[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prequel Edits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: thumbnail.jpg (42 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
42 KB, 780x439
So, have any of you guys seen this yet? I know that weve all heard of phantom edits and other shit to try and edit the prequels, but this one seems to be the only one that actually gave a shit about John Williams' score. The dialouge is Japanese, with English subtitles, but he gives much better dialouge. Any thoughts on it if youve already seen it? I thought it was pretty good.
>>
fuck, i forgot the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDLM-dXP-KE
>>
>Japanese dialogue
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>64396139
This is my head canon
>>
>>64396170
There's a quirkiness about this that I like very much.
>>
>>64397608
its the price we pay to get rid of sand.
>>
>>64396139
Phantom edits as a rule tend to be terrible because, ultimately, it's the dialogue and acting that makes the prequels fail as films, not their plots.

TFA had just as many plotholes and issues as the prequels, but people (outside of /tv/) liked it so much more because the characterization was strong and it had a real heart at the center. It's possible to forgive cinematic problems if the core is strong. You can't do that with the prequels because they're fundamentally dead inside.

Though I will admit that using an alternate audio track as a get-around for changing all the dialogue is a really creative idea.
>>
What's the topher grace one?
I've been meaning to see that
>>
>>64397608

It's like how the Anti-Cheese Edit guy squelched the alien audio into something unintelligible to get rid of their annoying voices and create new "dialogue" without going to the trouble of recording new lines. Using an available alternate language audio track and fudging the "subtitles" to remix the story is easier, and somewhat less jarring, than trying to create a fan dub.

Besides, the Japanese cinema influence on Star Wars is undeniable. Lucas wanted Toshiro Mifune to play Kenobi,and McDiarmid used a vocal technique popularized by Japanese actors to pull off Palpatine's voice.
>>
>>64397837
>It's the dialogue and acting that makes the prequels fail as films, not their plots.

So something like this
>>64396170

Could only make it better.
>>
>>64398012
>McDiarmid used a vocal technique popularized by Japanese actors to pull off Palpatine's voice
Got anymore information on this? I'm interested in what this technique is exactly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.