[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14
File: image.png (430 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
430 KB, 1024x768
I hate this stupid phony logic

>We have to become more bad than the real bad guys!

That is exactly how totalitarian regimes happen
>>
Her face...
>>
Nobody told you to agree
>>
>>64373963
She looks like Felica day with no overbite
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with totalitarianism
>>
>>64373876
think that's the point of the scene m8. Fighting wolves with wolves solves nothing
>>
American foreign policy since the cold war has been "fight them over there so that we don't have to fight them here". Being good is secondary.
>>
>We have to become more bad than the real bad guys!

That isn't what happened at all.
>>
>>64373876
You say bad, I say ruthless
>>
Wait so why did they call him Medellin? I must that part
>>
>>64373876
CON PAZ
CON PAZ
>>
>>64374310

He works for the Colombian cartel which is trying to get back into power with the help of the CIA.
>>
>>64374310

He worked for the Columbian cartel that the CIA was trying to put back into power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medellín_Cartel
>>
File: alejandro.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
alejandro.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>64373876
Ahora vas a conocer a Reddit
>>
>>64373876
I don't know if you realized this but the Americans were the bad guys in this movie.
>>
>>64374398

Everyone was a "bad guy" in this movie, even Emily Blunt's character, since she acted as a passive enabler to the CIA murdering foreign nationals and acting toward establishing a CIA controlled drug trade.
>>
there are MANY sicarios in this movie.
>>
>>64374029
Please don't compare Emily Blunt to a camel,
>>
>>64374029
pregunta paisano

¿quiere morir?
>>
CON PAZ
>>
>>64373876
Nothing will make sense to your american ears
>>
>>64373876

quieres morir vato?
>>
File: Sicario (2).jpg (131 KB, 1253x813) Image search: [Google]
Sicario (2).jpg
131 KB, 1253x813
>>64373876
But they weren't. Blunt's character actually represents the idealism of justice and due process that men like Brolin's character are trying to protect.

She wasn't wrong, it's just that doing things by the book isn't practical in a frontier of lawlessness. Her insistence on human decency and following protocol is noble, but just not feasible given their available options.

People like her should remind these guys why what they're doing doesn't make them as bad as the real criminals.

It's easy to be an edgelord and say she was just clueless and naïve, but it's people like her that are worth saving and protecting even if they aren't "wolves" - hell, especially because they're not wolves.

It's these kind of people who are worth fighting and dying for.
>>
>>64373876

It's actually pretty spot on except that the government doesn't do things as dramatically or fast paced.

I can guarantee you the US has people hunting El Chapo with a goal of getting him on US soil, unless he's already working with the CIA or DEA
>>
>>64374688
No, wrong, it does make them just as bad as the other criminals. Did you even watch the fucking film??
>>
> emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
>>64373876
Thats the point asshat. Its telling you how retarded that logic is but its the best option in a shitty situation.
>>
>>64374704
>the government doesn't do things as dramatically or fast paced.
wew
>>
>>64373876
Reminder that the film never promotes this logic as right, merely shows that this is the logic the US uses, and has used since it got its shit together and stopped fighting itself about niggers and cousin fucking.
>>
>>64374723
>no argument

Ego bait.
>>
>>64374740
hola reddit
>>
File: 1367186481135.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1367186481135.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>cartel a good boy, he dindu nuffin'!
>>
>>64374723

I'd take controlled violence over uncontrolled violence any day of the week. The methods are dirty but the end goal is sound.
>>
>>64374783
the US openly supports colonaztion of Palestine, as well as it has its covert agencies partake in joint false flag attacks with other forge in agencies to destabilize regions, it definitely does not have its shit together lmao
>>
>>64374793
>hasn't seen the film
>decides to talk about it
>>
>>64374810
Are you trying to get a reaction from me? Just wondering, for future reference.
>>
>>64374723
>killing criminal scum makes you a bad guy
batman pls
>>
>>64374688

This.

The film is more about showing the erosion of morality and 'American Justice' which people optimistically hope still rings true, while the actions of the government demonstrate otherwise.

Anyone with even trivial knowledge of CIA history in South America can say that this film is not trying to simply show that Good Guys are as bad as the bad guys. It's a film about testing the feasibility of 'routine' and 'procedure' and 'by the book' in a world where your enemy has no such things. The film admittedly does this a little ham-fistedly with the decapitation scene and Michael Weston's little spiel about 'It's brilliant what they do'
>>
>>64374863
Any country that can run around fucking everyone else's shit up whilst remaining relatively okay has its shit together. I'm not saying the US is some kind of fucking utopia, just that they don't spend every other week killing each other over whether or not slavery is morally okay.
>>
File: wolfman-del-toro.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wolfman-del-toro.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
>>64374901
NUNCA MAS ME RESPONDAS A MENOS QUE ESTÉS CONTRIBUYENDO CON EL HILO
>>
>>64374398
There are no bad guys. There are sides.
>>
>>64373876
that's the exact opposite thing that scene (and arguably the movie as a whole) was trying to portray, lol
>>
>>64375054

>Violence is better than violence!
Way to think on a 3rd grade level, I bet you are an adherent to black and white morality too.
>>
>>64375182
Morality is black and white.
>>
>>64375209

In a Zoroastrian society, it's encouraged to fuck and marry your sister.

In old Germanic culture, you could murder who you pleased so long as you could pay the Wehrgeld, the 'Blood Money'

In the middle east it's not discussed, but generally no one is surprised to hear you have an indentured servant/slave.

Morality is subjective and gray depending on the culture. Morality is cultural.
>>
>>64375310
Those cultures are morally bankrupt, simple as that. Everything is black and white, forever. All you did was list reasons supporting that
>>
>>64375310
Fucking your sister is wrong because it produces fucked up retard children.

Murdering someone simply because you have enough money to get away with it is wrong because someone being rich isn't a good enough reason for them to take another person's life.

Slavery is wrong because it denies someone freedom and makes them suffer, and again someone being rich isn't adequate reason for them to be able to inflict that on another human being.

What else you got, smartarse?
>>
>>64374310

medellin

you know

the guys making 420 million dollars per WEEK and whose boss was worth an estimated 100 BILLION
>>
>>64375209

OK, so what would you do in the following example.

You are walking alone down a road and stumble across a man. You recognize him from the news, he was accused of being a serial killer but got off due to lack of evidence. He is drunk and flags you over to talk to him. In his drunken stupor he admits that he actually did kill all those people.

You happen to be carrying a firearm on you, would you shoot this man? He has done nothing wrong to you personally, and in the eyes of the public and the law he is innocent.

Murdering him in cold blood would be morally wrong if you see the world as black and white, but would the world really be a worse place if you just shot him right then and there?

You would be a murder and risk facing punishment for killing an "innocent" man, but if you do nothing he will be free to kill again.
>>
>>64375555
I would publically arrest him and take him to prison.

Shooting him would make me a murderer
>>
>>64375555
You seem to be confusing morality with legality. What is morally right or morally wrong is not the same as what is legal and illegal.

He is a murderer. Death is a fitting punishment. An eye for an eye is as black and white as it gets.

Though to answer your question properly, if I saw a guy I recognized to be a serial killer flagging me over to talk to him I would run away.
>>
>>64375687

>What is morally right or morally wrong is not the same as what is legal and illegal.

Murder is illegal because it is viewed as morally wrong in the vast majority of sane countries, if it were not viewed as morally wrong would it still be illegal?
>>
>>64375687
>An eye for an eye is as black and white as it gets.
barf

sociopath
>>
>>64374359
>the Medellin cartel earned 10's of billions, possibly even hundreds of billions of dollars

Man I'm in the wrong line of work.
>>
>>64375610
>>64375687

So in other words you would let him walk, knowing full well he could kill again. How is that morally the right thing to do? Are you not morally obligated to protect society? How could you call yourself "good" if you would let an admitted serial killer walk away, knowing that he is likely going to continue doing what he does?
>>
>>64373876
>>We have to become more bad than the real bad guys!
This is one of the most overused narrative dynamics in film noir - yawnsville
>>
File: 01_30ae97f4-5b61-1_2487167a.jpg (352 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
01_30ae97f4-5b61-1_2487167a.jpg
352 KB, 1500x1000
>>64375789

Fucking Escobar man, all that money and look where he ended up.
>>
>>64375791
No, i would be making a public arrest, handing him over to the authorities. That is not "letting him walk"
>>
>>64375687
>An eye for an eye
An eye for an eye will make the world blind
-Muhammed Ali
>>
>>64375852

Double jeopardy, they can't get him on the same crime since he has already been proven innocent in a court of law. You could bring him in but he is going to walk right back out.
>>
>>64375837
Better to live rich and die young or middle aged than fade away at 90 with four dollars to your name

I guess
>>
>>64375837

yeah he dun goofed hard

take that first billion - or more like a couple million - and disappear yourself before anyone cares enough to chase you

these fuckers were keeping their billions in warehouses and having 10% of it eaten by rats per year

just call gg no re and live life 99.8 billion earlier
>>
>>64375877
I'm pretty sure there would be 1 guy left with 1 eye because nobody around can do jack shit to him considering nobody else has any eyes.
>>
>>64375897
Still wouldn't kill him. "Those who have sinned much have been forgiven much also"
>>
>>64375436

I never said those cultural practices were right or wrong. I was merely pointing out that morality is a window which is clear through the lens of culture. You don't have to agree that certain practices or social constructs are morally right for them to still be considered moral in that culture. In fact, I agree with you for all the reasons you listed- those are proper reasons to believe something is immoral, but that doesn't mean Zoroastrians, Germanic Barbarians, and certain Arab classes found/find these practices to be morally acceptable.

I know you understand what I am trying to explain. There is no need to be a dumb ass. Surely you are not this foolish.
>>
>>64374398
>bad guys

My sides. What world do you live in?
Maybe this is what happens when you watch shit like Star Wars and The Avengers. You start thinking life is a movie.
>>
>>64375992
You're placing culture over true morality, please off yourself
>>
>>64375723
You are incorrect. The vast majority of the time murder is seen as morally wrong, and that's why it's illegal. The vast majority of the time.

Osama Bin Laden was murdered by US troops on order of the US government. The people of the US clapped and cheered and clapped some more. Murder is illegal in the US.

Sadam Hussein was murdered, and the act was filmed: all across the world in countries where murder is illegal people watched that footage and laughed about it.

Let's take your analogy a step further; this serial killer was also a child rapist. He got away on a technicality but all evidence still points to him being guilty. He admits his guilt. He shows you footage of what he did to those children. He also raped and killed... I don't know, one of Obama's kids. You decide to kill this man. Some reporter finds and leaks the tapes, so there is no question about the man's guilt.

By law you are a murderer, and what you did was illegal.

Do you think the public would agree that you killing this man was morally wrong? Or would they clap, like they've clapped when other people have been murdered?

Black and white morality does not mean murder is always good or murder is always wrong, Anon.
>>
>>64375928

Pablo Escobar didn't fuck up by not quitting earlier. He fucked up by blowing up a plane full of people and actively assassinating dozens of people in the street who disagreed with his methodology of bringing economic stability to the country.

He was murdered precisely because he was unable to steer the massive fucking ship he had made logically and rationally. Instead of injecting all that drug money into towns, cities, businesses, providing interest-free loans, etc.. he buried it or set it on fire or put it in a cave and blew up the cave and shit.

When you start murdering hundreds of innocent people to get at one guy who doesn't like you, you go from CIA Asset and man-of-the-people to dead in a ditch.
>>
>>64376047

>Black and white morality does not mean murder is always good or murder is always wrong, Anon.

Yes it does, it cannot be both good or bad. That is moral relativism.

Black and white implies an act can only be good or bad. It is either morally right or morally wrong. Murder is morally wrong, all the time, or murder is morally right, all the time.
>>
>>64374863
You are either a non western shithead or a fucking traitor.
If you are European than you are a pathetic cuck since US policy has been essentially defending European interests more or less, for Europe.
>>
>>64375791
It's not morally the right thing to do. As I said, morally the right thing to do is kill him, or otherwise find a way to get him arrested.

But I'm not about to walk over and have a chat with a drunk fucking serial killer, let alone take him on, you donut.
>>
>>64375897
That's not double jeopardy. Not being found guilty isn't the same as being proven innocent, fuckface.
>>
File: Anonbar.png (70 KB, 391x400) Image search: [Google]
Anonbar.png
70 KB, 391x400
>>64376030

No I am not.

You are incapable of understanding context, and I would bet you are unliked at social gatherings and find it difficult to mingle with others.

What is 'True' Morality? There are moral and ethical quandries abound within Western Civilization. This film's entire point is highlighting some of those quandries.

You're an incorrigible, odious little cunt and you need to fuck off. Just a couple more days until school starts and the underage can leave.
>>
>>64375992
>those are proper reasons to believe something is immoral

Right and we're talking about proper reasons to believe in why things are moral or immoral, we're not talking about what random savages once believed in you fucking cunt.
>>
File: Aww_Yiss.png (564 KB, 785x584) Image search: [Google]
Aww_Yiss.png
564 KB, 785x584
>tfw you have successfully derailed a thread.
>>
>>64376290
Well whoopdedoo, people are actually having an interesting conversation for once? What a derailment.
>>
>>64376099
No, moral relativism is about what individuals decide because morality is based on culture. Which is wrong, and not something I've suggested.

What I'm saying is that all situations are either morally right or morally wrong; they are always either white or black, never grey. The idea that murder, which is basically a tool humanity uses, is either always good or always bad is fucking retarded.
>>
>>64374863

who cares about a bunch of towel heads, get fucked scum.
>>
>>64375837
It's fuckin crazy how he he's been dead for over 20 years and they STILL find caches of money he had hidden around, there was one discovered within the past few years that was worth like $600 million

dude had more money than God
>>
>>64376904

He was the fifth richest man in the world and unlike the other 100 guys in the Forbes list, most of his assets were 100% liquid (he was rich on cash, not on shares and other bullshit that can dissapear into the thin air with a crash). The guy could have done great things for his country had he not been completely insane
>>
>>64375837

Are those the 3 real life "good guy" Narcos characters standing over Pablo?
>>
File: 1448236799599.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448236799599.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
>make drugs illegal
>there is a large demand for it
>since it is so illegal it becomes high risk high reward
>since it is illegal there is no governing body, administration to oversee operations, regulations, or any real oversight
>this leads to high competition which leads to drug wars and death and danger and ect

>make drugs legal
>there is a demand for it
>tax it and make fucktons and boost economy
>regulate and educate to prevent misuse and addiction
>creates jobs
>depression goes down
>quality of life vastly improves

want to know why the good drugs are illegal? it's not because it's bad for your health, because if that were real case then booze and sugar and tobacco would be made illegal. no no no that's not why psychedelics and opiates and all the good stuff are illegal. they are illegal because the people on top think this would lead to people freeing themselves from materialism and the mind control of the entertainment industry. which means if you're not spending your money on bullshit electronics toys and talking about how much you love star wars on facebook in the patio of your local starbucks all while you are being secretly monitored by all of your web searches and activity by various corporations for the sole purpose of figuring out to manipulate people like you and everyone in your respective age group into buying more of their shit, not to mention also being monitored by your government because knowing that you like jerking off to celebrity feet, your cousin's summer beach pics, and shemales is tantamount to national security and the fighting terrorism.
>>
>>64379084
this is what weedfags actually believe
>>
>>64379084
I sure hope you're posting ironically for your sake friendo.
>>
>>64373876
Only people who praise thus pile of shit are cinematically illiterate /v/ermin
>>
>>64379084

That's not quite correct. Democratically elected politicians maintain anti-drug laws because:

1. Lobbying from powerful bodies such as alcohol and tobacco firms, law enforcement (police HATE drugs) and high-profile special interest groups such as anti-drug charities founded by the parents of teenagers that died of overdoses

2. Their own conservative voters

3.The conservative (right wing) media, who are opposed to legalised psychoactives for the same reasons you attributed to politicians themselves
>>
>>64373876
I wish spanish people would give us more image macros and muimuis in their language.
>>
I know the Columbian cartels fell apart in the early 90's but how did the Mexicans gain so much power?

The product is still made in South America so do the mexican cartels have a presence in Columbia/Peru/Bolivia to handle production?

If south american cartels still handle their own cocaine production why do they allow those mexican thugs to run things nowadays? At best the mexicans should be well paid mules happy to get a handout from their columbian masters.
>>
>>64374723
Clueless idiot.
>>
>>64380183
I could be wrong, but I think the Colombian cartel only ever really ran the cocaine trade, since coca literally grows on trees there

I think the development in hydroponics and genetically engineered weed made it easier to just grow weed in mexico, and that's where they got a lot of money from
>>
that movie sucked

so fucking stupid and poorly executed, unbelievable in an unrealized world of complacency

we're supposed to take this world they constructed as believable or 2real4u, then they give the cartel hitman his own personal satellite coverage and intel support team and rolling deep with delta force because "muh cartel"

dev gru would fucking not touch someone like that with a ten foot poll, they would not worry about some federal paper saying the operation was following protocol, and like even the most basic premise of human interaction was so retarded and poorly done

nigger they dont have to hide torture, black ops/ dev gru tortures people daily, its no secret, and that little "by the book" shit was so fucking retarded, thats not how the world works.

we bomb people daily and do not care, we barely justify it, this shitty hollywood movie about how its 2real4u then catering to the whole premise of presenting the illusion of waterboarding is so counter to the entire fucking premise of the movie, ontop of every step of the way with the main character. betrays the entire situation she is put in.

im so fucking tired of that same moral righteous crusader character in every movie
>>
>>64380342
He worked for the CIA, he started used to work for the cartels
>muh dev gru
Go jerk off to /k/ you fucking washout
>>
>>64375837
>spoiling Narcos
DELETE THIS
>>
Emily Blunt's "realisation" really soured the whole film
everyone knows that the US government actively supports the cartels, this is publicly available information
they also torture, have attempted brainwashing, and are currently engaged in a proxy civil war with themselves
it's impossible to believe that her character wouldn't know this already
>>
>>64380183

The Mexicans were helping the Columbians push their shit in the USA, they were like Columbias apprentice and then became the master after Columbias downfall.
>>
>>64380525

People still don't believe 9/11 was an inside job.
>>
>>64374029
you'd have to be an asperger autist to think they look anything alike
>>
File: MexCash2.jpg (30 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
MexCash2.jpg
30 KB, 242x251
>>64380084

Que honda maricas,
Me llamo Juan, y los odio a todos. Todos ustedes son unos gordos retardados sin vida que pasan cada segundo de sus días mirando pinches imágenes estúpidas. Ustedes son todo lo malo que hay en el mundo. ¿Honestamente, alguno de ustedes han tenido chocha? Pues, supongo que es divertido reírse de la gente debido a tus propias inseguridades, pero ustedes llevan esto a un nuevo nivel. Esto es peor que masturbarse con fotos de facebook.
No se detengan. Denme su mejor tiro. Soy biológicamente perfecto. Fui capitán del equipo de fútbol americano, y también era exitoso en el equipo de baloncesto. ¿Qué otro deporte practican ustedes, aparte de masturbarse con dibujos de japoneses desnudos? Aparte obtengo calificaciones buenísimas, y tengo una novia bien buena (Me la acaba de mamar, la mierda fue TAN chingona). Todos ustedes son maricones que deberían suicidarse. Gracias por leer.
Foto relacionada: Soy yo y mi perra.
>>
Why is she so perfect bros?
>>
>>64379084
>Make drugs legal.
>Watch the protests of how my little boy was murdered because of drugs.
Public backlash would be immense.
>>
File: Dat Blunt!.jpg (1 MB, 2173x3123) Image search: [Google]
Dat Blunt!.jpg
1 MB, 2173x3123
>>64380798

Pretty good stage presence too.
>>
>>64380799
except if drugs were legal then there'd be no black market filled with violent criminals to be murdering eachother.

Its funny how people can widely accept that alcohol prohibition was a failure (alcohol consumption actually went up during prohibition) and put a shitload of money in organised crimes pockets. These days, how many people per year are killed over whiskey and beer? Because people actually did die over that petty shit due to silly laws.

At the end of the day if keeping drugs illegal actually stopped a drug market from existing maybe you could argue in it's favour. As it stands all you have are negative consequences: stigmatisation of users, wasting police resources prosecuting people for non violent crimes and giving huge amount of power to horrifically violent criminals, all while not preventing one person from getting high on whatever drug they could imagine at their leisure.
>>
>>64375687
>revenge=morality

if morals were black and white then everyone would have the same values, furthermore these values would be unchanged in history

also, you can't say 'oh but killing has always been wrong!' personal convenience and meaning is not an absolute measure of anything, well... unless you've decided for yourself to live in that way
but that's good! why? because everyone is interested in their own wellbeing, reddit! why? because it's good!

we are creatures driven by desires in such a way that we bend ourselves and the world around us
these international relationships and even what people are saying itt is a good measure for what so called 'morality' actually is, wielding power to regulate what happens to one's self by being the guy on top of the mountain
>>
>>64381478
>he didn't read time of post
>>
>>64375390
And in the USA it's perfectly acceptable for 16-year-olds to drive around in Hummers

Nothing is black and white. Learn to nihilist.
>>
File: 600px-Sicario-M4A1-2.jpg (48 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
600px-Sicario-M4A1-2.jpg
48 KB, 600x255
>>64375837
Dad?
>>
>>64380954
Teenagers would make bad decisions and try it upon reaching adulthood, even amongst those who, not having it easily available due to its legal status, would not try it.

And when you have children, you'll understand that "it doesn't work" is a reason to figure out a better method of prohibition--not a reason to abandon it.
>>
>>64382163
Anyone have the webm?
>>
>>64374793

Never fucking reply to me again unless you're going to contribute to the thread.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.