic
>>
>you need a twenty minute video to inform you why you don't like a film

wew lads
>>
Outta here, Hothead.
>>
>>64406565

Valid criticisms. No reasons that are remotely good enough why it's 'worse' than the prequels though. He clearly just added that statement as click-bait. Also, complaining about the physics of a super weapon in Star Wars? That's retarded. Star Wars is fantasy.
>>
>>64406565
OP is correct, however.
>>
>>64406565
Guy sounds like he's sucking on his mic. Fucking annoying to listen to
>>
>>64406565

IV and V also had serious flaws. Only blind retards claim otherwise.

TFA had a lot of flaws, but it was still 5 times better than PT trash ever was.
>>
>>64407366
>can't stop being racist for five seconds so that he can provide actual valid criticism

lol
>>
>>64407379
The idea of being a "badass" is divorced from any sense of morality or ethics.
>>
>>64406611

This is your brain on 4chan.
>>
>>64406565
>I let people tell me how to think!
>>
>>64407670
This. Your brain is a muscle, people.
>>
>>64407805
Well the main reason he gave is that the prequels still feel like a part of the series. They are shittier parts, but they fit into the story and add something new to the plot, whereas Episode VII does not. I'd agree with him that as part of an overall series they are worse, even if it would be better if you looked at it in a vacuum.
>>
I watched it all.

He actually presents good points.

TFA is the worst movie yet, regardless of how you personally feel about the prequels, it just technically is.
>>
>>64406565

>always think star wars is a mediocre movie franchise in general but enjoy the lore
>enjoy jedi outcast and jedi academy
>enjoy the fuck out of kotor
>really get to like prequels because they focus more on the jedi and sith
>don't really like originals except for the gorgeous practical effects and the sets
>everybody shits on the prequels
>have to put up with people bitching about the prequels everytime I'm in a prequels thread
>TFA comes out
>not a bad movie but shitty star wars movie in my eyes
>suddenly everyone likes the prequels

you hypocritical motherfuckers, I hate you assholes
>>
>>64407991
I bet you like how none of your favorite stuff is canon anymore too, eh?
>>
>>64407948
>I'd agree with him that as part of an overall series they are worse
I meant that it ,Episode VII, is worse,
>>
File: 1451291228725.jpg (390 KB, 1242x1854) Image search: [Google]
1451291228725.jpg
390 KB, 1242x1854
The people who are defending the prequels now are the same people who were shitting on them before this movie.

I guess it's the hipster thing to do now.
>>
>>64407982
It's technically superior to the prequels in every way. This video says nothing about how the prequels are better
>>
>>64408168
I don't see most people defending them now, just saying they were mediocre at best, but better than this one. There are a few people claiming them to be the best, sure, but knowing where we are, I'd be surprised if most of them weren't trolls.
>>
>L-look this movie is so bad right? We can stop hating the prequels now right? Jar Jar is so funny guise! Pls
>>
The Force Awakens
Derivitive
>>
>redditors getting triggered about tfa actually sucking cock
i probably won't ever see it, but i just know it's garbage
>>
>>64407948
>but they fit into the story and add something new to the plot
No they don't. They retcon a bunch of shit and tell us a story we already knew. They add nothing of value and actually makes Star Wars as a whole worse by existing.
>>
I never really hated the prequels, there's stuff I disliked but I still enjoy watching them
>>
>>64406565

further proof that this movie wasn't made for fans at ALL but solely for making money through comics and tv shows that will fill the gaps and plot holes this movie generated
>>
>why X is actually worse than X

Fuck your clickbait shit
>>
>>64407948

Yeah, I don't agree at all that the prequels feel like part of the series. Episodes 2 and 3 in particular feel like total fan service and fanfiction-y excess, to a much larger degree than Episode 7. As far as the argument that Episode 7 doesn't quite work as a Star Wars movie because it is in some ways too much like the originals, I pretty much agree. But it does work as a MOVIE. The prequels do not. They are broken. Normally I'm the first person to say that I'd prefer an attempt at something new that fails over a successful milking of the same old shit, but this is definitely an exception, because the prequels really are just that bad. Episode 7 is a huge step in the right direction, because it's a watchable film for one, but considering how much is left open, it will in some ways fail or succeed in hindsight based on the strength of the next two.
>>
>>64406837
fake star wars fan detected.
>>
>>64407982

On a technical level it might be the best of the entire series so far. It just doesn't satisfy in the story originality department. But I'll take a standard sequel over a violation of everything that the originals represented.
>>
>>64408438

Same here.
>>
>>64407982
>technically
you are retarded
>>
>>64406565
>>
>>64407991
No one likes the prequels. It's a meme. If you like them you just have shit taste, and if you actually found the Jedi interesting in the prequels you probably suffer some kind of brain damage.
>>
>>64406611
is it autism ?
>>
>>64406565
Nah, TFA is easily the best movie in the series so far.
>>
File: 100.jpg (79 KB, 559x433) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
79 KB, 559x433
>>
>>64408420

If you haven't seen the movie, leave the thread. Your opinion is of no value.
>>
>>64407805

>Also, complaining about the physics of a super weapon in Star Wars? That's retarded. Star Wars is fantasy.

When you go see a sci-fi movie, you obviously accept there's going to be some fantasy.

Now there's a difference between what you accept as fantasy that enriches the story or makes your imagination fly, like the Force or the hyperspace, and shit that's so stupid that makes you mad and turns you off.

There are little details you can stand like Han using parsecs as a time measure, the scientists in Jurassic Park being able to clone dinosaurs from ambar-frozen mosquitos, etc. and enormous failures that feel like the moviemakers didn't put ANY effort in making the movie feel plausible.

The planet-sized death star drains the sun energy to fire it on very distant systems? Well... ok.
The shot travels through hyperspace and reaches its target in a matter of seconds? Hmmm... let's take it, even though hyperspace travel usually takes hours...
The beam splits in 5 and hits 5 planets at once? Bad idea...
The beam is instantly visible from the other side of the Galaxy? Wait, what the fuck.
After on it is revealed that the base actually drains the whole star with each shot? Ok, enough.
>>
>people actually defending Marvel Wars: The Quip Awakens
>>
>>64407948
>disregarding everything layed down by the OT
>fits in
yeah sure
>>
this is better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3DievQvdw
>>
this guy from /tv/? hes doing some parroting of some of my own posts here as well as other anons I see when we discuss the flaws of the movie he left out a couple of other good ones he should have thrown in there though
>>
>>64408570

He was not deprived of his franchise. He sold it for a shitload of money because that's all he cares about anyway.
>>
5>7>4>6>3>two piles of steaming diarrhea

Don't fucking reply to me
>>
>>64408672
diarrhea isn't steamy its quite cool
>>
>>64408574

This
>>
>>64406565
Can't stand this voice, can someone give me the key points and their evidences?
>>
>>64408661
Believe it or not, many people see the same flaws in the film.
>>
>>64408672
don't tell me what to do

you're right
>>
File: 1362961161708.jpg (69 KB, 627x429) Image search: [Google]
1362961161708.jpg
69 KB, 627x429
how can a true fan of Star Wars, for its characters, storylines, universe, etc., actually be satisfied with this movie?

It wasn't just a similar plot, it was basically the plots of Episodes 4-6 summed up, mixed around, and rehashed.

Do you really think the same movie we've already seen is actually acceptable, when it's marketed as a bona fide new episode? This could be the most forgettable iteration in the series purely due to the fact that it's everything you've already seen before, and what you haven't isn't interesting. It was basically vapor.

That's not to say it didn't look nice, or the acting was so bad, or the effects weren't great, but that just makes it another generic sci fi action-adventure movie. When you accept the name "Star Wars" headlining your movie you accept that you aren't merely making another sci fi movie, it has to fit the themes, universe, and precepts that make it great.
>>
>>64408692

It depends.
>>
File: 1450545361135.jpg (64 KB, 422x602) Image search: [Google]
1450545361135.jpg
64 KB, 422x602
>mfw thinking about a HP RPG made by obsidian

Who would you get to do it?
>>
>>64408707
basically he's saying star wars the force awakens was more like a tv pilot and we only have got to see episode 1 so while this trilogy might be good in its whole season just basing it off of one episode as a standalone its a horrible movie to watch
I thought the same thing I felt like it was 30 minutes stretched to 2 hours and still felt rushed leaving more questions than I cared about
>>
>>64408642
>I have nothing of value to contribute so I'll just post dank memes
>>
>>64406565
Let me guess, 20 minutes of /pol/ ranting
>>
>>64408611
nope, i read the transcript. it's shit. i don't need to torture myself watching jew jew sheks' staid and austere directing style
>>
>>64408661
He also states that the prequels are superior without giving any examples of anything the prequels does better. Just like some of the retards who post here lately
>>
>>64408692
Just depends on how fresh it is, friend. Brand new butt-squirts are 98.6°F (or probably more, because of the likely fever)
>>
>>64408728
>how can a true fan of Star Wars, for its characters, storylines, universe, etc., actually be satisfied with this movie?
>That's not to say it didn't look nice, or the acting was so bad, or the effects weren't great

You just answered your own question anon. None of those things were remotely true about the prequels. TFA wasn't great but after what Star Wars fans have been through it was like therapy.
>>
>>64408707
He is reading random /tv/ and /pol/ posts
the headline is clickbait he doesn't talk about it at all
>>
>>64407579
Please whine more about some anon whining about how a shitty, fake scifi, glorified soap opera is being ruined. Pathetic.
>>
>>64408672
Sounds about right.
>>
>>64408772
>i read the transcript
Are you autistic?
>>
I wasted my money to see it. It fucking sucked and made no sense. Eye candy and CGI can't make up for the lack of a fucking plot. Michael Bay could've made a more interesting movie and he retcons the plot every other movie!
>>
>>64408728
I saw it last week and I already forgot most of it
>>
>>64408756
So he didn't like it and that makes it worse than the prequels? Thanks for saving me the time watching this crap.
>>
>>64408794

Only on 4chan do you come across someone who has actually researched the temperature of diarrhea
>>
>>64406565
>nothing could have prepared me for how bad it really was

>literally cuts to a poster of episode 1 in the same breath

Im not sure I'm gonna be able to make it to the end, but I'll keep watching.

I really hope this isn't some horseshit review like "how could this guy to do that"
>>
>>64406727
>it's ok when RLM does it!
You seriously can't be this stupid.
>>
>>64408796

At least it was an attempt. I have never in my life seen a non-reboot be played so closely as this one, that's all Disney did. It is an utter waste of the title of "7th" episode.

The same kind of hot shit theater bait as Jurassic World and Avatar
>>
>>64408032

I really don't give a damn. I would've loved to see kyle katarn but the EU is too filled with irrelevant and stupid bullshit

>>64408574

>If you like them you just have shit taste

it's not as if star wars has ever been some sort of pinnacle in movie making. everyone who likes star wars IN GENERAL has shit taste. the movies are great to be watched if you want to have some fun watching silly sci fi shit happening, not if you want to watch some arthouse shit

>and if you actually found the Jedi interesting in the prequels you probably suffer some kind of brain damage.

apparently you fail to back any of your stupid statements with arguments. no wonder you're a star wars fan. you're stupid as fuck
>>
>>64408849
He didn't even mentioned RLM you fucking retard
>>
>>64408772
>reading a transcript is the same as seeing the film
Nope. Besides, I don't believe you. Even if you do have it - which you don't - I'm sure you barely skimmed it for five seconds before exclaiming "IT'S SHIT!" to your audience of mouth-agape blowup dolls and piss jars. You have nothing to contribute. Not just in the thread, but in general.
>>
>>64408886
>it's not as if star wars has ever been some sort of pinnacle in movie making
The originals were, unless you don't consider special effects movie making
>>
>>64408488
Well to me TFA was just too unoriginal to the point where it became worse than the prequels. The thing is that whether you consider TFA to be worse is always going to come down to how much you value certain things. If they were both standalone films I'd say that TFA is definitely better, but because of just how much it feels like it's pure fanservice and a rip-off, I just can't see it as being anything other than complete shit. While 2 and 3 do not feel as much like Star Wars films (mainly because of the CGI), they still have a vague semblance, and while I was watching TFA I just felt like I was watching another Marvel capeshit movie, and a particularly shitty one at that.
>>
>>64408880

I tend to agree with you that a failed attempt at originality is better, but not if we're talking about the fucking Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>64408906
Hi I did see it, he's right, it was shit.
>>
>>64408906
lmao the movie was shit and there's LITERALLY NOTHING you can do about it, redditor. i know the flick was a big win for diversity what with the niggers, spics and mary sue strong wimminz, but the movie is OBECTIVELY trash. you can't argue because you would be OBJECTIVELY wrong. haha rofl, kid.
>>
>>64408837
Uh...no research necessary. Why wouldn't it be 98.6?
>>
saw the movie 4 times all in theater
I'm not ready to admit how awful it is I just need to see it a few more times theres gotta be something I'm missing in it.. something everyone else is seeing
I'm 35 years old been living my life towards the fanbase of this series
I'm just not ready to call it a waste yet.. I was thinking of watching it once drunk maybe it will make it better
>>
>>64409036
hello reddit!
>>
>>64406611
This post summarizes /tv/ culture well
>>
>>64409006

Congratulations, you have a valid opinion!

It's wrong, but at least it's valid.
>>
>>64408886
They should have kept most of pre-prequel EU if you ask me. KotOR had one of the better stories in the series and there was no reason to invalidate most of that shit. They could have hired some nerd as an unpaid intern and gotten him to let them know when they were breaking canon and then just either add that particular work to the list of non-canon or change it if it was minor. Keeping all post-ROTJ EU would have been next to impossible though, I agree.
>>
>the worst of the series
>>
>>64408898
>RLM does 60 minute review talking about why star wars is bad
>everyone loves it
>another autist does the same thing with the new movie
>hurr durr can't get me to watch this it's too long
do I need to spell it out for you further?
>>
>>64406611
you couldn't have fit more buzzwords into this post
>>
>>64408944

well, you can say the same shit about avatar if you go according to that logic

I'm not saying you're not right in that regard but special effects are not everything. the story was simple as fuck and pretty boring most of the time. I always liked the ideas but star wars' storylines were never something artistically important
>>
>>64409102
At least RLM have bearable microphones and aren't aussies
>>
>>64409076
No it's 100% correct, my word is law. Don't reply to me I won't read your pleb opinions any longer.
>>
kind of spooky how glib facsimile was so on point
>>
>>64409039
Not that guy, but it very well might. Having said that, although your body's core temperature is 98.6, that doesn't mean your entire body is that temperature, which is why you'll notice that thermometers can't just be placed anywhere.

I do believe rectal thermometers existed though, so maybe the asshole is one of those hotspots, like the mouth or armpits.

Random fun fact: The hottest part of your body is always your reproductive area. Whenever your hands are cold, shove 'em into your pants! If anyone asks, you're just being scientific.
>>
>>64408661
>>64408719

TFA being bad is not a /tv/ meme.

Before I watched the movie, I read the review in El País (1st or 2nd biggest newspaper here in Spain). I didn't quite understand it at first, because the guy who wrote it was trying to be moderate and couldn't make any spoilers, but some days after watching the movie I read it back and yep, most of the flaws I saw were pointed out in the review: nostalgia circus, too accelerated pace with action scene after action scene, stupid villain, rehash, etc.

The review for those who understand spanish: http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2015/12/15/actualidad/1450205955_386759.html

Some of my friends, who aren't 4channers at all, thought as well the movie was kind of a deception and agreed on these flaws.

I'm not a /tv/ browser btw. I just came here to talk Star Wars.
>>
>>64409036
>barely-literate racist
>LOVES CAPSLOCK BECAUSE IT'S CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL BRO
>doesn't understand what the word 'objective' means

Please, continue. This promises to be amusing.
>>
>>64409071
stop projecting, retard redditor ROFL

FACT: /tv/ hates tfa

FACT: you're a redditor tourist

FACT: tfa is OBJECTIVELY trash

lmao kid, go to bed
>>
>>64406565
all fair points, but i don't agree with the conclusions. Prequels are worse I think.
>>
DERIVATIVE
FILM MAKING
>>
>>64409143
>my word is law

Oh god, my sides, they are in orbit
>>
>>64409102
read the original comment you retarded autistic faggot
he is dissing the whole fucking franchise
he obviously doesnt like it and pointed out that there is no point in a 20 minutes rant about "Pleb Wars"
holy fucking autism
>>
Why is it being a reboot of the original a bad thing?

They weren't trying to hide this in any way, it's mean to be a reboot.
>>
I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Cuck Wars: The Search for More Money.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.
>>
>>64409077

>They should have kept most of pre-prequel EU if you ask me
>Keeping all post-ROTJ EU would have been next to impossible though, I agree

I never could get my hands on why they should've kept some of the EU stuff but your ideas are exactly what I was always trying to get a grip at

they should've done exactly that and it would've been perfect. also, TFA should have just been about a new group of people unrelated to any of the past characters. the way they basically shit on all of the three old characters was disgusting

>luke is a fucking coward
>han and leia had a shitty relationship
>leia wasn't crying like a motherfucker when han died
>leia didn't give a shit about chewie when he came back

jesus christ
>>
People are overrating TFA, but saying it's worse than the prequels is just fucking stupid.
>but muh prequels had new ideas and expanded le lore
Yeah, too bad all of it was either embarrassingly shitty or unintentionally funny
>>
File: rare025.jpg (119 KB, 650x830) Image search: [Google]
rare025.jpg
119 KB, 650x830
>>64409179
>wahhh racism i'm triggered
that's so reddit
>>
>>64409102

It's almost like there's an art to good criticism or something.
>>
>>64409189
its k reddit
calm down
>>
>>64409058
One day you'll realize that the people who are excited for this movie never liked Star Wars at all. They saw the prequels, considered them garbage (they were right, but had no idea why), and the OT is "too slow" for them. These are the same people who just think that Lightsabers and Jedi are cool, and that the universe should be freely tied to videogame shit so people can see EPIC JEDI DUELZZZZZZ.

You'll notice the mark of these people when they call the entire Star Wars series shit, even though the OT is not only immensely influential to both culture and filmmaking for decades to come, but it was a damn fine achievement in filmmaking, in sheer craftsmanship.

But that doesn't matter to dipshits who just want to see people swing glowing swords at each other with kickass orchestration in the background.
>>
>>64409240
>Why is it being a reboot of the original a bad thing?
>>
>>64409240
It's plastic, hamfisted and totally contrived just for the nostalgie shekels and you're a mad redditor drone if you give in to the herd mentality.
>>
>>64409171
>too accelerated pace

This was my biggest problem with TFA, there was no time to process anything and no time to feel the impact because it just quickly moved on

The characters and audience feel the impact of the Death Star blowing up Alderaan, Starkiller blows up a system and nobody gives a shit, time for the next scene
>>
>>64408948

I'm still more or less with you, except for the part about it being worse than the prequels.
>>
>>64409189

... Isn't this board 18 and up?
>>
>>64409158
>I do believe rectal thermometers existed

They still exist. Its the most reliable place to take a temperature, especially for animals and babies
>>
File: 1451368533039.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1451368533039.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
George Lucas
>spaced out the series so it would maintain its hype factor in the public eye
>gave birth to LucasArts, producing great vidya
>introduced great non-film spin offs in the EU like Heir to the Empire
>films have poetry while consistently introducing new stuff so it wouldn't be aping of the OT

Disney
>marvelized the series, producing annual movies until franchise fatigue sets in
>killed LucasArts, outsources vidya to EA if not cheap mobileshit
>rendered the EU non-canon yet copies from it for the new movies
>films lack poetry and rather copies the OT in every possible way
>>
>>64409301
Alright I'll just say that's what people wanted though, nostalgia.

Probably not what most of us here wanted but it's what sells.
>>
File: 1442716016993.jpg (19 KB, 305x315) Image search: [Google]
1442716016993.jpg
19 KB, 305x315
>>64409273
everyone knows you're the redditor though XDD

you're OBJECTIVELY not good at hiding it fucking retarded kid lmao
>>
>it gets its power from the Sun

>it gets its power from the Sun

>it gets its power from the SUN

FUCK YOU
>>
>>64409243
>I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

Stopped reading there. This is not a place for you to try out your new standup routine.
>>
>This meal tastes exactly the same as that other meal I liked, I'd rather eat that plate of dogshit instead
>>
>>64409058
>I'm 35 years old been living my life towards the fanbase of this series
>>
>>64408661

I saw the movie with my dad and my uncle

Both of them agreed it's a trash rehash of Episode IV that just plays on SW nostalgia
>>
>>64409189
ROFL xD
you must be atleast 18 to post here
also Hello reddit!
>>
>>64409240
because it adds nothing and has no value

reboot MIGHT make sense if the first film was bad
>>
>>64409320
Well fair enough, that's all going to come down to personal tastes. I don't think it can be said to be completely and unarguably worse.
>>
>>64409311
This.

Also Han dying like a butch just so they can throw in another super duper cool reference to Obi-Wan and Vader. Especially since the novel says that it made Kyle Ren weaker because of it.

Could have at least had Han be the deciding factor of if the coreader would blow or not.
>>
>>64409378
>films have poetry

I hate you
>>
File: truth.png (1 MB, 1312x735) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
1 MB, 1312x735
>>
If you like tfa then you're a shit eating redditor faggot. Only episode 1 to 6 is canon.
>>
File: 1442516286249.jpg (31 KB, 297x292) Image search: [Google]
1442516286249.jpg
31 KB, 297x292
>>64409243
>It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors
>>
Want to get endless opinions from nerds?

Make a Star Wars thread on the internet.
>>
>>64409462
You will try
>>
>>64409440

/thread
>>
File: 1441313836104.png (142 KB, 511x564) Image search: [Google]
1441313836104.png
142 KB, 511x564
>>64409361
>>64409449
>getting this easily baited
haha XDDD

literally reddit

>inb4 hurr durr only pretending
LITERALLY a newfag redditor response
>>
DAILY REMINDER
STAR WARS ENDED IN 83' WITH RETURN OF THE JEDI
TFA AND THE PREQUEL TRILOGY ARE NON-CANON
>>
>>64409482

If you like episodes 1 to 3 you're a contrarian shithead who sucks dicks for a living. Only episode 4 to 7 is canon.
>>
>>64409507
>>64409440
Reddit is down again it seems.
>>
>>64409549

At least I can accept this opinion as reasonable. The people defending the prequels and shitting on the new movie are just idiots or trolls
>>
SORRY FAGGOTS
but episode 1-6 ARE ALL PREQUELS TO THE NEW SERIES
ALL ONE BIG CG MUPPET TURD FLASHBACKS
Episode 7 is the new First Installment its time you all get use to it this is no longer your star wars this is My generations star wars
all of you go back to your racist fucking caves its 2016 now origin of vader go watch 1-3 origin of luke go watch 4-6 but I'm sorry
your days are over YOU ARE ALL PREQUELS GET OVER IT TIMEJUMP MOTHER FUCKER
>>
>>64409562
>le only reddit hates the prequels
Yet it was /tv/ that had a sticky dedicated to RLM a couple of weeks ago
>>
>>64409620
>lying on the internet

Hello reddit!
>>
>>64409562

Right, that's why you're here
>>
>>64406565
>TFA was too hard for me to understand

There I just saved you 19 minutes
>>
>>64407366
>You

HAHAHAHA
>>
File: KHB.jpg (53 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
KHB.jpg
53 KB, 736x552
>>64409230
>being this mad
I can feel your asshurt from here friend. You might want take a time out from 4chan.
>>
>>64409550
You probably enjoyed gotg and jw too you nigger loving redditlm cock sucker? Eat shit
>>
>>64406565
>He hates Star Wars 7
So? I liked the movie and nothing's gonna change that. Do you think by posting i'll stop being "stupid"?

I can't be stupid for liking a movie.
>>
>>64409536
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64409639
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/63869247
>being so new you weren't here for a two week old sticky
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64409604
Bait but I do believe this new cast does make the OT feel like prequels to 7 especially with all the new questions the movie has given
and knowing nothing was really saved at the end of ROTJ
>>
>>64406565
>It's bad because it's similar to the original, excellent films
Damn I wish there were more trade federations and gungans
>>
>>64409388
And all of that is true. I've never seen anybody here on this board debate that Disney is making money hand over fist.

You're making a separate argument.
>>
>>64409694
its ok autismo
just accept your defeat and move on
>>
>>64409656
>tfa hard to understand
Tfa was made for autist bandwagoning fucks who cant think for shit just like you
>>
>>64409762
>gives in to the herd mentality like a true redditor drone

Reddit is here.
>>
are british people the most retarded people on the planet? not including my waifu or my reyfu of course
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1242x2208
>>64406565
>listening to a weeb

Lmao opinion discarded. The Force Awakens confirmed for a great film.
>>
I wish George sold it to WB we would have got something a lot better something that makes you think and bullet time shots
>>
>>64409868
Of course weebs like the prequels. Those movies look like cartoons
>>
File: 7865.jpg (8 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
7865.jpg
8 KB, 268x188
>>64409868
E X P O S E D
X
P
O
S
E
D
>>
>>64409742
u r FUCKING STUPID. xDD
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64409868
/thread
>>
>>64406565
why does the truth get so much people mad? he's not even giving opinions he's stating whats really going on in this movie
>>
>>64410028

Redditors don't want the truth, they want something that conforms to their personal opinions.
>>
File: image.gif (50 KB, 347x331) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
50 KB, 347x331
>>64406565
>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-i-t'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE."

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
File: lk.jpg (11 KB, 189x54) Image search: [Google]
lk.jpg
11 KB, 189x54
I can see the guy is a big autismo from his youtube avatar
>>
>>64410062
>contrarian

Reddit has arrived.
>>
Also, Rey is supposed to be this poor lonely scavenger bitch.

She's wearing makeup, shaved armpits, perfectly groomed.

Makes me fucking cringe.

Also - the stormtroopers helmets filter smoke but not "toxins" ? How does that make sense? Why the fuck would it not filter toxins?

What does it take to get some authenticity?
>>
>>64410085
hello reddit!
>>
>>64410062
Rey is a Mary Sue though. Still a better movie than the prequels
>>
>>64410147
>shaved armpits
i am gonna need a source for that one
>>
>>64410062
>using RLM to support your argument

hello reddit
>>
>>64410176

The movie. Look at her armpits.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (143 KB, 604x797) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
143 KB, 604x797
I miss Lucas

His ideas were poorly executed, but they were at the very least original and were able to be used by others to expand the lore in interesting ways

JJ didn't add anything, he just copied the OT and KOTOR for nostalgia brownie points. Nothing was explained because nothing needed to be explained because nothing was new
>>
>>64409466
Thanks for the puke.
>>
>>64410189
find me a picture fagget
>>
>>64410028
people dont like to be told they're wrong.
>>
>>64410222
reddit
>>
>>64410255

That's the best I can find

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/6173636/Star-Wars-countdown--Rey-and-Finn.jpg
>>
>>64410085

Are you kidding? Reddit is a fucking circle jerk where every one agrees with each other and wacks off to making shitty puns.
Being contrarian is the specialty of 4chan. You guys have perfected it to the level of an artform, if smearing shit on a wall could be called art.
>>
>>64410297
i am sure there is some nice stubble there. and what do you expect her to never shave when there is scrap metal lying around everywhere?

did you not see her lick the plate? she doesn't give a fuck
>>
Man, I sure miss all that epic world building that the prequels brought us like the underwater city of cartoon rabbits and Dexter Jettster's 50's diner. I mean, at least the prequels had original ideas that wasn't just fan pandering, like the army of Boba Fett clones and the cult of bad guys that all have the name Darth
>>
>>64410315
The art that's perfected here is being contrarian to being told to be contrarian. Contrarian all the time.
>>
>>64410207
The prequels would have been amazing had he gotten a good director to help out and a great writer to get rid of all the shitty dialogue.
>>
>>64410291
generic response.
>>
>>64410374

And the ridiculous make-up?

And look at her hands in this. It's from a deleted scene, but legit.

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-lightsaber.jpg

Perfectly manicured fingernails.

Lol.

I love when supposedly rugged characters wear nice makeup, shave body hair, professional hairdressers, and manicured fingernails. Cringe.
>>
>>64407097
Yes, it's true. I enjoy them, but they are not great movies (ESB is pretty good).
>>
>>64409741

If you legitimately enjoyed the dogshit that is the prequels than any film you criticize must be fucking high art
>>
>>64410532
BUT LUCAS WAS BASED!! XD MY ANUS HURTS
>>
>>64410547
thats leia you fucking idiot
>>
At this point 4chan honestly is more obsessed with Reddit than Reddit is with Reddit.
>>
>>64409741
I liked gotg but JW was shit
>>
>>64410590

You're right. But 3/4 of my points still stand.
>>
>>64410631
Of course Mr. anonymous, of course! ;^)
>>
>>64409108
hello reddit
>>
5>6>7>4>---POWERGAP--->1>2=3
>>
>>64410682
>7>4
no
>>
>>64410711
Nostalgia has blinded you.
>>
>>64409108
>>64409075
>>64408598
>>64407889
Suck more kike dick, please. He is right. This flick did nothing more than potentially start up a perpetual motion machine of sequels. I hope this isn't the case, but you being so hope that this isn't the case makes me sick.
>>
>>64410791
A
U
T
I
S
M

S
P
E
A
K
S
>>
>I hope this isn't the case
>but you being so hope that this isn't the case
is this autism ?
>>
>>64410832
Different joke please.
>>
Why was it that Leia's ship at the beginning of the original movie just so happened to be flying over Tatooine? You could say "because they were going to see Obi Wan" but that makes little sense; she only called for his help because their ship was fucked and she had no other options. They wouldn't have specifically gone there to see Obi Wan because there was nothing he would've been able to offer them until after the ship was captured.

Why didn't Han pay off his debt to jabba using the reward for saving princess leia?

At the beginning of the movie, the star destroyer had sensors that could detect whether or not ships had life signs on them. Why could they not do the same when they captured the falcon on the death star?
>>
>>64410878
Sorry, I don't know all your triggers.
I didn't mean to set you off.
>>
File: 1362974301245.gif (763 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1362974301245.gif
763 KB, 500x275
>>64408447
wait, youre telling me that they only made this movie for the money?
>>
File: jackiechan.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jackiechan.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>64406565
>Clickbait title.
>Immediately complains that people disagree
>Spends first minute saying nothing
>Spends way too much time complaining that it's similar to the OT. It's well established among all criticism that it's the "soft reboot." "Being too similar to star wars" isn't a valid criticism to most people.
>Complains about protagonists being too powerful or capable, suggests that the prequels were somehow better.
>Complains about things left unsaid. Complains about loose ends in the first film in a trilogy, compares it to ROTJ (last film in a trilogy).
>Complains that they blow up random planets with Star Killer base without making us care about the people. Cool with them blowing up a random planet with the Death Star with even less exposition.
>Complains about convenient coincidences in a Star Wars movie.
>Complains about "constant jokes" in a movie where there aren't really constant jokes.
>Sucks prequel dick.
>Says they "expanded" the universe in a positive way.
>Complains about differing continuity between 6 and 7, argues that the shiny cgi prequel universe is a less jarring transition to the gritty 70's OT.
>Complains about questionable science of Starkiller Base, doesn't care about questionable science of Deathstar. Spends minutes about "stupid" weapon.
>Complains that people still build "superweapons."
>Complains about Poe's skills. He's supposed to be the best pilot in the resistence, cool with baby anakin's skills in the prequels.
>Calls Finn inconsistent, cites no real examples.
>Parrots Max Landis' Mary Sue complaint.
>Complains that people witness Han's death in TFA. Cool with people witnessing Obi-Wan's death in ANH.
>Complains that Leah hugs her likely niece before hugging her ex's gorilla dog sidekick.
>Compares Han, Luke, and Leia's relationship in the second movie.
>Admits he was anticipating a bad movie. Confirmation bias confirmed.
>Literally every complain he made could be applied to the Prequels. Ignores that.
>>
>>64406611
You should take a break from /tv/, anon. Seriously, it's warped your head.

Even if you didn't like TFA, read what you've just written and consider how much context you need in order to understand your nonsense criticism
>>
>>64410993
Just be more original, its not hard.
>>
File: tv-btfo.jpg (589 KB, 1427x335) Image search: [Google]
tv-btfo.jpg
589 KB, 1427x335
Reminder.
>>
>>64410961
There may be explanations for the earlier two that I'm too lazy to google, but the last one is stupid. It would presumably be much easier to detect life on an escape pod than on a full ship designed for smuggling.
>>
>>64406565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRHy3cu31M
>>
>>64411083
I just call it like I see it.
If more than one person calls you an autist, then maybe...
>>
>>64411214
holy shit
>>
>>64411230
>If more than one person calls you an autist, then maybe...
...you're on 4chan, where autist is one of the most common insults?
>>
>>64408168
That's one less manlet we need to stop.
>>
OT>TFA>>PT

The only acceptable answer.
>inb4 reddit, plinkett
>>
>>64406611
Wow... so this is.... The power... Of /tv/-tier shitposting
>>
>>64411273
Because 4chan is full of them.
That's like going to China and wondering why there are so many Chinese people.
>>
>>64408267
Saying the prequels were "better than" anything is proof of contrarian hipster faggery.
>>
>>64411342
No it's full of people who wish they actually were so they'd have an excuse.
>>
File: 1450753188506.jpg (73 KB, 385x358) Image search: [Google]
1450753188506.jpg
73 KB, 385x358
>>64410062
None of that even matters u fuck wit the film has literally no context no depth no story telling at all.

JEw Jew Abrhams is a hack he stymies us and lacks creativity.

It's a shallow husk pretending to be like the original trilogy except its nothing like it it's a hack job jew jew abhrams steaming pile of shit.

If anyone who went and saw the movie and actually thought it was more than ok, isn't a Starwars Fan you dont deserve to be one if you actually thought this garbage film deserve to be starwars.

Its a Travesty that this film was actually made because it tarnishes the reputation of an epic saga any real starwars fan will just ignore this trilogy if the other 2 films end up being shit and they probably will because JJ is gonna be producer for the next 2 so i bet he has some say in what happens and not just rian johnson alone.

The Prequels were atleast interesting and piqued our curiousity atleast.

The FARCE AWAKENS fails on all levels to amount to anything
>>
>>64406611
But how do you really feel, dipshit?
>>
>>64410682
>6>7
>6>4
>6>1
When was the last time you watched 6?
>>
>>64410062
Their butt devastation has been glorious.
>>
>>64411136

Reminder for who?

People too fucking stupid to remember that they are on 4chan?

Get a grip m8
>>
>>64410207
>I miss Chris-Chan
>His ideas were poorly executed, but they were at the very least original and were able to be used by others to expand the lore in interesting ways
>>
>>64411353
>Saying the prequels were "better than" anything is proof of contrarian hipster faggery.
Maybe if you keep saying it it'll be true.
>>
>>64410150
Mary Sue as a trope doesn't really apply to protagonists in adventure fantasy. It never did before this hivemind was started by Max Landis. Protagonists are supposed to be audience surrogates, they're supposed to overcome extraordinary odds, they're supposed to be wish fulfillment fantasies. Almost ALL protagonists in relevant genres would fall into the generally understood definition of the concept, which is why complaining about it is retarded. And it's only occurring because she is a she.
>>
>all the butthurt in the comments and this thread

JAY JAY EXPOSED
REDDIT ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>64411441
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your opinion is incorrect.
>>
>>64411054
He's a weeaboo asperger. I'm surprised the video isn't 8 hours long.
>>
TFA was good. Deal with it cunts.
Also,
Objective order:
5>6>4>3>2>1
Actual order:
6>3>5>7>4>2>1
>>
>>64411555
>Maybe if you keep saying it it'll be true.
Not sure what that really even means. It is objectively true. They are objectively, quantifiably very bad movies.
>>
>>64411721
Right, keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>64411721
>art is objective

Reddit is on the loose again.
>>
>>64406565
TL:DR
>TFA: Fanservice/$>original story/characters/worlds/lore
>OT & PT: Original story/characters/worlds lore>fan service.

Why post long ass video when a Pulitzer prize winning columnist from the LA Times said the same thing in like 5 paragraphs?
>>
>>64411621
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDRgDmXGi4
>>
>>64411781
Yeah he could have shortened it down to like a fifth of the length, the only thing he added that wasn't that was more original was a critique of Starkiller physics. He's still got good point in a long winded way though.
>>
>>64411535
Chris-Chan's still around. He even started making Sonichu comics again like two weeks ago or something.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.