[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You gotta be especially edgy to claim this movie is bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
You gotta be especially edgy to claim this movie is bad
>>
>>64383042
C-Come on man, it's Edgelord, geez.
>>
>>64383042
Take out the soundtrack, what do you have left?
>>
>>64383106
A fun little action adventure with great make up and good creature design
>>
>>64383401
You forgot bland and forgettable.
>>
>You gotta be especially edgy to claim that reddit is bad
>>
I liked it. It's good that I watched it before I read something about on /tv/. Bunch of bitter anuses are on here.
>>
>>64383042
Literally the best capeshit movie after CIA RISES.
>>
File: fun.jpg (99 KB, 1278x708) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
99 KB, 1278x708
>>64383042
it's a fun movie

that doesnt make it a good movie
>>
>>64383042
It's incredibly overrated.
>>
>>64383638
"Durr the common pleb enjoyed it, therefore it must be bad art, but good movie for the mindless masses". You know who you sound like man.
>>
>>64383042
GotG = TFA
I hope we can all agree on this.
>>
>>64383042
It's not a movie, it's a flick.
>>
>>64383042
I hate the soundtrack wtf it feels so dated. 80's really? Fucking liberal hipsters.
The dance scene was akward as fuck

His mask looks like shit.

Its was too dark literally, do they skip lighting class in film school.
I blame the CGI plebs for taking the easy way out.

They really need to update this and bring in a more minimalist art direction.
Come on Marvel its time to evolve.

Other than that it was okay, I feel like this is what Thor is suppose to be.
>>
File: reddit the movie.jpg (743 KB, 1200x1777) Image search: [Google]
reddit the movie.jpg
743 KB, 1200x1777
>>64383042
>>
It's not bad, but it's completely forgettable and only survived a while for the memes

>>64383106
The soundtrack doesn't fit the movie at all, it's just good dadrock
>>
>>64383042

This was the actual modern Star Wars.
>>
>>64385028
/thread
>>
I never watched and most likely never will after being amazed at just how bad Avengers was.
>>
reddit please just stop
just stop
you have all of reddit
you don't need this shitty corner of the internet
>>
File: 1436894921995.jpg (59 KB, 802x542) Image search: [Google]
1436894921995.jpg
59 KB, 802x542
GotG was the most overhyped piece of shit ever. I literally CRINGED watching that shit.
>>
>>64385052
Because other Marvel movies are so much more memorable.
>>
>>64383042
Okay, I am gonna drop some strong negative points/
>Gamorra is a really weak character. We get told throughout the film that she is a deadly assassin but we never see this at all. In fact, she is shown to be incredibly compassionate and judgemental of Starlord. This is probably because a cold-blooded assassin isn't appropiate for the Disney audience so they showed her as a perfect hero while telling us she is a bad guy
>Ronin, terrible villain. The design and performance is great but the usage of the character is wasted. Quite similar to Gamorra, as we are constantly told how much of a bad guy he is but he never actually does anything. He kills one guy at the beginning and thats it. We are told he slaughters women and children instead of shown it. Even the TFA shows Kylo Ren ordering the execution of the village and villagers subsequently being massacred. In GotG, it cuts away before the prisoners are killed. He later has a lazy fight with Drax and thats it. He is never properly confronted on the ship, he just has a missile fired at him. Then before a final confrontation can happen, Starlord literally challenges him to a dance off before obliterating him with the magic plot device.
> 4 antagonists that aren't developed. Yondu was all right as he is more of a roguish anti-hero. The rest were undeveloped and a drag on the film.
>>
>>64383042

Not particularly memorable.
>>
>>64383042
either that or just have taste
>>
>>64383630
It's not capeshit though that's why it's good.
>>
>>64385052
>dadrock
it was his mom's favorite songs.
>>
Guardians was fun, not going to lie. Cool ambiance, funny use of music, beautiful art design. It was like a shitty 80's sci fi B movie with a massive budget.

But it's not the fucking godsend of cinema that this new generation of nerd culture critics are pretending it is. I'm not even one of those /tv/ wannabe patrician types, but even I can tell with my limited taste that something like GotG is a top-tier popcorn movie with no aspirations beyond that.
>>
>>64387193
Holy fuck a negative opinion that isn't literally "literally reddit", good job
>>
>>64383559

Except it was neither of those things.

Other than Ronan of course.
>>
>>64387410
>wannabe patrician
>>64320142

Still waiting you tasteless /v/een
>>
>>64383042
It's not a bad movie. But overall I find it quite dislikeable in a Joss Whedon kind of way.
It was much too aware of itself trying to be cute.
>>
one of the worst movies of 2014
1. VHS viral
2. the purge anarchy
3. 22 jump street
4. the interview
5. guardians of the galaxy
6. maleficent
7. interstellar
8. i, frankenstein
9. edge of tomorow
10. the giver
11. frank
12. the equalizer
13. million dollar arm
14. gone girl
15. the judge
>>
>>64389366
-yours truly

-reddit
>>
>>64383918
> >
>>
>>64385010
The dance scene in front of Ronan was incredibly awkward. I will give you that
>>
>>64389717
thanks for the you, /v/eddit
>>
File: ironmangulmira2.webm (2 MB, 1278x534) Image search: [Google]
ironmangulmira2.webm
2 MB, 1278x534
>>64387293
Implying there isn't good capeshit from Marvel. The original Iron Man and Winter soldier are both solid films and the best from the studio
>>
File: 1444676963230.jpg (764 KB, 936x1231) Image search: [Google]
1444676963230.jpg
764 KB, 936x1231
>>64389778
you too, reddit
>>
>>64385010
80s? Am I being fucking trolled?
>>
>>64385010
>80's
Moron.
>>
>>64383401
>great makeup
anything decent was cgi, the makeup was so flat looking on the pink, blue, and green people. they somehow made drax looks like a unintelligble mess despite having red on grey

maybe that's how they are supposed to look, but I was unimpressed with the makeup specifically
>>
>>64389807
>winter soldier is good meme
stop with this shit, it's so goddamn boring i actually fell asleep watching it.
>>
Contrarian opinions for the sake of being contrarian are worse than having a shitty opinion because at least your shitty opinion is based on your own personal feelings towards something while contrarian opinions (/tv/) are entirely based on what mainstream thought thinks. Therefore, like most forms of counterculture, conformity of the worst kind develops, Poe's Law goes into full effect, and a Dunn-Kruger complex develops within a contrarian as he/she/xe begins to honestly think they're a reviewer worthy of listening to.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.