[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YOU AND YOUR HALF-BEAR SON GET TO WALK ON OUT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 8
File: fitzgerald.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
fitzgerald.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
>YOU AND YOUR HALF-BEAR SON GET TO WALK ON OUT?
>>
Seriously why are there literally no threads about this movie? Id love to discuss it but all we get is fucking 50 threads about star wars, oh wait i forgot this is a board for meme loving manchildren who collect toys and enjoy battles with glowing swords instead of something based on an actual real story
>>
Tom Hardy literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>64400713
Because Revenant is not going to continue. There's much more to discuss about Star Wars because the universe is massive and there's infinite number of things to discuss about it. It was a great film, but there's absolutely nothing to discuss.
>>
>>64400713
nobody likes anything that tries to be artistic unless it's too obscure to be commented on
>>
>>64400713
what is there to discuss, tho? it was pretty straightforward.
>>
>>64400713
I tried but my revenant thread got like 13 replies before it got archived
>>
>>64400758
probably shouldnt have killed the kid
>>
>>64401343

Kid shouldn't have spazzed out he could have let those two go and stayed with his dad
>>
>>64401390
why didnt he just hit the kid and knock him out?
>>
MEBBEUSHULDA RAZEDUR SHUN TUBBY A REAL MAN INSTEADA SOME TREENIGGER LIL BITCH I TELLYA WHUT
>>
>>64400758

This.

His only mistake was not to stab Di Caprio too. But the movie would have been 1h shorter. Why not...it was pretty boring anyway
>>
>>64401413
Because the kid would never leave his father and he wanted the money.
>>
>>64401413

Yeah tbqh he should have pham but then we'd have no movie
>>
>>64401522
how would that stop him from getting the money? leo was still down and out and the kid would have stuck by him. he coulda just took the money and left like he was doing at the end
>>
>>64401594

+ the ree would have found them soon as well
>>
Finished watching it recently, at first i've though "wow, what a great movie, decently shot, nice performances, somewhat credible story"

Then i looked up the real facts and ended up to the same fucking conclusion as always:

Jewllywood made it again.

The racist guy wasn't actually racist, the hero wasn't actually a sjw nor a lover of the indians(he even got killed by them), he never had a mixed son nor a indian wife, and he never wanted to kill fitzgerald
>>
>>64401594
Since Leo made it back all by his own, he surely would have made it back with his kid by his side.
>>
>>64400713
It's not out in theaters everywhere yet. Come next Friday, and there should be tons of threads.
>>
>>64400713
>based on an actual real story

The kid and dead wife plot was made up and inserted only so as to attract the lowest common denominator MUH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT crowd.
>>
>>64401696
this

Fuck this flick. Watched it and enjoyed it until the end. It was like Gravity in the winter, which I liked. But then there was all this heavy handed "white man evil, non-white man soulful and kind" and I got annoyed. Checked out IMDB, and to no surprise, it was directed by a SJW spic.

desu senpai: tryhard/10 + SJW elements
>>
>>64401930
>non-white man soulful and kind
except they show multiple times indians brutally killing white men
>>
>>64401930
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage it's this shit pulled over and over again in all movies regarding natives.
The only movie that does not portray them in this fictional model is apocalypto, and i insist, is the only truthful movie about them, everything else is just pure bullshit, natives were as corrupted and evil as everyone else, they were humans after all.
>>
>>64402057
But they have a back up for that killing "they killed/kidpanned my daughter and burned my villages and invaded my territory, e-evil baka waitu piggu", their killings are "justified" while white people only kill indians because "they racis" or "they wanna make profits by stealing resources from the poor indians"
>>
/pelts/ general?
>>
Plus it was common as fuck for indians to kidnap and rape white women or other tribes's women. This peaceloving indians bullshit only exists in fairy tales, most of them were and are the most materialistic folks you'd ever see in your life, and this was universal all through the americas as well.

t. i've read a lot about pre-columbian cultures and colonization era
>>
>>64400713
>I wasn't here when the screener dropped
Everyone talked about it, called Leo tryhard, called the big guy a good actor, called each other treeniggers, shitposted about how Inarritu and Lubezki are meme people etc.
>>
>>64400227
ok here's something to discuss you fags:

why is leo's character living with indians, why does he have an indian wife? afaik it was never explained beyond le spoopy flashbacks
>>
>>64402266
>screeners

Not even once.
>>
File: fgsfds.jpg (128 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
fgsfds.jpg
128 KB, 720x720
>>64401390
>Kid shouldn't have spazzed out after he saw him trying to kill his father
>>
>>64402057
That doesn't really matter senpai. The end scene where Leo delivers them the "evil" white devil and they scalp him is where the movie turned hollywood. When they didn't scalp DiCaprio it turned SJW for me, as if they were oh so wise to sense the goodness inside of him. Come on, it's war. Everyone gets scalped, raped and/or captured

.>>64402060
I see. The thing that tipped me off is the spic director, which I suspect has some reverence for his retarded ancestors. In this day and age, it seems insidious if you don't portray these savages as the faggots they were.
>>
Why does he wear the hat?
>>
>>64402322
>When they didn't scalp DiCaprio it turned SJW for me, as if they were oh so wise to sense the goodness inside of him.
Did you not see the girl was with them? She obviously told them that he was the good gaijin.
>>
>>64402149
No, the indian dude who was best buddys with Leo said that a group of indians also slaugthered his tribe. And the killings done by the indians were pretty brutal. And if you really are butthurt about ''white men killing animals and ruining nature'' then go read a history book because that shit happened in real life.
>>
>>64402322
>When they didn't scalp DiCaprio it turned SJW for me, as if they were oh so wise to sense the goodness inside of him.
Watch the movie you fucking retard, the indian girl was with them. She obviously told them that Leo was the one who saved her.
>>
>>64402322
Don't know about iñarritu(which in fact is a basque surname, but since he's mexican is no surprise his family also mixed with indians), but many people in the americas don't see natives in a good way. Me for example(although i don't have any native relatives in my family), but yeah, the common folk from the americas feels closer to the natives than their european relatives because of all this brainwashing "noble savage" fairy tale.
I've met indians, i worked with them and i can tell you, they're the most materialistic/capitalistic fuckers i've ever met, and they take advantage of the fools who believe they're noble, pacifist and nature lovers, they love to count their money and scam you whenever they see the opportunity, and this kind of behaviour can be traced to the very beginning of the relationships between the european and them
>>
>>64402504
Im mad about this jewllywood agenda to make the white man look worse than the rest for free. Humanity is the same it can be shtity or good it doesn't matter if you're white, black, native, yellow, a man or a woman, we're all potential fuckers, and natives are no exception
>>
>>64402404
>>64402544
Oh, I didn't notice that. It's not like it stands out. All indians look alike to me.

>>64402593
I guess it was a "noble savage" type of deal, and nothing really insidious. It still takes away from the movie, by making it less realistic and casting a shadow on DiCaprio's character fight for survival.

I remember a story where a dude who was imprisoned in Siberia came back to Romania over a number of years, through the war, eating dirt and roots and all that shit to survive.
>>
>>64402708
Whatever batshit crazy conspiracy you believe in, this movie had none of it.
>>
>>64402309

He was dying anyway

>inb4 BUH HE CAME BACK TO LIFE

None of them knew he would at the time, it was the right thing to do, the Ree came anyway, they would have all been dead if he didn't do what he did.
>>
>>64402964
The Ree were never there. Fitzgerald made that up so Bridger went along with him.
>>
File: Bawww.jpg (93 KB, 294x295) Image search: [Google]
Bawww.jpg
93 KB, 294x295
>the REEEEEEEE
OSCARIES GET OUT
>>
>>64402885
except the stuff everyones already mentioned of course
>>
>>64403029
They came along after looking for the daughter...
>>
>>64401930
Wut
>>
>>64403183
Yeah, way after. Even Leo himself was already long gone and he took his sweet time.
>>
>/pol/ ruins another thread again

This is why we can't have these type of threads ffs...
>>
>>64403320
this desu senpai
>>
File: pepe indian.jpg (88 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
pepe indian.jpg
88 KB, 500x495
>>64403029
>the ree
>>
>>64403320
>>64403379
Shut the fuck up you faggots. The inaccurate portrayal of these savages is a real issue with the movie. It's not as pronounced as in other movies, but at this point, you can't blame any white man for being defensive.
>>
Very pissed off for what happened to my ginger husbando. This movie would be 8/10 if they got rid of the kid with the fucking crazy eyebrows, blown his fucking head off or something
>>
>>64403401

Would look better with a scalped wojak on the floor crying tbqh pham
>>
>>64403479
>The inaccurate portrayal
Please elaborate on this, i'd like to see you try explain a better portrayal.
>>
>I know everything about a race of people who have been extinct for hundreds of years

/pol/ ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>64403401
>Not Poo Poo Tee Pee
>>
>>64400713

It's interesting that your metric of quality is whether or not a film is based on a true story.
>>
>>64403603
I'm just tired of seeing them as straight and honest people who are having their territories taken over by evil white people.

How about show them as bloodthirsty savages, at least once. Just once. Show them rape a woman as well. Is that too much to ask for? It's not like it didn't happen.
>>
>>64403784
>How about show them as bloodthirsty savages, at least once.
They do that in the movie, anon. They don't rape a woman because there are almost no women in the movie. But the indian were fucking brutal.
>>
>>64403784

Just watch Bone Tomahawk you ninny.
>>
>>64403667

>I detest colonialism but you better subscribe to my ideology or i'll have you banned shitlord

t. sjw
>>
>>64403784

Did you even watch the movie, retard?
>>
>>64403846
>>64403854
I was just backed up in a corner and had to come up with a reply. The issue I had with the movie had already been addressed (the ending). Overall, it's not the movie for me. I'd definitely give it a strong 7/weak 8.

>>64403873
Never reply to me again.
>>
>>64403982

This post baffles me.
>>
>>64403982

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>64404071
>>64404090

What? I literally think in memes and confrontation. What do you want from me?
>>
Why are people speaking about the Indians in the context of this movie as if they were good people? Some Frenchies stole their girl and they ended up traversing the entire fucking frontier killing everyone and everything. And then the old chief gives a generalized niggerly excuse that the whites didn't belong there anyway and was trespassing on all this fucking tundra that belongs to his people since the days of their great infinite grandfathers and shit, and then proceeds to trade because 'muh honor' - which is basically his way of saying hes a two faced hypocrite.

Meanwhile some Frenchie was butthumping his daughter the entire time under a pile of fur and hay while he was delivering his spiel on white oppression. Meanwhile there are Indian natives who gathered around the company fort and do an honest day's work. This movie did everything possible to stick a fork in the noble savage meme.
>>
Does he have a halfie son just to make him more likable?
>>
>>64404388
I mean look at it:

1. The white men is driven by greed (furs), the indian is driven by family

2. The only good white man is the one who lived with the indians (he even tells his son that the white men will only judge him by the color of his skin, while the indians obviously accept the white man)

In other words: indians victims, gud bois dindus, white man evil oppresor, unless he gets NATIVED.

/pol/ is always right.
>>
>>64404471
i feel like the wife/son part of the story should've been left out, that and the ending, otherwise good movie even tho leo is not getting any oscars again probably
>>
File: Leonardo-DiCaprio-The-Revenant.jpg (76 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo-DiCaprio-The-Revenant.jpg
76 KB, 940x545
daily reminder that Glass was to blame for almost everything bad that happened in the movie

>supposed to be on lookout, but goes moose hunting instead
>treeniggers catch the entire camp by surprise
>supposed to be a great tracker and outdoorsman, but gets between a mama bear and its cubs, literally the first rule of what not to do
>gets random treenigger to save him, which costs him his life because he hung around healing glass and gets caught by the french
>gets the captain (one of the only good guys in the movie) killed hunting for fitz
>>
>>64404544

The white men trade furs for paper money to take home to their families.
The Indians steal white men's furs for guns and horses to wage war out of racism and false assumptions.
The one lone Indian didn't kill Leo on sight and saved his life. Why? Because he was a civilized fucker who actually talked to Leo instead of putting 10 arrows in his back on first reaction.
The Indian woman was able to cooperate with Leo in their escape. Why? Because she was smart enough to understand that Leo wasn't one of the Frenchies and they were able to form a deal during that time which allowed them to get what they needed in that moment.
The moral of the story is people need to talk shit out and understand each other to get important things done, because going all willy nilly doesn't help anybody.
Someone could argue that the initial Indian attack was their form of protest to draw attention to the issue that some white people captured one of their women, but then I'd just laugh in his face for being a liberal fuck.
>>
>>64404836
I am pretty sure the moral of the story is that there are heroes on both sides.
>>
let's talk about how fake the bear looked
>>
>>64404817

I honestly don't get why we are meant to feel sorry for him, no one literally gave a fuck about the injured being left behind in the camp when they legged it to the boats, you even hear a scream of 'please don't leave without me' as they sail off.

But they are supposed to drop everything and carry leo to the fort when he dun goofed.

Na mane, should have just left him there and told the son either come with them or stay.
>>
>>64404836
>>64404885
I think this nigga said it best:

>>64404758

The movie would've been much better as a pure survival flick. It would've also worked if Big Guy would've cucked no-oscar Leo out of his revenge and killed him in the end, or if the indian savages killed them both. As it stands, it made itself out as a generic pseudo-artisitic oscarbait.
>>
The tacked on, completely fictional indian-Glass romance killed this movie

Why do they have to make their goddam ridiculous race-mixing agenda so fucking obvious by plugging it into every single hollywood movie?
>>
>>64404963

Leo won't get any oscars because most of the movie is Leo talking the long way home, occasionally saying something every 5 to 10 minutes. It might have ended up being the best survival movie ever made, but the Academy judges don't give a shit because they don't call that great acting.
>>
The story seems ridiculous in light of the actual historical events. Will people ever get tired of the same absurd over-dramatization?
>historical: Two brash young men volunteer to wait for Glass to die and bury him. He remains totally unconscious, but alive. They quickly regret their decision and decide to abandon him and catch up with their group, taking his belongings on assumption that he'll soon die. Glass hunts the men down, ultimately sparing both out of mercy and to avoid trouble, walking away with just his reclaimed Hawken rifle and accessories. After escaping death numerous times, his old nemeses the Arikara finally kill him in the end.
>movie: PSYCHOPATHIC WHITE RACIST MURDERER with a grudge tries to strangle Glass and kills his noble savage son when he protests, while Glass writhes in agony totally conscious. Glass violently rescues a noble savage princess from white rapists, finally dueling murderer in an elongated bloodbattle, before some deus-ex-noble-savages appear to deliver a final gory justice.
>>
>>64405912
I FUCKING KNEW IT

spic director did have an agenda

>go back to /pol/
fucking faggots
>>
how did Glass' wife die? never understood that
>>
>>64405912
>waaa why isn't the movie like what really happened

If you want realism stop watching movies and go outside
>>
>>64406224
>stop holding things to any kind of standard of quality
>>
>>64406224
look at this person, everyone.

the type of cunt who demands the black 13% become 50% in the media, the faggot who never wants asians, spics, arabs etc. The little bitch calling for "realistic representation".
>>
>>64405912
>>64406047
>>64406311

The bear scene is 100% CGI and you want to bitch about written fiction being fictional
>>
>>64406050

Shot during a raid on the indian camp by soldiers.
>>
>>64406402
>muh CGI

fuck off
>>
>>64406047
>I FUCKING KNEW IT
What, you couldn't find that out for yourself?
>>
>>64405912

Damn, literally real life is literally better than the movie
>>
>>64406402
>>64406224
(you)
>>
>>64406047

It's really past time that /pol/ shills go back to their containment board... all of you really just need to drop dead at this point. You're even whinier than feminist bloggers. Probably fatter too.
>>
File: 1444699881460.jpg (22 KB, 415x388) Image search: [Google]
1444699881460.jpg
22 KB, 415x388
>>64406469
>>64406559
>>
>>64406602
hehe
meme
>>
>>64406615
hehe
meme
>>
>>64406655
hehe
meme
>>
>>64406615
>hehe
>meme
jesus it's this autist the one spamming "look it's pol im trolling them"
>>
>>64406683
hehe
meme
>>
I really hate how undesirables and their destructive instincts are polluting this board whenever an idea doesn't forward their slimy agenda. Filthy shitskins, women and liberals need to go to where they're welcome and leave decent conservative christians alone.
>>
ITT: WHITE MAN GUD HE DINDU NUFFIN

You stupid fucking cucks need to actually watch this movie because it portrays natives as unreasonable and as selfish as everyone else in this fucking movie. Leo telling his half breed son that they only see him for his skin is not some agenda conforming piece of dialogue but a completely realistic portrayal of racism at the time (but I guess you revitionists will deny this and say that there was no racism right).

There is no fucking agenda you god damn morons, Iñárritu is one of the few directors who has very little to do with Jewllywood (look up the production of this film and who financed it) and you fail to see this because in your cucks mind you're constantly under attack (victim complex just as big as what niggers do on the daily).
>>
>>64406856
>>64407000
same faggot
>>
File: mule.jpg (23 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mule.jpg
23 KB, 500x300
hehe . . . meme
>>
>>64406856
HI GUYS POL HERE LIKE YOU, IM ALSO A EVIL REPUBLICAN JUST LIKE YALL
>>
>>64407000

Would you rather live in a society were you could be scalped at any time or the society the white man built that lets you shitpost freely on the internet?
>>
>>64404885
George pls
>>
>>64407167
The one the white man built you stupid fuck that's why I'm alive right now. Your shitty question does not address as single point made in my post so it's clear that you like to divert attention through stupid questions. If you actually read my post then you'd see that I never championed the native, but I guess you were too busy sucking black cock to read it properly.
>>
>>64407167

At least I can scalp you for shitposting in the other society
>>
The best thing about the movie was the nature moments
The plot was pretty boring and straightforward
Glass should have died like 5 times
>>
>>64400758
Tom Hardy was the biggest piece of shit I've seen in a movie for at lest a decade.
>>
>>64400713
because it was essentially a bear mauling, then a long walk, then a knife fight sprinkled with some vistas and dream sequences.
>>
>>64407354

Have you even watched Captain Tom Hardy in Star Trek: Nemesis?
>>
>>64407354

Try dragging 70kg of dead weight everywhere for 2 days straight and see how you feel.

He made the smart decision

Notice how most of the others made it back alive to the fort once they dropped Glass off?
>>
As a 'yaller squaw", (half Russian, half Tlingit", I'd say that the movie did pretty good in portraying the potential for all people to be brutalistic or kind, regardless of race or upbringing. What amuses me is how vehemently people on here try to reinforce the Hobbesian idea of human existence being a constant "war of all against all", if only to shift the blame of the horrors of American expansionism onto people that had experienced a literal apocalypse. Not to say that there weren't exceptions, but my ancestors had to shift their methods of warfare to become more brutalized, generally out of our inability to independently manufacture firearms or our disadvantage with numbers (in comparison to the hordes of settlers that came with the gold rush in Alaska). Don't be surprised if we might have been a little " savage" in our methods when we felt like cornered animals with nowhere to hide. Hell, if the building of the railroads had never sped up your "progress" and we had had time to have gained some immunity to the pox, our peoples could have been great trading partners.

What's done is done, but don't be surprised if somebody calls you out on your revisionist bullshit. You can call me a treenigger if you want, but don't believe that the countless bloodbaths that happened from Europe's historical wars are somehow justified on a continent that will never be yours alone. I couldn't care for the colour of your skin, but the ideas that you've come to identify with truly make you dangerous.
>>
>>64407464
Only because they tracked Glass instead of them.
>>
>>64407476
Better dangerous ideas than irrelevant ideas.
>>
>>64407476
My man, we're talking about war here. If the indians would've had the technologies and capabilities that the europeans had, we would've had the United States of Europe. It's the only logical conclusion that any man who looks upon others as equals can come to.
>>
>>64400832
I JUST LEARNED WHAT MARY SUE IS
>>
>>64408352
are you implying something fuccboi?
>>
holy shit /pol/ is fucking cancer. They had bad people on both sides. The 3 main good guys were white Leos, gleesons, and poulters. But no just a couple white dudes are bad and /pol/ gets very angry. Just stop posting if youre obsession with non whites doesnt let you discuss such a simple thing
>>
>>64409363
what's wrong, is it cold in your cuckshed tonight?
>>
>>64409441
Yall are so obsessed with black cocks. Its on your mind like 24/7
>>
>>64409363
>good guys

There is no good guys m8, only those that live to tell the tale.
>>
File: apocalypto.jpg (35 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
apocalypto.jpg
35 KB, 400x570
>>64407476
What you don't understand is that you'll never see a fucking movie about the centuries and centuries of the arab slave trade (that involved many white slaves), nor even French slaves after the conquest of Julius Ceasar, it's ALWAYS about "evil withey" who can't be victim, it's one dimension.

Furthermore the film insists even more on its propaganda with its nice race-mixing protagonist.

Iñárritu is an obvious leftist, and even said he was concerned about the fact people are talking about building walls... instead of building bridges... Yeah let's build a fucking bridge between Europe and Africa once and for all.

What Iñárritu did here is just Tarantino-wiggerish rant but with more arty Malickian shooting and pacing.

Oscar bait all the way.

Malick and Gibson did that much better and without leftist racial resentment.
>>
Man I hate Indians so much. Do people not realize how savage they were?
>>
>>64407000
You don't have to be an apologist for Indians' suffering to see the movie is pretty one-sided.
>Arikara just want to find their princess, kidnapped by whites, justification hammered in nearly every time we see them killing. "She's not here, they must've taken her somewhere else! These pelts can be used to purchase horses in our quest, onward!"
>Any hostility against Glass is now merely mistaken identity, a white victim caught up in the struggle. After rescuing the princess, they understand his innocence and spare him.
>Arikara depicted as stoic warriors whose violence mystically reflects natural and divine law,
while whites are crude, greedy monsters. "Gimme a big titted injun girl!" Muh honor, muh evil white devil stole our land.
>Glass's mystical Indian paradise was destroyed by white soldiers. He serves as our white prophet witness to the beauty of a dishonored people. Meanwhile historically Glass was adopted by Pawnee but was allowed to leave as an ambassador to the U.S. and never went back. It was his status as a former Pawnee that made his enmity with the Arikara even more bitter and personal, being their formal tribal enemy.
>Arikara village slaughtered by Captain Leavenworth. Meanwhile historically the captain refused to fight them, giving them time to desert and regroup. The trappers, endlessly raided by Arikara, were so pissed off at his lack of resolve that they burned the abandoned village in spite.
>Turns out whites not only stole the princess and raped her, but also murdered Glass's Pawnee buddy. Their little philosophical note left on the body, "We're all savages", unfortunately has no resonance in a revenge film which does nothing but reformulate the noble savage myth for a generation more exposed to brutality in media
>"them injuns down in Texas might rob you but ain't gonna take your top knot"
>laughingComanches.jpg
>>
>>64404928
he was the guide, they were pretty fucked without him
>>
>>64409935
he was the guide that got mauled by a bear. why was he out there all alone then anyway? face it, he sucked at his job.
>>
>>64409759

You're drinking too much of the /pol/ koolade. The movies involving Indians in the last two decades are tame on the rhetoric compared to the 80s with Dancing With Wolves and Last of the Mohicans. Most movies recognize the savage aspect, highlight the noble part as the exception to the norm, and generally involve whites as a comment on how inhumane the Western powers were in general as opposed to how they were beasts and savages compared to X.
>>
>>64410080
forward scout in possibly hostile territory I guess, makes sense to me
>>
>fire arrows
Holy shit, when will this die?
>>
>>64409763
>Arikara just want to find their princess, kidnapped by whites

>french
>white

pick one only m8

also, the implication of her getting gangbanged every night was the only exciting thing about this whole dull movie.
>>
How did he go from being motionless and unable to move on a stretcher to swimming, crawling, and walking in like 2 days?
>>
Why is it that you fucking fags think that any and all representation of human joy is an allusion to how one race is more "noble" than another? I understand that it's a common devise utilized to "humanize" one group of people while "demonizing" another due to the disruption of said joy, but that shit literally never happens in this fucking movie. The most compelling show of human empathy was enjoyed by both an Indian and a white (leo and that native that helped him out). And even then, the indian was portrayed as a savage asshole who killed some guys for the food that they caught, barely giving leo any food after threatening to kill him.

Holy fuck how can anyone be so dense.
>>
>>64407476
Indians had the same violent territorial impulse as whites. Look at the Comanche, or the Iroquois. Many Indians tried their best to adapt to the European presence and exploit it to their advantage. And they'd been scalping, torturing, and doing other brutal shit for millenia before the white man showed up. On the one hand you're saying all people can be brutal, but then you want to single out whites as somehow more brutal. What's always made whites more dangerous is their material ambition.
>>
>>64410186
that guy was being "dur hur im pol i hate savages"
>>
>>64410453
>that shit literally never happens in this fucking movie.
Did you miss the part where Glass's beloved half-breed son was killed by an evil white man? Or the part where Glass's heavenly Pawnee village was burned and massacred by white soldiers? And the part where the Arikara village suffered the same fate later? Or the kidnapping and raping of an Indian princess by whites? Or the Arikara chief's speech about his people's violated honor and the evils of white imperialism? All the Indian savagery which isn't just relegated to vague dialogue is given an arbitrary justification under the pretense of retrieving the Indian princess and taking revenge on white aggressors.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.