[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>having a flawed character in your movie >not having your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Rey-In-Star-Wars.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Rey-In-Star-Wars.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>having a flawed character in your movie
>not having your character already perfect in every single way
>having your character learn new skills and develop over the course of the movie
>not having your character already an expert in literally everything

it's 2016
>>
>>64352456
it's gonna be a shit year my friend. it's disney chasing billions and they're going to fuck over any and everything until they're richer than all companies before them. maybe not google though those fags are something else.
>>
She is a trained Jedi daughter of Snook

Luke mind wiped her and sent to her Tatoonine 2
>>
>>64353941
good one troll, almost rustled my jimmies, 7/10

no but seriously. Disney's new Mary Sue Princess of Power is so boring that the only redeeming thing they could do with her character is make her evil. but they're going to milk Rey probably as much as they're milking her now so expect her to be good throughout.
>>
>>64352456
That's not Ep. 1 Anakin.
>>
>>64352456
>Not having a girl who grew up fending for herself selling parts of broken ships not knowing how ships work
>>
>>64354566
I may be wrong but i think you're trying to say Anakin is a Gary Stu, but if that's what you're after then I am Sorry, but no, Anakin is not A Gary Stu, At ALL. Anakin, if you'd remember, had a sixth sense that aided him in avoiding Danger and even with that ability, and a faster reaction time he gave him, he STILL CRASHED SEVERAL PODS and as his mother, himself and his boss said, he hadn't finished any race he entered up to that point.

And at most, his faster reaction time aided him in competing on even footing with his aliens racing opponents.

So he even with his Force gift, had to LEARN AND PRACTICE AND FAIL CONTINUALLY UNTIL HE GAINED A PROFICIENCY AT POD RACING!

During the final battle, the fighter he was in was brought to the battle via remote control and once off it, Anakin said that the Controls were similar to a pod racer. he used his TRAINED AND PRACTISED ability to avoid danger and happened onto the battle crusier when avoiding attackers. his engine over heated and droids surrounded his craft. upon the engines cooling, he restarts engines fires at the droids, accidentally destroys a refueling tank and bails.

No Gary Stu there bud.

You see, the fighter he was in represented, a single stick dog fighter, and the X Wing Luke was in represented a Mustang.

The FALCON represented a B-52 which is almost always piloted by two men.

For Rey to say, "I flew a crop duster or a single stick plane before," and Suddenly she's piloting a B-52 t hrough the innards of a ship, well that's what I call a Mary Sue. Don't get me started.
>>
>>64354616
Yes because every Jet Mechanic and Plane Mechanic can fly a Jet and fly a jumbo jet. even funnier, she worked in a junk yard so she at best, tinkered with ships. but to suddenly be able to fix the Falcon when Han never could, then Fly it in a dog fight, flawlessly is well, A Mary Sue.
>>
>>64355058
Ships are kind of like cars in this universe.
>>
>>64355119
So much like cars that Luke, a pilot, was confused by the Falcon's controls.
>>
>>64355058
She literally tells Finn "I've flown some ships before" in their circle dance and says she's a pilot as they run towards the qwad jumpah.
>>
You seem to have put a picture of Rey instead of episode IV's Luke.
>>
>>64355226
So much like cars that Luke was able to expertly fly an X-Wing after shooting some womprats on his t-16 back home
>>
>>64355002
How does the audience know this? Where was his pod racer training montage? Nowhere. Your fanfiction doesn't change Anakin's effortless and unearned perfection in TPM.
>>
>>64355226
To be fair, the movie established before hand that Han has made a lot of modifications to his ship, so when Luke is like "what's this," he's probably talking about a modification Han made, and not something basic that's one every ship.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.