[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 40
File: hipsters.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hipsters.jpg
108 KB, 1024x768
Post your unpopular opinions.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 is better than 1.
>>
Twilight is a legit great movie and only redditors think otherwise
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x450
>>64388899
>>
The zootopia preview was more entertaining than TFA.
>>
>>64388397
Michael Bay makes great movies
>>
Charlie Kaufman is a really conventional writer/filmmaker.

Lost in Translation is a mediocre flick.
>>
ben stiller is genuinely funny and one of the greatest b movie comedy actors

the big lebowski sucks

captain america is the worst capeshit

se7en is overrated

drive is average as fuck

nicolas cage is a great actor
>>
>>64388938
how is that unpopular?
>>
>>64389078

yes

no

yes

no

no

yes

3/6 aint bad
>>
>Spy character is with villain
>Phone rings
>Don't answer that
>>
Zootopia will be a good movie.
>>
Batman & Robin wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>64388397

The Incredible Hulk (2008) was one of Marvel's better movies.
>>
The Star Wars series is over hyped and overrated. I literally fell asleep during TFA, it was incredibly boring and the "villian" was just a dumb edgy teenager.
>>
>>64388397
Bresson had interesting thoughts and ideas about what cinema was and--in his eyes--should be, but he could never properly implement them himself. Others have done so more successfully since.

-

Sofia Coppola is one of the most interesting filmmakers alive today.

-

Gone Girl is Fincher's most cohesive, and arguably best, movie.

-

The Coen's didn't top Miller's Crossing until they made Inside Llewyn Davis. They spent the many years inbetween wallowing in mediocrity.

-

The first Iron Man is the best superhero movie since the 1978 Superman.
>>
There's never been a good capeshit flick.

'Flick, movie, film, or cinema' is a legitimate way of categorizing moving pictures.

Homicide: Life on the Streets is the best TV show every made.

Brad Pitt is a better actor than DiCaprio and Depp.

Tim Burton is a hack.

Writing is the most important element when judging a film or television.
>>
>>64389374
Yes
No
Yes
No
Yes
>>
File: Trashed.jpg (83 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Trashed.jpg
83 KB, 680x680
>>64389443
>Writing is the most important element when judging a film or television.

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>64388397
Dead Man's Chest was great. Hell I really like At World's End. The original Pirates movies are one of my favorite trilogies.
>>
File: input.png (270 KB, 715x398) Image search: [Google]
input.png
270 KB, 715x398
X-files is practically unwatchable for today's audience.
>>
>>64389523
It does act as something of an interesting time capsule for paranoia during the early Internet era and hacker culture. Similar to Twilight Zone episodes about space travel.
>>
>>64389494
Surprised you can read anything at all.
>>
Amélie is a 10/10.

Yonebayashi > Takahata.

Through a Glass Darkly is Bergman's best film.

Television is a terrible medium. The episodes and seasons format is bullshit.
>>
>>64389220
3/6 is only 50%, faggot. Anon completely shit the bed. but he was completely correct about Nic Cage.
>>
>>64389945

>50% is le F

its for opinions that are unpopular so of course the success rate is lower
>>
>>64389374
>The first Iron Man is the best superhero movie since the 1989 Batman
ftfy
>>
>>64389989
I know, that was for the "ain't bad" comment. I personally shit the bed rather often.

le shut the fuck up
>>
>>64390000
Eh, too campy.
>>
File: witnessed.jpg (138 KB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.jpg
138 KB, 1280x530
>>64390000
>>
>>64388397
All arthouse filmmakers are literal hacks. Art film is one of the biggest frauds of the 20th century.
>>
File: Dark-night-rises-bane.jpg (87 KB, 1000x613) Image search: [Google]
Dark-night-rises-bane.jpg
87 KB, 1000x613
>>64388397
Memes aside, The Dark Knight Rises is a good and enjoyable movie. The better of the trilogy. Nolan's Bane is a better villain and character than Nolan's Joker, and Tom Hardy does a great work acting without being able to show most of his face.
>>
I hated the monty python tv series. Only some parts of the movies are good.
>>
>>64390419
=:^)
>>
File: c'mon...jpg (324 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
c'mon...jpg
324 KB, 1200x1200
>>64390597
>>
>>64388397
I don't mind a girl with cold sores, we're all carriers anyway.
>>
>>64390597
I agree on Hardy but the script was one of the biggest pieces of shit ever shown on screen.
>>
>>64390853
It's not bait or a copypasta, it's the truth. I was even pretty mad when the baneposting thing started. It felt like when the internet ruined my favourite animated movie, Shrek.
>>
>>64388397
It WOULD be better than the first if part 3 had stuck the landing. By ending it on a cliffhanger, it lived or died on the strength of its follow-up.

If the last one had been at least decent, it would have gone down in history as the Empire Strikes Back of pirate movies.
>>
File: lils.jpg (71 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
lils.jpg
71 KB, 426x426
>>64391004
>my favourite animated movie, Shrek
>>
File: dpool.jpg (62 KB, 720x726) Image search: [Google]
dpool.jpg
62 KB, 720x726
>>64388397

Deadpool is a film genetically engineerd to appeal to imdbspawn /v/edditors with no sense of sophisication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier meta capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic. This is a flick at best and will rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career.
>>
Robocop 2 is not quite as good as Robocop 1, but is nonetheless a damn fine film. There's nothing wrong with the score either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL_jKzpSBuc
>>
>>64391090
How is that an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>64388397
Pirates 2 is my favorite, not even kidding fa,m
>>
>>64391046
Yes 3 is horrible but 2 is still great and I love the ending with Barbossa.
Finally he got his apple he was lusting for and now he wants his ship back.
plus that laugh and look he gave
>>
inside out is a terrible, tumblr-pandering, poorly designed, badly written, unimaginative and ugly looking movie that I'm convinced was made for 3 year olds and is one of pixars worst films.
>>
>>64391743
>poorly designed

I haven't seen it, but I agree with that. Very off-putting.
>>
>>64391743
Literally everything about it is a cliche.
Only the voice acting was good.
>>
File: bee-movie.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bee-movie.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
B Movie was an A movie in my opinion
>>
Tangeled is complete horse shit and I can't believe it's the second most expensive movie ever made.
>>
>>64391070

lily collins should gobble down on my cock
>>
>>64391911
Are you high? Tangled is magical.
>>
>>64388938
laughed more during that and heard more laughs during that then any other response in TFA
>>
>>64391960
It's shit pretty much from start to finish.
Cliche after cliche only interrupted by some unfunny shit like a horse acting like a dog.

Can't gasp how an adult can like that.
>>
>>64389989
>50% is an F
>in the U.S.
>>
File: bees.jpg (9 KB, 222x229) Image search: [Google]
bees.jpg
9 KB, 222x229
>>64391890
>>
>>64391997
>muh clichées are inherently bad muh muh muh
>>
File: war-of-the-worlds.jpg (79 KB, 1024x617) Image search: [Google]
war-of-the-worlds.jpg
79 KB, 1024x617
I fucking love the War of the Worlds movie with Tom Cruise.
>>
>>64388397
Atop The Forth Wall: The Movie is better than any Star Trek flick
>>
>>64392101
>I am an easily entertained manchild muh waifu muh moe moo
hello reddit
>>
>>64391743
>made for 3 year olds
And Hot Topic kids. Don't forget Hot Topic kids.
>>
File: I kill you.jpg (133 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
I kill you.jpg
133 KB, 658x658
>>64392128
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy is a fun movie with heart.

I really like it.
>>
Predator 2 is a great sequel

Live Free or Die Hard (unrated) is on par with Die Hard With A Vengeance

Adam Driver was the best part of TFA

The Last Crusade > Raiders of the Lost Ark
>>
Lost River is not a film.
>>
>>64391125
Anyone who talks shit about Robocop 2 hasn't watched it recently. It's not Verhoven, but it's as close as you get.

Not to mention it has some of the best moments in the franchise. The failed robocop 2 experiments, the little league gang, great commercial and news breaks, the little kid mobster, Caine.

It's only real flaw is that it has to be compared to robocop 1, which is is a movie everyone from ignorant plebs to the most tryhard patrician agrees is thoroughly enjoyable and above reproach.
>>
>>64392157
Tired old shit is old
>>
i just saw the new star wars. i wanted so bad to hate it as much as every other 4channer, but it was literally one of the best star wars in the whole franchise. I loved every single second of it Rey wasn't an in-your-face overpowering stronk female character; she learned the force was real and she utilized it. you would have done the same. The black guy was funny. The old actors did a great job reviving their characters; they didn't just LOOK the part, but actually relived them.

This is the only film I have ever gone to the movies to pay to see it twice, and I plan on going again very soon.
>>
>>64388397
IMO TFA was a decent movie
not fantastic
decent
>>
>>64392162

I agree.
>>
>>64392329
>>>/ribbit/
>>
Predestination was the best movie of 2014.
>>
>>64392162
that's a very popular opinion. Chris Pratt is a funny actor and the film was very well-made and fun. You're right; it had heart.
>>
This is a Reddit thread
>>
Badlands is overrated as fuck

Coen brothers' films are overrated mostly, except a few

Hitchcock was a genius

Jean-Pierre Melville was the best French film director

Italian cinema is overrated
>>
>>64392116
I agree.
>>64392162
I agree but I believe imdb rates it too highly. It's 7/10 at best.
>>
>>64392405

it's a popular opinion, but certainly not here. you can't say you like a marvel movie without people yelling REDDIT
>>
File: da panda.jpg (394 KB, 3500x2625) Image search: [Google]
da panda.jpg
394 KB, 3500x2625
>>64392297
You're tired and old.
>>
>>64392482
you know, why can't we just like stuff here?

I know it's not a hugbox, and I'm not looking for that, but for christ's sake, let's all just sit here and admit what we know is true. GotG was great. TFA was great. LotR was great. Harry Potter series was great. Every single money-making franchise has been excellent and worth watching.

No more hiding behind the hatebox of /tv/. Let's just sit here and get it off our chests.

I like Romancing the Stone. There, I said it.
>>
I think the Good Shepard is a criminally underated movie up there with Tinker Tailor and other slow burners.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 698x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 698x823
The life aquatic is a legitimate cinematic masterpiece and the darjeeling limited is where Wes Anderson succeeded at finally making a more mature film.

Budapest was empty schlock and bottle rocket is underrated
>>
>>64392572

> GotG was great. TFA was great. LotR was great. Harry Potter series was great. Every single money-making franchise has been excellent and worth watching.

>implying anyone on /tv/ thinks lotr is on the level of garbage like marvel or harry potter

HELLO REDDIT.
>>
>>64392456
Wow every single opinion there is wrong.
>>
>>64392601
Budapest was a big joke. Wes Anderson was literally unintentionally making fun of his own style with that flick.
>>
van helsing with hugh jackman was a really fun and enjoyable movie

tom cruise is a top 3 movie star

forrest gump was a mediocre movie

spring breakers was a decent movie

will ferrel is the most overrated actor/comedian out there right now

there will be blood was boring

inglorious basterd's is tarantino's best written and most mature work
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x499
unironically an amazing film. I hate how shrek turned into a meme.
>>
>>64392615
>puts on sunglasses, jean jacket and leather driving gloves
>bad to the bone starts playing
>>
Bill Murray is not funny or entertaining
>>
>>64389294
It is so over the top with corny and cheesy elements. I love it. Arnold delivers his lines perfectly. Ebin fake lips scene. It has it all.
>>
>>64392572

REDDIT
REDDIT
REDDIT
REDDIT
>>>/REDDIT/
R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T

welcome to neu/tv/, jesus christ 4chan probably mentions reddit more than any other site on the internet
>>
>>64392693

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFvGw3CSLPA

You know it, anon.
>>
>>64392456
What don't you like about truffaut?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 480x720
>>64392708
watch this
>>
>>64390853
>you will never have Phil Collins as a father-in-law
>>
>>64392767
>>64392708
https://reddit.com/r/billmurray/
>>
>>64392726
lol whatever. it's not even a real insult anywhere but here. just like i can call you a dumb frogposter and nobody outside of le s3kr3t club will know what that means.
>>
>>64392670
>tom cruise is a top 3 movie star
How can you say that, and then say this:
>forrest gump was a mediocre movie

It's 2 1/2 hours of the most likable man in Hollywood being the most likable character ever that get mixed up in every current event in the last 30 something years (from the perspective of the movie, and when it was released).
>>
>>64392572
These franchises are usually good, and well-positioned in regards to their target audience, but great I am not so sure. TFA suffered from a number of shortcomings i.e. pacing after Jakka, awkward Han and Leia scenes, poorly explains character motivations, lack of background, death star rehash.
>>
mentioning reddit should be a fucking bannable offense.
>>
>>64391090
lets just say my hopes aren't high for the movie. i'll probably see it, but most likely leave disappointed.
>>
File: philadelphia collins.png (227 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
philadelphia collins.png
227 KB, 500x377
>>64392774
>you will never have Philadelphia Collins as a father-in-law
>>
File: CO43zAvWcAEQ84x.jpg (26 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
CO43zAvWcAEQ84x.jpg
26 KB, 500x373
> Tarantino movies are pure shit. Even the old ones.

> Jurassic World and Star Wars TFA are just as bland, predictable, shit as MCU capeshit.

> Lady in the Water wasn't that bad.

> Schumacher's Batman movies are just slightly worse than Burton's. They're the same universe, same humour.

> Will Smith is the epitome of mediocrity.

> Conan is the only funny host

> Pixar movies are bland as fuck. Not bad, just bland.

> The AMC logo is the main reason why people thing that The Walking Dead isn't pure garbage.
>>
File: smug short.png (57 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
smug short.png
57 KB, 398x409
>>64392857
>User has been banned for this post
>>
Tom Hanks is a shit fucking actor who hasn't been half decent in anything.
>>
I go on Reddit and post along side of all of you every day. Sometimes I even take screencaps of funny posts and put them on /r/4chan for karma.

That said, I think TFA is the best SW movie since Empire.
>>
>>64392670
>forrest gump was a mediocre movie

It's unpopular opinions, not stupid opinions.
>>
>>64392767
Based Jarmusch
>>
>>64392177
>Adam Driver was the best part of TFA

This was honestly the LEAST likely outcome that I could've predicted. However, it is 100% true.

Saw it for a 2nd time last night (yes lol) and it is still shit the second time around.

I'm only slightly ashamed that I've paid to see it twice.
>>
>>64392849
did you watch the same TFA as me? After Jakka is where it got good. Han and Leia were awkward because they hadn't seen each other in like 20 years. OF course it was going to be awkward. You ever run into an ex-girlfriend after like 10 years? Or am I on the wrong website to be asking that...

Stop saying Starkiller was a Death Star rehash. It was a whole goddamn planet that sucked the energy out of stars to power a laser that destroys whole solar systems. The fact that the First Order had the resources to build this thing in 30 years tells you how determined they are.
>>
>>64392177
>The Last Crusade > Raiders of the Lost Ark

I thought this was pretty obvious ?
>>
>>64392954
>how to spot a murrican

Seriously, Gump a shit.
>>
>>64392689
The first one was great. I pretend the others don't exist. The second was watchable but I'll be happier if it never existed.
>>
>>64393011
I'm American and I hate gump. It's manipulative garbage, basically a redditor's wet dream and origin of the frogposting meme
>>
>>64392572
>TFA great
>Harry potter great

Please, refine your taste. GotG gets a pass. It is one of the best Marvel movies out there.
>>
>>64393011
I'm not american and I love Forest Gump.
>>
>>64390597
I thought the movie itself was fucking terrible and a huge letdown from the previous two movies (not to mention has some of the worst pacing ever), but I absolutely loved Hardy as Bane as well.

The Talia reveal should have happened when Bane broke the bat to be a bigger middle finger to him.
>>
>>64392670
>spring breakers was a decent movie

I can't argue against this one. Gonna have to agree.
>>
File: 1451644192651.jpg (9 KB, 467x315) Image search: [Google]
1451644192651.jpg
9 KB, 467x315
>>64391090
Agreed with everything else except for
>will rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career
which is not gonna happen. Deadpool is gonna strike gold.
>>
Revenge of the Sith was a decent movie.
>>
>>64392983
They may be awkward because they hadn't seen each other but I feel the acting was unconvincing with their statements such as "bring our son home". Who states bring our son home? Why not use his name? The death star was a clear rehash: appearance, method of destruction, the fact they had to destroy it in a certain period of time, the fact they could only destroy it at a particular weakspot.
>>
>>64392670
>there will be blood was boring
>inglorious basterd's is tarantino's best written and most mature work

Pretty good
>>
>>64393184
It's what the fans wanted. :)
>>
>>64392908
>> Jurassic World and Star Wars TFA are just as bland, predictable, shit as MCU capeshit.

Why don't people understand this basic fact?

>BASTE
>>
>>64392116
I remember being legitimately scared while watching that, especially during the car ferry scene.
>>
>>64393069
>>64393121
We've gone through some kind of wormhole, surely.
>>
>>64393184
There was a reason behind that actually. They didn't want to use his real name, and when it was revealed that his real name is Ben (presumably after Obi-Wan Kenobi aka Ben Kenobi), it made Kylo Ren seem more human than Sith.

Even in the movie, they said it was similar to the death star times a million. They never denied it. Is that the fault of the writers or the Sith? Think on that.
>>
>>64391090
Is this how you criticize movies? lLook at yourself anon, you're a meme-spouting abomination, I don't even like capeshit.
>>
>>64393274
The writers.
Just because they acknowledge it's dumb it doesn't make it not dumb.
>>
>>64392689
The first two Shrek movies are still fucking hilarious to me after all these years (even with all the unfunny memes it spawned), I can't believe the first Shrek is going to be 15 years old this summer.
>>
>>64389078
>the big lebowski sucks
>drive is average as fuck
Shit opinions, kill yourself.
>nicolas cage is a great actor
This is true.
>>
>>64393334
it's okay. some people just don't get subtext. i get that you probably watch a movie and never think deeply about it. That's what most americans do. But if you ever stop to think about it, the First Order made up the idea for Starkiller because what else can be more menacing than something that destroys a planet than something that destroys multiple planets?
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 638x689) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 638x689
Jurassic Park 1 is Spielberg's best movie
>>
>>64388397
It is though, Davy Jones was awesome
>>
>>64390597
>Memes aside

impossible
>>
>>64393441
It's just really lazy writing.
You can't justify it by pointing out the intentions of the characters, that's circular reasoning because the writers wrote the characters to begin with.
>>
Carol was one of the best films of 2015 and it's frustrating that all the memes of Rooney have derailed any hope of discussing it here.

Lost River was also great.

Ben Mendelsohn is one of the most compelling actors working today.

Forrest Gump is a duplicitous, overly sentimental load of bullshit; the very few redeeming things are Tom Hanks' acting and the character of Jenny.

Mad Men has THE best written and acted main ensemble of any TV drama, surpassing even Sopranos and Deadwood. All three shows are in another league from The Wire.

Badlands is superior to The Tree of Life; it is not a cardinal sin of plebhood to appreciate philosophising and nature porn being anchored to a more tangible plot.

Kate Hudson as Penny Lane in Almost Famous was a fantastic performance and one of the few times a 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl' has been deconstructed into an interesting character.

Heathers is a brilliant black comedy and its dialogue is almost on par with Glengarry Glen Ross and Chinatown.

Mac from It's Always Sunny is a much worse character than the other four.
>>
>>64393572
sorry i'll stop liking things.
>>
>>64392116
Was the opening to WotW when CGI grew its beard?
>>
>>64392964
Reddit: the director
>>
>>64389494
It was the last line in the post, everyone stopped reading there
>>
>>64392116
>Muh solenoids
There's a good movie in there, but too much just triggered my autism.
>>
ET is complete shit and I even hated it as a child
>>
>>64393617
Now you're ready for /tv/, my young padawan.
>>
>>64393864
It's a CINEMATIC VISUAL EXPERIENCE and immersive as fuck, who cares about some minor Mary Sueness about car repair.
>>
>>64393601
Why does everyone here seem to love the Tree of Life anyways?
>>
>>64393923
The son character then. As soon as he becomes cumbersome to the story they send him headfirst into certain doom, only to have him show up at the end.

There were just too many goofy fucking things like that in the movie, and they're all over the movie. Not just clustered in the beginning or the end.

There was plenty I liked, but I would have rather seen the war and tripod part capitalized on, with the human element not being the main focus of the story.
>>
>>64393601
>Mac from IASIP is a worse character than the other four
This is 100% fact though. Even Dee is a more interesting character at this point.
>>
>>64393790
Not even close faggot
>>
>>64394122
But that's what makes it immersive, the human element gives you something to relate to and worry about, it actually feels like a normal family getting fucked by crazy shit and aliens and not just muh sci-fi war and ebin explosions.
>>
>>64393894
you were just afraid just like with Disneys Dinosaur
>>
File: 1397468847186.png (237 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1397468847186.png
237 KB, 490x490
>>64389078
>he likes b movies
you are literally beta cuck
>>
>>64389443
>'Flick, movie, film, or cinema' is a legitimate way of categorizing moving pictures.

We'd need to have these terms properly defined in order for this to be the case. Otherwise it's vague terminology that isn't really worth anything to a discussion
>>
>>64389078
>the big lebowski sucks
YES, SOMEBODY FINALLY SAID IT!!!! What a structureless snooze-fest.
>>
>>64394237
>the human element gives you something to relate to and worry about
The family dynamic is roland emmerich tier as best. Which is fine in a Roland Emmerich movie because the point is the ebin explosions. You want to spend as little time developing them as possible. So you go to the generic single father trying to connect with estranged children when [insert apocalypic event] happens on his last weekend to spend with them before they move to [insert far away place] with mom's new boyfriend.

If you want to make a movie that FOCUSES on the human element you have to try a little harder than that. And Spielberg knows better. Jaws isn't about a shark, its about Roy Scheider dealing with the town freaking out about the shark. He's got depth, you see the shit he goes through, you see the town heading into the disaster headlong, and then you get a fantastic finale.

Tom Cruise and Dakota "Milk Carton" Fanning just look doe eyed at each other while more interesting things happen off screen.
>>
The Counselor is Ridley Scott's masterpiece

Ghostbusters 2 was much funnier than the first one

Jim Jarmusch never surpassed Dead Man
>>
>>64394641
Stranger than Paradise is better than Dead Man
>>
File: david-bowie_0.jpg (94 KB, 1275x1078) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie_0.jpg
94 KB, 1275x1078
>>64388397
Batman and Robin is VERY good movie.
Star Wars Phantom Menace better than other SW movies.
Spider-Man 3 is good movie, Spider-Nan 2 is boring, very decent movie worst from Raimi trilogy (bad not bad film tho)
Inland Empire is one of worst movie in history
God only forgives is bad movie, but have some great parts in it tho
Amazing Spider-Man 2 is good movie
Tetsuo Iron Man is worst movie in history
>>
File: 1422058184268.jpg (135 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1422058184268.jpg
135 KB, 803x688
>>64390597
>>
>>64394640
Jeez I know it's not that great of a movie just let me have fun. :(
>>
File: 4435775.jpg (26 KB, 260x362) Image search: [Google]
4435775.jpg
26 KB, 260x362
>>64394752
(Continue)
Begotten is worst b movie in history
Eraser head us worst b movie in history
Iron Man 3 better than other IM (I actually don't like character)
All Matrix+Animatrix movies are one greatest masterpieces of mankind
If you watch 2001 Space Odissey without 2010 you are pleb
THX 1138 and American Graffiti is Lukas greatest films, all SW and IJ are mid-tier soap-opera parody
Dark Knight Rises is worst Batman movie from Nolan
Inception is just pretendous shit, but afte Interstellar Nolan returned to his greatness of pre-Batman "era"
Star Wars prequels dialogs actually better than in previous films
Skyfall is anti-Bond movie SPECTRE is pro-Bond movie, Menendez did great work in both, everyone who dislikes SPECTRE more than/or compare to Skyfall is a officially pleb
Event Horizon was one of the greatest movies, seriously what went wrong with mr.Anderson?
Uwe Ball isn't bad director, only his vidyagaem based movies are shit (as almost everyone of them in general)
Prometheus is good movie
TMNT produced by Bay wasn't so bad, they were more like decent
Mad Max 3 is good movie
Terminator 3 was decent, Salvation was more like decent spin-off, Gynesis is worst movie in history
Escape from LA wasn't so bad
Daredevil with Affleck is good movie
Green Lantern is good movie
Arrow 1season is decent, later completely shit
Constantine was good for tv for all age, shame it wasn't in England and was cancelled
Max Payne movie is garbage
Mortal Kombat movies are garbage, web-series was good, but shitty Sub Zero costume in 2nd season
Captain America First Avenger is better than Iron Man
X-Men First Class is better than others X-Men, one of the greatest film at all tho

I am simple man and there's so much more to write with so much plebs to mock, but I will end like this.
>>
File: insufficieint data.jpg (14 KB, 403x514) Image search: [Google]
insufficieint data.jpg
14 KB, 403x514
>>64394752
>babyfigs will never know what its like to wait for an image of tits to load
>>
File: herfycbso.jpg (37 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
herfycbso.jpg
37 KB, 450x450
>>64388397

Her is better than Lost In Translation
>>
>>64394201
>Even Dee
Dee has been both funnier AND more interesting than Mac for the majority of the show's run
>>
File: 1441721622796.jpg (343 KB, 1926x1024) Image search: [Google]
1441721622796.jpg
343 KB, 1926x1024
>>64391090
The film isn't even out yet and you've wrote a thesis on why it sucks
>>
>>64394848
Nope.
>>
>>64394806
>implying ISPs aren't fucking ridiculous and frequently cause their customers to operate at near dialup levels of speed

I'm supposed to be on a 15Mb connection but I can't reliably stream 720p video and I'm damn near certain it's this shit fucking modem they refuse to even look at
>looks fine on our end
>>
File: 4u.png (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
646 KB, 1920x1080
>>64394912

t. Sofia Coppola
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 325x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 325x475
I genuinely find this movie hilarious.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1024x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1024x714
>>64394999
t. Spike Jonze
>>
>>64394953
>this babby thinks not playing a 720p video in real time is a big deal
lmao I had dial-up when the internet was transitioning into web 2.0 bullshit with videos and flash everywhere.
I had to coordinate site loads to minimize waiting times, forum threads took a few minutes to load so I already had to pre-load the next page while reading and youtube videos took at least 30 minutes to load.
>>
>>64388899
New Moon was pretty tight and had a great soundtrack desu senpai
>>
>>64394953
I don't know where you live, but if you're got any other provider in the area you can absolutely play one off the other. Just tell them you want to cancel your service and they usually bend over backwards to get you to stay.
>>
>>64394805
Is it David Bowie on JUST?
>>
The Hateful 8 is QT's best film yet.

Insecure White dudes getting hung up over Big Black Dingus, clouded their vision.

Like QT's narration after the intermission "Black Cocks in White Mouthes".
>>
>>64395459
No need to shitpost.
>>
Most people on this board have no understanding of film theory whatsoever, but they know they want to be "cool" and "counterculture" so they shit on anything that's popular regardless of it's actual quality (see, The Force Awakens) and praise anything that seems even the tiniest bit underground or intellectual (see, Ex Machina.)

You're all just as bad as redditors, in fact most of you probably are redditors.
>>
>>64388397
The Anvil Hoarder is overrated, unbelievable shit, who wouldn't want that anvil the guy was offering?
>>
>>64395581
Both those films are shit
>>
>>64395459
I actually agree with this.
the Dingus scene got a big laugh when it happened. my mom looked at me and nudged me, it was fun.
>>
>>64394848
both are total garbage
>>
>>64395790
thats cus she loves the BIG BLACK DINGUS
>>
>>64394634

>structureless
>bad thing

hello reddit
>>
Big Lebowski was neither funny, nor entertaining, nor interesting, nor did it create a world or characters that I cared about. It was well shot with skillful performances though.

Kill Bill II > Kill Bill

The newer cartoons aimed at adults such as Archer or Bob's Burgers have all missed the mark and are aimed at idiots

Family Guy is pretty good

Clockwork Orange > Full Metal Jacket >> The Shining
>>
>>64395981
>Clockwork Orange > Full Metal Jacket >> The Shining

I understand it's your own opinion, but naaaaah dude
>>
>>64395981
Disagree with everything except the Kill Bill part. I wholeheartedly believe that
>>
File: toilet-tycoon-win8.png (816 KB, 689x974) Image search: [Google]
toilet-tycoon-win8.png
816 KB, 689x974
>>64395659
It's heavy as fuck.
Why would you want to carry that home?
And besides, their gaming division is so much fucking better than their movie division.
>>
>>64392116
I never understood why the martians buried the walkers underground, THEN invaded millions of years later
>>
File: suuure.jpg (16 KB, 208x206) Image search: [Google]
suuure.jpg
16 KB, 208x206
>>64395581
>I only like lowest common denominator shit and so should you
oh reddit
>>
>>64389078
you have some very tolerable opinions desu. big lebowski is reddit tier
>>
>How to Train Your Dragon should've won the Oscar over the mediocre Toy Story 3
>Mad Men is absolute garbage, and is in no way better than Breaking Bad
>Friday Night Lights is the greatest drama of all time
>Game of Thrones is legitimately good television
>Crash is better than Brokeback Mountain
>Frozen is Disney's best since The Lion King
>Gladiator is cringeworthingly bad
>Blue is the Warmest Color isn't even hot
>Golden Era South Park is better than Golden Era Simpsons
>Reddit is better than 4chan
>>
>>64392157
Never fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the discussion.
>>
Christina Hendricks is genuinely talented; I feel like there's a lot of symmetry between her and Joan as her looks have propelled as much as pigeon-holed her.

Fire Walk With Me > most of the Twin Peaks series
>>
>>64396364
this is bait and made for people to reply to you and its clearly working right now so good job
>>
>>64395981
Kill Bill Vol 2 is the only Tarantino film that made me really invest in the characters.

Even though Vol 1 has all the action, another ball in Vol 2's court is that it has what is easily the best fight scene out of both (Bride vs Elle; brutal and claustrophobic, made all the nastier by elaborating on their feelings towards one another rather than slaying a shitload of insignificant Japs for the gore factor)
>>
New season of South Park is one of the best ever
Blue is the Warmest color is pretentious and the sex scenes were a gimmick to get buzz about the movie
Eyes Wide Shut is Kubrick's best
Return of the Sith is great
Rey's theme is one of the worst things about TFA
>>
>>64396514
It's not bait. I 100% unironically believe everything I wrote. Either contribute or get the fuck out.
>>
>>64396652
Fuck, Revenge of the Sith*
>>
>>64396652
>Blue is the Warmest color is pretentious and the sex scenes were a gimmick to get buzz about the movie

"Pretentious" is a waited plebeians use when a film is too complex and slow for them.

Also
>Return of the Sith
>>
>>64395057
LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE WASN'T TURTLY ENOUGH FOR THE TURTLE CLUB
>>
Star Wars Ep 7 is about as good as the prequels and does absolutely nothing new with the franchise.
>>
>>64396728
>waited
Meant word. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>64396812
TFA was lackluster because it did very little that was new

the prequels were lackluster because they tried to do something new and did so extremely poorly
>>
>>64395981
>The newer cartoons aimed at adults such as Archer or Bob's Burgers have all missed the mark and are aimed at idiots
>Family Guy is pretty good
Pleb-taste detected.

I even like newer FG but literally all of the heart is gone. It's pretty much just characters acting somewhat out of character and cutaway gags for cheap humor. I think it's still kinda funny but let's not get ahead of ourselves, modern FG clearly isn't that great, ESPECIALLY when the writers decide that the funniest thing is just cheap, violent, shock humor for the umpteenth time.

Newer more mature shows like Archer, Bob's Burgers, Bojack Horseman, remember about certain actual storytelling conventions, like characterization, character development, overarching plotlines, etc. Less so Bob's Burgers than the others, but at least that has genuine heart put into it.
>>
>>64391090
This is true but hardly unpopular?
>>
>>64388397
/tv/ literally has reddit taste in movies
>>
chris farley is not funny
>>
Brickleberry is the funniest animated show in the world
>>
it's ok for black people to be in movies
>>
>>64397401
Fuck off.
>>
/tv/ is riddled with hipsters who wouldn't know a good thing if it smacked them in the mouth, much less anything about actual cinema.

Oh, and the memes here are shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x180
Nicolas cage is a good actor. Crazy but good.
>>
>>64396728
>waited
Go watch your Tumblr movies bud
>>
>>64392157
>/b/
>/2009/
>>
>>64397482
Sure thing, pal. Just keep your capeshit and Fast and Furious flicks away from me.
>>
>>64396364

literally all of these are true except the gladiator one.
>>
Temple of Doom > Raiders of the Lost Ark > The Last Crusade
>>
File: Charlie.jpg (6 KB, 251x229) Image search: [Google]
Charlie.jpg
6 KB, 251x229
>>64395981
>The newer cartoons aimed at adults such as Archer or Bob's Burgers have all missed the mark and are aimed at idiots
>Family Guy is pretty good
Pls be b8
>>
>>64396364
>>Gladiator is cringeworthingly bad
This! The battle scenes are amazing but the story is shit and fuck Russel Crowe
>>
Dances With Wolves is easily better than Goodfellas

Martin Scorcese is a fucking hack who rehashes pretty much every movie he makes. That being said, Taxi Driver and Hugo are great.
>>
>>64398195
>Hugo
These are some fucking opinions.
>>
>>64388397
I liked Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>>
>>64398291
I know what you mean, bro. The Departed is so epic! And Wolf of Wall Street is rad af xD

Fuck off, plebeian.
>>
>>64396364
>>Frozen is Disney's best since The Lion King
Frozen was fucking shit.
>>
>>64397136
If he was still alive today, he'd be as hated as Adam Sandler
>>
File: 1451456787069.png (1014 KB, 1440x806) Image search: [Google]
1451456787069.png
1014 KB, 1440x806
>>64388397
V>IV>VI>VII>I>II=III
>>
>>64388397
desu senpai as a teenager I thought that PotC is a schlock until I saw 2 & 3. I loved the convoluted plot, worldbuilding and the whole saga of Lord Beckett.
>>
>>64397437
What? I think it's ok for white people to be in movies too. What's the problem?
>>
>>64388397
If a film needs more than 90 minutes to tell a story, then it's not a good story
>>
>>64396302
the walkers had to hatch so they kept them safe in a warm place
>>
Lexee is best Banji
>>
>>64390597
That's a big opinion
>>
>>64393601
Aside from liking Lost River, these are all mainstream opinions.
>>
File: help.jpg (68 KB, 668x764) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
68 KB, 668x764
>>64391890
ha ahaha
bee movie

bzz bzz!
>>
>>64392767
Actually this movie has my all time favorite moment of nudity, when Bill Murray is just agast at this girl walking in nude. Really encapsulates kind of that older generation WTF moment at the new morals of the young one.

>>64393601
Malick is currently the best living director because nobody can bring out both 10/10 flawless and 1/10 reviews like he can.

I love your Kate Hudson and Heathers shout outs.

>>64393697
What does this mean exactly? Matured?

>>64395302
Thats bullshit, look at his latest album cover he is the handsomest 60 year old in the world.

>>64397006
Underrated post. No need for Family Guy or Simpsons anymore, these shows you listed give us so much more.
>>
>"Patrician" movies are overrated and it is perfectly fine to think "fun" movies are great
>>
>>64394805
Damn, son, I forget
Liked Bad Lieutenant Part Call Orlean more than Bad Lieutenant, but they are both pretty good.
>>
File: 1451445927797.jpg (19 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1451445927797.jpg
19 KB, 300x378
>>64399191
>Wannabe patricians are more cancerous than the "hey/hi ribbit" spouting closet redditors trying to fit in/take the focus away from not having an argument
>>
>>64394586

flick. Very little story. Lowest common denominator. Shitty comedies, rehashed horror films, simple romance, micheal bay, etc.

movie. Step up from the above. Decent RomComs. Action with a plot that isn't just shoehorned in for. Comedy with a good setting and story. Genuinely fun movies.

film. Entertaining throughout. Thought provoking. Seems like everyone involved have actually put in 100%. Like Eastwood's films, for example.

cinema. muh art. boring movies with way too much emphasis on cinematography and/or attempts to be artistic for the sake of being artistic. Not entertaining at all, but other people don't get it so we watch it to feel more sophisticated.
>>
>>64399183
>What does this mean exactly? Matured?

That's what I was aiming at
>>
>>64399562
Film > Movie > Flick > Cinema
>>
>>64392572
>Reddit; the post
>>
>>64392329
This
>>
>>64400709
delete this
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1225x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1225x706
>>64394752
>tetsuo the iron man is the worst movie in history
>>
Requiem for a Dream is a pile of fucking horseshit
>>
>>64392329
I really liked it. I wasn't blown away but it was clearly a very good movie. Rey was a little Mary Sue-ish but it wasn't so bad that it took away from the movie. In fact, most of the people whining about Rey are just misogynists, she was actually not bad and had great chemistry with everyone.

I really liked it to the point where I'm really looking forward to watching it again.
>>
>>64399075
Depends on context. Taking my statements on Forrest Gump alone, it isn't mainstream to denounce a film so widely beloved in day-to-day socialisation. In the context of this board, it is even more unpopular to claim that one of the film's few redeeming features is a character who is a mainstay in 'most hated character' threads
>>
>>64396381
Is this a meme? Or are you that same faggot from the room thread?
I think I answered my own question
>>
>>64400953
That's unpopular? Wow
>>
Anyone who molds their opinions to fit in with the people here are the worst sort of person, and should never be listened to.
>>
>>64403017
They are just naturally alike pieceapoo
>>
>>64389078
>>64396346
>>64394634
This aggression will not stand
>>
Writing is the least important aspect of any work of fiction not in the medium of literature.
>>
>>64392875
R.I.P.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.