[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Warning that there might be Star Wars spoilers in the thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Poe_Dameron_Resistance_Base.jpg (190 KB, 888x456) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_Resistance_Base.jpg
190 KB, 888x456
> Warning that there might be Star Wars spoilers in the thread because I'm not a fag

Even the non-SJW media are saying that Poe Dameron might be the first queer character in the series. If that's the case I'm all for it. He's a charismatic, charming, and skilled person who's everyone's new favorite character and not some vain teenage boy with colored hair and dark lipstick who spends his days holed up in his room browsing tumblr on his Macbook and wearing the most flamboyant dress he/xe could find in his sister's closet.
>>
>>64392233
Yfw episode 8 climaxes with Poe and Finn having a smooch off while Rey watches
>>
>>64392233
It'd be fucking terrible if he's gay. Luckily that kike manlet isn't on board anymore to force his libcuck agenda.
>>
>>64392389
> manlet
> agenda
> libcuck

shitpost BINGO
>>
>>64392337
hnnnnggg
>>
>>64392233
What exactly makes him gay tho?
>>
two guys spoke to each other - in a shippers mind, they are gay

shippers are retarded
>>
I really wouldn't recommend seeing The Force Awakens. I'd probably consider it worse than the prequel trilogy at this point.

The movie us too safe. The plot is almost exactly the same as A New Hope, but without any of the charm that the characters in ANH had.

Rey is a Mary Sue of the highest degree, and never has to face any problem she can't solve in a few minutes. Finn really serves no purpose. Kylo Ren is not a threatening villain, apart from the opening crawl. Where Vader was a mob boss, Kylo Ren us a school shooter that blares Evanescence and Linkin Park 24/7. It's pretty bad when the best character was a storm trooper with a stun baton.

Where humor was attempted, it takes you out of the movie, rather than flowing with it as in previous installments. It's the same humor as any other cookie-cutter movie made today, and those cookies are getting stale.

There's all sorts of references to the original trilogy that make the movie feel like its supposed to be a parody, not a sequel. These references, of course have nothing to do with lore or world-building. Instead, they reference parts of Star Wars you'd know from browsing your News Feed, so you don't have to see previous movies to get them.

On top of it all, the movie can't stand alone, and that's one of the biggest failures a movie can have. The references ensure that you must have some (though not extensive) knowledge of Star Wars prior, and the plot leaves you with questions that won't be answered until the next episode is out.

Oh, and the soundtrack was lackluster. I'd be more forgiving if it had a track on par with Duel of the Fates or Binary Sunset, but it doesn't.

It's a bad movie, but it's not even an enjoyable sort of bad like those SyFy original movies. It's just disappointing.
>>
>>64392810

you're retarded.
>>
He looks a bit like the guy from that robot movie.
>>
>>64392810

The basic story is simple: it is the story of a USB key that travels across the galaxy and gradually morphs into a laser sword. Max Van Sydow is the personification of this object; it respresents his legacy. And he explains exactly what he stands for: "only the Jedi can bring balance to the force." He supports Leia's Resistance because 'she's royalty to him.' The Resistance heroes are all working to bring back feudalism, and the New Order is working to prevent that.

If you've read the previous thread and seen the previous films, you know that nobody ever mentions a 'light side', because there isnt one. The entire Force - the entire universe - is darkness, and to believe otherwise is to have your vision clouded. The light side exists only as the holy spirit - the community of believers in Christ/Vader. Vader was the incarnation of the Force and, when he died, the Force died with him.

Force Awakens, on the other hand, is constantly talking about the light side, and visualizing it as literal light: the ships all have massive headlights attached, the recurring image is of a dark ball of tentacles being obliterated by a burst of light (e.g. When that thing is attached to the windshield). The light cleanses, and the light purifies. this is what Van Sydow means by 'balance'.

But this literal light is not the Holy Spirit. It's the dark side, rebranded. It's sheer, burning power. Audiences cheer when Rey displays her insane power. Her mutant powers, aka 'force sensitivity', aka midichlorians - make her stronger than anyone else. Her mind-tricks are not subtle manipulations, but a direct reprogramming of the enemy's mind. She wins by being darker than Kylo.

So: why would a family abandon their child in a junkyard?

The simplest answer is that they're terrified of her.

Basically, JJ Abrams has tricked you into worshiping the dark side. Maz runs a temple devoted to herself, and nobody is suspicious? Whoops!
>>
>>64392337
POOR LITTLE WHITE GIRL

Hot Scene Of This Very Sexy White Lass Watching Her Dream Man Kiss With Black Man While She Is Unable To Do Anything About It
>>
>>64392810
I thought the same thing about the soundtrack. Apart from the themes that we are familiar with from the original trilogy, there's nothing that stands out.
>>
File: 1444622263955.jpg (121 KB, 553x692) Image search: [Google]
1444622263955.jpg
121 KB, 553x692
>type "poe dameron" into google
>first suggestion is "poe dameron gay"
>>
>>64393266

no its not
>>
>>64392233
>>64392337
Poe/Finn would be better than Rey/Finn t b h

>>64392637
He literally tells Finn he's good looking while staring at him and biting his lower lip.
>>
>>64393160
Awakens isn't good because it doesn't tell the story visually. That's something that Star Wars had never previously failed at.

The entire movie is about 'finding Luke', but the film does not establish who Luke is, what he stands for, (and so-on) except through expository dialogue. The flashback scene was so vague that I had initially assumed it was a premonition. 'Only Luke can bring balance to the force' - why? Wasn't the force 'balanced' in the previous film?

Like, we can look at it backwards and say that Luke's absence is the cause of the 'imbalance' - but that absence was actually caused by Ren literally stabbing everyone in the back. And he's doing that because his parents divorced or something? Did the New Order arise because Luke left, or did Luke leave because they rose up? That's a very important distinction.

The guy stabbed in the back is wearing a Jedi Training Hat suspiciously similar to the ones in Attack of the Clones. Doesn't this indicate that Luke has learned nothing at all? That, like Snoke, he is a trumped-up hologram?

Ultimately we're getting into the question of where a (quasi-)fascist organization even comes from. And that's something this film does not even remotely explain. Fascism isn't something that just spontaneously appears; it's always a response to various financial crises, class conflicts, etc. Luke and the gang tried to restore the Republic to a utopian form, but did nothing about the capitalism - so of course that contradiction would result in the emergence of a dork like Hux. That's what the prequels are all about.

So, implicitly, the prequels 'fill in the gap' between Episode 6 and 7 and loosely explain what went wrong. But also, implicitly, we're to ignore what the prequels actually said about Vader as revolutionary - that Luke ultimately failed and had to be rescued. Everyone is now searching for Luke, and we're expected to care, but Luke was just some guy.
>>
did star wars really need a gay character though? I'm all for equal rights and whatever, where you put your dick is your own business, but its kind of lame if they are having a gay character just to stay "in style"
>>
>“I think it’s very subtle romance that’s happening; you have to watch it a few times to see the little hints. At least I was playing romance; in the cockpit I was playing romance"

Umm this isnt even a debate?

Hes gay as fuak
>>
>>64393446
>was only ever in the cock-pit with Finn
>>
>>64393315
for me it is
>>
>>64393480
>entering the pit of cocks with another man
>not gay
>>
>>64392691

>implying every manlet nerd on this site doesn't use similar mental gymnastics if a girl speaks to him
>>
there are many characters in Star Wars that could be gay
it doesn't matter
it only matters to fucktards who want to see it on screen because a) 'representation' or b) shippers love gays because they all have emotional problems with real men
>>
>>64393599
stock response spoken like a retarded child and classic transference
you have transferred your social ineptitude to everyone else
grow up
>>
>>64393713
Why can they show hetero love but not gay love?
>>
>>64393979
They shouldn't. Why can’t they just let men and women be friends? Why do straights have to insert sex into everything?
>>
>>64392447
>being triggered

Reddit spotted
>>
>>64394066
why do gays have to insert their cock in everything?
>>
>>64393486
Well you are guy brother even Google knows it now
>>
I'd honestly prefer if there was no sexuality or romance in the entire trilogy
>>
>>64394750
same desu senpai
>>
>>64393090
le zing!
>>
>>64394128
>reddit
More shitposting
>>
This is what happens when you make star wars accessible to normie cancer, they literally fag up the place with homo shit.
>>
>>64393266
literally any known person. not unique
>>
>>64394750
>i can't get a gf/fall in love so no one should, not even in space opera shit that has always had romance in their movies
>>
>>64393376

this is how everyone feels about every franchise that wants to shoehorn in a black transgender female faggot in their shows
>>
>>64392233
I'm going to call bullshit and say the Poe/Finn friendship is just a call back to the Luke/Biggs scenes that you never saw in IV.
>>
File: 3999389594039.jpg (264 KB, 700x875) Image search: [Google]
3999389594039.jpg
264 KB, 700x875
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan? The contrarian mental gymnastics regarding Star Wars: TFA is incredible and at the same time absolutely loathsome.

The constant denial, backtracking and moving the goalposts.

>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-it'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.