[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lucas is right you know... >“They wanted to do a retro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: glja.jpg (50 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
glja.jpg
50 KB, 620x349
Lucas is right you know...

>“They wanted to do a retro movie,” he continued. “I don’t like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different, make them completely different with different planets, different spaceships, to make it new.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/movies/george-lucas-criticizes-latest-star-wars-installment.html
>>
>>64372587

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhhACgJJkc4
>>
"So completely different they rhyme, like poetry." -George Jar Jar Martin
>>
>>64372587
Retro is good. The retro OT films had an emphasis on storytelling and character. No wonder Georgie hates that.
>>
File: Dex_Diner_klanten.jpg (46 KB, 768x325) Image search: [Google]
Dex_Diner_klanten.jpg
46 KB, 768x325
>>64372587
You're right, because a 1950's dinner isn't like making a retro film from another universe at all.
>>
File: lellllll.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
lellllll.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>>64372704
>Everyone shat on the prequels for its pottery
>TFA is literally Pottery: The Movie, but thats okay now because Facebook told people to like it.
>>
>>64372787
But there's aliens and robots in it.
>>
>>64372619
JJ is such a smug little cunt
>>
>>64372619
>you have to do it a certain way

Of course you do, faggot. It's all about making the story, characters, music, special effects done right and with quality; you can't just throw in a bunch of excessive cgi and "I hate sand" dialogue to John Williams music and expect a masterpiece.

Thank God he's gone.
>>
I guess thats why he went to Tatooine in 5 of his 6 Star Wars movies.
>>
>>64372880
Yeah, the proper thing to do is make Not-Tatooine.
>>
>>64372587
J E W S L A V E R S
E
W

S
L
A
V
E
R
S
>>
>>64372877
what story and characters? le tough woman is hungry? or black comic relief is scared?
>>
>>64372976
I was talking about making films in general, not about TFA.
>>
I don't blame him for being mad, but goddamn, give it up. You sold the franchise. Eat shit that it isn't what you had in mind, you fat chinless sack.
>>
>>64373013
everything was fine except the effects, and starting the story too early with young Anakin. and it was his story so "Thank God he's gone" is a very bad way to look at things
>>
>>64372587

So much butthurt in one sentence
>>
>>64373066
I agree. He sold the franchise, he made the decision and understood that once he handed over the keys they could do whatever they wanted with it. What the fuck did he expect? Now he's complaining Disney didn't want his ideas and him being there, as if he still owns Star Wars. Newslfash, you don't, you made the decision to sell it, so stop complaining and live with it.
>>
>>64373084
>everything was fine with the prequels

I'm glad he's gone, and it's a fantastic way to look at things.
>>
>>64373153
And besides, didn't he make the decision to keep the EU from being canon? He shits on the fans and then they turn away from him when they see that someone else can do just as much as he can. Fuck. George. Lucas.
>>
>>64372587
when is george going to make those fucking experimental films he keeps droning on about?
I loved THX1138 - I want more of that
>>
>>64373066
Lucas sold the franchise to make the fans happy, the guy doesn't need money for himself or to fund more movies, he did it because he thought some one else could make a better job and the result was a straight copy of a new hope.

I would be pissed if I was him.
>>
>>64372931
There's nothing wrong with going back to Tatooine, but you don't get to argue that you're all about showing new planets when you're constantly going back to the same desert planet.
>>
>>64373186
Yes, because he hated that other writers had better ideas and better stories than him.

I appreciate him giving us Star Wars, but it was the creative talent that worked with him that made it such a success.

Fuck him. I'm glad he's fucking gone. I hope he keeps crying. TFA was better than his shit prequels.
>>
>>64373186
The EU was always allowed to exist and to be canon.

Lucas had a strict proviso preventing any EU novels from occurring prior to A New Hope. That was his domain. Anything after Jedi he was sworn to be bound to.

Thrawn is canon. That's why he bowed to Zahn and showed us Coruscant.
>>
>>64373084
>too early
The boy is too old.
>>
>>64373176
why, what was he standing in the way of? selling toys and comics for Disney?
>>
>>64373255
He didn't have to sell anything, and besides that, before he sold it to Disney he kept on saying, "there's only six movies, it's all about Anakin Skywalker. That's it, there aren't going to be anymore. It's my saga. That's it. The End."

He's a retard who doesn't know what he's doing. The original Star Wars was a fluke and he got lucky.
>>
>>64373304
you could've started with AOTC, maybe have a little flashback if needed, and you're set
>>
>>64373277
>thrawn is canon

kek Solo's son is now a sithboy.
>>
>>64373335
>Another plinkett retard
He had nine movies in mind, then he changed his mind after he made the prequels. But the story originally consisted of nine movies, now Disney will make 20.
>>
>>64373455
the original vision would've had like a movie every other year. Old Luke would be Episode X
>>
Why lucasfags the most insufferable cunts on this board
>>
No, he isn't.

Star Wars is rooted in the desire to make something like the old scifi serials from the 40s like Flash Gordon.

That hypocrite is literally giving disney some shit for basically doing what he did.
>>
>>64373455
>plinkett retard

I don't watch RLM ugly losers unlike you.

>He had nine movies in mind, then he changed his mind after he made the prequels. But the story originally consisted of nine movies, now Disney will make 20.

That wasn't the point of my post. The point was that he said he was done making the movies, yet he decided to sell it to Disney who would make more. Literally what? He doesn't know what he's doing, he can't make up his mind (this explains why the prequels are such a clusterfuck).

It doesn't matter, at least he's fucking gone now. And good, I hope they make 20. TFA was a lot better than the shit prequels.
>>
>>64373590
TFA was hot garbage
>>
>>64373658
It was very entertaining, and you're right, it is hot.

TFA is better than the prequels and George is pissed about it. Although it really wasn't hard to make a film better than the shit he churned out.
>>
>>64373590
>TFA was a lot better than the shit prequels.
how is it? don't reply to me again unless you stop acting retarded, or something.
>>
>>64373746
he churned the same movie out 30 years ago m8
>>
>>64373746
TFA was boring as shit and entirely forgettable
>>
>>64373588
But Flash Gordon was made in 1980
>>
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>64373897
It's true. Seven is a soulless piece of shot.
>>
>>64374165
I'm glad you didn't enjoy it, edgelord.

>>64373975
ANH is different and better than TFA, but it remains the fact that TFA is above the prequels.
>>
>make 6 movies
>3 good ones
>3 not so good prequels
>sperg out and start changing the original 3 everyone loves
>people start hating you
>finally sell your own creation
>new guy taking over continues the story by making his first movie, 7 of 9, like the original 3 everyone loved.
>get upset it sold well and call it unoriginal
>>
It is a space opera that operates on a Warhammer 40K level of opportunity to make up any shit you want. I admit there's a ton of cool shit out there but there's no point to it all. The EU gave us the background on the Sith Empire and how the Rule of Two came to be but that is the deepest the series has ever gone.

And what's the point of it all? The Sith are two dudes bent on power and the Jedi are kinda just there.

If you want this fantastic world where any sort of shit happens like Warhammer 40K in perpetuity then fine, Star Wars is great for that; literally infinite potential for any story you want. But if you're looking for satisfying conclusions or some sort of Lord of the Rings sort of end to the epic, then we're looking in the wrong fucking place with Star Wars.

I absolutely refuse to believe that anybody on this planet including George Lucas has any idea where this is going to all end. Star Wars, to repeat my comparison, is Warhammer 40K, it's not meant to be art or have an end, it's meant to generate non-stop stories and revenue. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but there's no reason to bitch about lack of quality if we just admit everyone who "loves" this sort of thing have to fucking taste, and I say that as a person who has some fairly shitty taste in loving the Warhammer universe.
>>
>>64374588
This.
>>
File: 1438553788532.jpg (45 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1438553788532.jpg
45 KB, 640x400
Reminder that George Lucas is inciting class warfare by attempting to build low income housing in his area.

He says
>we’ve got enough millionaires

FUCK YOU, GEORGE
>>
File: imrs[1].jpg (398 KB, 1484x1048) Image search: [Google]
imrs[1].jpg
398 KB, 1484x1048
>>64374865
this is where he wants to build it btw.

middle of nowhere
>>
File: starwardsendings_02.jpg (400 KB, 792x864) Image search: [Google]
starwardsendings_02.jpg
400 KB, 792x864
>>
>>64373590

>The point was that he said he was done making the movies, yet he decided to sell it to Disney who would make more.

The new saga is all Disney. He's not involved.
>>
>>64375946
this is some Ghost level pottery
>>
>>64375946
Holy shit just look at how it rhymes
>>
George Lucas doesn't know what makes Star Wars, Star Wars. Fuck him.
>>
>>64372794
>>64367512

hi, i am literally reddit: the reddit plebian literally the post: literally the reddit

i'm replying to let you know i disagree. the prequels were terrible. all of them, every minute of them. the light saber fights. all the fights. everything.

whereas, TFA was a decent movie.
>>
File: 8MMbQXhB9la16vhsJSVpsbPIo1_400.jpg (50 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
8MMbQXhB9la16vhsJSVpsbPIo1_400.jpg
50 KB, 300x444
>>64372587
Is /tv/ ever going to get off this contrarian dog shit where they pretend Lucas is anything other than a complete hack?
>>
>>64378200
Only when reddit stops acting like TFA wasn't complete and utter dogshit.
>>
>>64378068
choke on 4 dicks and die
>>
>>64378290
TFA could be the worst movie of all time and it still wouldn't make Lucas talented.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.