[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that ?
>>
>>64372099
What's a tortoise?
>>
>>64372099
What did he mean by this?
>>
Because I fucking HATE turtles

A snapping turtle bit the tip of my penis off and now I'm a trap
>>
>>64372099
le Felicia Day question xD
>>
>>64372160
If you're passable I'll pay you $500 for an hour of boipussy.
>>
>>64372186
Someone linked me that video and I wanted to die
>>
>>64372117
It's like turtle
>>
>>64372299
congrats, now you know what the next generation will be like
>>
>>64372371
>Next generation
Felicia Day is the current generation
There are people like her out there
>>
>>64372099

How would a human answer this?
>>
>>64372099
I'm an archaeologist and was digging test trenches one time - finished about 15 two by two meter pits about a half a meter deep. One day I came to work after a weekend and looked in one of the trenches and a turtle was laying on its back right in the middle, baked to death in the heat. Little trench in a circle around it where it struggled to try and flip itself.
Backfilled all 15 pits
>>
>>64372099
I wouldn't flip a tortoise.
Also if it was pre-flipped I would certainly unflip it.
>>
>>64372099

did everyone else watch this on HBO a few hours ago too? this is like the third blade runner thread i've seen tonight not counting the two i've seen on other boards
>>
>>64372128
trigger warning
>>
>>64372494
I enjoy displaying my superiority over animals.
>>
>>64372733

That sounds pretty artificial.
>>
i don't get it. i would have responded in the same way as the skin job.
>>
>>64372942
it's about the time delay in the emotional response, not the response itself
it all has to do with the dilation of the pupil, that's why it's focused on so heavily
>>
>>64372494
I'm pretty sure the answers don't matter

They're looking for subtle differences in the way their face and body reacts

Also their emotional state
>>
>>64372099
Maybe I'm starving and I need to eat the tortoise. Flipping it on it's back would take a while though.
>>
>>64372099
There's nothing worse than having a tortoise you can't flip.
>>
>>64373021

Yeah, in the book he talks about how his machine measures pupil dilation and the synths have a delayed pupil reflex or something.
>>
I never fucking understood how this questions are supposed to cause empathy, who gives a shit about a tortoise?

Or the plan was getting the replicans confused because they don't know if they should show empathy?

Who knows.
>>
>>64373089
see >>64372984 >>64373021
>>
>>64372494
because I choose not to
>>
Did the replicant keep asking retarded questions in an attempt to fuck up the test results? I guess it didn't work well enough so he just shot the dude.
>>
>>64372536
RIP little turtle.

>>64372652
Perhaps, but Blade Runner is ethereal. There will always be threads.
>>
WAS DECKARD A REPLICANT?
>>
>>64372099

Mistook this for the lines from The Grapes of Wrath for a second.
>>
>>64375337
In the 'final cut' he clearly is.
>>
Two bears high-fiving
>>
>>64372099
I wouldn't flip it over in the first place

If I was in the desert and needed the food I would kill it quickly before eating it, especially not letting it dry up in the sun when I'm going to need all the moisture I can get

Either way flipping it over is just silly
>>
>>64372494
A human would just give an answer and not get frustrated. "What do you mean I'm not helping!?"

Human response might be, "I'm not helping because I was surprised to see him and did not immediately flip him right side up. After overcoming my initial surprise and realizing the situation, I flip him right side up and send him on his way."
>>
>>64372299
What video?
>>
In the book, one replicant (female opera singer) foils or at least delays the outcome of the Voigt-Kampf test by feigning misunderstanding of the questions - she's pretending english is her second language. So the answers given to the questions do have an impact on the test results. Or at least, Deckard is temporarily bamboozled.

You then get the amazing section of the book where Deckard is himself arrested and taken to an unrecognisable police station where he's not known as a bounty hunter, can't make a phone call out to any numbers he knows, and basically experiences a pretty severe mindfuck.
>>
Because you're detailing a situation in which I'm not doing it.

checkmate
>>
>>64379134
That section was weird as fuck
>btw it's a whole building of replicants
what
>>
>>64372494
All animals are fucking dead. Having a pet is a LUXURY in the universe. You'd be fucking confused why you're not helping the turtle. It's like finding a gold plated refugee on the ground.
>>
>>64379134
Definitely most exciting scene in the book is the police station. I read it first, and got really excited to see it in the movie.

Then I watched Blade Runner...
>>
>>64379134
>In the book, one replicant
spotted the skinjob
>>
I watched this today for the first time along with my parents. They hated it and we watched Kingsmen right after which they loved.
>>
Can someone clear one thing up for me?

They talk about 6 replicants escaping from offworld, one gets fried at Tyrell, and Deckard is tasked with finding 4 who made it to earth, what happened to the 6th one? Did I miss a throwaway line of dialog or something?
>>
>>64373117
see
>>64373117>>64373124
>>
>>64373021
It was reaction time
>>
>>64379421
They wont live you know.
>>
>>64379508
you are the last one, anon
>>
>>64379544
Then again who does?

I guess I shouldn't complain, there are worse ways to spend an evening than binge watching three movies with your family.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.