[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the last movie that made you think about shit for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: mulholland_drive_ver1_xlg.jpg (326 KB, 1011x1500) Image search: [Google]
mulholland_drive_ver1_xlg.jpg
326 KB, 1011x1500
What's the last movie that made you think about shit for a while
>>
Slumdog Millionaire
>>
>>64365987
there wasn't a single piece of shit in that flick OP. Are you sure you wwouldn't be thinking baout shit even if you didn't watch it?
>>
Any movie I watch because I'm an intellectual
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 148x95) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 148x95
>>64366027
>there wasn't a single piece of shit in that flick OP

wrong
>>
>>64366042
>intellectual
>watching movies
>>
>>64366027
???

All I'm saying is that it's been on my mind for a while, curious to see if anyone else is doing the same with something else.
>>
Sayjit Ray's Poo in Loo Trilogy
>>
>>64366623
Been thinking about watching these movies
>>
Ghandi
>>
Anomalisa made me sad
>>
Starship Troopers. I know it was tongue in cheek but it made me question the value of democracy and wonder if there is any alternative or if plebs are just gonna pleb forever.
>>
American Dubs
>>
>>64367811
Impressive.

Most impressive.
>>
The Inevitable Biopic
>>
>>64365987
I've just finished watching Coherence. I was expecting an okay-to-mediocre movie, but damn
Very well acted and with well executed ideas. It made me realize that the border between trusting or distrusting other people and even ourselves is thin as a veil.
>>
>>64365987
Knock Knock desu.
The girls are right, Adam is a hypocrite living a lie. His morals of monogamy and decency are a mere facade which are only kept upright fortified in his LA superrich elitist settlement. No matter how progressive and forward thinkingly avant-gade he may seem on the outside (smoking weed with his foreign sculpturist wife and gay friends) he is bound by his status and property to a false societal code of ethics. The girls destroy his possessions and show him the error of his ways. I think the film is very optimistic in its message, showing that the younger generations have a chance to overpower the old ways, that a cultural revolution is possible but also that pacifism is not the way to go, and that finally we as a society can be reunited with our mother nature and our instincts.
>>
In the Name of the People.

If it's ever the right thing to do, no matter how sympathetic the victims were, how far would I be willing to go in utilizing intense state terrorism? Would I turn into someone evil, hoplessly broken or otherwise fail regardless of my intent? And if it wasn't to support it, could I effectively resist and overcome it whether or not I was in the killing zones?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.