[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long did it take for the masses to conclude that the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
How long did it take for the masses to conclude that the prequels were bad?

How long will it take this time?
>>
>>64347222

Because the guy who did the Plinkett reviews of the Prequels (and ROTJ, which is now considered "bad") thinks the Force Awakens was great, it's not going to happen. It's a dumb movie that appeals to dumb people, so the masses won't turn against it.
>>
>>64347222
Real Star Wars fans (people who didn't just see the movies for the first time last year because the big bang theory told them it was hip and mainstream) were pretty much immediately disappointed with SJW Wars: Another New Hope in IMAX 3D Starring MaRey Sue.

The sheep that watch it because le nerd culture is cool now have surprisingly already started to turn on this pile of shit and it's only been 2 weeks
>>
>>64347222
As soon as midichlorians were mentioned.
>>
Can't you spineless micropenis faggots decide for yourself without Reddit Letthurr Media instructing you on whether or not you liked a movie?
>>
>>64347222

We're already seeing mainstream critics saying it's shit.
>>
File: 1437601115778.png (8 KB, 309x257) Image search: [Google]
1437601115778.png
8 KB, 309x257
>>64347342
>Real Star Wars fans
>>
4chan is so deluded. You all think "We think it's shit, and other internet sites think it's shit, so it's shit." but as a normie I can tell you, everyone loves it. You're dumb.
>>
>>64347222
I'd say its lack of ambition will cause its reputation to fall fairly quickly. But the consensus will end up somewhere around a 6 or 7/10 because, unlike the prequels, it's not a staggeringly incompetent piece of filmmaking.
>>
>>64347222
It took about 2-5 years after ROTS

http://youtu.be/DY4GJRVaf40

SKIP TO 20 seconds
>>
>>64348563
It actually is pretty incompetent
>>
NOOOOOOO was a pretty big meme
>>
>>64348617
Oops wrong video

http://youtu.be/XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
File: Kylo-Ren-In-Star-Wars.jpg (683 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kylo-Ren-In-Star-Wars.jpg
683 KB, 1920x1080
>>64347222
we'll have to wait to see how episode 8 plays out. they could do a ton of original stuff. or they could just make an empire rehash.
>>
>>64348723
>when the Lucasfilm logo and the 20th Century Fox logo came up, that was the best
Entirely true, sadly.
>>
>>64347342
Made up shit: the post.
>>
>>64347315
People said the prequels were bad way before red letter media actually. Try not to be so ignorant.
>>
>>64347315
TFA felt like the first three movies. You can hate it as much as you won't but the saber fights were perfect.

The prequels are just over the top, the fights seem cool but when you think about it it's nothing like the original Star Wars, the world is shallow, the dialogue is bad, there is only one decent actor and so on.
>>
>>64349165
>TFA felt like the first three movies.
But the first three movies were enjoyable and gave me room to breathe.
>>
>>64347222
Never. The prequels were genuinely bad because of the acting, most fight scenes, writing, and aged cgi.
TFA had almost none of that. There was nothing memorably bad/cingeworthy about it. It doesn't matter if you liked it or not.
>>
>>64347222

He was a great villain
The first half of the movie, every-time he has screen time you feel he is truly evil, menacing, powerful. Some real gravity to it. And later we find out more about his character. Short tempered, scared, a fraud maybe.

Compare it to other villians, Darth Maul, who wasn't even a character. Dukoo? Zero character. The big robot guy who coughs, more comical then menacing. We don't know anything about them, don't care when they're on screen, and definitely aren't menacing. Seems lots of bad guys these days have some quirk rather than actually being mancing. Think of the Comic book movies, Bond movies, Anything else. It's also some quirky smarmy 'bad guy', they never do menacing anymore. Think they really nailed it this time.
>>
>>64347464
As a normie who watched the movies with his friends before seeing the force awakens

Everyone liked it but they still thought "Wow they just made a bigger deathstar?"
>>
>>64349165

>the world is shallow

Alright, you've got to be a confirmed retard at this point.
>>
>>64349431
My biggest complaint as well. It was played too safe and it showed.
>>
>>64348563
Amen.
>>
>>64349479
Just because the world was deeper than the OT does not make it rich.
>>
>>64349539

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm supposed to understand that by rich you mean something other than vastness and detail.

Uninstall yourself, you goddamned autist.
>>
Personally, I do not belive that TFA will be as hated as the prequels, as, unlike the prequels, there's a sensible plot, there's no "childish" embelishments (like the unmentionable creature of TPM), the action feels smooth and fits into the plot (but doesn't carry it, per se), and the CGI wasn't shit.

Oh! Almost forgot! They hired real actors this time!
>>
>>64349664
It's another anon, pleb.

No need to go full nuclear over it.
>>
>>64349684

You're seriously saying that Finn is anything but a fucking embellishment?

I mean he's literally useless, lol. It's Rey saving his ass the whole goddamn movie. He's as useless as Jar Jar, but he gets a pass because he's played by a real human?

>the action feels smooth and fits into the plot (but doesn't carry it, per se)

What plot?
>>
>>64349764

Does it matter who it fucking is? The matter stands either way.
>>
>>64349498
i agree but that's far less damning than the issues 1-3 had

>>64349408
i might not 100% agree with your description of him but i do REALLY like kylo ren for this. he's the first star wars villain we are getting to know as a person. i think that's very compelling and i can't wait to see where it goes. no guarantee it'll be good, but i'm really happy about it.
>>
>>64349810
No, I see Finn as a ball of potential.

Do you remember the original Star Wars movie? You remember there wasn't much of a plot other than "Rescue Leia, become Jedi, kill Empire, destroy Death Star" and that really didn't get fleshed out completely until the end of the trilogy?

Yeah, this plot is similar: "Evade First Order, find Luke, kill Starkiller Base, end the First Order".

There is a plot.

It's ok to go against popular opinion, mate.
>>
>>64347315
>Return of the Jedi
>Bad
When will this end?
I loved ROTJ, if it weren't for Ewoks it would be my favourite Star Wars film.
>>
>>64347342
Star Wars has always been "nerd culture for normies" shit.
>>
Anyone who likes the new movie is a fucking faggot who needs to get their face slammed into the concrete.
>>
>>64350558

It will not end because Red Letter Media told people it was bad, and there isn't any sort of counter-point video out there to dismiss its claims. Expecting people to do critical thinking on their own is too much.
>>
>>64350895
>and there isn't any sort of counter-point vide
There is, but the production value wasn't as good so no one cares.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.