[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really wouldn't recommend seeing The Force Awakens. I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I really wouldn't recommend seeing The Force Awakens. I'd probably consider it worse than the prequel trilogy at this point.

The movie us too safe. The plot is almost exactly the same as A New Hope, but without any of the charm that the characters in ANH had.

Rey is a Mary Sue of the highest degree, and never has to face any problem she can't solve in a few minutes. Finn really serves no purpose. Kylo Ren is not a threatening villain, apart from the opening crawl. Where Vader was a mob boss, Kylo Ren us a school shooter that blares Evanescence and Linkin Park 24/7. It's pretty bad when the best character was a storm trooper with a stun baton.

Where humor was attempted, it takes you out of the movie, rather than flowing with it as in previous installments. It's the same humor as any other cookie-cutter movie made today, and those cookies are getting stale.

There's all sorts of references to the original trilogy that make the movie feel like its supposed to be a parody, not a sequel. These references, of course have nothing to do with lore or world-building. Instead, they reference parts of Star Wars you'd know from browsing your News Feed, so you don't have to see previous movies to get them.

On top of it all, the movie can't stand alone, and that's one of the biggest failures a movie can have. The references ensure that you must have some (though not extensive) knowledge of Star Wars prior, and the plot leaves you with questions that won't be answered until the next episode is out.

Oh, and the soundtrack was lackluster. I'd be more forgiving if it had a track on par with Duel of the Fates or Binary Sunset, but it doesn't.

It's a bad movie, but it's not even an enjoyable sort of bad like those SyFy original movies. It's just disappointing.
>>
What an original opinion to find on /tv/
>>
thanks for the blog post
>>
>>64389832
>>64389884
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64389696

i dont know if this is pasta or a meme but i agree with 90% of it
>>
To those that saw an enjoyed TFA. I would really like to know what the iconic star wars moments were
>>
>>64389696
Fuck off redditor back to your containment site

no one gives a fuck to talk in depth about your gay little review
>>
>>64389957
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
I Agree with Almost everything desu Senpai
>>
>>64389696

Lucas - "I tried to make each movie different, new ships, new planets, everything. It's about what happened in this universe, not self-referencing itself."

Reddit/plebs/SJWs/Jews - LOL, the prequels had too much politics n' shit, nigga. Just show TIW fighters and X-Wings shooting each other again, and it needs more diversity; too many white ppl.
>>
>>64389884
you just know this guy is a fan of this movie
YOU JUST KNOW
>>
File: 14510575426791.jpg (146 KB, 1280x914) Image search: [Google]
14510575426791.jpg
146 KB, 1280x914
>>64390006
Go home ,man. He is no match for you.
>>
>>64390083
I want to believe that Lucas actually writes his scripts on a typewriter while smoking a fat blunt.

>>64390083
But I'm not, OP is just preaching to the choir. Again.
>>
>>64390066
>Too many whites
All SW films even TFA have two negros one in primary role (Lando, Windu, Finn) and one "secondary" (voice of Vader, Jar Jar, can't recall exact name)
>>
>>64390066
>not self-referencing
>the inventor of pottery
>>
>>64389696
Nobody cares what the fuck you think loser
Go get hit by a car do the world a favor
>>
>>64390283
>thinks lucas invented basic writing skills
>>
>>64390558
bump for babby trying to fit in on a board that he just joined
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.