[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never understood Why did he drive the old Volvo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: volvo v70.jpg (448 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
volvo v70.jpg
448 KB, 960x540
I never understood

Why did he drive the old Volvo?
>>
>>64391782
They're reliable.
>>
>>64391782
Because its a very good and trustable swedish car. busy man like him cannot risk driving some american piece of junk fearing all the time that it is going to break and leave him by the road
>>
Breaking Bad had shit writing.
>>
>>64391782
Its reliable and doesn't draw attention.
>>
>>64392577
It draws more attention than a more recent version
>>
Well when your cover is being a manger of a fast food chicken joint, you can't exactly drive something flashy.
>>
>>64392651
Why does he live in a mansion then?
>>
>>64392719
I forgot he lived in a mansion. I haven't watched the show since the finale.
>>
>>64392577
this
>>64392618
no
>>
>>64392719
thats not a mansion
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>64392719
>mansion

Boy what kind of cardboard box do you live in?
>>
If he wanted something reliable that doesn't draw attention he should have went with an Accord. Easier to blend in in an Accord then a swedish cube.
>>
He owns a chain of chicken places, he's not just the manager. He drives a boring car to not attract attention. Watch TV better.
>>
to be unremarkable and unnoticed
>>
Japanese brand cars are the only reliable cars.

My 03 Toyota is at 300k miles and I have never had a single problem withit outside of a radiator fix.
>>
>>64393342
dumb dumbposter
>>
>2016
>not driving a pre'99 volvo or subi
>>
>>64393430
This.
Less expensive than newer car and still is just as good, if not better.
Less electronic stuff which could break.
It's almost impossible to change bulbs yourself on newer cars.
Older cars have smaller body and larger windows which makes it easier to be aware of other cars.
>>
>>64392719
That's not a mansion, son. It's a nice home to be sure, but not a mansion. Gus owned something like 30+ stores of Los Pollos Hermanos, so it's not unreasonable to believe that he had quite a bit of money to invest into a rather nice looking home.
>>
>>64391782
Why draw attention from the IRS when you can drive a reliable, inconspicuous car for less than a flashy sports car and keep those millions stashed away
>>
>>64392568
Your post has shit writing
>>
>>64392651
He donated a ton of money to the ABQ police force, didn't he? Or he donated money to someone at least. This is what makes Hank suspicious of him initially.
>>
more than it being unassuming, i think it being a complete bitch car was part of it. You want to appear weak, boring, law abiding, when you're running a criminal organization like his.
>>
>>64393765
The first thing that caught Hank's attention was when he went through the notebook Gale had in his apartment when he was murdered. There was a Los Pollos Hermanos logo in it.
>>
Jesus, do any of you all remember how crazy some of theories regarding Gus got? I think the most batshit retarded theory that some people actually believed was that Gus had Mike put a micro camera on Walt's glasses and that's how he was always out playing him. No, it wasn't retards trolling, people actually believed this.
>>
>>64393903
True, but the overly-charitable act is what made him even more suspicious.
I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this right. I think it's mentioned how Fring gave the ABQ police department money sometime around the part where Hank gets shot
>>
If I were a drug dealer I'd drive a station wagon
>>
>>64393990
You're not wrong - once Hank started looking at him, he realized Gus' donations were definitely part of his cover up and ultimately strengthened his suspicions. In (I think) season three, Gus stops by the DEA office and they drop some line that he's a big donor. That's also the same scene where Gus realizes Walt and Hank are related because he sees a money donation box Hank left out so people could donate to Walt.
>>
I drive a 2000 Volvo s40
>>
>>64394318
There we go. I was specifically picturing that scene I think lol. Though I would've said it was the hospital
>>
Is it true this is considered a "librul" car in America?
>>
>>64394402
Maybe a more current model would be considered Liberal. But not an oldie like that.
>>
>>64394402
Liberal college teacher car, philosophy or something, usually seen in Volvos, Saabs, or hybrids.
>>
File: enemy.jpg (32 KB, 720x298) Image search: [Google]
enemy.jpg
32 KB, 720x298
>>64394608
History teacher
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.