[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was Return of the Jedi not the best star wars? >but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: StarWarsEpisodio6CSBSO.jpg (178 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsEpisodio6CSBSO.jpg
178 KB, 450x450
How was Return of the Jedi not the best star wars?

>but muh ewoks

Yeah well it's kind of like the maoris vs the british settlers the ewoks had superior numbers and they could lose a lot more then the empire could in the battle of endor they probably outnumbered the stormtroopers 5 to 1.

ROTJ had the best lightsaber duel, speeder chase scene, jabbas palace, space battle above endor.

prove me wrong faggot I fucking dare you protip you can't.
>>
>>64362686
Cuckie cuckie cuckie, in your mouth I fuckie
hahaha
>>
>>64362686
>How was Return of the Jedi not the best star wars?

It had the best scenes in star wars period.
>>
File: radtrooper.jpg (66 KB, 555x372) Image search: [Google]
radtrooper.jpg
66 KB, 555x372
It is the best Star Wars film, and most of us acknowledge it.
>>
>>64362686

Speeder scene was meh and Jabbas was far to long and outside of Luke getting real close to the Dark Side was bad.
>>
Ewoks are great conceptually. But they should have been more like wookiees than teddy bears.
>>
>people will actually argue that this isn't one of the best parts in Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o&list=FL1mnZMMgbUOSsT06csKLiSw&index=28
>>
File: emperor.jpg (151 KB, 1065x542) Image search: [Google]
emperor.jpg
151 KB, 1065x542
ROTJ is way darker than Empire, I don't see why people view it as the 'kiddy' one.
>>
Everyone in the cast aside from Luke and Vader have no real character development or do anything important that couldn't have been done by another nameless Rebel. I mean shit C-3PO contributes more to the plot than Han or Leia does.
>>
>>64362729
I have seen people bashing ROTJ on /tv/ lately putting it lower then even the prequels in their rankings it had to end here.
>>
>slapstick comedy featuring midgets in a boring forest
>good
>>
>>64362686
The stuff with Luke and Vader was GOAT, but everything else was shit.
>>
>>64362686
>no indication of how much time had passed since Empire
>Luke is suddenly a Jedi Knight
>somehow figured out how to build a lightsaber
>did he stop a space tailor to get his fancy new clothes made?
>very abrupt ending

RotJ was a definite step down in quality.
>>
>>64362770
apparently that was the plan but they didn't have the money
>>
>>64362810
>People will argue that this isn't the best lightsaber duel in star wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A&ab_channel=skip3579
3:15 to 3:53 in particular will never be topped
>>
>>64363069
I don't think Palpatine had a single line that wasn't pure gold in 6
>Young fool... Only now. At the end. Do you understand.
>>
>>64362940
>>64362712

So that's it? Star Wars is just a big joke to you?

FUCK YOU

Star Wars isn't your fucking joke, it's a serious piece of human culture.
>>
>>64362686
Was Vader burned with his mask on in the original version or was that added in the special edition? It doesn't make sense to me that Luke would put it back on.
>>
>>64362839
They're both pretty dark. But Empire's more dark.
>>
>>64363032

It's more like Lucas didn't want to spend the money. At least, according to The Secret History of Star Wars. Lucas was pissed off at Kirshner and Gary Kurtz for spending a bunch of money on Empire because he was financing the movies and saw it as wasting his money (even though Lucasfilm was incredibly profitable), so he tried to make ROTJ as cheaply as possible to help maximize his investment.
>>
>>64362686

I watched the final battle earlier today. Fucking incredible, every bit of it

Vader killing Palpatine still gives me chills
>>
>>64363570
why was sheev completely stiff when vader picked him up?

is he a bunny?
>>
>>64364145
Because it was a work and not a shoot.
>>
>>64362686
Because TFA made everything in that movie happen for nothing.
>>
>>64364145

I dunno. He seemed like he didn't know what was happening and before he could really react it was too late
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.