[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when GRRM confirmed it himself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: jaypegimagery.dotcom.png (3 KB, 362x33) Image search: [Google]
jaypegimagery.dotcom.png
3 KB, 362x33
Where were you when GRRM confirmed it himself?
>>
BRB hanging myself
>>
>>64376010
Hi Selsye
>>
>>64375938
On Reddit with all my other /got/ bros. XD
>>
>>64376128
kill urself
>>
WOW the rest of that blog post

a bombshell
>>
http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html
>>
>I can't think of any other instance where the movie or TV show came out as the source material was still being written.

Is that some subtle shade being thrown at Rowling or is his brain just clogged with fat?
>>
>I worked on the book a couple of days ago, revising a Theon chapter and adding some new material, and I will writing on it again tomorrow.
Theon
>>
>Yes, there's a lot written. Hundreds of pages. >Hundreds of pages.
>>
File: lkXBJWqEWNI.jpg (36 KB, 604x362) Image search: [Google]
lkXBJWqEWNI.jpg
36 KB, 604x362
But... Stannis was the king... he was MY king...
FUCK EVERYTHING GODDAMIT
HAIL STANNIS
RIGHTFUL KING OF WESTEROS
THE KING IS DEAD
ALL IS LOST
>>
On the bright side, it sounds like a 2016 publication is likely.
>>
friendly reminder that GRRM confirms that quentin is still alive in this post
>>
>>64377189
no he didn't.. he mentioned quentin was in the books and not the show.
>>
>>64376508
Well what is unique with GoT is that it has OVERTAKEN his shitty slow writing skills. The films were always a long way behind Rowling. That's probably what he meant.
>>
>>64377271

True, but Quentyn is the only character in that grouping who appears to be dead.

He's definitely dead.
>>
i'm playing that slow game of thrones theme song in my head right now
>>
>>64375938

He's fucking pathetic. Fucking moron can't even finish one book, let alone two. I love that he's going to be known not for his epic saga or for the hit show (that will be HBO's) but for being that idiot that got outpaced and out shined by an adaptation of his work. Millions of people are going to know him only for the clown that he is. That is his embarrassing legacy. And he can't even own up to it and take responsibility like a man. Instead he cries about on his blog like a teenage girl on suicide watch. Fat fucking pig.
>>
>>64375938
>alive in the books
That's all that matters familia
The show is a piece of shit now
>>
>>64377407
slow version of rains that is

fuuckkk
>>
>>64376853
he has over a thousand pages in manuscripts.
he spends all his time rewriting them over and over.
it's just how he writes.
>>
>>64377453
>And he can't even own up to it and take responsibility like a man.

>But I won't make excuses. There are no excuses. No one else is to blame. Not my editors and publishers, not HBO, not David & Dan. It's on me.

Yeah what a responsibility-dodging faggot.
>>
>>64377523

Keep white knighting and maybe you can be a pallbearer at his funeral when he kills himself from depression.
>>
>>64377459
He's not going to finish the book senpai.
The show is the only resolution we'll get.
>>
>>64375938
>King Stannis
George confirmed for stannis fag
>>
>he loved the martian

HELLO REDDIT.

Man, George is such an unlikable piece of shit. I usually like both the creator and the created, or dislike both, but rarely has my love for a series been so proportional with my hatred for the author.

I also love how he talks so much about polishing. His books read like shit. Does he think he's fucking Faulkner or Pynchon or something? Does talking about your characters pissing and shitting require that much fucking effort? And don't you dare tell me you're focusing on the plot, George, FfC was a sluggish fucking book with the least development and with an insane amount of pages.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

You should go to Japan and meet your estranged cousins Togashi and Miura, I'm sure you selfish pricks would have a lot to talk about.
>>
>>64377578

Even better. If the book never gets written he can never die.
>>
>>64377674
Why do you hate him?
>>
>>64377523
you mean draft dodging? pussy couldn't take the black irl...
>>
>"King Stannis"

$20 says that this is some "From a Certain Point of View" shit. Like, "King Stannis" is dead, but "Stannis Baratheon" is still alive.
>>
>>64377674
Yeah I don't know who those fish heads you mentioned are, but I do agree that GRRM has a lot of flaws in his writing. He polishes well and leaves no plot holes but the development is too slow. Also you should read the blog post, there's a grammar error in almost every sentence.
>>
>>64377716

Because he's lazy, dishonest, and always eager for public approval. His prose sucks too, and it's lazy as fuck. He will literally use the same character descriptions, word for word, from one chapter and book to another. I think if I read one more "Littlefinger fingered his beard" I'm going to blow my fucking brains out.

Also he's an ugly (Iike some infinitely more hideous Socrates) and his voice irritates me.
>>
lel eat shit you fat neckbearded Stannis autists. Brienne is officially my favorite character now.
>>
>>64377773
>c-close call there
>>
>>64377785

They're basically two gooks that do exactly what he does. They're always too sick or too busy to write (and draw, in this case); one of them is always busying himself by posting lolis and talking about vidya, while you can only get information on the other from his fucking mother as if you're dealing with a CIA agent.
>>
>>64375938
of course hes dead, what the fuck you guys think brienne just swung her sword in the air and he disappeared by black magic or some shit?
>>
>>64376128
I really don't understand why we can't have GoT general. I want to discuss GoT without the upvotes and other reddit shit.
>>
>>64377898

In case you haven't noticed these retarded autists are too busy making the same Star Wars threads every day and saying the same things every day. Ever since that movie came out it's like time has stopped passing. Like some fuckd up and reversed 50 First Dates. 50 First Star Wars.
>>
>>64377773

Stannis was a king. There was a whole bunch of kings at one point. Kings don't get POV chapters. The fact that GRRM has said that indicates that he accepts there are multiple kings in Westeros simultaneously. I doubt he's like, a political partisan regarding any one of them. I mean I don't think the guy's a monarchist full stop, you know?
>>
>>64377898
Because you autistic faggots ruined your own threads on such a level that it was never even seen before on any board for any subject. Think about that, this series fanbase is so autistic that it was SHUNNED FROM FUCKING 4CHAN. 4Chan, the Mos Eisley Cantina of the internet, a hive of scum and villainy. You assholes were too autistic for this place.

Amazing.
>>
>>64377898
>I really don't understand why we can't have GoT general.

It became cancer beyond the dreams of cancer. It had to die.
>>
>>64375938

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
>>
>>64378004

>the Mos Eisley Cantina of the internet

You mean the 2005 Barrens chat of the internet?
>>
>>64377898

/got/ and the Stannis and Jon autists were chemo proof levels of cancer. Not to mention the pedos and old men dicksuckers. The only thing that could be done was to kill it completely.
>>
>>64378004
I agree there was some serious autistic shit in those threads, but that doesn't mean GoT general can't exist. I like asoiaf and want to discuss it here anonymously without upvotes and faggots. I can handle autists, but faggots are different matter.
>>
>>64378004

It's honestly quite impressive when you really think about it.
>>
File: 45.gif (1 MB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
45.gif
1 MB, 352x217
>>64375938
Is this the same as how the people affiliated with the show expect me to believe Jon is also dead?
>>
File: 1450156130743.jpg (62 KB, 566x626) Image search: [Google]
1450156130743.jpg
62 KB, 566x626
Seriously, his blog post just fucking made me lose some respect for him.

He had one fucking job, to get the book done before it was ruined by the shitty tv show, and he couldnt do it. He even had an extra two fucking months, and he didnt do it.

Its bad enough that he couldnt do it, but we have tue chance the book might he shit too.

Seriously jdimsa
>>
>>64378186

STANNIS IS DEAD YOU AUTISTIC SHITPILE, FACE IT.
>>
>>64378004

Who cares? As long as it's contained in one general thread.
>>
>>64378076
tbqh fåm the worst part is that the pedos all left years ago, shit always ran smooth when they were posting about bran and rickon. it was the guys obsessed with old men who killed it. i miss those weird boyfuckers
>>
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
-GOT ends and prequels/Dunk Egg novels are made and released on Blu-ray
-Star Wars Episode 7,8,9 released
-Gravity Falls series finale
-Half-Life 3 released
-Emperor will die on his throne and Imperium collapsed

all before the book releases
>>
>>64378192

>having respect for martin to begin with
>>
>>64378213
1) We didn't see him die
2) They want Brienne to be the honorable character, killing a downed foe after battle isn't honorable and besides, it's retarded for her to think Renley is the true king, even if he was nice to her once. He has absolutely no legitimate claim.
3) GoT tv version loves it's duos and takes every chance it can to thrust characters together for banter, I imagine we're going to have to watch Brienne lug Stannis to the wall or to King's Landing for some bullshit honor reason.
>>
>>64377578
Shuh... shutup...
>>
>>64376508
Is this really a rarity?
I know I'm revealing my horrible eastern video fetish but half of anime does this.
>>
>>64378004
THE ARISTOCRATS
>>
>>64378192
>He even had an extra two fucking months, and he didnt do it.

Nigga Dance of Dragons was published a year after the first season was broadcast. He's almost 5 fucking years. Cunt is useless.
>>
>>64378314
Most writers have enough discipline to have finished their book series by the time it's popular enough to get optioned for a tv series.
>>
>>64378289
>We didn't see him die
>>
File: tumblr_m4pf0hMbzX1ro2d43.gif (877 KB, 415x343) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4pf0hMbzX1ro2d43.gif
877 KB, 415x343
>>64378213
>Implying he won't btfo the boltons with the help of the north
>>
File: 1419704095936.jpg (137 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
1419704095936.jpg
137 KB, 500x661
>>64378245
>-Emperor will die on his throne and Imperium collapsed
>>
>>64375938
Who cares? What exactly is he going to do at this point, anyway? His army was decimated by 20 GOOD MEN, and he didn't think to use some of that Iron Bank money to equip his men with winter gear, despite the knowledge that they're going to the Wall. Yeah, real brilliant strategist.

The damage has been done, just let him go.
>>
>>64378373
Can you honestly see no distinction between giving a dying character a farewell and cutting away from another character's dead right before it happens?

He killed his daughter. He's going to need to go through more sufferance.
>>
>>64377147
If you really believe that I've got a bridge to sell you.
>>
>>64377147
>Nor is it likely to be finished tomorrow, or next week. Yes, there's a lot written. Hundreds of pages. Dozens of chapters. (Those 'no pages done' reports were insane, the usual garbage internet journalism that I have learned to despise). But there's also a lot still left to write. I am months away still... and that's if the writing goes well. (Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't.) Chapters still to write, of course... but also rewriting. I always do a lot of rewriting, sometimes just polishing, sometimes pretty major restructures.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It ain't coming, chump.
>>
>>64378192
He clearly hasn't been interested in writing the books for a long time. Probably burned out trying to make all that shit in mereen line up.
>>
Just die already you fat fuck.

We all know the books are never coming out anyway.
>>
>>64378849
I wonder if he's ashamed? He probably deep down wants to just come clean and tell his audience, "I'm sorry guys but I just don't have it in me to finish" but he's too proud so just has to keep stringing along everyone until he dies.
>>
>>64378849
Im not saying he'll die hefore finishing, but he'll just stop.

He isnt even finished with the sixth fucking book and cant muster enough energy to finish it before the sixth season, hows he going to do the last book, probably one of the hardest books to write.
>>
Stannis is the true king
>>
>>64378649
>>
>>64376508

Try any number of Anime you fat slob
>>
>>64379044
Again. There is a pronounced distinction between peripheral characters being farewelled and a major character's death being cut off midway in the final episode. He's not dead yet. They wouldn't have him kill Shireen to just die immediately after. He has to dwell on his failure and the sacrifices he's made that have brought him nothing. He will be penitent. Brienne probably won't be able to bring herself to do it and will have hacked her axe into the tree beside his head. He'll probably then ask Brienne to take him to the wall as payment for his sins.
>>
>>64379155
>>
Do you think he regrets agreeing to the tv series?
>>
>>64378004

You know you fucked up when you went more offtopic than /pol/
>>
when are we gonna see the Boltons get their shit ruined?

and why do i still about this when Black Sails is still running strong?
>>
>>64379236

Bitterly.
>>
>>64379195
That's not a good example as there's a significant number of people who genuinely believe that Syrio is still alive.
>>
>>64379195
Okay. Now post a major character that experiences the same thing.
>>
>For years my readers have been ahead of the viewers. This year, for some things, the reverse will be true.

Keke bookfags
>>
>>64378338
It was actually published the same year as the first season.
>>
>>64379298
>>64379305

Not that many major characters have actually died, bros. I'm just establishing that not having seen his body is by no means even weakly indicative that he's still alive.

>his army is routed
>his kid is dead
>his red whore has abandoned him
>he's clearly resigned to his fate, telling brienne to do her duty

That's not the place to bring him to to drag him out for another season. He dead.
>>
>>64379377
So he has had 5 years? What a fat, lazy fuck.
>>
>>64379395
>That's not the place to bring him to to drag him out for another season. He dead.

If you have no desire to explore a character, sure. Would be shitty writing though.
>>
>>64379417
More than 5, technically. He had a bunch of chapters finished already when he was done with book 4. Well, a couple of them at least.
>>
>>64379417
5 years and he makes it sound like he's got at least another year to go.

Who the fuck does this guy think he is?
>>
>>64379460
>book 4
book 5 I mean
>>
>>64379446
>Would be shitty writing though.
"Couldn't happen because that would be shitty writing" is for sure the best argument with this show!
>>
File: 1439896642205.jpg (33 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1439896642205.jpg
33 KB, 292x257
>>64378004
>GoT
>too autistic for 4chan
You clearly have not seen a single thread on /vg/
>>
File: donotbelievehislies.jpg (46 KB, 966x175) Image search: [Google]
donotbelievehislies.jpg
46 KB, 966x175
>>64379417
This isn't even his longest delay.

>>64379460
Yep, remember the first big chunk of TWOW will just be resolving the cliffhangers in the North and Meereen he couldn't resolve in ADWD before it can actually get to advancing the plot on its own. There's a reason he's become steadily more loose on sticking with only 7 books.
>>
>>64379492
Someone too old to waste his time writing drivel all day. I mean he's already spent 25 years doing this.
>>
File: no.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2 MB, 265x257
> For years my readers have been ahead of the viewers. This year, for some things, the reverse will be true. How you want to handle that... hey, that's up to you.

No. No. Fuck you fat fuck. How is it up to me that I'm getting the books spoiled by poor fanfiction? Your passive-aggressive attitude towards your book readers is as clear as day. This whole thing has been a giant waste of time. He fucked up. Can't he say that? He fucked up by selling the rights to HBO five years in advance. He fucked up by being more obsessed with interviews, travels and running a theatre than writing. At the very least he should understand that people are mad as fuck that the show will basically be a wikipedia page of spoilers for the books. Fat fuck.
>>
>>64379529
>There's a reason he's become steadily more loose on sticking with only 7 books.
Old white men writing epic fantasy are notoriously bad at predicting how many books it'll take them to finish their series.
>>
>>64379584
>Old white men writing epic fantasy
How many old black women are writing epic fantasy?

Didn't think so. So shut the fuck up pointing out their race as a flaw.
>>
>>64379529

Meereen was a mistake.

There are two major problems with Meereen. The first is that Meereen is actually quite boring. The second is that Dany is actually quite boring. So when you take this quite boring character and place her in a quite boring setting, the result is actually quite boring.

Secondary problems include my brain simply not being able to remember the Alphabetti Zo Spaghetti names. They all just run together in my head and I never have a fucking clue who he's talking about. The Shavepate, the Green Grace, yes, these I recognise. Mumbo Bum Jumbo, no. Just can't do it.
>>
>>64379517
Even the most retarded writer has to realize how stupid it would be to build a character up, convinced he is some chosen one, have him make the ultimate sacrifice, be destitute and abandoned and give us no insight into how he deals with realization that he is a failure and was never a chosen anything.
>>
>>64379616
I don't think if you're memeing on me now or not, but I was mainly alluding to Robert Jordan.
>>
>>64379658
>don't think
Don't know
>>
>>64379633
>no insight into how he deals with realization that he is a failure and was never a chosen anything.

He deals with it by accepting it in his usual stoic fashion. Tells his assassin to do her duty. If you want like, visible emotional impact, I think you were backing the wrong horse with Stannis anyway.
>>
>>64379633
bad pussy
>>
Bookfags had a lot of fun spoiling things for everyone else at the beginning and they shouldn't expect any mercy now that things are reversed.
>>
>>64377898
>I really don't understand why we can't have GoT general.

you.

because of you and people like you.

you are the same people that would flood the board every saturday through tuesday with retarded hype threads during the entire last season of breaking bad. you are the people flooding the board with star wars threads right now. every general should be treated like cp and cp should be treated like a sticky for a solid year just to purge you disgusting dogshit retarded people forever.

fuck you and your whole life.
>>
>>64379741
How about you go eat shit? There will always be trolls that spoil, no matter what medium is first. Most book readers just want to read their books in peace without spoilers. As is expected when you're reading a fucking series that has only recently been adapted for TV. The show is bad fanfic anyways. I don't know how anyone can like that drivel.
>>
File: Davos mistake.jpg (14 KB, 221x235) Image search: [Google]
Davos mistake.jpg
14 KB, 221x235
>stannis
>>
>>64379741
Outside of 4chan (where everything always gets spoiled) that isn't true. If you just watch the show, you probably weren't spoiled about major events. And if you were, the most likely cause was you didn't watch the episode immediately when it aired, because afterwards it was actually showfags who would spoil everything instantly on twitter and everywhere else.
>>
>>64379825
Showfags consist of Redditors and Twitter whores. They are reactionary as fuck. Kind of like how Red Wedding became a meme. Nice going showfags.
>>
>>64377972
>In case you haven't noticed these retarded autists are too busy making the same Star Wars threads every day and saying the same things every day.
>this doesn't desribe GoT generals to a T, no sir
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>64379719
I wasn't backing anything with Stannis. I never particularly liked him which is what makes this moment sweeter. How does "Azor" feel now? What does he think of Melly? How much does the pain of Shireen burn? I have questions I'd like answered. If he's dead, I'll live with it. But I don't think he is because the potential to explore his character at this point is too great. The time for stoicism is gone, he's a broken man and not a king at all.
>>
>>64378289
Executing criminal is honourable.
>>
>>64379896
Not for a warrior who has stumbled upon him after a battle.
>>
JUST RELEASE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE NOW, FAT MAN

GODDAMN IT JUST CALL IT TWOW PART 1

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64379954
The sad thing is I don't think he even has a half a novel. And he's created so many loose threads that need tying that he probably doesn't know where to begin.
>>
>>64375938
I don't even care now. I'm gonna watch the show. Fuck that stupid fat cunt.
>>
>>64380010
How can anyone who has read the books enjoy the show? They are polar opposites in so many ways. The biggest being the show being a reflection of Social media. Forced feminism. Forced pandering. It's fucking awful. I blame that shit hack Weiss.
>>
>>64378289
She was totally in love with Renly. Love makes people do retarded things.
>>
>>64380034
I'm not waiting for the book any longer. I read got when it came put.
>>
>>64380034
I just keep watching to see how far the show can go before it gets any actual critical backlash. I was sure Season 5 was where they finally went too far, but then they went and won a fucking Emmy for best writing for "bad pussy."
>>
>>64380079
The Emmy consists of bunch of retards who only comply with popular demand. If there ever was a season that deserved to win at the Emmys, it would be S1. Only S1 had the writing and pacing to be worthy of winning. Everything else is just bad fanfic.
>>
File: 0041 - g0SJsTM.jpg (94 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
0041 - g0SJsTM.jpg
94 KB, 422x408
>>64375938
If I was given an assignment and I missed the deadline and my excuse was "well I had a lot of things distracting me" I would get fucking scolded, George's m8s need to stop pitter-pattering around him, give him a smack, and make him write something it's been three years ffs
>>
>>64380034
because i'm waiting 5 fucking years from the book and i will get spoiled by people who watch the show anyway.
>>
Can you guys stop hating GRRM, and calling him a fat fuck? At least we should be grateful, without him we never experience a great series like this. So stop being such a entitled cunt.
>>
File: robb.jpg (198 KB, 900x1329) Image search: [Google]
robb.jpg
198 KB, 900x1329
>>64380145
>three years
It's been four years since ADWD.

>>64380168
It's just that the show is so painful to watch when you're invested in the books. Seeing all those characters being hilariously misinterpreted by D&D. Such as Robb actually being a lovestruck fool when the books kept repeating over and over again that he did for completely different reasons than his dick.
>>
Euron Greyjoy will save this season.

Ramsay is a pretty shit villain desu.
>>
>>64380060
please that was 3 seasons ago all the normies forgot about that faggot
>>
Why did he ruin got?

turned into a sjw paradise
>>
File: 1175 - ewH0qhL.jpg (41 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1175 - ewH0qhL.jpg
41 KB, 409x409
I never had any doubt that Stannis was dead, but it still hurts ;_;
Still looking forward to more Greyjoy stuff finally, Bastardbowl sounds neat and hell we might even get Cleganebowl.
>Blackfish and Radmure will return
It's gonna be an alright season I reckon
>>
>>64379987
This

Plus he's probably introducing like 10 new minor characters and 1 major one.

He's already said once that the series might need an 8th book.

Basically: if you expect to ever see a conclusion of the series by GRRM, you won't. He's 67, he's obese, he writes one novel every 5-6 years and he probably won't be done with the two that are announced. Sure he'll probably finish TWOW eventually, but TDOS? Not likey.
>>
>>64380286
He didn't do that. The showrunners did. The books are anti-SJW. They shit on feminist icons with no remorse.
>>
>>64380287
If you think that shitshow will be "alright" at any point anymore, you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>64380304
>The books are anti-SJW.
Not really. They're full of strong females and Gurm is an outspoken SJW.

>They shit on feminist icons with no remorse.
lol wat
>>
>>64380304
grrm is pretty much allied with the SJWs so I wouldn't put too much faith in him
>>
>>64380287
He didn't confirm that Stannis will die, you fell for the bait.

Although it is rather obvious that he will die. The final showdown will be between the dragons.
>>
>>64380214
True, but at this point i just don't care.
>>
>>64380145
It's not like he's some schoolboy or some rookie reporter. He's a cashcow and this book, if it ever comes out is going to do ironman numbers. He is captain now.
>>
>>64380354
Stannis will die and become Night's King. It is known.
>>
>>64380398
This is the ideal situation
>>
>>64380330
GRRM has shat on modern feminists aswell. In the books, Daenerys fucks up constantly. She's constantly held back by the fact that she's a 15 year old girl. On the show, she's an unstoppable hero that can do no wrong.
>>
>>64380634
He's actually more feminist than the so called feminists these days. You know, because he actually writes female characters that feel like real people and not "le strong female character" that don't have any attributes besides being good at fighting. Even warriors like Brienne or tomboys like Arya still have some weaknesses and insecurities like normal people.

He doesn't treat his female characters any different than the male characters, and that's pretty great I say. That's what feminism should be like.
>>
>>64380772
Yeah, and I think that's the difference between a classic feminist (as he describes himself) and a modern SJW. Look how quickly they jump to defend a Mary Sue like Rey in SW. They can't stand being told they're not perfect.
>>
Hopefully Stannisfags will shut the fuck up now they are literally
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
He hasn't written shit.

As an experienced procrastinator, I can see the patterns. Grabbing at straws, treating a postponed deadline as a victory to be celebrated with more laziness, the constant, inconsistent blabbering to cover up that nothing has been done.

He is probably where he was in 2011 where "hundreds of pages" already had been written as a leftover from the previous book. In 3 years you will still see him repeating the same bullshit, just even more desperate.
>>
>>64379618

Word.
>>
>It's that rule: 'If you don't see the body then they're not really dead.'

That's a quote from DB Weiss, one of the showrunners

Stannis is a live, and I can't wait to see the shitstorm on /tv/
>>
>>64380939
Did you read the whole blogpost? He says he expects to finish it in the coming months. It's less than a year out.
>>
>>64380330

>outspoken SJW

This is the kind of man that would say anything. He has virtually no credibility or dignity. I genuinely hate women, and I still think I couldn't write something as blatantly focused on my fetishes as ASOIAF.
>>
>>64381083
That's what was implied in 2013.

And 2014.

And 2015...
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/3z4866/spoilers_all_grrm_updates_notablog_mega_hub/
>>
>>64381097
Implying something is different than flat out saying it

He's been VERY cautious and reserved when it comes to estimating his own pace. This is the first realistic estimate he has given for the book
>>
>>64381083

LOL. Wanna Google the interviews he did after the first 3 books came out about when the series would be done?
>>
>>64381058
This. If we didn't see Stannis die, he's not dead.
>>
>>64381116

You're quite young, aren't you?
>>
>>64381120
Predicting future books is a lot different than planning the amount of chapters you have left in your current book

I can't believe I'm defending GRRM to a bunch of autists. I don't like him as a person, but you guys are being willfully ignorant.
>>
File: 1450823792447.jpg (361 KB, 960x2285) Image search: [Google]
1450823792447.jpg
361 KB, 960x2285
>>64381104
>I prefer watching the show first because the books are better
No wonder Reddit is a meme on /tv/.
>>
>>64381135
Did you read the whole blogpost? y/n <---circle one and pass the note back to me
>>
>>64381116
365 days from now I'm going to post this screen cap. I hope you're there to witness it so the laughter hits your face
>>
>>64381161
You're screen capping objective facts? I'm not even giving an opinion worthy of laughing at if proven wrong

I'm just repeating what GRRM said, not agreeing with him.
>>
>>64381138

>implying you are basing this on anything beyond the shitty blog posts of a man most of us have known for over a decade is a total liar and disappointment

But if you want to believe, I'll let you believe. Far be it from me to ruin a child's hopes on the holidays.

If you honestly think he wasn't saying the same

>hundreds of pages written
>it's hard to organize
>one book turns into two books!

Even before AFfC came out, then you're the one who's ignorant and delusional.
>>
>>64381195
Did you read the whole blogpost? y/n?
>>
>>64379787

Is the series good literature?
>>
>>64381116
Where did he flat out say it? He just said it will be done when it's done.
>>
File: 1451676332426.gif (1 MB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
1451676332426.gif
1 MB, 500x252
>>64381206

You mean the blog post which confirms everything I just said, namely that he's a selfish slob who never keeps to anything he says?

Yes, I've read that blog post.
>>
>>64381222
>But there's also a lot still left to write. I am months away still... and that's if the writing goes well.
>>
>>64381238
But this time he's serious!

lol
>>
File: Aemon.jpg (61 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
Aemon.jpg
61 KB, 500x434
>>64375938
HAHAHA I SAID IT ALL THE TIME
>>
>>64381140
It has better discussion.
>>
>>64381216

No. But it's way better than most shit we talk about on /tv/. But Sopranos and SFU are more like good /lit/ than ASOIAF is.
>>
I'm guessing The Winds of Winter will probably be done by late 2016/early 2017, but I don't think he'll finish the last book.

>TFW WE HAVE TO WATCH THE COMPLETE SHITTY ILLOGICAL VERSION OF THE ENDING FROM HACK AND HACK FFS
>>
>>64381216
For /tv/ standards, yes? A book buff probably won't take well to GRRM's prose though.
>>
>>64381216
It's entertaining literature.
>>
>>64381238
Predicting multiple books is different than predicting the time you will finish your current book

He's got something tangeble in front of him to make predictions about. All I'm saying is he said he's months away from finishing the book. It is a FACT that he said that. You can argue it won't come true, but the conversation was about giving a more defined prediction than in the past.
>>
So TWOW never.

If only I just stuck with the show and didn't bother with the books.
>>
>>64381294

>entertaining

Like Transformers are entertaining films?

Seriously, calling commercial fiction literature is just ridiculous.
>>
>>64381311
I bet you're one of those autists that thinks there's a difference between film/cinema/movies/flicks
>>
>>64381140
>reddit is a meme
Grow up.
>>
>>64381239
You don't find that ambigious at all?
>>
>>64380841
>>64380772

You fucking idiots have no idea what feminism is.

fem·i·nism
ˈfeməˌnizəm/Submit
noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
>>
>>64377453
What's your legacy then faggot?

> all this blastedbooty in one post
>>
>>64376508
Scott Pilgrim did it before GoT
>>
>>64381311
Whatever, books are boring anyway.
>>
>>64381302

You're implying that he hasn't made predictions about singular books before (namely AFfC and DwD) before they came out. And guess what, they were all wrong.

You believe what you want, I'm going to trust the pattern.

I personally think the man is lazy, and not just that, but a proper idiot as well.

>hey this is getting longer than I thought
>whelp, time to add a new targaryen and talk about dorne and the iron isles!!!
>hey also I'm gonna split up books 4 and 5 and use 4 to drop worldbuilding at a crawl in my brienne chapters LMAO

A normal and responsible person would've finished it eons ago. He's a hack, and he's probably in so deep he has no fucking idea how to resolve it all. That's what happens when you keep expanding like a moron instead of keeping it simple.
>>
>>64381355
I do, but that wasn't the point of the conversation. I'm talking about him not previously giving estimates of his own writing pace.
>>
So what are some other entertaining fantasy books?

Preferably something that focuses more on politics and characters like ASOIAF and not dragons and orcs.
>>
>>64381305
I only watch the show for memes and shitposting now, I haven't paid attention to it since the end of Season 3, normies will eat that shit up because "What a shocking death!!1!1!!11!!1!!" but I only come back to this godawful show for the memes.
>>
>>64381382
I agree with you on every point. But your responses are to me pointing out that he hasn't given writing pace predictions for this current book.

That has nothing to do with opinions, it's fact.
>>
>>64381389
He did. He said adwd would be done "next year" in 2005. It came out 2011.
>>
>>64381380

Not all of them.

>>64381334

Look, the distinctions are clearly arbitrary; after all, a book is a book, a movie is a movie. But we that doesn't mean there aren't semantic implications to the words "lit" and "film" when we use them in our cultural context. If I say I'm reading literature, your thoughts will go to Moby Dick and Paradise Lost, not fucking Harry Potter and Twilight. It's just a reality. Some books may dip into both elements (commercial and lit), but that doesn't happen very often.
>>
>>64381392
The Saxon Series
>>
>>64381433
I'm talking about TWoW specifically. I forgot to include it in the previous post.
>>
>>64381440
>not all of them
True, asoiaf isn't boring and thus is entertaining.
>>
File: Sheev86.gif (466 KB, 400x168) Image search: [Google]
Sheev86.gif
466 KB, 400x168
post yfw the first shot of season 3 is Stannis' severed head lying in the snow/on a pike to salt the wound and BTFO all the "no body no death" shitters.
>>
>>64381440
>If I say I'm reading literature, your thoughts will go to Moby Dick and Paradise Lost, not fucking Harry Potter and Twilight. It's just a reality.

That's not true, because not everyone thinks the same way as you. I know it's hard to fathom, but not everyone conforms to your internet definitions. We use books/literature/writing to refer to writen works, and film/cinema/flix/movies to visual works. It's just a reality. Any differentiations are your personal interpretation, and isn't shared by the entire culture.
>>
>>64381424

And how long will it be until he changes them, saying that it will take another few months? Like, do you forget he was supposed to be done this year (2015)? Now it's sometime next year. Shit nigga, do you really think it's so improbable that he could push this shit into 2017? He hasn't said anything really, just hopes; no promises down that it will be 2016, and what with the season already coming out, there's even less incentive. I'm willing to bet hard money it won't be coming out this year.
>>
>>64381403
I actually prefer it like this. The show is going to suck anyway but when they write of the source material it's just mediocre shit with some good parts (like season 3) while when they make everything up on their own it's just hilariously bad, kind of like the plane scene.

Season 6 will be even worse than season 5.
>>
>>64381451
>back tracking
>>64381424
>arguing semantics to try and change your argument

please come back next year! I really want you to see how wrong you are

>but muh grrm can do no wrong!
>he said months!
>MONTHS!
>>
File: TOI.gif (979 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
TOI.gif
979 KB, 500x303
>>64381485
I mean season 6 of course.
>>
>>64381493
I JUST SAID I AGREE WITH YOU ON EVERY POINT YOU ILLITERATE NIGGER

HOLY FUCK LEARN TO READ
>>
>>64381488

Lol. You can't be serious.
>>
>>64381494
It's going to be hilarious to watch the show fall apart.

Listening to some different podcasts and reviews for Season 5, some of the cracks amongst the normies were beginning to show, and I hope we see them even more.
>>
>>64381493
The original deadline was implied to be 2013 or early 2014 at the very latest since he said he would finish book 7 before the show caught up.
>>
>>64381514
>leave martin alone
>reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>64381508
>backtracking
I made the point multiple times you fucking idiot
>>64381424
>the current book
>>64381302
>the book
>>64381138
>current book

There's nothing wrong with pointing out what GRRM said in his blog. I didn't say I agree with his estimation or that he will deliver. I seriously feel bad for you, lack of reading comprehension must make life miserable
>>
>>64381523
Yeah I was just joking, everyone in the world shares the same opinions as you. Funny joke, huh?
>>
>>64381526
I doubt that will happen. TDKR is still praised and in the top 100 on imdb.
>>
>>64381485
I'll be pretty sad tqhwy family.
>>
File: Feels.gif (500 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
Feels.gif
500 KB, 500x213
>>64381485
>>
File: 1450880643105.jpg (62 KB, 693x479) Image search: [Google]
1450880643105.jpg
62 KB, 693x479
>Jon Snow is dead! Get over it!
>They confirm he's coming back in the next season
>"Well, technically he died, but he just came back :)"

Reminder that these hacks just write characters in/out depending on what is popular. Tumblr didn't like Stannis so they wrote him out. Normal people backlashed.

>They now realize Tumblr faggots don't buy their products and just pirate everything
>Guess who they are going to bring back
>>
>>64381622
Reminder that these "hacks" have been adapting a book

A book that ended with cliffhanger deaths for Stannis and Jon
>>
File: 1451505644362.jpg (7 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1451505644362.jpg
7 KB, 250x236
>>64381485
Only because my brother is a massive Stannis fag and so I'll be watching it with him.
>>
File: 1442748105316.gif (714 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
1442748105316.gif
714 KB, 254x199
>>64381485
>>64381677
STOP BULLYING STANNISFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64381671
GRRM confirmed that Stannis isn't dead at the end of ADWD twice now.
>>
>>64381746
Cool story, that doesn't change that the book ends with a cliffhanger where you question whether Stannis is dead or not
>>
Ill forgive him for everything if in winds of winter brienne is gangraped and tortured to death
>>
He's actually done it the lazy fucking hack, fuck Gurm
>>
>>64381622
this is one area I am more confident about GRRM, he really doesn't care if a character is popular or not, he just writes what he wants
>>
>>64381771
No, but GRRM has said he is alive, so the cliffhanger is irrelevant. It's not even really a cliffhanger considering we see him Theon's POV.
>>
>>64381771

That's a fucking lie you mong. Book 5 ends with the banker showing up along with Theon and Jeyne. How in the world is that a cliffhanger about Stannis dying? Just how fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>64380304
>The books are anti-SJW.

Lolno, Gurm is a massive SJW who's shit all over Gamergaters and Sad Puppies in the past. He used to describe himself as feminist until he didn't feel comfortable anymore because women said men can't be feminists. He's written blogs shitting on Trump.
>>
File: 20goodman.jpg (71 KB, 1094x414) Image search: [Google]
20goodman.jpg
71 KB, 1094x414
>>64381716
this. We should be united in our distaste for D&Ds writing and Georges terrible pace.
>>
File: 1434511969836.jpg (593 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1434511969836.jpg
593 KB, 1200x900
Oy vey cant have good role models for the goyim. shut it down.
>>
>GRRM BTFO of bookfags
>again

Gotta love this fat bastard.
>>
>>64381888
GRRM was literally a hippie back in the 60s, and he was a cuck for one of his girlfriends, he has always been a colossal beta liberal, just part of who he is
>>
>>64379760
What the fuck? I have never made any SW thread or hype post and I rarely shitpost. I really just want a place to discuss GoT.
>>
>>64381862
That's start of a book 6, Book 5 ended with a pink letter and shitting Dany.
>>
>>64381944
Just make a thread like everyone else. Just don't call it /got/ general. The topic of game of thrones isn't banned.
>>
>>64375938
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lle4t4o8EDk
>>
>>64381862
Pink Letter you fucking mongoloid retard
>>
File: 1449199737479.jpg (177 KB, 476x493) Image search: [Google]
1449199737479.jpg
177 KB, 476x493
>GURM:"Look, I never thought the series could possibly catch up with the books, but it has"
>mfw

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Eat shit you fat fuck
>>
>>64382017
I guess that's my only option, but I don't like starting threads, I would prefer just joining the discussion.
>>
>>64382111
Yeah and it runs the risk of getting buried beneath the endless meme and star wars threads.
>>
>>64382040
I really dislike how overproduced and fake American chat show hosts seem
>>
now this is how you start out the new year /got/
>>
disappointing, from the sounds of it he isn't even close and has at least a dozen chapters left to go as well as rewrites, I thought by now he's be in the final stretch, I don't expect it until 2017 when the the final GOT season comes out now

From the gist of his post it seemed like he was saying the major POV characters will be spoiled in the show, but a lot of minor characters won't
>>
>>64382089
>takes 11 years to write 2 books
>never even imagined the show catching up
kek
>>
ITT Marcus :^)
>>
>>64382138
This. Give me Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross anyday.
>>
>>64381917
>he has always been a colossal beta liberal

Certainly no-one interested in the effect that might have on a colossal beta conservative would need to look beyond /tv/.
>>
>>64382158

GOT will have 8 seasons
>>
>>64382089
i fucking hate him for this
>>
File: 1444168632859.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2400) Image search: [Google]
1444168632859.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2400
>>64381485
>>
>>64382189
yeah probably, and there will be 8 books as well

but D&D and the cast and crew don't seem to want to do 8, they are being forced to by the Jew producers
>>
>>64382052

>implying pink letter is real
>>
File: 1442272383223.jpg (51 KB, 637x633) Image search: [Google]
1442272383223.jpg
51 KB, 637x633
>>64375938
>Where were you when GRRM confirmed it himself?

We've known for a long time (beginning with S02) that the tv show is only peripherally related with the books and grows further and further from them away with each season.
>>
>>64377523
>>But I won't make excuses. There are no excuses. No one else is to blame. Not my editors and publishers, not HBO, not David & Dan. It's on me.

I disagree with this. D&D turned 2 books into one fucking season. How the fuck was he meant to anticipate it?
>>
File: Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png (487 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png
487 KB, 500x688
>>64381140
at least we have LOGH
>>
>>64382236

>D&D turned 2 books into one fucking season

No they haven't. Everything that's missing is going to be used next season. Wat
>>
>>64382138
>"A guid New Year tae ane an' aw, An' mony may ye see!"

We all miss him, anon.
>>
>>64382158
I'm pretty sure he was trying to say that D&D didn't tell him what will be spoiled and what won't, which makes sense considering Martin isn't working on this new season.
>>
>>64382241

Shit show for children. And I don't mean because it's anime.
>>
>>64382180
>Give me Graham Norton

lel fagot
>>
File: 1443311919898.png (280 KB, 569x570) Image search: [Google]
1443311919898.png
280 KB, 569x570
>>64381485
Can anyone truly say without memeing that they'd be pleased to see Stannis killed off in such a way?
>>
>>64382236
No they just skipped two books and made their own story instead. The only one who has an even remotely similar storyline in book 4 and 5 as in season 5 is Arya.
>>
>>64382241
>looking for a Yang picture in google
>the google bar has some previews
>the third one is Yang Wenli death
What the fuck, I'm not even sure I want to continue watching it
>>
>>64382303
nice bait, its far too boring for children to like. After a few scenes of people talking about politics nobody under 20 is going to watch anymore
>>
>>64382334
He looks pretty hot now with his new beard desu senpai.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.