[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FAT FUCK FAILS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12
File: dx1es1.jpg (15 KB, 355x439) Image search: [Google]
dx1es1.jpg
15 KB, 355x439
GRRM fails at deadline for Winds of Winter. Game of Thrones will definitely spoil the books.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/
>>
File: 1396876995657.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1396876995657.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
t-thanks george. It truly feels good to be a bookfag. FUCK YOU
>>
File: 10.jpg (51 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
51 KB, 500x400
book nerds on suicide watch
>>
File: 1424142479305.jpg (44 KB, 636x960) Image search: [Google]
1424142479305.jpg
44 KB, 636x960
>>64401816
>reading anything by GRRM
>not just waiting until the whole series ends, if it ends, and reading it then
>not reading other, better series than his
>mfw
>>
>>64401537
Can't rush art.
>>
>>64401915
Art? Nigga, ASoIaF is pulp fiction, at best.
>>
File: 1.png (53 KB, 1232x535) Image search: [Google]
1.png
53 KB, 1232x535
Reminder that he's done five spin-offs/novellas (six if you count the reworking) in the time he's been "trying his hardest" to complete TWOW.
>>
Is GRRM a mary sue?
>>
Here's my favorite parts from the blogpost

>We all wanted book six of A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE to come out before season six of the HBO show aired. Assuming the show would return in early April, that meant THE WINDS OF WINTER had to be published before the end of March, at the latest. For that to happen, my publishers told me, they would need the completed manuscript before the end of October. That seemed very do-able to me... in May. So there was the first deadline: Halloween.
>>
File: 960x540.jpg (42 KB, 748x540) Image search: [Google]
960x540.jpg
42 KB, 748x540
>>64402000
>Unfortunately, the writing did not go as fast or as well as I would have liked. You can blame my travels or my blog posts or the distractions of other projects and the Cocteau and whatever, but maybe all that had an impact... you can blame my age, and maybe that had an impact too...but if truth be told, sometimes the writing goes well and sometimes it doesn't, and that was true for me even when I was in my 20s. And as spring turned to summer, I was having more bad days than good ones. Around about August, I had to face facts: I was not going to be done by Halloween. I cannot tell you how deeply that realization depressed me.
>>
>>64401973
There's authors out there that write novellas in the middle of their novels, yet they can make it more or less on time. George is just lazy.
>>
>>64402038
If you had to opportunity to bang that Turkish slut, you would too.
>>
>>64402038
>I was having more bad days than good ones

I guess taking trips all over the world and writing several thousand-words posts about pure nothingness on your blog really tires you. Poor Georgie.
>>
File: VKEAM4K.jpg (120 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
VKEAM4K.jpg
120 KB, 960x960
>>64402038
>Early August saw me back east for my nephew's wedding and an appearance with the Staten Island Direwolves. I took advantage of the visit to have another sit down with my editors and publishers and told them that I didn't think I could deliver by Halloween. I thought they'd be sick about it... but I have to say, my editors and publishers are great, and they took it with surprising equanimity. (Maybe they knew it before I did). They already had contigencies in place. They had made plans to speed up production. If I could deliver WINDS OF WINTER by the end of the year, they told me, they could still get it our before the end of March.
>>
>>64402139
It's not a blog
>>
>>64402139
Has anybody done a word count on how much bullshit he wrote about the Hugos?
>>
File: pff.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pff.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
hbo will finish got.
you can fuck off george we dont need you anymore.
>>
File: 451642544.jpg (42 KB, 564x360) Image search: [Google]
451642544.jpg
42 KB, 564x360
>>64402176
>I was immensely relieved. I had two whole extra months! I could make that, certainly. August was an insane month, too much travel, too many other obligations... but I'd have September, October, and now November and December as well. Once again I was confident I could do it.
>>
Why is this thread already on autosage? Oh come on.
>>
>>64402186
I'm going to do it right now, I'm actually curious.

>>64402226
not enough shitposting about star wars son. Need to give them some space.
>>
File: BN-GC062_GRRM2_G_20141218155518.jpg (106 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
BN-GC062_GRRM2_G_20141218155518.jpg
106 KB, 553x369
>>64402221
>Here it is, the first of January. The book is not done, not delivered. No words can change that. I tried, I promise you. I failed. I blew the Halloween deadline, and I've now blown the end of the year deadline. And that almost certainly means that no, THE WINDS OF WINTER will not be published before the sixth season of GAME OF THRONES premieres in April (mid April, we are now told, not early April, but those two weeks will not save me). Even as late as my birthday and our big Emmy win, I still thought I could do it... but the days and weeks flew by faster than the pile of pages grew, and (as I often do) I grew unhappy with some of the choices I'd made and began to revise... and suddenly it was October, and then November... and as the suspicion grew that I would not make it after all, a gloom set in, and I found myself struggling even more. The fewer the days, the greater the stress, and the slower the pace of my writing became.
>>
>>64402226
the mods get butthurt anytime GoT is mentioned.
>>
also holy shit go read the comments on his blogpost. These people are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>64402293
You fat manchild.
STOP
FUCKING
TRAVELING

You're so close Georgie boy. You're gonna cement yourself in history if you just finish strong. Surely that's worth waiting a few years to celebrate?? Come on man just buckle down and do it.
>>
>>64402186
over eight thousand words, more or less.
>>
File: ChrisHowGoodLookingAmI.jpg (43 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
ChrisHowGoodLookingAmI.jpg
43 KB, 480x640
>>64402293
>The fewer the days, the greater the stress, and the slower the pace of my writing became.
He just hasn't been feeling da inspiration to draw... to write... da siss book in da Son of Ice and Fire series, and all those dang dirty trolls telling him to get to work are just interfereing wit da creative process and the depression... it strikes him as fast and powerfully as a bullet.
>>
>>64402333
It's fucking hilarious how everyone's supporting him and saying the rest of the fans should be happy he gave an update and should just wait for the books.

Someone's obviously deleting any bad comments though, no way would all the ones on the first page be positive
>>
>>64402530
Is GRRM gonna become a tomgirl?
>>
>obese people are not only lazy at keeping their bodies in shape, but doing their job as well.

This is why I never hire fat people.
>>
>>64402572
With mantits like his, he can be anything you want him to be, honey.
>>
>>64402616
>It puts the lotion in the basket
>>
>>64402557
Feels like the elephant in the room, but I guess you can't say it to his face can you?
No reason to attack the fans though, I hate this sort of mindless yes-man mentality idiots get. How dare people that pay good money and wait two decades get an ending! Fuck you faggot, if I was a long time fan I would be PISSED the show overtook the books.
>>
>>64402744
Hell I've only been a fan for 6 years and I'm pissed. There is no excuse for the shit he pulls. It's not like he's writing literary fiction, it's standard medieval fantasy crap.
>>
>>64402851
GRRM writes mystery novels masquerading as fantasy, so it's understandable that he's written himself into a corner since he's a fantasy author by trade.
>>
>>64402851
It's been said before and it'll be said again. He's just lazy and looks for every excuse not to work.

>it's spring, I have to go to conventions, I can't work
>it's summer, I have to take my vacation, I can't work
>it's fall, time for football
>it's winter, I have to spend time with my family

You're lucky if you get a whole hour's worth of work on a book from him per day.
>>
File: Book Burning.webm (3 MB, 428x280) Image search: [Google]
Book Burning.webm
3 MB, 428x280
Someone's gonna have to make a new one of this. This update is fucking hilarious.
>>
I just searched through my mail and it seems I had ordered the 4 first books on Dec 31st 2009.

I can't believe people are waiting even longer for this shitty pulp series to end.
>>
>>64401944
manlet
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.