[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the better Kingpin? Michael Clarke Duncan or Vincent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Michael-Clark-Duncan-Kingpin.jpg (86 KB, 940x1099) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Clark-Duncan-Kingpin.jpg
86 KB, 940x1099
Who was the better Kingpin? Michael Clarke Duncan or Vincent D'Onofrio?
>>
>>64394656
Duncan had the build
D'Onofrio had the skin colour and the acting chops
>>
>>64394873
Vince is a better actor but MCD was still a good actor.

But yeah I kinda wish Vince had the same level of physical intimidation as MCD.
>>
>>64394873
This.

Not that MCD is bad actor though...easily the best in that 2003 movie
>>
File: 1297666137381.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1297666137381.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
>>64394656

It has to go to Duncan by default, because D'Onofrio didn't play Kingpin.

D'Onofrio played some autistic, soft-speaking rage-filled manbaby that happened to look a little bit like Kingpin.
>>
>>64394656
duncan by far

i didn't like autistic d'onofrio kingpin, i liked big fun duncan kingpin
>>
>>64395030
Would you have rather he be a standard cartoon villain? Yeah Fisk was socially awkward but it made him more interesting and human than just some guy who wants to take over the world.
>>
>>64395107
>implying it had to be either a cartoon villain or the gigantic pile of shit that we got
>implying there's no other options

Just get the fuck out.
>>
>>64395181
Lol what? He wasnt shitty. They humanized him with his social awkwardness towards women, but he was still a cool, scary villain that decapitated a motherfucker with a door.
>>
>>64395240
>Kingpin wasn't that bad guize really

Found the Redditor.
>>
>>64395269
So you hate him because he's socially awkward? The whole show was meant to be more down to earth and realistic than your normal comic book.
>>
Anyone hear if D'Onofrio is in Season 2?
>>
>>64395347
>So you hate him because he's socially awkward?

That and all the other ways he clearly wasn't Kingpin.

It was literally just an entirely different character that happens to superficially look like Kingpin.

And that's fine. If they wanted to make an autistic rage-filled serial killer, go for it. They shouldn't have called him Kingpin, though.
>>
>>64395509
To be fair, though, he ISN'T Kingpin yet. They referred to him as Wilson Fisk and it ended with him being in prison. Consider this like his origin story, I think. They wanted to humanize him and give him a background and I thought it worked well.
>>
KEEP
>>
>>64395679
KICKING
>>
>>64395733
HIM
>>
>>64395509
in the style of marvel, as of right now he's just fisk and not kingpin, so he'll probably become more a villain in the next season
>>
YOU EMBARASSED ME

YOU EMBARASSED ME IN FRONT OF HER
>>
Did people get mad about Kingpin being made black back when this movie came out? Don't see it's any less "cuck" than the whitest of all the gods.
>>
>>64396907
Tbh I feel like MCD is a great enough choice that it makes up for his race not being accurate
>>
>>64395030
It has to go to D'Onofrio by default, because the Kingpin is not a nigger.
>>
>>64396973
Get fucked, that's reddit talk. In 15 years the new generation of white justice officials will be spouting the same shit.
>Man, all this race swapping is a despicable cuckold sensibility humilation upon my race.... But casting Idris Elba back in that movie I saw when I was 12 was fine, LOL because based comfy nostalgia.
>>
>>64394656
D'Onofrio was far and away the best thing about the Netflix Daredevil. Everything else about the show was absolute shit tier, but he was gold.
>>
>>64395625
>>64396244
I kinda hope he doesn't play a major role next season. They'd have to balance him out with the gorillion other new characters and risk pulling a spiderman 3
>>
>>64396907
Not that I remember. Back then people didn't really care about this stuff, on either side of he fence
>>
>>64397059
lol dude calm the fuck down. i liked MCD as an actor and it was just an adaptation anyway.

>>64397119
false. daredevil was god tier television

>>64397124
idk if he's even in it. I think theyre focusing a lot on punisher and elektra.
>>
>>64397119
>not every fight preceding the ninja shit
>Picking angrybabby
Could a man be more wrong?
>>
>>64395181
If there is any basic for D'onofrio's Fisk, it would be coming from Love and War (though that's pretty limited). MCD's Fisk felt like the adult version of the Kingpin in Stan Lee's daily Spider-Man comic. I don't think we have ever seen a really faithful adaptation of the Kingpin. The closest we got was in the 90's Spidey cartoon.
>>
File: SMYTHE!.jpg (15 KB, 200x318) Image search: [Google]
SMYTHE!.jpg
15 KB, 200x318
No one will ever be a better Kingpin than him.
>>
File: kingpindaviesincrediblehulk.jpg (40 KB, 508x474) Image search: [Google]
kingpindaviesincrediblehulk.jpg
40 KB, 508x474
John Rhys-Davies
>>
>>64397444
who is that?
>>
>>64397521
Roscoe Lee Browne. Voice of Fisk in Spider-Man TAS.
>>
I didn't read the comics. D'Onofrio was refreshing as far as comic villains go, but they could have done a better job. I liked that he was a dark foil for Daredevil though. They both wanted the same thing, they just used different means to get at it.
>>
>>64397755
same. dont know or care about comics. he was an interesting, three dimensional character.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.